• Published 12th Apr 2019
  • 632 Views, 26 Comments

The Amazing Spider Mare: Sinister Secrets - SuperPinkBrony12



(The long overdue sequel to "The Amazing Spider Mare: The Symbiote Saga".) Spider Mare and Black Cat (Cheese Sandwich) leap into action tracking down a crime syndicate led by the mysterious Mr. Negative, while some old foes unite and plot revenge.

  • ...
3
 26
 632

Chasing Down Shocker

Pinkie retrieved her costume and left the shelter without another word. Martin Lee definitely attracted suspicion, but at the moment there was nothing tying him to Mr. Negative. "Guess it's back to square one," She thought to herself. "This is a mystery that's really got me stumped. Whoever this Mr. Negative is, he knows how to keep his criminal activities under wraps. Funny, I always thought the bad guys never learned."

Cheese Sandwich was waiting for his wife when she returned. While the Cakes were very accomadating, Pinkie's guest bedroom just wasn't big enough to handle two ponies. Plus, Cheese preferred a place to call his own, even if he still sometimes went on the road.

Pinkie let out a sigh. "Well, you cross Martin Lee off the list for potential leads," She groaned, sinking into a lush, red sofa. "It's weird though. I can't put my hoof on it, but something about him feels... off."

"You mean, like 'Pinkie Sense' or 'Cheesie Sense' off?" Cheese suggested as he turned to his wife.

Pinkie shook her head. "No, nothing like that. My 'Pinkie Sense' didn't activate, and you know if he was at all suspicious he would've triggered it. He's not like Venom or Carnage, where he's immune to my 'Pinkie Sense' because of who he is. It's funny though, before Aunt Suzanne came to work for him I'd never heard of him in all my life. But that's just a random coincidence, isn't it?"

Cheese chuckled. "Maybe, maybe not. But it's far too early to just give up. Maybe we'll have better luck if I approach him, dear. I have a bit more natural charm, and a reputation. Besides, anypony your Aunt Suzanne's willing to work for can't be all bad." He gave Pinkie a small kiss on the cheek.

The pink party pony tried her hardest not to blush. "Oh stop it, Cheese! Quit being such a tease! You know I can never stay mad when you're around! Can't you let me be a Grumpy Pie, just for a little bit?"

Cheese grinned as he shook his head. "No can do, Pinkie. Now come on, no time for long faces. It's your turn to watch the Cake Twins, after all. So you'd better hightail it on over to Sugarcube Corner, Mr. and Mrs. Cake will be expecting you."

"Not for another half hour at least," Pinkie declared as she checked her schedule. "Which should give us just enough time for one quick swing around town. Just because Mr. Negative's eluding us for the time being doesn't mean there aren't other criminals lying in wait. And if we don't stop 'em... well the cops probably will, but you know what I mean."

"Alright. We'd better suit up then!" Cheese declared.

But as the super powered couple prepared to do just that, it happened! Both Pinkie's 'Pinkie Sense' and Cheese's 'Cheesie Sense' both flared up suddenly and unexpectedly! They knew what the combination meant!

"Looks like I might be a little late for the Cakes today," Pinkie sighed and groaned. "Of all the rotten luck. Why do they always have to pop up at the worst possible times? Can't a super villain for once show up when I have nothing else to do?"

As he suited up, Cheese simply replied to his wife. "Hey, we both knew this kind of thing would happen when you agreed to take me on as your partner. Now come on, no time for long faces! We've got a doozy of a super villain to catch!"


It didn't take long for Spider Mare and Black Cat to track down the source of the flare ups! The Shocker was already doing a good job of drawing attention to himself, using his gloves to blow up stands and overturned carts as frightened ponies rushed for any shelter they could find!

"Out on an early probation, Shocker?" Spider Mare half taunted, half scowled as she swung towards him and kicked the villain hard in the chest, knocking him backward briefly. "Or is this the work of your boss?"

"Zip it, wall crawler!" Shocker growled as he adjusted the knob on his belt and then threw an electrified punch. Spider Mare barely had time to dodge it to the side. "I already blabbed too much! Boss made it clear, I talk anymore and I'm dead! And if there's one thing you should know about my boss, he makes good on his threats!"

Black Cat simply remarked. "Well, that's quite the unlucky break for you. Here I was hoping we could end this peacefully, you tell us what we want to know and you'd get to take a nap."

