• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 6,648 Views, 2,278 Comments

A Sweetie Dream Land - Lucar



Sweetie Belle finds herself in another world, working for a fat penguin self proclaimed king.

  • ...
8
 2,278
 6,648

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 112: Aftermath

After what feels like an eternity, the light finally disappears, and the heroes are able to open their eyes to look at the result of their Final Friend Heart.

They aren't in the void anymore. The heart had such an effect on Void that he created a whole universe, and from what Sweetie Belle could feel, judging by the huge quantity of Heart Matter, this universe's main watchword will be Friendship.

Speaking of Void, they look back at where he was, and they can see that he is still here, but different. As they approach him, they can see that he's now smaller, about the size of Dedede, and looks exactly like Kirby. The only difference is the color: the same glowing white than in his original form.

As Void starts to wake up, Kirby charges toward him, hugging him in surprise. Voids looks at Kirby in wonder for a few seconds, then, slowly, puts an arm on his head and starts rubbing it, smiling.

Galacta Knight approaches them, looking down. "Father..." he starts, gaining Void's attention. "I'm... I'm sorry... All that happened to you... It was my fault... I'm sorry..."

Void stares at Galacta Knight for a few seconds. Then, with a smile and a wave of his arm, he says "Come."

Galacta Knight looks at Void, surprised, not moving for a few more seconds. Then, the dam seemingly breaking, Galacta Knight throws away his mask and flies to Void to hug him, crying. Sweetie Belle catches the mask with her magic, keeping it for Galacta as she watches the family reunion with a smile and some tears of happiness.

They have done it. The real Void is back. The God Fatherly one. And the Dream Universe is saved, hopefully, this time, for good. If there are any remaining dark creatures or corrupted artefacts lurking out there, Void should be able to deal with them.

Honestly, after fighting evil after evil for one year, she has a hard time believing that this is over. That peace is back, for good. No heroes needed anymore. At worst, they will be needed to stop small fry villains the like of Dedede when he stole food.

But that's okay. As long as peace is lasting, she won't mind being out of hero job. There are still thousands of other ways to have an exciting life.

Void looks at them, and says, "Thank you."


Let's say it now, back in Equestria, a huge party has already started to celebrate their victory over Void, and by their, they don't just mean Sweetie Belle and co. but everyone, because everyone participated in this fight.

And by Celestia does it feel good!

With the help of Discord, Pinkie has made a cardboard version of Void Termina's Titan Form for the foals to hit with sticks while the others are gathered left and right eating food, playing games, and reminiscing the strong moments of the fight.

"But you know what this means, Rarity?" suddenly says Pinkie Pie to the white mare.

"What?"

"Sweetie Belle will soon return home!"

Hearing her, Rarity's smile grows. "You are right! How didn't I think about this?"

"Well, you were obviously still thinking about the fight," says Discord. "But yes, give Sweetie Belle a few days to rest and to say goodbye to her friends, and before you know it, she will be there going..." Then, it materializes a sock puppet Sweetie Belle on his claws and starts speaking using Sweetie's voice. "Rarity! Rarity! I'm back! And now I'm super powerful!" He then materializes a sock puppet of Luna on his paw. "Oh! Princess Luna! How about I kick your flank to prove my superiority? I am firing my laseeeer!!!" A laser beam suddenly comes out of sock puppet Sweetie Belle's mouth and disintegrates the sock puppet Luna.

"I will not be defeated that easily!" shouts the real Luna upon seeing this.

"But you still will be defeated!"

"I will not!"

"Keep deluding yourself!"


The heroes return to the Dream Universe using the Lor's portal, followed by Void. Without surprise, all the surviving ships are now gathered around, waiting for the news.

Hyness raises his arms. "We came, we saw, WE WOOOOOON!!!!"

Screams of joy immediately can be heard coming from all the ships.

