• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 708 Views, 32 Comments

Rescue On Devaron - FourShadow



With Master Sandalwood captured, Jedi Master Derpy must lead a team to mount a rescue!

  • ...
4
 32
 708

Chapter 1: A Batch Of Troops

Author's Note:

So this story is pretty much intended to be like a Star Wars Clone Wars episode kind of story, so hope you'll enjoy what we've got so far, and stay tuned for more! Special thanks to Scholarly-Cimmerian for the hand!

"Fear is the mind killer inside all of us."


Captured by the enemy! As war rages across the galaxy, the Galactic Alliance strives for victory against the Storm Army! Planets captured in waging struggles and more and more people are forced to choose sides! As Jedi Masters are stretched thin to protect those in need, so are the number of clone troopers to defend the peace! In a daring attempt to fend Storm soldiers on Rugosa, Jedi Master Sandalwood has been captured and taken prisoner on Devaron! Withholding the secret battle plans, Jedi Master Derpy Hooves must step in and rescue the captured Jedi before the secrets are discovered...


A single freighter ship was rocketing through space. And inside the main pilot seat was the Jedi Master herself, Derpy Hooves. By her side was her astromech droid, R4. As these two allies traveled, Derpy was getting a quick briefing from the members of the Council of Harmony.

"If the Storm Army gets ahold of the battle strategies from Master Sandalwood, it could mean grave danger for the Republic," Master Sparkle said.

"Or worse, they could find out the location of any outposts or bases we may have," Applejack nodded.

"Which only makes it more imperative that you rescue the poor darling as soon as possible!" Rarity humphed.

The Jedi Master nodded with a small smile. "I can promise you, Master, I will rescue him in time."

"Good. But you should also know you're not handling this mission alone. We've dispatched a group of clones on the Resolute to help you," Master Dash grinned.

Derpy's smile quickly faded and her heart began to pound. "C-Clones?"

"I know it's last minute, but the facility you're going to could be heavily protected. You'll need more help," Master Sparkle comforted.

Derpy gulped. "Oh... well, maybe it would be good to have help. What's the group? What's their name, their group?"

"They're the Baker's Batch," Master Pinkie quipped.

Derpy sunk again. "Baker's... Batch? Didn't they--"

"--We're aware of the reputation they've been having, but the troopers are hard-workers, and they've made it through every mission with very little casualties," Twilight nodded.

"I know it seems scary, but it'll be okay. Just remember, you're not alone, you've always made it out in every mission, and you have more friends by your side," Master Fluttershy smiled.

"Just stay calm and everything okay. Contact us when you've made progress," Master Sparkle finished before the hologram shut itself off.

The Jedi Master scrunched her face, a soft whimper of fear escaping her lips. But she looked up to see her astromech droid staring at her, talking to her.

"No, R4, it's just... The Baker's Batch has... well... it's hard to explain. Lets just get to the ship."


The cruiser dubbed the Resolute hovered about in space, accompanied by two other cruisers. They had met up to travel on the far side of the galaxy with some other Jedi generals, but they were stopping temporarily so Master Derpy could go and pick up Baker's Batch. And speaking of which, the very team was assembled in a hangar of the Resolute, waiting for Master Derpy to arrive.

The troopers themselves had the same white armor like everyone else, but their group also had some blue paint on their armor, going up and down their arms, their legs, some parts on their chest, and even on their helmets. As they waited for their commander, a few of them hung around, looking for activities to pass the time. Some of them just talked to their compatriots, others joked around about some victories that they had gotten during their battles. While others would try to arm wrestle each other, and try to claim victory.

"Come on, Tap! You got him!"

"Bring it on him, Bounce!"

The two clones tried harder and harder, until Tap slammed Bounce's hand against the table. "Yes!"

Some of the others just rolled their eyes.

"Who's next? Coil? Ace?" Tap looked around, looking for any others who would want to compete.

"Come on, Tap. You've already beaten us enough at these arm-wrestling, just end it already," the trooper Patch groaned.

"Patch, what's wrong with you? You're not upset because I beat you that time on Saleucumi, are you?"

Patch just rolled his eyes. The other clones just shared a chuckle at his expense.

"You're not going soft are you? Not like Mix, are you?"

"Mix is not soft!" Patch exclaimed. "And besides, I thought you rather enjoyed his jogan fruit cake?"