"Get this straight, I ain't afraid of either of you! And no jail cell can hold me!" Shocker vowed. "But I'm not just gonna sit around and let you beat me," A few electrified punches was all it took to make a mess of the market (now mostly void of ponies). "You wanna arrest me?! Well you're gonna have to catch me first!"

"Come back here, Shocker! You can't escape!" Spider Mare yelled, swinging rapidly just to keep up with Shocker. All the while she was shaking her head and asking herself. "Why do they always run? It's not like it ever makes a difference, I always get my prey in the end."

"Guess the Shocker still needs a few lessons. And we're just the ponies to teach him!" Black Cat declared as he pulled out his staff and started swinging. "But we'll have better luck if we split up! I'll try to corner him from ahead, you close off any escape routes from the back!"

Spider Mare nodded. "Sounds like a plan! Let's just hope it works better than our last one," Under her breath she added. "Though I guess that's what happens when I get careless. Definitely been a while since I've had a villain challenge me like this."


The Shocker kept on running, occasionally firing off an electric blast from his gloves in a vain attempt to shake off his pursuers.

Naturally, Spider Mare couldn't help but get in a few taunts here and there. "Guess your aim ain't all it's cracked up to be, Shocker. You really couldn't hit the broadside of a barn!"

"I'll say!" Black Cat added with a grin. "My mother can shoot better than you! Heck, my grandmother can shoot better than you! And I mean it, you don't wanna mess with my grandma when she's in a bad mood!"

"Stop mocking me!" Shocker growled as he kept on running. "The rumors are true, you really are in love with the sound of your own voices! How does anypony tolerate you?!"

"Simple, we're not two bit criminals like you." Spider Mare answered, swinging low enough to shoot a ball of impact webbing.

The Shocker destroyed it effortlessly with his gloves. "Not good enough! You may be strong, web spinner, but I am too!" Then he ducked into an alleyway.

Spider Mare just grinned. "Perfect," She said to herself, eyeing the metallic symbol on her chest. "I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to field test this. Now let's see what Twilight's little Spider Cam can really do!" With a few twists she was able to pull out the metallic spider symbol, and a simple touch was enough to activate it.

Black Cat, meanwhile, was perched on a rooftop looking directly down at the alleyway. "Oh my my. The big, bad Shocker has stumbled upon a stray black alley cat. Oh, whatever shall I do?" He taunted with fake worry, before leaping forward not unlike a cat pouncing! He leaped directly over Shocker, landing behind him and grabbing him by the shoulders. "Unless you wanna get a taste of my new freeze blast, and be stuck with icicle for legs, I suggest you start talking."

Shocker struggled to shake off Black Cat as Spider Mare watched from afar with her Spider Cam. "I told you already, I can't talk! If I do the boss will kill me!"

"Please, we can protect you! We can arrange to get you out of town!" Black Cat pleaded.

"Yeah!" Spider Mare called through the Spider Cam. "There's lot of maximum security prisons in Equestria. We could put you in one under armed guard. No one would be able to lay a hoof, claw, or other extremity on you."

Shocker shook his head. "You think I'm gonna fall for that?! After what happened those prisoners in Manehattan last night, nowhere in Equestria is safe!"

"What?! A jail break?!" Spider Mare and Black Cat both gasped together! This was the first they were hearing of such a thing!

Shocker grinned, taking advantage of the opportunity to flip Black Cat (who thankfully landed on his hooves) and then shoot down the Spider Cam with a blast from his gloves. "Guess you haven't read the papers yet. It was headline news. Four of Equestria's most wanted super villains were being transferred in an armored convoy, when it was suddenly ambushed and someone freed them. They don't know who or what did it yet. The guards overseeing the transfer are still in the hospital, all bandaged up and unable to say a word," He was quick to add. "I'll be lucky if that's the worst that happens to me. You can make all the vague promises you want. I know how you super hero types operate! I'm not going back to jail, and I refuse to talk!"

Spider Mare leapt down from the roof she'd been standing on, touching a familiar button on the side of her suit. "Well it's one or the other, pal! And you're going to find out the hard way that we have ways of making you talk!" Soon, she had dawned her familiar Spidey Armor. "Might wanna cover your ears for this one!" She warned, and Black Cat heeded the advice, for he knew what was coming.

