• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 1,128 Views, 23 Comments

What A ‘Dazzling’ Event - Taken-By-Insanity



I was just a guy that likes to sing, to improvise songs. Now I’m three people and they’re the Dazzlings!

  • ...
4
 23
 1,128

A New Day...

I walk down the sidewalk of my neighborhood in the city of San Francisco. Hi, I go by Ad a lot of the time. Don’t ask why it’s spelled like that. Anyways, I was walking down the street when a random person in a black hoodie ran to me and gave me a ruby, shaped similar to the ones around the Dazzlings’ necks before they were destroyed.

“Sorry, gotta go,” I couldn’t tell if it was a man or woman by the voice but he or she ran off after saying that. I shrugged it off and continued walking.


I arrived at my, currently empty, home and walked to my bedroom consisting of the bare minimum of a bed with black sheets and a dresser. There is also a mirror in the corner which I walk towards and look into. I look and rearrange my dark blonde hair so it's not covering my scarred face. But then I notice something, my eyes weren't their usual grey-blue. They were a brilliant raspberry instead.

I looked over myself again and noticed my hair changed as well, having grown out and turned into a luminous vivid orange with brilliant yellow streaks. I watched with horror and surprise as I saw scars fading from my face, freckles also vanishing soon after the scars were gone. I looked at my hands and watched as they started to become slimmer and more feminine.

“What is happening?!” I said quietly to myself as I watched in fear. I felt my hips become wider and some of my height become lost to whatever force is responsible for this, the pain I should be feeling being numbed somehow. I looked at the mirror again and noticed new mounds of flesh upon my chest and my skull enlarging itself into a more circular form, my eyes also enlarging and becoming more expressive.

When the changes stopped with long eyelashes growing in I saw a human version of Adagio Dazzle with pale white skin as my reflection instead of myself. Soon after taking note of this I felt extreme pain suddenly erupt throughout my body, making me collapse and have the ruby fall out of my pocket. The last thing I saw was the ruby, now glowing, before blacking out from the pain.


”Are you three alright?” I heard a man ask. I opened my eyes and saw an adult man with dark blue hair and large brown eyes, wearing a trench coat that casts a shadow over the rest of his clothing.

“I think so,” I said, hearing three familiar females saying the same thing, my own voice being nowhere to be heard.

“Are you sure? You three seem to not be doing so well, what with hugging each other in an alleyway, shivering like it’s the winter,” the man said, motioning to my right, showing it’s the middle of the day.

When I looked I saw a teenage girl I’m oh so familiar with. The first detail I saw was her hair being a light arctic blue with moderate persian blue stripes. She then looked at me, her eyes a moderate raspberry and skin an arctic bluish white. It was Sonata Dusk wearing a black hoodie and jeans with black shoes.

We both jumped back from each other, a look of fear taking over our faces.

I bumped into someone else and looked behind me, seeing another teenage girl I’m familiar with. Her eyes were a moderate mulberry, her hair a moderate purple with light brilliant aquamarine streaks, and her skin a pale, light grayish fuchsia. She too was wearing only black. It was Aria Blaze.

She also jumped back, surprise instead taking her face. I looked at my hands and saw they were a pale apple green instead of the pale white I was used to.

Sonata, Aria, and I stood up, having all looked at our hands. I looked up and smiled, “Oh we’re fine, I promise.” I noticed a faint glow at the bottom of my vision and the man’s eyes flash red before he nods and leaves.

I looked at the other two and Aria beat me to the punch, “Ok, why are you two in existence, why do I not have white skin, and how am I suddenly a girl?!” We both shrugged.

“I dunno. But where are we?” Sonata asked. We walked out of the alleyway and saw that we were by Canterlot High, students bustling about and going along their day.

“Put your hoods on, we can’t be seen,” I commanded the other two before putting my own hood on, having figured out I also had the same outfit as the other two.

We walked away from the school and took a left, ignoring everyone as we just walked until we noticed a restaurant and, I’m not sure about the other two but a delicious smell was coming from it.

We walked into the restaurant and notice it’s a bar and there’s a fight breaking out between two drunks, a visible green mist emanating from them. I felt the need to hum as I watched this and hummed I did, the other two following suit.

The mist then moved away from the two drunks and went into a necklace around our necks, the source of our power. We kept humming until the sirens of police were heard nearby fifteen minutes later and we walked out of the bar before taking a left. Now that this unnoticed hunger is satisfied I looked around and saw how the town looked in all its glory.

People were walking around with friends and being kind. It was honestly beautiful to see compared to back home, there’s so much peace here.


After finally looking around we stopped by an apartment building and I turn to the other two. “Now, who were you two before this happened?” I asked the two with suspicion in my voice.

“I’m Ad,” the two said before looking at each other with me raising an eyebrow. “No! I’m Ad, you’re somebody else!” the two yelled at each other.

“Ok stop,” I told the other two. They went quiet and looked at me. “I’m also Ad. We might all be Ads from alternate dimensions that each was put into one of the three of us. That or we are all the same single Ad that got stuck with three bodies to now use and had to split in order to do so,” I said to Sonata and Aria, most of that likely going over their heads.

“Now, search your pockets. We need to know what we have on us,” I told the two before looking through my pockets, finding a wallet with over seven hundred dollars in it, a phone colored golden yellow, and a key to something. The other two found similar items in their pockets as well.

I looked into the phone and saw a note in it. I opened it and it had a list of things to remember. I looked through the list and looked at the apartment building by us before looking at the other two. “Welp. We ended up at where we live at least,” I informed the two before going through the front door, them following behind.

I look at the notes again and unlock room 6 before entering with the other two. The apartment was a little large but big enough for three occupants. We went straight to bed and gone to sleep, me being in the orange bed, Sonata the blue bed, and Aria the purple bed.

Then the land of dreams took me before I knew no more.

Author's Note:

Alright. I got confirmation that this can join a group of a similar theme to what I did with Ad. Hope you enjoy. And I hope I won’t end up canceling this.