• Published 19th Mar 2019
  • 721 Views, 10 Comments

Dark Friendship - Silver Shadows



Cozy Glow was locked in Tartarus. What if she realized that friendship could have a stronger hold than before?

  • ...
 10
 721

Chapter 2

Author's Note:

I added the gore tag due to the description of torture in this chapter.

Within one of the mouths of the three headed dog, Cozy could feel spit all over her. She shook her mane, getting some of the drool off of her.

Cozy shouted, “If you give your magic to Tirek, he will take revenge!” The young filly wasn’t sure if Tirek would help her escape but she did want revenge. She hoped that the other creatures had the same idea. However, Cerberus only blinked before returning to his station.

Tirek coughed, “Cozy Glow, you can’t speak dog.”

Cozy rolled her eyes, “Whatever. That’s not even important.” The older creature rolled his eyes before turning around so that his back would face Cozy.

Cozy hesitated, “Tirek? Last time when Discord gave you magic, you were able to absorb others without permission right?”

Tirek turned around to face her again, “...Yes?”

“This isn’t smart of me but... If I willingly give you my magic, would you be able to absorb the rest?” She asked, staring at him.

Tirek hesitated, “Are you trying to get both of us to escape or just me?”

“Both of us,” Cozy said, knowing that Tirek already knew the answer, “But if you get out and wreck revenge, especially on the school of friendship, I wouldn’t mind. Then, with Equestria’s magic, you can still get us out of here. You do know how bad this place could be.” Her cutie mark glew slightly.

She continued, “Besides, this is a terribly lonely place that the princesses should experience. It would serve them right to throw us in here. Look at Discord, he was taken out and reformed yet no creature here was given a chance. Tirek, we can do it. If we get out, we can have a chance. I am willing to do it, even if I won’t be able to fly until you return my magic.”

Tirek finally nodded, “Fine.”

“How do I send my magic?”

“Envision it and throw it to me.”

Cozy nodded. She closed her eyes and began to envision a ball of magic. Being a pegasus, it was hard to see it as magic but eventually, when she thought about her anger when she was trapped from escaping, her anger when she realized that the CMCs, her first friends, were trying to stop her from her brilliant plan. Her anger pooled with her magic and a ball of magic was formed. She threw all of it to Tirek, who was always by her side through letters, who she had expected to betray her from the start.

Tirek ate the magic quickly and grew a bit taller and stronger. It wasn’t as powerful as conquering Equestria but it was enough to absorb some of the magic from the lesser monsters, and then from the more powerful monsters. One by one, they had turned grey. Even Cozy’s useless chatter was gone. Turning, he saw the grey and seemingly lifeless pegasus. Tirek destroyed his cage with the magic then with some hesitation, Cozy’s.

Tirek returned Cozy’s magic, “I’m only doing this because you know Equestria and will be able to blend in more than I can. I refuse to alert the princesses of my presence until it’s too late for them. I don’t think that Discord will betray Equestria again and if he finds out...”

Cozy nodded, “Yeah! And we’re friends now, right? We only managed to escape with teamwork!”

“You’re lucky that I freed you,” Tirek grumbled, “Because we are definitely not friends. I only did it because you will be useful in Equestria and they hate you too so you have a lot to lose like I do if they catch us.”

He turned to Cerberus, “As for this mutt... he doesn’t have magic anymore... but tried to eat around every creature around here. I think he deserves to suffer. If we get captured again, and I doubt we will, I don’t want that stupid dog to be alive.”

Cozy asked, “Are we going to make him eat metal?”

“Worse.” Tirek began charging up magic between his horns. A whip appeared and wacked the three headed dog, creating strips of blood that trailed to the floor. The dog whimpered as it tried to run.

Tirek taunted the hurt dog, “How does this feel, huh? This is for trapping us for thousands of years.” Charging more magic, Tirek made the whip disappear but created a torture spell instead. It was hard to cover the dog’s body due to the size and the limited magic Tirek had, but he managed to break all of its bones besides the ones in the brain. Tirek also made sure that the dog was conscious for all of this. Cerberus howled in pain as each bone was bent and broken.

The centaur said, “You’re lucky that I’m not at full power yet, Cerberus. If I was, there would be a lot more to pay. Cozy, any ideas on torture?”

Cozy said, “Friends are supposed to forgive each other! We should forgive-“

“Yeah, well, I’m not friends with my torturer.”

“We can’t stay here forever.”

“Our ages are frozen inside this prison so we actually can stay here all of our lives. However, I have been trapped here long enough so I suppose that we should go. However, there’s one more thing before I leave this place.” He formed an electric shock collar on the dog. It began shocking the dog.

Tirek explained to the confused filly, “Each second Cerberus doesn’t move, he gets shocked. The voltage increases by 30 each shock. It should pop all three of the heads off soon.” True to his word, the dog shrieked, making Cozy shrink back in sudden fear. The three heads rolled off and the body became entirely limp. Tirek loosened his magic hold on the collars and zapped the door.

Cozy clapped her hooves in excitement as the doors fully opened. Tirek trotted forwards, leading the way out of his prison. Cozy followed next to him, happy to be back outside. No one ever guarded the place besides the now dead dog,

Tirek turned to Cozy, “Is there anywhere we will be able to rest at nightfall?” It was currently afternoon so there was some time to travel.

Cozy thought for a moment before nodding, “Yeah. I think I know the perfect place in Ponyville.”