Poor Shocker had no time to react as a sudden sonic blast not only assaulted his ears (before he had the sense to plug them with his gloves) but also pushed him back considerably! With an audible thud he slammed into a dumpster and fell to the ground. He rose a moment later, appearing to clutch his chest with his gloves as the blast ended. "You think that scares me, wall crawler?!"

"It should," Spider Mare grinned as she eyed the Shocker. "But if you don't believe me, just try out your gloves. You're gonna be in for a real... well 'shock'."

The Shocker did indeed try. However, when he thrust his gloves forward to prepare to fire an electrical blast, he found that they wouldn't do anything other than spark harmlessly. "No!"

"Oh yes," Spider Mare insisted as she trotted towards Shocker. "Just as I predicted. My sonic blast shorted out your circuits. Looks like you're gonna have to come up with a new name for yourself, seeing as you're not gonna be shocking much of anything anymore."


But before Spider Mare could do anything further, a familiar voice called out. "That's quite enough, wall crawler. Don't you lay a hoof on him."

Spider Mare spun around, surprised to see Martin Lee with Officer Copper Top. "Mr. Lee?!" She exclaimed in shock! "What in the name of Celestia are you doing here?! Don't you know who this is?!"

Martin Lee nodded as he trotted forward quite unconcerned. "Oh, I do. He is one of the many ponies from my homeless shelter, Hector 'Watt' Sparks," He proceeded to pull off the mask, revealing a battered looking earth pony stallion with a dark black coat, red eyes, and an electric blue mane and tail that appeared frazzled, as if they'd been hit by a bolt of lightning. "He used to be an electrician, before a string of unfortunate power outages that he was blamed for caused him to be fired. He hasn't been the same since. It saddens me that he was able to escape my custody and cause all this trouble."

"You knew all along?! And yet you didn't tell me?!" Spider Mare remarked as her eyes narrowed.

"I didn't think it concerned you, wall crawler. I thought you could be trusted not to play too rough," Martin Lee scolded with a shake of his head. "But it seems I was wrong. You allowed an innocent, troubled stallion to be sent to jail all because he got mixed up with the wrong crowd. He doesn't belong there, he belongs with me. My shelter can rehabilitate him, make it so that he isn't a threat to society."

Black Cat was all but speechless. "Can he really do that?! Does he really have that kind of authority?" He inquired of Copper Top.

Copper Top nodded her head slowly. "I'm afraid he does. He is well within his rights to decide how best to handle a pony from his shelter. He came to me first thing this morning and told me how much he regretted not saying a word about Hector's condition. Working for someone as cruel as Mr. Negative turned an already troubled pony into a dangerous stallion who lacked an outlet for his anger. And I'm afraid he took it out on innocents. However, Mr. Lee and I were able to work out a deal."

"I will be taking Hector back to my shelter, and he will be given the mental help he so desperately needs," Martin Lee insisted as he approached Hector and lifted him up. "In return, I agree to pay his outstanding fines and warrants, as well as post the bail. And Officer Copper Top was quite insistent I take Hector in before I made the payments. I have the paperwork to back it up if you don't believe me."

Copper Top then added. "And it is my duty to inform the both of you, Black Cat and Spider Mare, that if you touch Hector at all or interfere with his treatment, you can both be held accountable for any and all future damage he causes. To say nothing of the possibility that you might have to go to jail," She let out a sigh. "I don't like it anymore than you two do, but the law is the law I'm afraid. My hooves are tied."

Martin Lee placed a hoof over Hector's shoulder, carrying him out of the alley. "Now then, Hector. You've taken quite the beating today. Fortunately, my new secretary will be more than happy to fix you up her homemade soup. And then we can schedule a visit with the local therapist, at no additional cost to your room and board of course."

Spider Mare and Black Cat could only stand there in utter speechlessness! Their only remaining lead had just been taken away, and there was nothing they could do about it. To say nothing of the still shocking news about the prisoner escape. It seemed as if things had taken a turn for the worse for our web slinging crime fighters.

Author's Note:

The Shocker's real identity in the comics is usually Herman Schultz, but I didn't want to directly use that and couldn't really think of a clever ponyfied take on it.

Since The Shocker is more or less the first major boss of the PS4 Spider Man game, I felt it was only natural to bring him back and tie him to Martin Lee.