• Published 19th Mar 2019
  • 722 Views, 10 Comments

Dark Friendship - Silver Shadows



Cozy Glow was locked in Tartarus. What if she realized that friendship could have a stronger hold than before?

  • ...
 10
 722

Chapter 3

As they walked out of sight of any possible ponies, Tirek asked quietly, “Cozy, why did you save me when you could’ve lost your magic forever? Before you answer, keep your voice down. We’re closer to ponies that I would like.”

Cozy asked, “Can’t your shapeshift or something? Also, it’s ‘cause you’re my friend!”

Tirek put a hoof on her mouth before she could continue and hissed, “I told you to be quiet. Where are we going?”

“Mmph mm ph,” Cozy tried to say. Tirek sighed before taking his hoof off of her mouth. The filly said,

“We’re going to the CMC clubhouse! It’ll be really awesome.”

Tirek asked, an eyebrow raised, “Is that a suitable place to hide though? And what is CMC?”

“The Cutie Mark Crusaders! They help ponies find their cutie marks,” Cozy explained, “And they mainly stay with their sisters... besides Scootaloo, who doesn’t exactly have a sister. I don’t know where she usually goes. It’s getting dark, which should mean that they should be back at their houses. Besides, I don’t want to be cramped up in some old alleyway. Unless you want to go to Twilight’s castle...”

“Absolutely not,” the centaur decided, “We are staying here then. We will take shifts for the night, just in case those ponies you mentioned decides to sneak out and come.”

“I’ll take first watch!”


The next morning, the two woke up when they felt the sun come out.

Tirek stared at it and muttered, “I haven’t seen the sun nor the clouds ever since I last escaped... and that was only for a day... It’s amazing.”

Cozy’s stomach rumbled, “Hehe, oops.”

“Is there someplace we can obtain food?”

“Uhhh... Well, ponies can’t resist my cute face. But I’m sure that everypony knows who I am by now, especially since the incident was super duper close and I did almost get all the magic here.”

Tirek frowned, “Let’s go to another place. I do not wish to be here inside what looks like an apple orchard. Those ‘CMC’s you were talking about could also arrive.”

“Yeah but there’s school right!”

“Which day of the week is it?”

“Dunno.”

“Then we must get out and hide someplace. I personally can not believe I agreed to this place.” Tirek stood and promptly hit his head on the ceiling, causing a dent.

Cozy thought for a moment, “Maybe an alleyway then?”

“Yes, lead us there promptly. I do not wish to stay here a moment longer,” Tirek glared at the ceiling before stepping out. From the distance, Cozy heard somepony bucking a few apple trees.

Cozy stage whispered, “C’mon! I hear somepony.” She flew forwards, with Tirek closely behind her despite how out of magic he was, and after 10 minutes of running without getting spotted (thankfully), Cozy stopped at a dark alleyway.

Tirek smiled, “Perfect. I suppose this will do.” Cozy’s stomach rumbled again.

Tirek frowned, “We are both hungry. Tartarus does not have any supply of food and we cannot reply on immortality this time. I don’t need food if I have enough magic but as you can clearly tell...” Tirek gestured to his own body.

Cozy bit her lip, “What should we do? I don’t wanna die!”

“Shh... Don’t talk that loud. Can you steal some food?”

Cozy smirked wickedly, “Well, I do have a lot of practice in those arts.” She flew off.


Cozy approached a lone pony who had bags of food. She widened her eyes and made the best cure face she could ever muster.

She said, “Hi... May I please please please have some food? I’m very hungry.”

The pony put their bags down, “Of course you can! Here are three apples. You do look skinny... Where are your parents?”

Cozy quickly made up a story, “They said something about a honeymoon and they told me to be with my friends... but my friends were busy today and I got really hungry...”

“You look familiar for some reason. What’s your name, little one?”

“My name is,” Cozy glanced down, “Stone Digger. I’ve been here a few times... you probably saw me sometime.”

The pony nodded and gave her a smile, “Well, Stone, it was nice meeting you. I hope you have a nice day.”

“Thanks ma’am!’ Cozy said as she flew away with the three apples. She made sure to fly low to the ground, not wanting to get spotted by anypony. She made it back to the alleyway without anypony following her nor getting any suspicious looks.” She gave Tirek one apple and kept the other two for herself. Tirek ate it, a look of pure joy crossed his face.

Tirek frowned, “I’m still hungry. If only I could drain some ponies.”

Cozy thought for a moment, “Hmm... How weak would they have to be?”

“Foals... The creatures from Tartarus didn’t have a lot of magic due to malnourishment,” Tirek replied, “And I prefer it if you can continue stealing.” Tirek refused to mention that he would feel slightly bad if she lent him some magic.

Cozy gave a smirk, “That could be arranged. I’ll get some foals for you.”

“We’ll have to kill them afterwards.”

“Even better. What should we do with the bodies though?”

Tirek shrugged, “I’ll just vaporize them with magic.”

“I’ll be back,” Cozy promised, flying away.

Cozy scoured Ponyville, making sure to avoid most of the ponies. She hid behind a bush as the CMC ran to their clubhouse. She saw a foal with white fur and brown spots. She gave a small smirk, knowing that he likely could not defend himself. She quickly tapped on him and motioned for him to follow. The other foal looked around before jumping into the bush beside her.

He whispered, "What are you-" Cozy covered his mouth and looked around before seeing a rock.

She whispered back, "Don't move nor speak. Trust me." The other foal nodded slowly and Cozy let go of his mouth. She picked up the rock, pounced on the other foal, and jammed the rock on his forehead, efficiently knocking him out. Cozy then went bush to bush slowly, dragging the other foal's body along with her. Finally, she managed to reach the alleyway without being spotted. She panted and wiped the sweat off of her forehead.

Tirek stepped closer and smiled cruelly, "I can sense this weakling's power." He opened his mouth and absorbed all the magic of the earth pony. Tirek looked a little stronger after that. He looked down at the foal. The foal twitched a little bit but his eyes were closed.

Tirek enveloped the foal in his magic and laughed quickly but with menace, “It is time...”

And the limbs began to slowly break and tear apart, one by one.

Cozy clapped her hooves, “Awesome! I’m going to rob some ponies now for bits and food! See ya.”

Comments ( 4 )

Will we actually get a motive and backstory for Cozy in this story?

I'm loving this story

Comment posted by Star love deleted Sep 19th, 2021

Please update.

Login or register to comment