• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 6,647 Views, 2,278 Comments

A Sweetie Dream Land - Lucar



Sweetie Belle finds herself in another world, working for a fat penguin self proclaimed king.

  • ...
8
 2,278
 6,647

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 10: Ripple Fields

The Warp Star left them on a palm tree in Ripple Fields, the third island known for its great lake. The ride on the Warp Star gave everyone time to calm their laugh, although Sweetie still giggled a bit now and then. What she did with Grouiky will be a source of laugh for a long time. She still had a hard time believing she did it.

They jumped from the tree, Coo taking the Waddle Dee coming from behind in his claw only to let him fall in the water a little farther. Kirby flew above the water in question while Rick and Sweetie Belle jumped on blocks to traverse it. Back on ground, they quickly got rid of a Bouncy, then reached another tree. When passing under it, Kirby, who was in the lead, suddenly jumped back at seeing a coconut fall. Sweetie was about to ask why, until she saw the coconut exploding when hitting the floor.

And now explosive coconuts? What next?

She then saw on the tree, and the following ones, what she remembered Waddle Dee had described as Glunks, creatures that looked like sea anemones with a green body and pink tentacle-like 'hair'. They also possessed two big round eyes. Waddle Dee has warned her about these creatures for if she ever go in the water. They couldn't move but they shot water projectiles at regular interval, hurting whoever was hit. These Glunks being on the trees, Sweetie, Kirby and the animals didn't pay attention to them, Coo still making sure to fly under the trees while Sweetie shot the following coconuts in the trees. After a moment, Kirby decided to help her by throwing bombs at some of the coconuts, and also at the Glunk on the ground they crossed at the end of the path. They jumped above a small wall, only to almost get hit by a rock falling on the slope above it. Well, it looked like a square rock, but Sweetie saw the closed eyes on it, proving that it wasn't just a rock, but an actual enemy made of stone named Rocky.

There weren't many Rockys, but Sweetie had seen some on the mountains around the castle. Their real appearance was the one of a generally brown stone on yellow feet without any arms and two eyes. They tended to possess a white and blue headband around their head. At seeing him, Kirby decided to give up the Bomb Ability and ate him, giving him a crown of rock with gems around it on his head, and the Ability to transform into a rock, probably that with all the water around, it could be useful. At the other side of the small slope was another, bigger slope going down, with many Glunks in the way. Kirby used his new Ability and turned into a rock at the top of the slope, sliding all the way down and striking all the Glunks, opening the path. After the slope was another Rocky falling from edge to edge, and Sweetie hit him with her beam, but he barely flinched. Yeah, their defense was solid, it will take more than a hit to knock them down. Rick jumped beside the Rocky and punched him, hurting the Rocky before waving his paw in pain. Punching rock was a bad idea. Sweetie finished the Rocky with another beam, letting them continue.

They reached the top of another slope, and this time, Kirby jumped on Rick. The hamster suddenly turned into a round rock, rolling on the slope and crushing all the minions on it before falling in the water at the bottom, crushing a squid. Still on the slope above, Sweetie saw that there was a door in the water.

"So we continue in the water? I hope we will not drown." she said, worried.

Coo winked at her before jumping in the water without even taking his breath. Didn't he fear to miss air? She then took a big breath, blocked her breathing, and jumped in the water too, the group passing the door. At the other side, they were still under water. Luckily, they weren't far under the surface. Sweetie quickly swam to retake her breath, only for a blade from a Sir Kibble to graze her. She immediately shot him with a beam. Meanwhile, Kirby, not getting back to the surface, used some water jets to beat a Glunk that blocked their way. It surprised Sweetie Belle how she was the only one taking back her breath, the others all remaining underwater.

Raising an eyebrow at that, she returned with them and encountered her first living Blipper. First living because she saw some on Dedede's plates. They were round fishes that were red in the back and orange in the belly... and they wore swimming goggles. She facehoofed at that. Why did a fish wear swimming goggles?! Because they swam? They were fish! They didn't need goggles!

Rick punched the fish aside, and Kirby used his water jet to destroy the blocks blocking the way. Sweetie shot the Glunk on the ceiling above the blocks, and Coo used his claws to knock a second Glunk on the floor under these same blocks. Sweetie quickly reached again the surface with the others, taking back her breath, and Coo destroyed a floating block, lettingan energy drink fall right in Kirby's hand before it reached spikes at the bottom. He drank some of it before giving it to the animals to heal the wounds from the battle with Grouiky, Sweetie not needing it, to her relief. Back in the water, they avoided the projectiles of a Glunk under them, got rid of him, and entered a door below.

