• Published 12th Mar 2019
  • 966 Views, 21 Comments

The Gift Of Gab - Devious Dazzle



Finding yourself transformed into a Equestria Girls version of Gabby Griffin is hard enough, but mixing in magic and a delivery job is just asking for trouble.

  • ...
3
 21
 966

Ruffled Feathers

“You're too soft!” Dad's voice called out to me from the empty abyss.

“Chosen…” A faint feminine voice spoke up from behind me.

“A plain and simple nothing!” The voices were everywhere yet nowhere.

“Am I dead!?” I screamed out in a deep pit of despair, tears welling up in the corners of my eyes.

A flash of light bringing that woman into view, she stood over me so tall and mysterious. Reminding me just how small and weak I now felt, her lips curving into a genuine gentle smile as my heart began to calm.

“You're such a spaz!” She spoke in a taunting voice suddenly, everything around me blacking out once more.


“A spaz?” I gave a tiny squeak aloud, my pale blue eyes gazing towards the cloudless clear sky above in confusion.

“Yeah, you were skating then just wiped out suddenly!” A tall girl suddenly towered over my view with a taunting smirk, her eyes a vibrant and glowing golden hue.

Her hair short in style with a snow white hue, except for the streak of pink across her bangs. Her hair seemed to share the matching texture of mine, though her skin was flawless and a smooth cream color. She wore dirty brown boots with extremely tight beige jeans, her midriff completely shown wearing just a simple white baby tee.

She seemed so strange yet familiar?

“Wiped out?” I slowly sat up slumped over weakly, gazing down to see myself wearing a cute pair of grey cargo jeans and only one rollerblade on my left foot.

My oversized shirt gone, replaced by a baggy grey hoodie that was covered in debris and ripped across the front in various places.

“What are you stuck on repeat or somethin’!?” The girl placed her hands on her hips annoyed, her stance becoming more stern and cold.

“Gilda!?” The memory of this girl hit me like a ton of bricks, she was a Equestria Girls version of Gilda the Griffin.

My eyes glanced towards my tiny grey hands covered in scratches, that would mean I was…

“Gabby, get off the ground!” Gilda shook her head softly, her strong grip grabbing the back of my neck before lifting me to my feet with ease.

I had somehow transformed into Gabby Griffin or at least a version of her. I wanted to run for the hills, but knew if I didn't play this smooth, I could risk causing more trouble for myself.

I just needed to stay calm.

“Wow, you look like, I beat you up!” Gilda slapped my backside extra hard, my tiny body slouched over as I stood in a completely ruined outfit.

“I just want to go home…” I spoke in a deflated tone, taking a step forward only to go slipping back to the ground with a loud thud.

I had forgotten about the rollerblade.

Gilda sighed with a roll of the eyes, kneeling down in front of me before gently yanking off my busted skate. To my surprise she wrapped my arm around her neck, lifting me up with extreme ease as she soon began to help me walk off the grass and down the sidewalk.

“C'mon sis, let's get you home.” Gilda grumbled in a grumpy tone, my eyes glancing up towards her with a touched look upon my face.

I had a sister.


Gilda was nothing like I had expected, sure she spoke with a bit of an attitude and had a stern air of seriousness around her. But her touch was beyond gentle as she helped walk me home, which I was thankful for, because I had no idea where I was. This place was so bright and lush, the sun shining in the sky as the grass glowed a healthy green, covered in a rainbow variety of flowers.

This was a far cry from the city, honestly it was a place I thought, I could get used to. Gilda chatted about me being clumsy, that in the family she got all the grace. Those golden eyes looking down to me curiously, I had not said a word since we started walking.

I was in awe of my surroundings and perhaps a bit in shock about the whole becoming a thirteen year old girl thing. My new sister slumped me up against a old oak tree under cooling shade, crossing her arms across her chest with narrowed eyes.

“Ok kid, you've not said a word! Tell me what's on that klutzy mind of yours?” My sister extended a thin finger sharply, poking my shoulder hard.

“Nothing's wrong, do I seem different?” I quickly shifted my eyes side to side nervously.

“Well Gabby, you're usually more gabby!” Gilda flashed a quizzical glance towards me, my eyes shifting down towards the grass in uncertainty.

“I'm fine... really.” I tried to sound calm, but my voice escaped my lips in a off tune melody.

“Mm-hmm, did you break something!?” Gilda huffed.

“I don't think so.” I patted my body gently.

“I meant like an object dummy!” She snapped.

“What no!?” I scrunched my nose cutely.

“Boy trouble?” Gilda smirked with a sly giggle.

“Eww, no!” I blushed a bright pink.

“Steal something!?” Gilda raised a thin brow.

