• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 6,648 Views, 2,278 Comments

A Sweetie Dream Land - Lucar



Sweetie Belle finds herself in another world, working for a fat penguin self proclaimed king.

  • ...
8
 2,278
 6,648

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 80: Green Valley

In Equestria, a certain draconequus is peacefully having his tea party with his best friend.

"Would you like some more tea, my dear?" Discord asks, proposing a big multicolored T.

Fluttershy giggles at his pun before answering "Yes, please."

So Discord starts pouring tea from the T. "And will you want a U? It always comes after the tea." But before Fluttershy can answer him, Discord's head suddenly starts vibrating. "Oh, excuse me, I have a call." Discord then takes his left horn and puts its base near his mouth and its end near his heart. "Yes? Oh, Dissy! No, let me guess. Sweetie has started a new adventure? Oh really? BWAHAHAHAHA! And you almost got caught in it?! Yes, I suppose that everybody would be less lively if they turn pale, even me. Well then, I leave you back to your job. Meanwhile, I will warn the ponies. Tata!" And Discord finishes by putting his horn back at its place.

"Oh dear... Another one?" asks Fluttershy, worried.

"Let's just hope that it won't be as tragic as last time. Everyone loves some drama, but I prefer comedies. With some luck, this time, the bad guy will be a goof. However, the situation is rather problematic for Popstar. The bad guy somehow managed to take all the colors, leaving everything really bland. And everyone touched has become as still as a statue. Goof or not, that's strong level of magic here. Even Dissy almost became a victim."

This makes Fluttershy gasp in horror. "Do... Does this mean that everyp... everyone in Popstar is...?"

"Everyone! Thankfully, Sweetie Belle, Kirby, and Bandana Dee were saved by some cross between a fairy and a paintbrush. And now, they are on their way to kick butts and chew bubble gum, and they're all out of gum! Popstar will regain its colors before we can say 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious'!"

"Supercar... Supercali... What?"

"Exactly. Now let's go Fluttershy!" shouts Discord as he places an arm around the pegasus. Snapping his fingers, Discord finds himself in a bat-like superhero suit while Fluttershy now wears a red and green suit with a small mask hiding her eyes and a black circle with a yellow F on it on her chest, as well as a yellow cape. "To the Discordmobile!"

"But... You don't need any transports. You can teleport."

"Oh. This is why you are my sidekick. You are so smart."


"Wait. Can you repeat that?" asks Twilight.

"The bad guy took all the colors of Popstar. The whole planet is now as white as a paper," says Discord.

"But... How..." She takes a big breath. "No, I will not go down this path again."

Discord, now wearing 3D glasses and lying down on a lounge chair along with Fluttershy, Spike, and Starlight, stops eating his popcorn and starts booing along with a dozen clones of himself, some of them throwing the popcorn or the glasses in anger. "Booo! We want a refund! We wanted to see a meltdown!"

Twilight gives a deadpanning look at Discord. "I will send a note to the others."

"Yes, do so. They will want to see this. It's not everyday that a hero has to recolor a whole world."

A few minutes later, everypony is gathered and ready.

"I can't believe it! A villain that steals the colors of everything! My worst nightmare!" shouts Rarity.

"I thought that your worst nightmare would be for your clothes to be hated by great fashion ponies, or to be booed on stage, or to be super ugly" says Rainbow.

"Those are worst nightmares two, three, and four."

"Woowee, Princess Luna must be busy with you," comments Applejack with a laugh.

Rarity just huffs in answer.

"I sent a note to Sweetie's filly friends," informs then Discord. "Since school is almost over, I thought that they would be interested to see their friend."

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking," says Rainbow.

At this, Discord opens the portal, showing them Sweetie, Kirby, and Bandana Dee running on a rainbow rope in space, the rope created by some paintbrush not far in front of them. Changing the point of view of the portal so they can see where the heroes are going, they see in that they're approaching an island-looking world entirely made of clay representing glasslands and a forest. Behind this world, they can barely see other worlds, for a total of seven worlds, each seemingly representing a color of the rainbow, starting with the green. Also, each of the worlds, except the first, seem to be surrounded by some forcefield*.