The joy doesn't last long as they first decide to mourn the ones who lost their lives during this 'War of the Jamba Heart'. The real drama is knowing how much perished near the end, because of Void Termina's Master Crown Beams.

Beyond the ships that were destroyed, dozens of planets were annihilated.

Billions of lives lost.

This peace has come to a high price.

And so, the heroes gather on the deck of the Lor Starcutter, each holding at least one little star created by Void. Eventually, they throw the stars to the sky, and the stars slowly fly away to fix themselves in a random place. Thousands of other stars fly away from the other ships to join them.

The heroes remain here to watch the stars fly, and once the last one has stopped moving, Sweetie Belle turns to Kirby, smiling at him. "Let's return to Popstar."

Kirby smiles back at her and nods. "Poyo!"


After the time of mourning comes the time of celebrating, and after this ordeal, everyone needs it, so everyone has been invited, all their friends, the fairies, the robots of Shiver Star, and so on, to participate to the party to end all parties.

Pretty much the celebration post-defeat of Zero Two, exponent ten, spread to the whole planet.

No need to say more.

During the party, the heroes decide to take a rest with Void in the Space Resort, wanting to relax in a good bubble bath while watching space though the glass dome in the roof of the castle-like building after watching some good movies from Shiver Star in the cinema room.

During this, Sweetie Belle approaches Void to talk to him. "Void. There's something I don't understand. Legends say that you created the Four Matters, and I did see that you could create them. But when we were in the void, the Dark Matter was everywhere. I could see that it was entering you, and you used it to create the rest. So I suppose that you didn't really create Dark Matter. So, what is it?"

"The Dark Matter?" asks back Void. "You are right. I didn't create the Dark Matter. In the contrary, the Dark Matter created me. The Dark Matter is the energy of the void, but most of all, it is the Original Energy."

"The Original Energy?"

Void nods. "The multiverse had to start from somewhere, even if it was an infinite number of years ago. The Original Energy is this beginning. It is the energy from which everything comes, and toward which everything ends. The energy of Creation and Destruction. And because of this, it can be shaped into any other energies. Beings like me naturally do that to create universes. It is what makes us Gods. We have infinite power because we have an infinite supply of this energy at our disposition."

Sweetie Belle thinks about this for a moment. "I can use Dark Matter for my attacks. Magolor helped me to learn to use it. But I didn't know that it could be used this way. He never told me."

"He couldn't know. Everyone who knew this either died thousands of years ago of are in this room: me and Galacta. And this is not something you can accidentally discover with practice. This is a knowledge you can only receive from Gods. Or from beings who got it from Gods."

"I see..." says Sweetie Belle as she looks at Kirby napping in the water. "Could... Could I learn to do this?"

"Yes, you can, but why? You don't need to fight anymore."

Sweetie Belle shakes her head. "I still have a promise to keep. I promised Dedede that I would one day defeat Kirby. But this is not for this that I want to learn to shape Dark Matter into other energies, this is to be able to train back home, at Equestria."

Void looks at her questioningly, and Sweetie Belle quickly precises what she means. "Dream Matter, Heart Matter, and Soul Matter don't exist back in Equestria. As soon as I return, I will only be able to use attacks with my magic, meaning that I won't be able to train to become better at using the Matters, excepted Dark Matter. I could remain here, in Popstar, but I already told everypony back home that I would return after defeating you. They already waited long enough."

"I see. I understand. So you have a rivalry with my son? Seeing how you acted together, I thought that he was your boyfriend. Well, one can't prevent the other from happening," says Void with a laugh.

Sweetie's face becomes all red. "He's not my boyfriend! He's just my best friend in this universe! And also my best rival! And don't look at me with those eyes and that little smirk! I don't need a second Rarity!"

"You love him."

"NO!"

"Search your feelings. You know it to be true."

"Hey! Not quoting Star Wars! We barely finished watching it!" She crosses her hooves. "And shouldn't it be more appropriate to use this quote against your son?"

"He's still too innocent to understand what is love. You, however..."

