• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 6,646 Views, 2,278 Comments

A Sweetie Dream Land - Lucar



Sweetie Belle finds herself in another world, working for a fat penguin self proclaimed king.

  • ...
8
 2,278
 6,646

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 100: The Cosmic Jester: Marx

"So, Marx has really been corrupted too," says Sweetie Belle with a sigh.

"Talk about bad luck," says Taranza.

It's a few minutes after the end of the fight. Daroach has turned back to normal everyone that has been turned into golden statues, then has freed the Squeaks that were under his control. The Squeakers have immediately been sent to search some food to heal everyone while Dark Meta Knight, who has been given a friend heart, is telling everyone what happened with Marx.

Short story: Marx got corrupted too. The both of them fought, Dark Meta Knight starting the fight, and Marx won.

Dark Meta Knight crosses his arms. "I can't believe that even with this power up given by that dark heart, I wasn't able to defeat him."

"Since he's corrupted by a dark heart, he got a power up too," explains Sweetie Belle. "He's already powerful. I can't imagine how he is now."

"He must be close to Master Crowned Magolor," says Yin-Yarn.

"Before or after he gets possessed by the crown?" asks Adeleine.

"Uh..."

"I would say after," answers Sweetie Belle. "Before, Master Crowned Magolor's power and Marx's power were really close. Well, Marx couldn't do that shield, and open portals, so I would say that Marx was a little less powerful, but they had very similar attacks, like the black hole. So, now that Marx is powered by a dark heart..."

"And now, that corrupted overpowered mad jester is in the wild in Dreamland," says Daroach.

...

...

"We should go right now," says Sweetie Belle.

They all nod.

"Will you join us?" asks Ribbon to Daroach and Dark Meta Knight.

"I'm no hero, but I still owe you for helping me getting the medals... and for saving us just now, so I accept," says Daroach. "And it may be the occasion for me to find new treasures." He turns to Doc, Storo, and Spinni. "We will use the Unisqueak to go to Dreamland. Then, you three will return it to the hideout and repair it."

"Squeak!"

"I refuse," then says Dark Meta Knight, gaining the attention of everyone.

Sweetie Belle tilts her head in confusion. "Don't you want to get your revenge on Marx and whoever caused those hearts to fall on Popstar?"

After a few seconds of silence, Dark Meta Knight answers with a "Yes."

"Then come with us. Alone, you won't be able to do anything, but with our help, you will finally be able to defeat Marx," says Adeleine.

Sweetie Belle nods. "With teamwork, you can succeed where you failed before."

Dark Meta Knight growls, but as much as he hates the idea of joining a team, preferring to remain alone to deal with problems, he knows that they're right. He lost to Marx even with the power up he got from the dark heart (Marx getting a power up too didn't help), so now that he doesn't have this power up anymore, there's no way for him to win. At least, not alone. Teaming with Sweetie and the others will be the only occasion for him to FINALLY get back at Marx for being so. Freaking! ANNOYING! Also, whatever is at the origin of those hearts, if he could find a way to get that power without that whole corrupting side effect... "Very well," he finally answers.

"Yay!"

With this settled, the heroes, with Daroach and Dark Meta Knight who have now joined their ranks, exit the hideout by the same passage Sweetie and the others took to enter it to embark on the Unisqueak which landed here earlier once Sweetie Belle gave the Squeakers the green light. But before they embark, they stop to look at something that wasn't there before, far in the horizon.

A giant structure with a bottom that looks like the end of a giant double edged sword with a huge emerald inlaid in the center. Its shape actually looks more like a giant shovel fused with an anchor with sharp claws holding it from behind. Above it is a giant red eye below four horns and between bat wings that are in a position similar to Star Dream's wings when deployed. Behind the eye, wings, and horns, a huge structure can be seen with at the top, all around it, a ring of black-red chains. Also, floating above an orange light at the top is an octahedron. Not sure why. Under the level of the red eye, all around the structure, floats a huge metal ring with blue fire all around at the top. Red glowing octahedrons also surround that ring, trapped inside metallic cages of the same shape.

The space fortress, like Dedede said.