"Eh, don't be too hard on him," Coil commented. "He's just upset cause he doesn't have the talent to not let food catch on fire."

Now everyone was laughing at Tap. And while they were busy enjoying themselves, their commander entered from the elevator. His suit was designed with more of the blue markings than everyone else, and his helmet was equipped with a long range antenna. He had holsters to carry two pistols with him, and a small pad over his shoulders, blazed in black and soft blue. His boots softly echoed on the hard ground, and as soon as he was close, he stood still, waiting for his crew to give him his undivided attention.

"Attention! Commander on deck!"

All of the clones immediately stood straight.

"At ease. I know you're all eager to get onto a new assignment, but I shouldn't have to remind you when we get out into the field we must be ready for anything. There's a new Jedi on her way, and I want everyone to be on their best behavior. Understood?"

"Sir yes sir!" Everyone saluted.

Just then, the hangar doors opened up, and the freighter came swooping inside. It's landing gear unfolded and it landed in the open space that was freed. With a small touch, the ship had made its landing and hissed steam as the loading doors opened up.

"Attention, General on deck!" The Commander shouted.

Derpy stood in the darkness of the freighter, but only for a second or two. The clones were right there, ready for her to step out and introduce herself. Taking a moment to calm herself down, she stepped out of the shuttle as straight as she could, giving the most optimistic face she could.

"Good morning, everyone. My name is Jedi Master Derpy Hooves. It's wonderful to meet you all," Derpy greeted.

The commander in charge saluted to her. "Wonderful to meet you too, ma'am. My name is Commander Bubbles. And we're the Baker's Batch."

Everyone saluted.

"Great to see you all. Oh, and this is my astromech, R4."

The droid let out a series of bleeps and sounds to respond.

"I'm sorry I'm late. The freighter I'm flying isn't as fast as my starfighter."

"But it can travel fast in hyperspace, right?" Commander asked.

"Oh yes, for sure," Derpy nodded.

"Then I say as long as we can get there in one piece, we should be alright. Lets move it, boys."

The clones hoisted their packs and weapons and walked onto the ship's platform. Once everyone was accounted for, the hatch closed up. The ship's hatches sealed up and it began to take off. It phased through a holo-field, and went out into the open vacuum of space, outside of the other cruisers. The clones began strapping themselves in, preparing for the jump to hyperspace.

Derpy tapped on one of the screens, entering in the coordinates and flipped the switches. The commander sat in the other pilot seat next to her, prepared for the take off.

"Next stop, Devaron!"

And in a nano-second, the ship's hyperdrive activated, and the freighter jumped into hyperspace.


Devaron

Devaron was a temperate and heavily forested planet. Numerous rivers and valleys marked the mountainous landscape, There were some villages on far sides of the planet, but hidden out of sight was a Storm outpost. Deep in the jungle, a base was constructed deep inside a temple, long abandoned. Sentries and hidden weapons planted about, ready to strike if anyone was trespassing on their territory. A few battle droids posted outside the main entrance, The rushing waterfall near did not bother nor create any roadblocks in the outpost's construction, nor harm any of the technology that had been installed.

Inside, Master Sandalwood was being held. Hoisted in the air, keeping his arms and legs apart, rendering him unable to escape or move. His lightsaber was taken as well, but it didn't matter. The droids were relentlessly giving him electric shocks, but none of it was enough to give him any severe pain. And it was all monitored through security cameras with audio surveillance.

The droid watching over the facility was a tactician droid, blazed with blue and green paint. His emotionless one-note face watched over everything, keeping a close eye on their Jedi prisoner.

"Commander, the Jedi is refusing to give us the information," a battle droid spoke from off the side.

The tactician's head swiveled and stared at him. He was about to respond until a small sensor beeped on his control pad. He pressed the button, projecting a holographic display. A Sith Lord was calling him, Lord Hydia to be exact.

"Have you captured the Jedi?"

"Affirmative, mistress. But he is unwilling to provide the plans."

Lord Hydia growled. "Use whatever you can, we MUST have the information!

The droid nodded. "Yes, Lord Hydia."

The Sith Lord groaned. "One more thing... the Storm King has given me warning. That traitor is still alive. She might be coming towards your outpost. Do not allow her any control, do not let her uncover any of our secret operations, and shoot her on sight!"

The tactical droid's speech garbled before he shut off the transmission. "It will be done, my Lord."