"Well, this will be interesting," comments Discord.


A little earlier.

The hero's pass through the hole in the sky, finding themselves in space. Not too far in front of them, they can already see the seven worlds of Seventopia, all already colored, and all made of clay.

"That Claycia didn't lost time," says Sweetie Belle.

They can perfectly identify each of the seven worlds. First is a green world made mainly of grasslands and forests, then comes a yellow world made desert with some ruins. After is a world made mainly of water with a few islands, then is a world representing a blue sky with clouds and even a floating palace. The last three worlds are a world with a sun setting on a forest with giant mushrooms and some swamps, a volcanic world, and a world that is actually a giant paintbrush with many colors turning around purple.

"Alright!" shouts Bandana Dee determined. "I'm betting that Claycia is in that purple castle! Let's go beat her!"

"Not so fast, Bandana," says Sweetie Belle before pointing at the worlds beside the green one. "Look, they all have a forcefield."

"Uh?" Bandana focus more on those worlds, and can indeed see multicolored force fields surrounding them, but barely. "Aww... Really?"

"I bet that we will have to explore all those worlds one by one to find and destroy the seals that keep those force fields and pass to the next."

"And I bet that those seals will be protected by powerful guardians."

"Poyo..." sighs Kirby.

"You seem already used to that kind of thing," they hear Elline say still in her paintbrush form.

"We are," confirms Sweetie Belle. "Me and Kirby already saved Popstar many times, and Bandana helped us a few times." She then rolls her eyes. "And almost every time, we end up having to traverse a succession of areas each ending with a fight against a powerful being."

"So you are actual heroes?" asks Elline excitedly.

"You bet they are!" shouts Bandana Dee. "Kirby and Sweetie Belle are heroes, and the most powerful warriors of Popstar! You couldn't have found better people to stop Claycia! As for me..." He rubs his head. "I may be a hero too, but I'm far from reaching the level of those two."

"Don't sell yourself short, Bandana. You're still very strong, and you were of great help each time that you participated in one of our adventures," says Sweetie Belle.

"Poyo!"

Bandana just blushes and rubs his head again without replying.

"So, Elline, what do you think we will have to face, since you helped a little creating those worlds?" asks Sweetie Belle.

"First of all, everything is made of clay, even the creatures that you will encounter, and they have all been created by Claycia, so she has probably taken control of all of them."

"Which means many fights in perspective," comments Bandana.

"The most common that we will encounter are Cottas. You will recognize them easily, they look like upside down jars on feet with a face. Normally, they are defenceless, but who knows what Claycia has done with them. After, you will find some of the creatures that we can easily find in any other worlds, like Bronto Burts, or Hot Heads, or Gordos..."

At this, the three heroes groan. "Not Gordos..." says Bandana.

"Not a fan?" asks Elline.

"They can be nice to be around when they are friends, but any other time they go in the way and are annoying because they are invincible!" complains Sweetie Belle.

"Oh... But I'm sure this won't be too problematic for you!"

"Just annoying."

"As for this first world, Green Valley, there shouldn't be too many problems. Well, I would say the same things to all the worlds expected maybe for Red Volcano, but I fear that Claycia will create more difficult paths for us once she learns about you. But this first one should be a walk. All there are are grasslands, forests, and some caves. And charming little houses."

"So it should be quick," says Sweetie Belle.

Not long after, they reach Green Valley, and it is as peaceful looking as Elline said, pretty much like Dreamland, but with everything made of clay. Too bad it has been colored using the colors of Popstar. However, the clouds and rainbows visible in the sky seem to be real ones, or somehow, Claycia is able to make very realistic clouds and rainbows with clay.

Speaking of...

As the party starts exploring this world helped by Elline's rainbow ropes, Sweetie Belle asks "Is Claycia a clay statue given life?"