"And so, we don't go to deal with the obviously evil fortress from space?" asks Daroach.

"Kirby, Dedede, Bandana Dee, Meta Knight, and some others are already in the case, don't worry," answers Sweetie Belle. "Us, meanwhile, we must deal with Marx and save Dreamland from whatever he's now doing."

Daroach gives a shrug. "Alright, then, all aboard the Unisqueak! Direction: Dreamland!" He then looks at the girls and gives a bow while waving at the entrance of the airship. "Ladies first."

Said ladies roll their eyes, some of them giggling, before they enter Unisqueak along with the others.

"I don't know which I prefer. Attacking this fortress, or fighting the god-like nightmarishly crazy jester," comments Yin-Yarn.

"At least, with the jester, we know what we're up against," says Adeleine.

"And we don't know what's in this fortress," continues Claycia.

"Yes, as we talk, Kirby and the others may be dealing with something far worse than Marx," says Ribbon.


"Now Ah'm curious to see what's going on with Kirby inside that fortress," says Applejack as the ponies and the dragon are eating their lunch.

Discord looks briefly through a small portal above his paw before answering "Nothing much. They're breaking the ice with some blue-haired axe-wearing mage girl."

"Ooh! They're fighting an ice mage?" asks Pinkie with a snicker. "She must have some very cool attacks!"

"Yes, but she's giving them the cold shoulder."

"Maybe if they give her some ice cream, she will be their friend."

"Please! Stop with the puns!" shouts Twilight with a groan.

"They are really ice," says then a voice with a chuckle. Its origin, Princess Celestia herself, enters the room along with Princess Luna.

Despite some of them internally groaning at Celestia participating, the surprise of seeing her and her sister coming leads the ponies to look at them wide eyed before bowing.

"Princess Celestia?! Princess Luna?" asks Twilight.

"Rise, my little ponies. We received a letter from Discord telling us about Sweetie Belle going on a new adventure, and we decided to come."

"I thought they would like watching her again," specifies Discord.

"And it gives us an excuse to take some good time away from the nobles," says Luna.

"Luna also can't wait to see more action. After that battle against Star Dream, she was like a filly," says Celestia with a giggle. "I would even say that Luna is now Sweetie Belle's biggest fan."

"She's a filly who piloted a space battleship to destroy a planet-sized robot with powers that could distort space-time! She gained ALL my respect!"

"She has some competition," says Rainbow Dash. "Scootaloo and Apple Bloom aren't better. Too bad they're in school right now."

Luna clears her throat to stop their conversation. "Anyway, what is going on this time?"

"We aren't totally sure. All we know now is that purple hearts fell from space all over Popstar corrupting most of Sweetie's friends, so Sweetie Belle has to fight them while Kirby is searching for the origin of those hearts," answers Rarity.

"And right now, Sweetie Belle is about to go fight Marx while Kirby is attacking a giant space fortress that landed on Popstar not long ago," continues Spike.

"To be more specific, Kirby is fighting a mage specialised in ice magic," says Pinkie.

"Thus, the ice puns from earlier," says Starlight.

"Marx, this is the jester with powers close to the ones of an alicorn if i remember correctly," says Luna.

"Eeyup," confirms Applejack. "And he got a power up too. Those dark hearts give one to anyone corrupted by them."

"Pretty much like the Alicorn Amulet," says Rainbow.

"This promises to be interesting."

"It will be... Buuuut we should get the more sensitives out of the room... Some of Marx' attacks can be really disturbing," proposes Discord.

At this, many eyes turn to Fluttershy who hides herself behind her mane. "Do-don't worry for me. I can handle whatever he will use. It won't be worse than Zero Two."

"True... If worst comes to worst, I will put a blindfold on your eyes."

Meanwhile, the Unisqueak lands on the coast of Dreamland, and Sweetie and her friends disembark before the blimp takes off and returns to the Squeaks' hideout with the heroes waving goodbye at it. After a few seconds, they look around, spotting a few landmarks, like Dedede's castle at the top of a mountain, or the Dreamstalk, but they don't see Marx, or any sign of him, anywhere.

"Where do we go?" asks Elline.

"Marx could be anywhere..." says Daroach.

