• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 3,674 Views, 39 Comments

Twilight Sparkle Goes For An Alternate Timeline - Twilight Star



Twilight Sparkle feels a desire to know and study alternative timelines. She uses the time travel spell to get her to travel. But when it arrives in an opposite universe of yours, she simply can't understand.

  • ...
11
 39
 3,674

Desire to know new worlds and a different universe (Edited)

Twilight Sparkle was in the throne room of her castle looking for the time travel spell on the shelves, she had a great desire to meet new timelines. Why? Simple, after she faced Starlight Glimmer and have reformed it. She was simply fascinated with how many timelines there was. She needed to study and learn about the life of the ponies in the other timelines.

It took a while, but Twilight Sparkle was able to find the travel spell in time. She climbed up on the crystal table and activated the time travel spell. Wind began to come and a hole appeared in the ceiling. Twilight Sparkle was sucked into the hole.

Twilight Sparkle saw that there were several timelines and she was passing them as she watched. She passed the timeline of the Shadow King, Queen Chrysalis, Nightmare Moon, Discord, Flim and Flam and Tirek. These she already knew, so she did not have to go to those. But then some began to appear which she never visited or even saw. Twilight Sparkle had to confess she was curious to know more about these timelines.

But then, she was, against her own will end up stopping in the throne room, she was on the roof and was falling to the ground, she tried to fly, but couldn’t and slammed her face on the floor and fainted.


When she woke up she moaned and put the hull on her head. “Uurgh ...”

“Glad you woke up,” said a friendly voice.

Twilight Sparkle knew this voice and looked at the figure who was looking at her with a smile, “Luna?” She asked.

“Yes, I must admit I didn’t expect to see an unconscious alicorn in the throne room,” replied Luna. “It’s been a long time since I’ve seen you, my ex-student, and I don’t even know how you became an alicorn”

Now Twilight Sparkle has been confused because Luna from this alternate timeline is called her from her former student?

“I’m sorry, but how do you do that?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“You don’t remember? You were my student until you resolved to go through a crystal mirror,” replied Luna confused.

Twilight Sparkle realized that Luna mentioned the same mirror she went through to retrieve her crown. She decided it was better to explain the situation. “Look, Luna, I’m not the ex-student you’re talking about, but I’m not on that timeline, I’m just here to find out what it’s like here”

Luna thought for a moment before saying, “I’ll believe your words,” she smiled.

“Thank you, Luna,” said Twilight Sparkle smiling back.

Twilight Sparkle decided to ask. “I hope you don’t mind if I ask you a few questions, right?”

“You may ask,” replied Luna.

“Okay, when I got here and you saw me stunned on the floor, was it daytime?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“No, it was night.”

“How long did I sleep?”

“One hour.”

“Is Princess Celestia the ruler here?”

“No, I am the ruler here, Celestia is a co-ruler.”

Twilight Sparkle was surprised and open-mouthed, literally. She didn’t expect Luna to rule on that timeline. She wondered if Celestia here gave up the throne and passed it to Luna, but that was in her head, right?

“Twilight, are you okay?” asked Luna, worriedly.

Twilight Sparkle recovered. “Yes, I was just surprised”

As if Luna were reading her thoughts, she said. “In your timeline, isn’t I the government?”

“No, Luna”, replied Twilight Sparkle.

“Who rules in your Equestria?” asked Luna.

“Princess Celestia.”

Luna caressed her chin. “I must admit, your Equestria is very different from mine”

In response, Twilight Sparkle nodded.

“Tell me, there the ponies are nocturnal?” asked Luna.

Twilight Sparkle was confused, because here in that timeline the ponies were nocturnal? She couldn’t understand. Did she like the night? She liked, she admired the night sky quite often. But she couldn’t understand why the ponies here would want to be nocturnal rather than diurnal.

“Why the confused expression?” asked Luna.

“It’s that in my Equestria, ponies are diurnal and not nocturnal”, replied Twilight Sparkle.

“But would you like them to be nocturnal?”

Twilight Sparkle tried to explain without hurting Luna, “look, I like the night, but I’d rather have the ponies to be diurnal”

Luna showed no sign of anger or sadness, just nodded, “I think my sister would love to meet you,” she said with a smile.

“Princess Celestia?” asked Twilight Sparkle with a smile.

Luna laughed at the thrill of Twilight Sparkle. “Yes, Twilight”

“But wouldn’t she be asleep now?” asked Twilight Sparkle not wanting to wake up her former mentor.

“Don’t worry, she sometimes stays up staring at the night sky before bed,” replied Luna.

“Okay, come on.” Twilight Sparkle rose from the bed.