Elline looks at her in surprise. "Yes! Exactly! But how do you know?"

"Well... Do you know anything about potential little sisters she may have?"

Elline nods. "She didn't tell me much about them, but I know she has two little sisters. But each time she talked about them, she was sad, so I avoided this."

"We encountered them..."

"Really?"

"Yes, but... Something bad happened in the past, and they were turned evil. One of them, Drawcia, even tried to turn Popstar into a giant crazy painting. We were forced to kill them. Nothing else could be done."

Elline gasps in horror.

"They were corrupted by an abomination called Dark Crafter..." She looks at Elline with sad eyes. "And I fear that this thing may have corrupted your friend too. It's the only explanation that I can find to explain why she was so friendly, only to suddenly turn evil."

"Or maybe she was possessed by some Dark Matter wannabe!" quickly says Bandana. "Many of the Dark God's creations possess this power! If that's the case, then all we have to do is to knock her out, force the thing out of her, and destroy it!"

"Let's hope, Bandana. But if it's Dark Crafter, I don't know if he can take possession of something. Until now, he has just corrupted things." She starts thinking. "But... If this is Dark Crafter, and he has just corrupted Claycia not long ago, then maybe if we find him, and destroy him, we could save her. Like Meta Knight said, if the object hasn't been too much corrupted, then it's alright." Her expression becomes somber. "But if it's too much corrupted..."

"Like the Mirror..."

Sweetie Belle looks at Elline again. "We will do what we can for your friend, but I don't know if we will be able to save her..." She sighs. "Not everyone can be saved..." As tears appear in Elline's eyes, Sweetie Belle hugs her, saying "But if we can save her, then we will save her! I promise."

"But first, we have to find out if she has been corrupted, or possessed," says Bandana.

"But if she's corrupted, then why not simply do what you did to us?" they then hear.

Looking at her belt, she Sweetie Belle answers to Yarn "Because I don't think that she would be as weak as you. Claycia created seven worlds of clay and took the colors of a whole planet. I won't be able to force her to be nice like I did to you."

"Hey! We created a whole world too! We aren't weak!" yells both Yin and Yarn indignantly.

"Your creator used you to create Patch Land. And she used those glowing strings of yarn. Without those strings, and by yourself, your powers are limited."

As if they have been stabbed, the needles scream "Arg!" at this.

"After all, contrary to Claycia, Drawcia, and Paintra who are creations, you are tools. You need someone to use you to access your full power, and this power depends of this person's quantity of magic."

"Arg!!!"

"So even if you are corrupted, you barely pose a threat, not like Claycia. Heck, Bandana Dee was able to face you even when you were boosted by Taranza."

"ARG!!!"

"TKO!" yells Bandana with an arm raised.

This makes Elline giggle. "So, who are they?"

"Oh yeah. They are Claycia's cousins, Yin and Yarn. They were also corrupted by Dark Crafter, but as you just heard, those guys are just too weak to be a threat, so instead, they serve me."

"I didn't know that Claycia had cousins."

"Really? She didn't say anything about us?" asks Yarn.

"Uhuh," answers Elline with a shake of her head, which causes the needle to become depressed.

"No wonder... We barely saw each other before we were separated to go create Patch Land..." informs Yin.

Elline looks back at her new friends. "Thank you, for trying to save Claycia."

"You're welcome/Poyo poyo!"

Just at this moment, they reach a small cave inside a mountain with platforms coming from the wall directly at their left as the floor go down into a small gap. For some reason, there are springs on some of the areas, some bubble blocks, and they also end up fighting their firsts Cottas. Searching for the exit, they destroy some normal looking blocks, use some springs, and find a black door directly behind more blocks.

Funny enough, even the black doors are made of clay, and yet, they perfectly act as real door.

Maybe those clouds and rainbows are really made of clay after all.