"At least, he's not anywhere close, or we would hear explosions and screams," says Yin-Yarn. "Even the castle hasn't been attacked yet."

"Maybe he's at the opposite side of Dreamland," proposes Taranza.

"He would be more south," says Dark Meta Knight. "When we fought, we were near the ocean, closer to the Halberd's hangar. He probably moved elsewhere since then, but we should search here first."

Sweetie Belle looks at him worriedly. "Near the hangar of the Halberd? He's probably attacking it now, we must hurry! Let's use the star!"

"The Warp Star?" asks Daroach. "It's too small for all of us."

"No, not the Warp Star. Remember the pink heart we gave? Remember the energy you felt when it entered you? Then focus on it, and you will see. You too, Dark Meta Knight."

"Pink heart?" asks Luna.

"Oh right, we forgot to mention them," says Spike.

While Twilight explains the pink hearts and their powers, Sweetie Belle and her friends create one of those winged stars that they use to fly all the way to the hangar. As they approach it, they can hear explosions, and every now and then, a laser comes out of the hangar. Many unconscious Meta Knights are present all over the exterior, and no doubt that more of them are present inside, or still fighting.

But then, in a huge explosion, coming out of a wall, appears Marx, the jester dodging some beams from Laser Balls (the orange living balls that can fire lasers) before teleporting a few times around them to confuse them. Once the Laser Balls are confused, Marx lands on one of the balls and walks on it to make it roll in the air before kicking it at the other ball. Marx then fires two lasers from his eyes, hitting the two balls who fall in the ocean around the hangar.

Once the balls disappear in the water, Marx then spots the approaching heroes and turns toward them, facing them with his two big eyes that are so big that they poke out of his head like two white spheres with very small red pupils, his wide, maniacal, two-fanged smile, and his laugh. "He he he he he!"

The Cosmic Jester
Marx

"Oh yes... This form he took when fighting Sectonia... I really wouldn't want to meet him in the dark," says Rarity.

"He is usually so adorable..." says Fluttershy.

"For a jester, he doesn't look funny at all," says Pinkie

"He looks more like a psychopath," says Rainbow Dash.

Marx teleports in front of the heroes, and Sweetie Belle immediately starts shooting projectiles from the star at him. Not minding the projectiles, Marx lowers his head so his hat faces the heroes, and the hat straightens, the pom-poms turning into balls of sharp needles, before he charges at them. Despite the surprise of this new attack, Sweetie Belle is able to move the star and avoid him, only for Marx to teleport not far to her right to charge at them again. Sweetie has to dodge this charge coming from different directions a few more times, barely able to attack in return, before Marx decides to stop and he reappears in front of her.

With a snap, his body then separates in two before disappearing, a black hole appearing in his place that forces Sweetie to quickly move far to the left to avoid it.

A shiver traverses everypony at seeing Marx' body separates like that, but they aren't surprised, having already seen this attack back in the fight against Sectonia. But it's still disturbing. Really disturbing. Especially the snap. The only ones surprised by this are Celestia and Luna, who haven't seen it before, and they look with wide eyes as Marx creates a few more black holes on the way of the winged star, forcing Sweetie Belle to maneuver with high precision between them.

Because of Marx' teleporting, high agility, and speed, and because he's not stupid, the jester remains in front of the winged star as little as possible, prefering to attack from the sides with various attacks consisting of lasers, energy arrows, and charges, where Sweetie Belle can't attack him directly without having to turn. The filly then takes a surprising decision as she looks at her friends behind her with a nod that they return.

The next instant, from the winged star with seventeen heroes comes a second winged star, and the team separates into two teams, and those two teams separate into two more teams, for a total of four teams, one of five heroes, and three of four heroes, all flying with a winged star.

And so, with four teams, it's harder for Marx to find an angle to attack without getting attacked in return, and after one more minute, the jester, to everyone's surprise, decides to escape. The heroes immediately chase him until he disappears inside a cave too small for them to fly in with the stars, which forces them to land.