“Ne..never!” I stammered in shock, my eyes looking towards my socks.

“I know!” She cupped my chin, lifting my face up to meet her own.

“You do!?” I gasped in utmost shock.

Had I blown my cover this quickly!?

Gilda smirked ruffling up my hair playfully, her arm wrapping around my shoulders before giving me a huge firm hug. I could just take this confusing form of affection in silence, unsure what it was, she had thought was wrong with me.

“You want a few new outfits, but afraid to ask Gramps for the cash!” She shook her head to the side smirking.

“Outfits?” I glanced over the ripped hoodie and torn pants slowly.

“Trust me sis, you've gone long enough in the bargain bin!” She winked towards me with a mischievous look upon her face.

“No longer just a kid, you're a growing woman! - Need to flaunt it!” Gilda began her walk ahead of me giggling to herself, I couldn't help but giggle myself and follow.

Part of me curious of what she had planned.


“New clothes, absolutely outrageous!?- Truly, truly outrageous!!” Gramps squawked much like an old buzzard would.

He was a gruff old man of an unknowable age, I felt fear strike my soul of even thinking about asking him. He wore a long grey trench coat that nearly touched the aging wooden floor of our house, a dirty old black suit underneath with a matching properly knotted tie.

His wrinkled claw like right hand, clutched a crooked wooden cane tightly, his balding head hidden by a ancient red fez with tufts of dull Raven hair poking out of the side. His left eye a nearly jet black color, the right a silver faded hue that never seemed to blink.

The house was his home, it smelled to stale moldy musk. Furniture of the days passed littering every corner of this place, no lights were turned on either as every room in sight had a dark eerie vibe to it.

I felt as if I had walked into the lair of the crypt keeper, my slender frame shivering in fright as I did my best to hide behind Gilda for protection.

“Yes outfits, she looks like a boy in those oversized atrocities you bought!” Gilda arched wide hips to the side in anger, crossing her arms across her chest as if annoyed.

“They are good clothes, she'll grow into them!” Gramps snapped even louder.

Gilda clutched my shoulder pulling my beat up frame into view, Gramps glaring over me in pure disgust of what he saw. My sister narrowed her eyes and stepped to my side, poking the old man on his chest hard.

“She crashed on the street today, because those dumb clothes hindered her!” Gilda clutched her fist in fiery anger.

“When I was growing up, I had just two and a half outfits, by thunder we made do!” Gramps pushed ahead trying to intimidate Gilda, soon both face to face in a battle of will.

“You also grew up with a six Brothers, Gabby is a girl Gramps! - Girl's need proper wardrobes!” Gilda hissed as the old man groaned in defeat.

“Bah, just make sure she dresses with some class!” Gramps reached into his coat pocket, removing his wallet with shaky hands.

“I don't need two harlots embarrassing me! Kaaaa-ach-aaaa!” Gramps exploded out into a series of coughs and wheezes, slowly shuffling off into the darkness of the living room.

Gilda let her gaze fall to the two hundred dollars in her hand solemnly, a sense of pain built up deep within her soul. I could feel the same pain she felt, my dad was almost a spitting reflection of that horrible old man.

“Gil...sister? Are you…” I slowly reached my tiny hand out to touch her shoulder, Gilda spinning around with Misty eyes.

“Perfectly fine, that old buzzard is just an ass!” She smirked with a quick wipe of her eyes, patting my shoulder reassuringly before heading towards the front door.

“C'mon Gabby, let's get dangerous!” Gilda deviously smiled.

Comments ( 9 )

Wow, Gilda standing up to Grandpa Gruff!

This is rather cute. I'm mildly looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

👏👏👏
Great work! Bravo!
Keep going, this just got even more interesting.
Have a good day/night.

9504734
Mild sauce! My favorite!


9503785
Darling? That's one above cute, whoo hoo!


9504699
When she feels something isn't right, yes.

I see Gilda as a take no HorseApples type, though rarely shows her softer side.
9504763
Ty insanity! Your optimism makes me smile!

9504966
Andrewtru is writing for Rarity and has a clothing store.

Keep it rolling!

(Sorry Gabby, forgot to track. Mistake corrected).

9508075
I was hoping someone would catch it!:pinkiesmile:

9508368
Maybe Gilda and Gabby can meet Rarity (Andrewtru) and maybe some others at the school....

Perfectly fine, that old buzzard is just an ass!” She smirked with a quick wipe of her eyes, patting my shoulder reassuringly before heading towards the front door.

“C'mon Gabby, let's get dangerous!” Gilda deviously smiled.
Gabby just arrived and she's already making DuckTales reboot references

Login or register to comment