• Published 12th Apr 2019
  • 641 Views, 26 Comments

The Amazing Spider Mare: Sinister Secrets - SuperPinkBrony12



(The long overdue sequel to "The Amazing Spider Mare: The Symbiote Saga".) Spider Mare and Black Cat (Cheese Sandwich) leap into action tracking down a crime syndicate led by the mysterious Mr. Negative, while some old foes unite and plot revenge.

  • ...
3
 26
 641

The Swing of Things

Author's Note:

After over two and a half years, it is my pleasure to present to you all the next installment of my Pinkie Pie x Spider Man ponyfication. I strongly recommend all newcomers check out the first two installments to get a grip on how things work.

Yes, I know Black Cat is normally not Spider Man's wife or even chief love interest, but in this case Cheese Sandwich is pulling double duty as Mary Jane.

The shipwreck may seem unimportant now, but rest assured in that due time it will become relevant to the story.

This fic takes place in an Alternative Universe after Season 5, the only events of Season 6 that for sure still take place as they did in the show are Starlight joining the main cast and Flurry Heart being born. There is no School of Friendship and no Storm King or Chrysalis invasion (as such things would be stopped by Pinkie Pie as Spider Man).

And finally, this fic is dedicated to the memory of Stan Lee of Marvel Comics, the co-creator of Spider Man and many other iconic marvel creations (he is co-creator because he came up with them in partnership with Jack Kirby who is also deceased), who died the previous November at the age of 95.

Our story begins not in Ponyville, where our favorite web slinger has made a name for herself, but off the coast of Horseshoe Bay.

Not every criminal threat requires Spider Mare or Black Cat (or as you true believers may know them, our heroes and crime fighting couple: Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich) to stop it. All sorts of threats big and small alike are thwarted every day by the royal guards, and by police units all over Equestria. But every so often, even the best of prisons fills up. When that happens there are routine prisoner transfers in a variety of manners (only the truly worst of the worst are ever sent to Tartarus, and in such cases the princesses oversee the arrival of convicts to the maximum security place themselves).

So it is that our story unfolds in the middle of one of these transfers, late one fateful night not long after Pinkie Pie had officially become Pinkie Pie Sandwich (but everyone still calls her Pinkie Pie or just Pinkie).

A storm was brewing out at sea, an unusually strong one at that. Lighting flashed, thunder clapped and boomed, the wind howled and roared, and massive waves rocked the shoreline. Yet amidst the frightening tempest, an old prisoner ship was attempting to reach the shoreline.

The captain was confident that his vessel could endure the fierce winds and massive waves, even as the ship groaned and rocked from side to side. But some of the crew up in the captain's nest with him were not so sure.

"Captain, I think it's time we radioed an S.O.S!" The first mate nervously suggested. "I don't think this ship can take much more of a beating! We're going to capsize!"

The captain shook his head. "Steady your nerves, mate. This ship has been in rougher seas than this and has come out none the worse for wear," He maintained a tight grip on the wheel. "We're almost to port as it is, just a few more miles and we'll do it. We'll dock for the night and resume the transfer in the morning," Then he gave a whistle. "Officer Jack!"

A scrawny looking stallion with a coat as black as soot and eyes a dark blue in color trotted up and gave a salute. "Yes, Captain Lee?"

"What's the status of the prisoners?" Captain Lee inquired.

Officer Jack cleared his throat. "All present and accounted for. However, there is one recruit who has been unusually quiet. He refuses to say a word or even look at others."

Captain Lee simply shook his head. "As long as he's in his cell he'll be no danger to any of us. Just make sure to keep a close eye on him, they say he's a shapeshifter. And I'm not talking changelings, he can become an entirely different pony or so they say. Which is why we must ensure he is delivered safely to the Baltimare Correctional Facility."

Just then, however, the ship rocked violently and began to lean! Without warning, a wave larger than all prior waves washed over the deck, the force of it almost knocking the ship over as if it were a toy!

A look of horror flashed in Captain Lee's sea green eyes! Something like this had never happened before and he didn't like it. "Officer Jack, get down to the holding cell and get all the prisoners into life jackets!" He barked out. "First Officer Mike, ready the lifeboats! Second Officer Kirby, radio a distress signal at once!"

"What about you, Captain Lee?" First Officer Mike asked.

Captain Lee replied with a noticeably somber tone. "I'll try to steer us out of this tempest and hopefully buy time for a rescue. But if worse should come to worse, as captain it is my duty to go down with the ship. I just hope it doesn't come to that," Without loosening his grip on the wheel he shouted. "Now, all of you go! You have your orders! Hopefully, I'll see you all again soon!"

The various crew members began scrambling as word soon spread about the ship's condition and the possibility that it might sink! Unfortunately, they had less time than they thought to prepare for the worst.

Less than five minutes after Captain Lee had given his orders and announced his intentions, another massive wave appeared! This one much bigger than the ship itself! A look of sheer horror crossed Captain Lee's face, and for him and for all aboard the ship it was to be the last thing they would ever see. The storm had claimed the entire ship as its victims.

Or so it seemed. Amidst the darkness of the storm and the night sky, a mysterious figure surfaced in the billowing sea! Spotting a piece of driftwood nearby, the figure clung to it for dear life. If he could just make it to shore he would be saved. Everyone would assume him to have perished with the ship's crew and prisoners. He'd be free to live.


