• Published 1st Mar 2019
  • 2,978 Views, 24 Comments

The Return of Daybreaker - Twilight Star



Daybreaker returns to Equestria. And Sunset Shimmer and her friends must go to the Castle of the Two Sisters to find the elements of harmony.

  • ...
4
 24
 2,978

Checking the preparations for the winter moon (Edited)

Sunset Shimmer was in a carriage with Lunar guards taking the carriage to Ponyville.

Garble noticed that Sunset Shimmer was very quiet and decided to ask, "Sunset, is everything okay?"

Sunset Shimmer looked at Garble, "no, Garble," replied Sunset Shimmer. "It isn't alright"

"What happened, Sunset?" Garble wanted to know.

Sunset Shimmer let out a slight sigh, "do you think the princess took what I said about Daybreaker's return seriously?" asked Sunset Shimmer.

"I think so," replied Garble. "Why wouldn't she trust you?"

Sunset Shimmer looked at Garble, "after all, you're Luna's most devoted student", grinned Garble.

"Yeah, you're right, Garble", said Sunset Shimmer a little happily.

The carriage landed on Ponyville, Sunset Shimmer and Garble left the carriage, "Thank you, sirs," Sunset Shimmer went to Luna's guards.

Garble picked up the list that Luna gave him, "first step: make friends," read Garble.

"Okay," Sunset Shimmer lowered her ears, "let's get this over with"

Sunset Shimmer saw a pink pony with green mane and tail walking happily in Ponyville, until she saw Sunset Shimmer and stopped.

"Er, hello", greeted Sunset Shimmer.

In response, the mare jumped and screamed in surprise before running away. Sunset Shimmer and Garble looked at the direction the mare went, "Well, that was interesting", said Sunset Shimmer.


Sunset Shimmer and Garble entered Sweet Apple Acres and saw a horse-colored blue pony and white tail running to an apple tree and kicking.

"Good evening, my name is Sunset Shimmer", greeted Sunset Shimmer as she approached the mare.

"It's nice to meet you, Sunset," said Sugarcoat as she swung one of Sunset Shimmer's hooves. "I'm Sugarcoat, and here at Sweet Apple Acres, we like to make new friends"

"Actually, i came here to ..." tried to answer Sunset Shimmer but couldn't.

Sugarcoat stopped shaking her hoof and asked, "what can I do for you?"

But the shell of Sunset Shimmer kept swinging up and down, Garble touched the hull so the hull would stop moving. That done, he closed his eyes as he held the laughter.

"I am here to oversee the preparations for the winter moon celebration," replied Sunset Shimmer. "Are you responsible for the food?"

"You can bet I am," replied Sugarcoat. "Would you like to taste the food?"

Sunset Shimmer took a step back, "i'm sorry, but I'm in a hurry," replied Sunset Shimmer politely.

"Oh, okay ..." said Sugarcoat a little upset.

"But I'll be here in Ponyville for the celebration", replied Sunset Shimmer quickly, hoping that Sugarcoat wouldn't be upset anymore.

"Okay, see you at the celebration, Sunset", smiled Sugarcoat.

Sunset Shimmer and Garble left the farm. Meanwhile, Garble picked up the list to see the next item, "next item: weather"


Sunset Shimmer and Garble were looking up at the sky and saw that there were many clouds in the sky, "who should be in charge of the weather?" asked Sunset Shimmer still looking up at the sky.

"Indigo Zap", replied Garble looking at the list.

Sunset Shimmer stopped looking at the sky, "well she's not doing a good job", said Sunset Shimmer.

Suddenly, Sunset Shimmer was shoved into a mud. Indigo Zap got up and saw Sunset Shimmer muddy, "hehe, ops, sorry, hehe," said Indigo Zap.

"Hehe, let me help you", said Indigo Zap, going to get a cloud and put it under Sunset Shimmer.

Indigo Zap went up to the cloud and started jumping on it to get water out. After a few seconds, she stopped, and went to see the result. Sunset Shimmer was wet with her mane.

"Hehe, ops," said Indigo Zap. "I exaggerated"

"How about this?" asked Indigo Zap before forming an indigo-colored swirl around Sunset Shimmer.

"It's my invention: Dryer Indigo!" said Indigo Zap.

"No, you don't have to thank me," said Indigo Zap. "You deserve it," Indigo Zap landed on the floor and looked at Sunset Shimmer.

Sunset Shimmer was looking at Indigo Zap with an unhappy expression, her mane was all messed up and curled up. Indigo Zap couldn't stand it and started to laugh and fell to the ground. Garble looked at Sunset Shimmer before start laughing and falling to the ground as well.

"Let me guess, you're Indigo Zap", said Sunset Shimmer with an ungraceful expression as he looked at Indigo Zap and Garble laughing on the floor.