Exiting the black door, they are still inside a tunnel where Sweetie has to use a boosted punch to destroy some iron blocks blocking the way. Soon after, they discover some blue clay that is not fully solidified, so they can destroy it to reveal a potential secret passage, only to end up in a dead end. But now, they know that they have to keep an eye for those walls made of non-solidified clay just in case. After destroying more iron blocks, and fighting over half a dozen Cotta, they find another black door that leads them outside.

But barely they come out that they are attacked by one of the giant one-eyed hands from earlier still trying to catch Elline.

"Eep!" screams the fairy as she barely avoids the hand.

"Poyopoyopoyo!" shouts Kirby, making signs for her to come behind him.

Elline does so, and the three heroes face the hand, Sweetie Belle and Bandana readying their weapons. As the hand approaches, Sweetie wraps her whip around it and throws it right toward Bandana's spear as he makes it twirl, cutting it badly. Kirby finishes with a headbutt, and the hand retreats toward the sky.

"Do we chase it?" asks Bandana.

"We would lose time," says Sweetie Belle. "And those hands are easy to defeat, so if it comes back, it won't be a problem."

At this moment, they spot above them that the sky has some area exactly like the 'no paint zones' from Sweetie and Kirby's adventure against Drawcia. With the help of Elline, they confirm that they are indeed no paint zones, to the heroes' annoyance. Well, now that they all can fly or air jump, it's not much of a problem, but it means that Elline can't help them while they are in those areas.

After passing through another small tunnel, they pass another door and appear at the base of a HUGE tree with another black door waiting for them.

"We will climb it?" asks Bandana Dee as he looks up, and up, and up.

"The seal could be hidden at the top," says Sweetie Belle.

"It would be a good place to hide it," confirms Elline as she starts writing in a purplish book.

"Poyo?" asks Kirby.

"It's my diary. I love writing and drawing stuff in it."

"You're drawing me?" asks Bandana. "If yes..." He takes a pose, flexing his arms. "Go on. You should also draw a cape for me."

Elline giggles.

Entering the black door, they enter the tree where they have to fly or use Elline's rope to climb, breaking many star blocks in the way. Further up, they encounter a Shotzo equivalent of the Cottas, thankfully not invincible contrary to the real Shotzos.

"I swear I didn't help creating them!" says then Elline. "I would never create a cannon firing harming projectiles! Together, we only created the ones that would propel people!" But then, she looks at Kirby. "But maybe..."

"Poyo?"

They pass some no paint zones, then reach a small area with many blocks that they have to destroy to progress, with a bumper among them.

Seeing the bumper, the three heroes look at Elline with a raised eyebrow.

"We really like bouncing," says the fairy with a sheepish laugh.

After the bumper, they have to use cannons to continue, and they are propelled out of the tree, at the top, where they are stopped by a bumper.

Looking around, Bandana sighs. "No seal here..."

"Poyo," says Kirby as he points a path made by the top of more trees linked by giant vines. Taking it, they eventually encounter an armored type of Cotta much harder to punch, including a giant one forcing Sweetie to turn into metal before attacking him.

Just after, the giant hand returns for another attempt at grabbing Elline, but it is easily defeated like before. After that, they take a succession of cannons propelling them further up in the sky, reaching the top of trees that are so high that they are surrounded by clouds. And it's confirmed, they're real clouds, not made of clay.

Having to fight a few Bouncys while passing rotating wooden wheels, they find an Invincibility Candy that they use to easily pass a great number of star blocks along with some armored Cottas before reaching another cannon propelling them further up in the sky, far beyond the tallest trees, until they reach a large wooden platform surrounded by vines.

And despite reaching this high, no trace of the seal. Annoyed, they take the black door that is just beside, and they appear beside a cannon that propels them back toward the surface, right into a cave with waterfalls and giant flowers... and Gordos. Taking another cannon propels them more deeply in it, where one of the paths is blocked and they have to take the other and continue their way through more waterfalls until they reach another cannons that gets them through the indestructible blocks blocking the first path earlier. They end up stuck against a wall by a sticky green slimy stuff, and they have to struggle to escape it.