They entered a tunnel fully immersed in the water, to Sweetie's horror. She tried to quickly swim through it, hoping to reach the end before she drowned. Not an easy task because of all the Glunks in the way, forcing her to use her beams, helped by Kirby's water jet. They were able to reach another door, leading back to the area under the surface. She got her head out of the water and took a big gulp of air before seeing a floating door above the surface. Coo then took her in his claws to help her pass it, while Kirby inflated to fly through it, and Rick was able to jump into it.

They reached the top of a tall cliff. Before them, another cliff. Between the two cliffs, a Scarfy, and a big hole full of enemies. Diagnostic: they had to jump in the hole, making Sweetie gulp. Coo took her again in his claws and started to fly down, Sweetie shooting the enemies in the way with her horn. Kirby started to fly too, following Coo. As for Rick, without fear, he jumped in the hole, falling right on a block before looking down at where to jump next. Two Waddle Dees with green parasols and a Gordo were following below, making his next jump difficult without taking a hit. Kirby decided to transform into a rock and fell right on one of the Waddle Dees, while Sweetie shot the other, and also the Bouncy on another block under the Gordo. With the path open, Rick jumped, fell around the Gordo, but missed the block, falling directly in the water, getting close to be hit by a Glunk. Kirby, still a rock, fell on another Glunk, and Sweetie shot the one that almost hit the hamster. They then took the door under water to the next area.

Another tunnel under water, this time with pipes creating currents leading right into spikes if they weren't fast. Sweetie would like to ask about the presence of these pipes, but trying to avoid drowning, she had to keep her mouth shut to not let air escape. They quickly passed the currents, avoiding the spikes, and entered another door in the way.

It led to a room, thankfully without water. Before them was a big green jellyfish, and above, a moving bag. It was becoming a habit. The jellyfish remained here for a moment, before skidding across the floor toward them. It then jumped before them, before sparks of electricity got out of its body, electrifying everyone in a shocking surprise for a few seconds. It was followed by it jumping high before shooting a star-shaped projectile at Kirby, who was able to get back from his shock and avoid the projectile before inhaling it. Before he could spit it back, the jellyfish fell back on the floor, producing a shockwave toward them. They were all able to jump above it before Kirby spat back the star at the jellyfish, followed by Sweetie shooting him. The jellyfish jumped again, only for Sweetie to shoot him another time on the head, making it fall on it. Kirby then inhaled it, getting the Spark Ability. It gave him a hat made of blue electricity surrounded by a golden circlet with a gem.

The enemy beaten, Coo took the bag, letting Rick open it to reveal a blue sunfish with a big round mouth that was somehow able to breathe despite the absence of water. The fish then happily jumped on place at being free, before jumping on Rick's paws. Sweetie smiled at seeing a new friend.

"Hello!"

"Hiiii!" says Kirby.

"Coo!"

The fish nodded at them in return.

"Will you help us in our journey, too?" Sweetie Belle asked, the fish answering her with another nod. "Thank you! My name is Sweetie Belle! Do you already know Kirby too?"

Kirby answered for him by saying, "Kine!" while happily jumping. The fish replied by jumping too in Rick's paws.

"So it's Kine. And I don't know if you already know Rick and Coo. Welcome to the team!" Sweetie Belle said.

They then got out of the room by the door, getting back where they came from.

Oh no! I forgot to take my breath! Sweetie Belle then thought in panic, only to discover something in her panic. "Wait..." she then said. "I can breathe underwater?! How is that possible?!"

Kirby, Rick, Coo, and Kine stared at her, before laughing, to her embarrassment. Rick then started to take big breath to show that he could too, followed by Coo and Kirby doing the same, to her amazement. She then placed her hooves on her eyes, not believing it.

"So in this world, we can breathe underwater? That's... great! But so confusing! Urg... This is like the food, the doors, and everything else, I will just stop thinking about it. Although..." She turned to Kine. "Can you use Abilities when Kirby is with you too?"

Kine pondered that for a moment, before he suddenly took Kirby in his mouth, to the puffball's surprise. Not long after, Kirby fully entered the mouth, and out of it came a lightbulb, illuminating the tunnel. Kine then spat the lightbulb, hitting an orange frog that had been swimming toward them, before Kirby got his head out of the fish's mouth.

"Poyo..."

"That's neat!" Sweetie Belle shouted, making Kine happy at her compliment.

Kirby decided to remain in Kine's mouth while underwater, even if it wasn't pleasant. They opened the way, using the lightbulbs to beat all the enemies they crossed while the others follow them. Kine being a fish, he also had less problems swimming against the current, which could reveal being useful. After a moment of passing currents, fishes, frogs, and Glunks, they reached the next door, leading to a dark area.