They enter the cave, passing a black door to an underground area where they can't see Marx anywhere. Thinking that the jester is further ahead, they start running, only for a big shadow to appear in the ground at Sweetie Belle's hooves. She spotted it, and remembering what it is, she quickly jumps and rolls forward just before Marx charges out of the shadow, but before any of the heroes can do anything to him, the jester disappears in the ceiling of the cave. Another shadow appears then in the wall of the cave at their left, and out of it comes Marx' left wing that turns into veins spreading in front of the shadow. Once the veins disappear, the shadow disappears too, and another appears on the wall further in front of the group. Out of it comes one of Marx' wings again, but this time, like the fin of a shark, it comes at them with the clear intention of beheading some of them.

Understanding that this cave is a trap and that they won't be able to defeat Marx without causing a cave in, the heroes start running to get out of here, Marx not stopping his attacks all the way to the exit. The heroes pass the black door at the end of the cave and appear in a smaller cave where they have to climb a ladder to get out and reach the surface. They are quickly followed by Marx who turns to look and laugh at them before flying away. Again, the heroes give chase through the plains of Dreamland.

But again, Marx seems to continue simply playing with them, remaining at a respectable distance while spamming his huge laser that he spits. When one of the heroes decide to come directly at him by flying, Marx immediately teleports away to keep his distance. In the end, the only things reaching him are projectiles, and again, he easily dodges most of them.

The chase lasted for a few minutes before Taranza gets an idea and whispers it to Sweetie Belle. With a smirk, the filly nods at him before she points at all her friends who can fly accepted Taranza to come with her. After this, she levitates herself toward Marx, followed by the friends she designed, and together, they start to constantly attack Marx, not leaving him even one second. If he teleports, then they just spot where he appears and immediately join him. Marx continues trying to escape, teleporting away again and again until, suddenly, the remaining friends who couldn't fly and Taranza come from behind, forming a wheel, and ram the jesting on the back with a jump. Marx ends up flattened on the ground under the wheel of friends, where he comically floats up like a leave, only for the wheel to come and roll on him again, and again, and again.

This stops when Marx, still looking like a flattened pancake, suddenly spits another laser directly at the ground under him, propelling himself into the sky out of the way of the wheel of friends who instead roll right in the laser, getting badly hurt.

At this moment, a purple aura appears around Marx, and his whole body disappears in a purple cloud. The cloud doubles in size before it suddenly explodes just as two wings, two arms, and two legs come out of it.

Now with a pale body double his original size, Marx slowly lands on the ground, on his two new long bony legs, with claws poking out of his destroyed shoes. With his bloody red eyes, he looks at one of his new arms, long and bony as well, flexing his claws a couple of times to get the feeling of them. Finishing with this test, he looks back at the heroes, his smile, now fanged like a shark, becoming even wider, almost splitting his face with it. Somehow, his bow under his jaw has been replaced by a purple crystal-like heart necklace, and his hat is now divided into four parts instead of two: two white with purple hearts, and two blacks with red eyes. His wings are now the same color than the Master Crown in its final form, and hexagons are now all white, except the ones at the extremities that are red.

His mouth then opens, letting out a long snake-like tongue with a heart-shaped arrow-like extremity.

"He he he he he... He he hehe... Heee hahaha! GYAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! GYYYHAHEHAHEHAHEHAHEHAHEHAAA!!!!!"

The heroes step back in fear as they look at this... horror... as he continues to give the craziest maniacal laugh of history.

It's not a jester anymore.

It's not a bat.

It's a demon.

"It seems like we came just in time to witness a horror show," comments Celestia.

Luna looks at the ponies huddled together in fright and sighs. "And I will have more work tonight..."

At this instant, as Sweetie and others recover from this horrible transformation and horrible laugh and start attacking, Marx takes off, hovers a dozen meters above the heroes, and spreads his arms, dozens of balls appearing in the sky above him. The balls then start dropping, exploding upon contact, forcing the heroes to run around to avoid them. Once finished with this attack, Marx lands in the middle of the group upside down on his hat, the four parts of the hat acting like legs. To everyone's disgust, he then grabbed his eyes from their eye-sockets, spreads his arms until they are parallel to the ground, and starts spinning like a top while the eyes fire each a continuous laser. This takes everyone by surprise, and nobody expected Coo and Pitch is spared by those lasers as a result, but after the first hit, everybody quickly lowers themselves against the ground or floats/flies away to avoid getting hit again.