"Yuck! What is it?" asks Sweetie Belle as she tries to get the green slime out of her fur.

"Claycia's weird sense of humor," answers Elline. "She thought that it would be funny to use this green slime to cushion anyone propelled by this cannon."

Leaving the slime behind, they destroy some bubble blocks to find another cannon, going even deeper into the cave. They then encounter what Elline calls Carpas, red fish that seem to love swimming up waterfalls. Leaving the fish alone, they continue exploring the cave, eventually encountering more of the green slime.

"This slime... wasn't here before," says Elline.

"Probably obstacles created by Evil Claycia to make the life of anyone passing by here impossible," says Bandana.

After another encounter with a hand, they have to go up to destroy a bomb block and free a waterfall that free the way for them to continue, and after more cannons, they have to move through a tunnel full of Gordos, Elline's rainbow rope being very useful for Bandana Dee here. After another cannon, they reach the exit of the cave just in front of a forest, still not finding the seal.

They enter the forest, where vines with flowers blooming into spiky balls hinder their progression.

And after passing a door, they find themselves in front of a clay version of Whispy Woods, which is clearly at the origin of those vines.

"Eep!" screams Elline, scared as the tree roars at them.

"Why the heck is there a clone of clay of Whispy Woods?!" asks a very surprised Sweetie Belle.

"W-well..." answers Elline, still scared and shaking. "Living trees are really common, so maybe Claycia simply wanted to use one for this world..."

"At least, we found the guardian of the seal of this world!" says Bandana Dee, pointing his spear at the tree.

Clay Whispy smirks at them before using some vines to create spiky balls in the way, covering a small part of the ground with them and making the approach by feet difficult. Then, shaking his leaves, he drops, not apples, but spiked mines that bounce on the ground toward them.

"Okay, this will be very different from the normal Whispy," comments Sweetie Belle.

"Let me help," says Elline, still scared but determined.

Elline then turns into her paintbrush form and paints her rainbow rope, passing between the spiky balls and going toward Whispy. The heroes immediately jump on the rope, avoiding the mines about to roll on them, and use it to get closer to Whispy really easily. Frowning, the tree changes the positions of the spiky balls, but the heroes still avoid them and are able to reach him, and he is immediately assaulted by the three of them before he blows a big gust of wind to push them back, almost getting them impaled on some of the balls behind them.

They quickly come back to the charge, but Whispy quickly blows more wind, pushing them again in the air, and he places his spiky balls in their trajectories as they are pushed back. Luckily for them they can air-jump/fly to avoid them. They charge again at the tree, only for him to do it again, and again, and again, not letting them approach.

Looking at the fake Whispy in annoyance, Sweetie turns her whip into cannons and starts firing beams from them and her horn at him, surprising him. Meanwhile, Kirby and Bandana Dee run respectively to the left and the right, going around the tree to attack him from opposite directions. With this tree seemingly not knowing how to jump or to use his roots to fly, he can't avoid the projectiles of the filly, and has a hard time defending himself against the heroes attacking from three directions. He multiplies the number of mine dropped by his leaves, and the number of spiky balls in their ways, but the heroes are easily able to dodge all of this, and before long, he gives up, looking down and crying before letting the seal, a rainbow colored ball, dropping from his leaves.

With one simple magical beam from her horn, Sweetie Belle destroys it, the ball exploding in an explosion of colors.

"That was amazing!" shouts excitedly Elline. "You really are heroes! You defeated that mean tree so easily, it was like he was nothing to you!"

"And again, we were going easy. No need to go all out for a Whispy look alike," says Bandana proudly, taking a pose. "This adventure will be a piece of cake! Right guys?"

"Yay/Poyo!" answer his friends before the three of them put their hands and hoof together. With a sign of her head, Sweetie tell Elline to put her hand with theirs, and with a smile, the fairy joins them.

Author's Note:

*I had to find a reason for the heroes to not directly go to the last world to fight Claycia.

PreviousChapters Next