Now you might be wondering what that ship wreck has to do with our heroes. Well, events that would unfold months down the line would cause it to come to the center of attention for Spidey and Black Cat.

Despite their reputation as unparalleled crime fighters, Spider Mare and Black Cat still had a fair share of criminals big and small alike who thought they could outsmart the duo.

And it's now that we join the two, just as they're about to teach another batch of no gooders that crime doesn't pay.

Late at night, in the streets of Ponyville, some masked earth ponies were attempting to sneak into town hall. It was hoped that they could steal some important documents and issue a ransom to Mayor Mare. Already, the crooks were discussing what they planned to do with the money once it was given to them.

"I'm gonna hang up my mask and tell the boss I'm done serving him," One crook commented. "Celestia knows he doesn't pay well."

Another crook laughed. "I'm thinking big. I'm gonna move to Griffonstone and set up a counterfeiting ring. Those griffons love bits so much, it'll be easy to swindle them. Like taking candy from a baby."

"Wow, you'd steal from an innocent baby? No wonder your mother never loved you," A mysterious voice commented. "Or maybe that's why you're a criminal, your mother never held you as a child." Seconds later, a stream of web fluid split the silence, and a familiar looking mare clad in a red and blue suit with black lines appeared.

The crooks gasped! "Spider Mare?! But you're supposed to be a myth! An urban legend!"

Spider Mare just chuckled. "Boy, you criminal types sure are slow on the uptake. Don't you read the papers? I'm as real as real can be."

One of the crooks just growled, pulling out a baton. "We ain't scared of you, rancid wall crawler! There's five of us, and only one you!"

"Good thing she's not alone then." A male sounding voice called out. Suddenly, landing next to Spider Mare was what appeared to be a pony dressed up like a cat, complete with a black face mask and a small staff that could shoot wires.

"Hey, Black Cat," Spider Mare greeted. "Always a pleasure to see you."

Black Cat chuckled. "Hey, I couldn't let you hog all the fun. You know that's not what we do things."

Spider Mare smiled. "Stop it, you'll make me blush. Besides, right now I've got a few criminal scumbags that need to be taught a lesson."

Black Cat grinned. "Mind if I join in? They always say two heads are better than one, and I'm itching to pounce."

Spider Mare nodded. "You set 'em up and I'll knock 'em down."

"Wouldn't have it any other way, partner!" Black Cat declared and turned to the criminals. "Sorry, boys, but tonight's your unlucky night. Because you just crossed paths with the Black Cat!"


Working together in perfect harmony, the two web slinging crime fighters had no trouble taking down the criminals and tying them up. Just like Spider Mare, Black Cat was capable of detecting hits before they could be landed, and adjusted his body to duck or weave under or around them.

In a matter of moments, with a few punches, kicks, and some well placed webbing, the criminals were defeated and webbed up. Spider Mare brushing the dust off her costume. "Here's a little piece of advice for you criminal types," She told the goons. "You're obviously new to this game, I can tell. But if you're really that bad at breaking and entering, then maybe don't try to commit a breaking and entering. I'd say I've met worse upstarts than you, but then again I don't wanna be a liar."

Black Cat simply added. "And when the police arrive, be sure tell 'em who it was that stopped you cold in your tracks," Taking up his staff, he added. "Spidey and I would love to stay and chat, but the police are probably already on their way so we'll let them take it from here. Hope we don't see you around."

Spider Mare followed Black Cat as the two took off. Sure enough, they fled the scene just before the police arrived to arrest the criminals (after freeing them from the massive amounts of webbing that had pinned them to the ground).

From the safety of a rooftop near the outskirts of Ponyville, the masked crime fighters finally allowed themselves to talk freely to each other in their civilian identities. Pinkie lifted up her mask and leaned in to give Cheese a kiss. "Can you believe the nerve of these guys? Ruining our eight monthaversary like that? I had reservations booked and everything."

Cheese simply smiled as he extended a hoof to stroke his wife's mane. "Hey, we both knew there'd be times like this when we agreed to get married. Besides, I'll take a night of crime fighting over a fancy dinner any night of the week. As long as you're by my side to support me, tiger, I'll always be happy."

Pinkie sighed, both in happiness and in concern. "You make a valid point, Cheese. Even so, I really wish that just once these criminals could pick a night that doesn't fall on an important milestone or obligation," Then she changed the subject. "But you know what's really bothering me? This is the sixth such attack on a Ponyville landmark this month, and aside from the sloppy performance those goons just gave us they've been anything but your average, run of the mill type of criminals."

Cheese nodded. "I've been noticing the same thing. There must be some kind of pattern, these cheeseheads have to be getting orders from someone."

"But who? And why?" Pinkie wondered aloud. "We haven't found any clues at all. No leads, no jumping off points, nothing."

"Cheer up, Pinkie. I'm sure we'll find the answers in good time," Cheese reassured his wife. "For now though, we've stopped the bad guys and saved Ponyville yet again. I think that's pretty good for one night. Now let's go home and in the morning we can see if Twilight has any information."

"Good idea!" Pinkie declared. "I was going to stop by her castle anyway, there's some upgrades we've been working on together and she said she just put the finishing touches on them yesterday."