After a dozen turns, Marx suddenly bounces and lands in front of Sweetie Belle, arms crossed, the eyes becoming like daggers. He then gives a cross-slash at her, but the filly jumps back to avoid the attack, only for Marx to throw one of the dagger-eyes at her, and the other at Dark Meta Knight approaching from behind. Sweetie Belle simply protects herself from the dagger with a shield while Dark Meta Knight cuts the other one. The two daggers, or what remain, then disappear, and new eyes grow at their place.

Dark Meta Knight reaches the demonic jester and slashes at his back before flying up to avoid a swing from one of Marx' arms. But as the knight attacks again, Marx intercepts and stops the sword with his bare hand before grabbing him in the other hand and using him as a shield to protect himself from various projectiles from the other heroes. The arm holding Dark Meta Knight is eventually cut by one of Sweetie Belle's beam swords, saving him before she uses her magic to levitate him away while she attacks.

Marx' arm quickly regrows in a purple smoke while he bend his legs to move his body and avoid most of Sweetie's attacks. He also tries to claw her in return, along with using eye lasers and spitting ice balls, but the filly has no problems blocking or avoiding all those attacks. The other heroes quickly join her to attack Marx, and seeing the number of hit he's getting multiply, the jester teleports around a few times before trying to impale Adeleine with his tongue.

The girl is barely saved by Gooey pushing her out of the way with his own tongue before he throws a bomb at the jester, only for him to teleport again, this time flying straight above some of the heroes while throwing cutter blades. He's stopped by Sweetie Belle creating a shield on his path, giving the opportunity for Daroach to fire an ice beam at him, but Marx teleports again before he's hit.

Marx reappears again in the air, far away enough of the heroes to be able to face all of them before he fires the claws of his wings like homing missiles. Daroach teleports again along with Taranza, respectively at Marx' left and right, before they both punch him on the cheeks. Marx recovers quickly from the punches and tries to grab the two of them, but they both teleport away before Marx feels something wrapping around one of his legs. The next instant, he's pulled down toward the ground by Gooey's tongue in his Dark Matter-like form, where he's met by Yin-Yarn in an octopus form. With his eight tentacles, he gives him a storm of punches until Marx is able to counter with his own hands, feet, and even the hat. As the two are locked in a violent clash, Marx suddenly uses his tongue and wraps it around one of the tentacles before he throws Yin-Yarn right at Gooey who's still close. Marx then quickly teleports before he's hit by a charged beam from Sweetie Belle.

When he appears in the sky again, Marx starts randomly flying around while juggling with balls that he has materialized, all of them coated in an element. Every now and then, he lets one of the balls drop on the heroes, the balls creating an explosion of the corresponding element upon contact. While juggling, Marx's eyes start growing, turning into big red balls with many pupils appearing all over them. However, before they start firing lasers all over the place as Sweetie Belle has been waiting, the eyes drop from their sockets into Marx' hands, and he starts juggling with them as if they're balls, and it's only then that they start firing lasers, the juggling making them more unpredictable and hard to avoid.

The eyes eventually return to their sockets before one of the balls, coated in fire, grows to giant proportions. When Marx drops it on the ground, it doesn't explode, and instead, the jested lands on it and makes it roll around to crush the heroes, the ball leaving a trail of fire wherever it passes. Thinking for a few seconds, Sweetie Belle coats Dark Meta Knight's sword in water. The knight thanks her with a nod before he throws the sword at the ball which explodes as a result, leaving Marx stunned and vulnerable to a general assault.

Marx recovers in a few seconds and immediately splits his body in half to create a black hole, forcing everyone to quickly run or fly away to not be sucked in it. As Sweetie is busy running away from the black hole, Marx suddenly appears above her, upside down, with his hat started to spin like a saw before he drops on her with the clair attempt to cut her into shreds. Sweetie Belle quickly counters it by doing the same with four of her beam swords before she uses others to attack him until Marx stops his attempt and teleports away.