Kine used the lightbulb to light it, so everyone could better see where they went. It turned out that they were in a small pocket of water at the start of a tunnel. So they got out, Kirby remaining in Kine's mouth so he could still use the lightbulb to light the way. Kine could jump on the floor outside of the water, but Rick decided to take him in his paws to help him. They did well, because they saw a door that they wouldn't have been able to see in the dark. However, taking it, they saw that it only led in a small room with some water without any exit. Returning back, they continued their way.

"You know..." Sweetie Belle then said to Kirby. "I wouldn't be surprised if the Rainbow Drop is behind a door like that in the dark. You should try to keep this Ability just in case."

Kirby looked at her from Kine's mouth and nodded.

In the way, they encountered a new enemy, which was a Sparky. A green creature that looked like a tear drop with two yellow orbs of electricity at the top, and two eyes. After him, they found more water, and a door leading outside, under the surface.

Barely escaping the charge of a Flamer and the jump of a frog, they got out of the water back on ground, Sweetie shooting a coconut in a tree just before them. It was followed by more enemies, and more jumps on small pillars of ground outside of the water, until reaching the next door.

They appeared back under water close to the surface, continuing their way. Kine swam underwater with Kirby, shocking all fishes, squids and frogs they crossed, while Coo took Sweetie and started to fly above the surface, just in case, Sweetie shooting the enemies in her sight. For more efficiency, Rick jumped on one of the pillars of ground and jumped from platform to platform, knocking down all the enemies that weren't shot by the filly. At the end, there was another door.

Another Flamer avoided, they encountered some sort of blue eels with light blue underbelly coming out of pipes. Avoiding them, they reached a hole in the way. Jumping in it, they fell in water again. Finding nothing after destroying some blocks, they eventually found a door that only Kine could reach because of the strong currents. However, clinging to Kine, they were all able to reach it, entering a dark room. Illuminating it, they found a secret door, and took it.

They ended up in another room with familiar walls. Jumping on some steps, they reached a few blocks that were different from the normal ones, making Sweetie smile at recognising where they were. They looked to be made of iron. But...

"What? We need another Ability to destroy them?" she whined at seeing they made all this way only to get out empty hooved.

"Poyo..."

Well, nothing to do here for now. They got out and got back on the surface with all the eels, continuing their way, until they encountered a Rocky. Kine looked at him, thought for a moment, and a lightbulb appeared in his mouth before disappearing. He then pointed one of his fins at the Rocky, trying to say something to Kirby. The puffball understood, gave up the Spark Ability, and ate the Rocky to get the Stone. Kine then quickly jumped back with Kirby in the earlier hole, leaving behind Sweetie, Rick and Coo.

"You think it his the right Ability ?" Sweetie Belle asked to the animals. They answered with a shrug.

Before long, Kine and Kirby came back, Kirby's big smile telling everything they needed to know.

"So this makes three?" He nodded. "Yay!" Sweetie and the animals jumped in joy at finding another Rainbow Drop, Sweetie hugging Kine who passed from blue to red.

After this little victory, they resumed their way, reaching a new door. The other side revealed to be a VERY long submerged tunnel full of currents and frogs. Letting themselves carried by the currents, they only had to watch out for the frogs. Sadly, Kirby's Rock Ability was not very effective in this area, because there were some frogs coming from above them. So Sweetie and Rick were the ones leading the group, followed by Coo, then by Kine with Kirby inside his mouth. In the way, they found a bottle of energy drink, and Sweetie took it with her, planning to drink it with the others once there were no more currents. After a time, they finally reached the door, only for Sweetie to wonder how they will be able to drink the bottle underwater.

Kirby then looked at her with an arched eyebrow, and Sweetie understood what he meant. She sighed, seeing no other way, blushing.

"Alright... Take it and... do it."

She gave the bottle to Kirby, who ate it. Then he quickly got out of Kine and did a mouth to mouth with her, giving her some of the drink. He did the same with Rick and Coo, who weren't as embarrassed as Sweetie who hid her red face behind both her hooves and her tail.


They arrived in a big submerged tunnel, finding before them a giant angler fish three to four times Kirby's size. It was brown with a glowing yellow lure, darker yellow fins, and many sharp teeth. It could gobble them in one go! There were also yellow one eyed starfishes rolling on the walls of the tunnel, and squids floating around.

The fish then started to fire arrow-shaped lasers from its lure at them, the squids started to swim to reach them, and the starfishes jumped from the walls, floating toward them while spinning on themselves.

"Emergency dispersion!" Sweetie Belle shouted, causing the whole group to separate to not be hit by any of the enemies. Coo, however, still got scratched in his right wing, and Sweetie got a cut on her left cheek. Kine, Kirby still in his mouth, quickly got above the fish and Kirby turned into stone inside him, hitting the big fish right on the head, three starfishes started turning above its head while its eyes got all googly. Kine quickly swam away.

