• Published 1st Mar 2019
  • 3,014 Views, 24 Comments

The Return of Daybreaker - Twilight Star



Daybreaker returns to Equestria. And Sunset Shimmer and her friends must go to the Castle of the Two Sisters to find the elements of harmony.

  • ...
4
 24
 3,014

Daybreaker returns

Sunset Shimmer was sitting on her bed with a pillow on her head until she heard Garble, “Sunset, Lemon Zest is doing the game of nailing the tail on the pony, do you want to play?”

“No!” exclaimed Sunset Shimmer. “All the ponies in this town are crazy! Do they know what time it is?”

“It’s the Winter Moon Celebration, everypony should stay awake to see the moon rise,” said Garble. “And the ponies aren’t crazy, it’s a party”

Garble left the room and went back downstairs to the library where the party was taking place. Sunset Shimmer mumbled over what Garble just said.

Sunset Shimmer looked out the window and saw the sun with the silhouette of a mare, she approached the window as she said, “on the longest night of the thousandth year, the heatwaves would help her escape and she would bring the eternal heat”

Suddenly, she heard Garble, “Sunset!” exclaimed Garble. “It’s almost time for moonrise!”


All the ponies were in Ponyville prefecture waiting for the princess. Sunset Shimmer was with Garble on her back, Lemon Zest stood beside her as she spoke without stopping until they heard the singing sound of notorious birds.

“Fillys and gentlecolts, it is with great pleasure that I announce the beginning of the winter moon celebration”, said Mayor Mare.

In response everypony shouted for joy, except Sunset Shimmer, who was nervous and worried about what could happen.

Sunset Shimmer ignored what the mayor said and looked out the window and saw the sun, Sunset Shimmer saw that the silhouette of the mare of the sun was disappearing. Sunset Shimmer returned to paying attention to what Mayor Mare was saying, knowing what might happen next.

“And now, i announce the arrival of our princess, who brings the sun and the moon, the benevolent, the only one, Princess Luna!” exclaimed Mayor Mare.

Sunny Flare opened the curtains for Princess Luna to appear, but she didn’t appear, “huh?” asked Sunny Flare confused.

“This can’t be good”, said Sunset Shimmer already knowing what would happen.

“Keep calm everypony, surely have an explanation”, said Mayor Mare trying to keep everything under control.

“Oh, oh, I love games!” exclaimed Lemon Zest excitedly. “Is she hidden?”

“She’s gone!” exclaimed Sunny Flare .

Everypony exclaimed in surprise.

“Oh, she’s good”, said Lemon Zest.

Suddenly, Lemon Zest screamed in surprise as she saw flames on the balcony where Princess Luna was supposed to appear.

“Oh no,” said Sunset Shimmer nervously. “Daybreaker”

Daybreaker looked at the throng before she smiled and began to speak, “ah, my lovely subjects, it’s been so long since I’ve seen your lovely little faces”

“What did you do to our princess?” exclaimed Indigo Zap before attempting to fly to Daybreaker, but was stopped by Sugarcoat holding Indigo Zap by the tail with her mouth.

“Calm down”, said Sugarcoat.

Daybreaker laughed, “why?” asked Daybreaker. “Am I not royal enough for you? Don’t you know who I am?”

“Oh, oh, more guessing games!” exclaimed Lemon Zest excitedly. “Witch of flames. How about evil queen? No, princess of flames, princess of... "

Lemon Zest was cut short when Sugarcoat put a cupcake in her mouth to stop her talking.

“My crown no longer counts?” asked Daybreaker as she approached Sour Sweet. “Since i was imprisoned for a thousand years?”

“Don’t you remember the legend?” asked Daybreaker as she approached Sunny Flare and touched her chin with her mane. “Didn’t you see the signs?”

“I did!” exclaimed Sunset Shimmer. “And I know who you are! You are the mare in the sun! Daybreaker!”

All the ponies in the room exclaimed in surprise.

Daybreaker smiled at Sunset Shimmer, “well, well, a pony remembers me,” said Daybreaker. “So, you must know why I’m here”

“You’re here to ... To ...” Sunset Shimmer tried to say but the only thing she managed to do was swallow dry.

Daybreaker laughed, “remember this night, little ponies, for it was the last”, said Daybreaker grinning maliciously.

“From today, the day will be eternal!” Daybreaker began to laugh loudly as her mane and tail of flame rose high in a swirl of flames.

“Arrest her!” exclaimed Mayor Mare. “She knows where the princess is!”

Three Luna guards went to Daybreaker, “step back, your fools!” exclaimed Daybreaker before pushing them with her mane of flames away and leaving the city hall.

Sugarcoat still held the tail of Indigo Zap. But Indigo Zap managed to get loose and went after Daybreaker, “come back here!” exclaimed Indigo Zap before stopping and seeing Daybreaker flying away.

“Everlasting day?” asked Indigo Zap.

Indigo Zap looked down and saw Sunset Shimmer with Garble on the back running out of the city hall, “where's she going?” asked Indigo Zap.


Garble was in his basket, drowsy, but struggling to stay awake, “we have to stop Daybreaker ...” but Garble ended up falling asleep.

Sunset Shimmer blocked Garble with the blanket, “You’ve been up all day, Garble,” said Sunset Shimmer. “After all, you’re a baby dragon”

Sunset Shimmer went downstairs and went to try to find a book that talked about the elements of harmony she had read, “elements, elements, urgh!” said Sunset Shimmer.

“How am I going to stop Daybreaker without the elements of harmony?” asked Sunset Shimmer distracted not seeing that Indigo Zap entered the library.

“And how do you know about Daybreaker’s return?” asked Indigo Zap. “And what are these elements of harmony, huh?”

“Are you a spy?” asked Indigo Zap before she was pulled by the tail by Sugarcoat.

“Cut it out, Indigo,” said Sugarcoat looking at Indigo Zap. “She’s not a spy, but she knows what’s going on”

The five ponies Sunset Shimmer met looked at her, “Isn’t it, Sunset?” asked Sugarcoat.

“I read about Daybreaker’s return and about the elements of harmony,” began Sunset Shimmer. “The elements are the only way to stop her, but I don’t know what they do, where to find them and what they are”

“Elements of Harmony: Reference Guide”, read Lemon Zest one of the book titles.

Sunset Shimmer went to the shelf where Lemon Zest was, “how did you know it was here?” asked Sunset Shimmer.

“It was in the letter ‘E' ”, sang Lemon Zest.

Sunset Shimmer took the book, “There are five elements of harmony: kindness, laughter, generosity, honesty and loyalty, the sixth is a complete mystery,” read Sunset Shimmer. “The last time the elements were seen was in the castle of the two sisters, located in the Everfree Florest”

“I guess I will not,” said Sour Sweet. “It seems to be dangerous”

“Don’t worry Sour Sweet, we’ll all be together”, Sunny Flare comforted Sour Sweet.

Sunset Shimmer looked a little surprised at what Sunny Flare just said, “Wait, did we?” asked Sunset Shimmer.

Sunny Flare looked at Sunset Shimmer, “Yes, Sunset,” replied Sunny Flare. “You don’t want to go to the forest by yourself, do you?”

“Yes I do and I will,” said Sunset Shimmer.

“Look, Sunset,” said Sugarcoat. “The Everfree Florest is very dangerous, especially for a pony to go alone”

“But I can go it alone”, said Sunset Shimmer.

“No way, Sunset,” Sugarcoat said, “we’re not going to let a friend of ours go alone into this forest”

Sunset Shimmer was surprised by what Sugarcoat just said, “Okay, okay, you can come with me to the castle of the two sisters and show me where the Everfree Florest is”