When he appears, he's almost immediately grabbed by the legs by Spikezilla who slams him on the ground before he jumps and drops on him elbow first. Marx, however, quickly recovers from this and sinks in the ground, to Spikezilla's confusion.

A shadow eventually appears near him, and out of it comes one of Marx' claws. Dark Meta Knight saves the dragon in time by parrying it, and the claw returns in the ground to reappear elsewhere. The claw successively attacks Nago, Claycia, and Daroach, before it stops coming out. In its place, Marx' tongue comes out and wraps itself around Ribbon before it starts dragging her toward a big fanged jaw that has appeared in the ground. Dark Meta Knight cuts the tongue before the worst happens. The claw comes out again to attack him as a result, but this time, Sweetie is able to cut it too with her beam sword.

Having enough, Marx comes out of the ground and immediately fires a storm of arrows at the sky. Instead of disappearing, the arrows rain all around him, and the only heroes able to escape them are the ones who can teleport. Badly hurt, Sweetie and others don't stop attacking Marx in return.

From there, Marx randomly teleports around while firing the claws of his wings again, then suddenly extend one of his arms to try to impale Taranza who quickly teleports to avoid this fate before counterattacking with a giant energy ball that misses. Pitch pecking Marx' eyes doesn't miss however, but after a quick yell of pain, Marx grabs the bird and starts trying to tear his wings, but is stopped by a big ice hammer materialized by Sweetie Belle dropping on him, getting him to release his victim.

Marx restarts teleporting randomly. One time, he appears behind someone to claw them, another time, he appears ten meters away to spit his giant laser. Things get even more hectic when Marx starts doing somersaults and other random acrobatic figures to become even more unpredictable between attacks, turning the fight into a chaotic one where the heroes don't know where to attack anymore, even if they still manage to hit him a lot. As a result of Marx using so much of his power, like in his fight against Sweetie Belle and Kirby, the world around them shift between different colors.

One by one, the heroes fall, but Marx himself is reaching his limit, visible with his legs shaking briefly after getting hit by a bomb from Gooey.

This moment is all it takes for the battle to turn completely at the heroes' advantage when a yarn suddenly wraps around his legs to everyone's surprise. Prince Fluff has joined the battle, and using the yarn, slams Marx a couple of times on the ground before he throws him at Sweetie Belle. The filly quickly reacts, lets Marx pass beside her, and punches him to the sky where he's intercepted by Dark Meta Knight charging and slashing at him from all directions for a few seconds. He finishes this attack by impaling Marx with a giant sword coming out of a mirror.

Marx' body starts shaking and twisting as the area flashes.

And finally...

"EEEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

In the most horrible, ear-piercing scream ever, his body starts bouncing around with small explosions of purple smoke, each explosion causing one of his limbs to break off, arms, legs, wings, until his own body explodes in a huge purple cloud.

Marx, back to normal, drops out of the cloud, unconscious, the dark heart dropping beside him before taking off. The limbs that broke off disintegrate into purple particles disappearing in the air.

Sweetie Belle takes back her breath and looks at Prince Fluff with a big smile. "Thank you Fluff!"

Fluff rubs the back of his head, blushing. "You're welcome."

"Why are you here?" asks Yin-Yarn who uses the needles as canes to support himself. "Thanks for the help, but we didn't think that we would see you."

Before answering, Fluff looks around at the various unconscious and badly hurt heroes. "Short story, Patch Land is attacked, and I searched for help. How about we help your friends first before I tell the long story?"

"Coo..." agrees Coo with a nod as he rubs a bad injury caused by one of Marx' claws.

"And let's not forget Marx," says Sweetie Belle.

And so, while the heroes still conscious gather food to heal everyone, Sweetie Belle gives a pink heart to Marx, healing him, before she explains to him what's going on. While this happens, they can see, in the distance, the space fortress starting to crumble. sweetie Belle will have to call Dedede again to ask what happened and if he and the others have any news.

Once everyone is healed, Fluff finally explains what's going on.

"The Neo HWC is attacking Patch Land."

"Aw drat, here we go again..."

Author's Note:

Thanks The Kelduo for the drawing of Marx' form in the second phase.

PreviousChapters Next