The fish then started to fire sparks and arrows everywhere in the tunnel in a wild attempt to hit them despite its eyes looking in two directions at the same time. Many of them hit nothing or the fish's minions, but one of them managed to hit Rick in the belly and Sweetie Belle was barely able to avoid one by spreading her legs at the last moment, the projectile passing under her belly. Sweetie shot back some beams with her horns at the fish, one of them hitting it in its mouth. Too bad they didn't have bombs!

Coo swam toward the fish, clung himself on its head with his claw, and started to poke it at the left eye, making it trash around violently. The fish then charged in hope of getting rid of the owl, barely missing Kine and Sweetie, before hitting the wall, Coo getting out of the way just before and a starfish getting crushed.

The fish turned back toward them, very angry, its left eye closed. It then charged again at them, mouth wide open, to Sweetie's horror. Coo was the unlucky one being targeted, and the poor owl found himself trying to swim away to not get eaten alive. But birds were not made to swim!

He was saved by Sweetie hitting the fish's right cheek with a beam, getting its attention. The fish charged at her.

"Horseappeeeeeuuuuuule!!!" she screamed as she now tried to not get eaten. The fish was almost at her, until Kine fell on its head with a stone-shaped belly. It didn't stop it, but the sudden weight forced its head to face down, the lure hitting Sweetie, who then clung to it. The fish got rid of Kine with one good swing of its head, unknowingly getting Sweetie to be carried around by the lure getting wild. In panic, she shot the fish in the right eye.

Bad idea...

It caused the fish to heavily swing its head back in pain, carrying the lure and Sweetie still on it. Then with her weight, the lure swung back right in the fish's mouth, getting the filly stuck inside as the fish closed its mouth, accidentally biting its lure. Its eyes opened back because of the sudden pain, and twitched, the fish becoming immobile. With the lure inside its mouth, its inside could be seen being illuminated, some light escaping from the mouth.

With the fish immobilised, the animals swam toward it in hope of saving Sweetie Belle, Kine in head. But then...

A small explosion was suddenly heard from inside the fish, then another, and another. As the fish restarted to move around, more explosions were heard inside. The fish collided with a wall, then charged at another, before finally releasing the lure, and Sweetie Belle with it. She fired another beam in the mouth before getting out of range of the inside. She then screamed, "And don't try to eat me again!" while releasing the lure.

Before the fish could do anything, it took another hit from stone Kirby inside of Kine. It seemed to be the final straw, because the fish's eyes finally closed, and it started to fall toward the bottom of the tunnel, upside down, not moving anymore.

Sweetie looked at it for a few moment with angry eyes. Kirby approached her to see if she was alright, when she suddenly hugged him. Then, he could hear her starting to cry.

"I... I really though that I would get eaten...Sniff I was so scared... I... Sniff I... Sniff I wanna see my mommyyy!"

Kirby hugged her back, patting her on the back, rubbing his head against her. Rick, Coo and Kine joined the hug too, being here for her.


While they were flying above the Rainbow Islands on the Warp Star, Kirby looked behind him at Sweetie Belle in worry. The filly, while clinging to the Warp Star to not fall, was currently pressed against Rick, the hamster giving her comfort. Coo was at her other side, his wing wrapped around her. Kine sadly couldn't do much, beside being close. He had forgotten that the filly was just, well, a filly. A child. He was young too, but he always knew how to live by himself, facing danger head on without fear, not being bothered by things like almost getting killed in battle. But Sweetie Belle hadn't. Apparently, she came from another world, living what anyone would consider a normal life, with a family, friends, a home, safety. But now, here she was, by herself, forced into a life-risking adventure, and just lived her real first near death experience.

Thankfully, he, Rick, Coo, and Kine were here for her. Dedede too apparently, taking care of her in his castle. But right now, he was seemingly sleepwalking and scheming evil plans while sleeping. And he was not sure that treating her like a potential living weapon to fight him counted. A part of Dedede's army seemed to truly care for her, too bad they were actually forced to fight her. Why didn't they rebel? He will probably never know the answer. Or maybe it was just blind loyalty, or because Dedede was strong... Whatever. In the absence of Dedede and his army, they will watch over Sweetie Belle and make sure that nothing happened to her. And he had an idea... Hopefully, it will work as he thought.

He took a detour to let the memories of the event pass, but now, they were starting to approach the fourth island: Iceberg.

Author's Note:

:pinkiesad2:
It killed me inside to write about Sweetie crying, but she needs those moments.

PreviousChapters Next