"UGH!"

Broom Sunglasses elbows Kirby, awakening him. "I like your father, Kirby."

"Poyo...?"

Marx laughs before he starts singing. "Can you feel the lo-" Before he could say more, a rising shield sends him through the glass dome. "WORTH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII..." ding


The party continues a few more days before the participants slowly start to return to their home. Hyness having disbanded the Jambastion Religion, they have decided to accept Magolor's offer to go to New Halcandra, followed briefly by Void to help them repair the damage caused by Galacta Knight. Void has taken the occasion to tell Hyness that he doesn't need to continue to seek revenge on the Techno Clan. With everything that happened, the news that the Techno Clan started this drama will rapidly spread to the four corners of the Gamble Galaxy and beyond, and any reputation that their descendants still possess will be lost. They now will be known as "the ones who turned God into a monster", will have to accept it, and will have to work hard to make up for it. It will be a much better punishment for them than annihilation.

One by one, Sweetie Belle says goodbye to her friends as they leave Popstar, until only the ones living on Popstar remain. As soon as Void has come back from New Halcandra, she has started to see him in secret to learn to shape Dark Matter into other energies, starting with other Matters.

Shaping Dark Matter is as hard as Sweetie Belle has expected. It doesn't ask any power, only will, but a lot of will. She has to try for two whole days before succeeding, and only to be able to change a very small amount of Dark Matter. But from here, the training accelerates, and by the next day, she's able to throw a Force Blast without using the Soul Matter in her.

It's the next day that she judges she has gotten good enough to be able to continue without Void's help, meaning that she can finally return to Equestria.

And so, the next day again, Sweetie Belle, Kirby, Void, Dedede, and all her other friends living on Popstar are gathered at the base of Dedede's mountain, in front of the Lor Starcutter who didn't want to leave Sweetie Belle anymore, the ship definitely accepting her as its captain. With the help of Magolor, all the Ancients writing in it has been changed to Sweetie's language, so she will be able to understand whatever appears on the screen in the bridge.

Saying goodbye to her friends one by one, Sweetie Belle hugs Dedede, only to be almost crushed to death against his belly while the penguin is bawling like a baby. "I'll miss you so much!"

"H-h-hey... I will come back in a few months. This is not a definitive goodbye." She gives him a big smile. "Remember, you made me queen of Floralia, so I have to come back."

"I will still miss you. You became a part of this castle."

Sweetie Belle giggles. "I will miss you too. You and Bandana really helped me when I needed it. You..." She wipes a tear from her eyes. "You are pretty much family." She then hugs Bandana. "Same for you. Without you, I don't know what would have happened to me."

"King Dedede would have crushed you."

"Don't remind me..."

Then, finally, she hugs Kirby, and immediately sends a cutter blade at Broom Sunglasses with a flick of her tail. Taken by surprise, Broom Sunglasses quickly lowers himself to avoid it, but still ends up having his hat cut.

"Hey! I didn't say anything!" he yells.

"You were about to!" yells back the filly before giggling. "You know, I will also miss that."

"Yeah, it will be boring without you. Who will I annoy, now?"

"Dedede?"

"True."

Sweetie Belle looks back at Kirby. "I will miss you too, Kirby. We got so much fun together! But wait for me, because I will come back, and this day..." She looks at him with determination. "I will beat you!"

Kirby looks back at her with the same expression before he bumps her hoof, sealing the deal.

With her goodbyes done, she walks toward the Lor and climbs the ramp to the entrance, followed by Spikezilla, back in his Spiky form. At the top of the ramp, Dissy is here, dressed as a sailor. He gives her a salute and says "Welcome aboard, captain!"

She giggles at his act, then looks a last time at her friends to wave goodbye at them before she finally enters. Spiky and Dissy follow her, and the entrance closes before the Lor takes off. The ship then opens a star-shaped portal toward Equestria, and passes it.

PreviousChapters Next