Indigo Zap heard and posed, "what?" asked Indigo Zap with a smile, "do you know me?"

Indigo Zap flew up to Sunset Shimmer, "have you heard of me?" asked Indigo Zap to Sunset Shimmer.

"What I know is that you should keep the sky cloudless", replied Sunset Shimmer.

Indigo Zap seemed surprised by the response she just received.

"I'm Sunset Shimmer," began Sunset Shimmer. "And the princess sent me to check the weather," said Sunset Shimmer looking at Indigo Zap.

Indigo Zap was in a cloud now, "okay, okay," replied Indigo Zap. "It's going to be easy, I'll do it quickly, I'll do it as soon as I finish training"

Sunset Shimmer was confused, "train for what?" asked Sunset Shimmer.

"The Shadowbolts!" replied Indigo Zap. "They will perform at the celebration tomorrow and I will show them my style"

"The Shadowbolts?" asked Sunset Shimmer.

"Yep", replied Indigo Zap.

"The most skillful and talented pegasus of all Equestria?" asked Sunset Shimmer.

"Yeah", replied Indigo Zap. "Those there"

"Come on," doubted Sunset Shimmer as she turned her head back, "they would never accept a Pegasus who can't leave the sky clear for a misery night"

Indigo Zap looked at Sunset Shimmer, "hey, I can clear the sky in ten seconds flat"

"Prove to me", said Sunset Shimmer with a smile of defiance.

Indigo Zap then left the cloud that was and began to clear the sky with the back hoof. And the time was exactly ten seconds. Sunset Shimmer and Garble were overwhelmed by this.

"So what?" Indigo Zap stood on a bridge. "What I said? Ten seconds flat"

Sunset Shimmer still looked surprised.

"Haha. You needed to see the face of you", said Indigo Zap. "Hehe, you're even cool, Sunset Shimmer"

"I want to see you again", said Indigo Zap with a smile before flew away.

"Wow," Garble looked at Sunset Shimmer. "She's awesome"

Garble started to play on a handful of Sunset Shimmer mane before he finally laughed. Sunset Shimmer continued on the way to the city hall, with an unhappy face.

Garble noticed this and went after her, "hey, wait!" exclaimed Garble trying to cheer Sunset Shimmer. "It's even nice after we get used to it"


Sunset Shimmer and Garble walked into town hall to see the decor, "It's beautiful," said Garble.

"Yes, the decor is great", agreed Sunset Shimmer.

"Not the decor, she", Garble said, pointing to a blue unicorn with horsehair and purple and pink tail.

"No, no, no, oh heavens, no", said Sunny Flare as she picked the tape.

"How are my scales?" asked Garble to Sunset Shimmer. "Are they combed?"

In response, Sunset Shimmer only rolled her eyes before approaching Sunny Flare, "hello, good evening", greeted Sunset Shimmer.

"Just a moment, please," said Sunny Flare. "I'm in a moment of inspiration"

"That. Brilliant are always fashionable, aren't they? "said Sunny Flare while tying a dark blue handkerchief. "You are very talented, Sunny Flare"

"Ready," said Sunny Flare before looking at Sunset Shimmer. "What can I do for you?" asked Sunny Flare before screaming in alarm.

"By the rays of the sun," said Sunny Flare shocked. "What happened to your hairstyle?"

"Oh, did you mean with my mane?" asked Sunset Shimmer looking at her mane.

"Well, it's a long story," replied Sunset Shimmer. "I'm just here to check the decor and then I'm gone"

"Go away?" asked Sunny Flare. "What about your hair?"

Sunny Flare began to push Sunset Shimmer, "wait! Where are we going? Help!" said Sunset Shimmer in surprise.


"No, no, no, very green, very yellow, very cuddly, not cuddly enough, very old-fashioned, very bright", said Sunny Flare as she chose Sunset Shimmer's outfit, "now, you're going to tell me where you came from"

"I ... Urgh ... I came ... It's ... From ... Canterlot ... To ..." said Sunset Shimmer as Sunny Flare tightened her clothes she was wearing.

Sunny Flare was surprised and released the clothes of Sunset Shimmer. "Canterlot ?!" exclaimed,Sunny Flare excitedly. "Oh, I'm so jealous"

"The glamor, the sophistication," said Sunny Flare. "I always dreamed of living there"

"I can't wait to tell me everything," said Sunny Flare. "We'll be great friends, you and me"

A moment of silence, until ...

"Emeralds?" asked Sunny Flare. "Where i was with my head?"

"Let me get some rubies for you", said Sunny Flare as she went out to get rubies.

"Quick," said Sunset Shimmer. "Before she invents to dye me in another color," Sunset Shimmer ran out of the store she was.


"Isn't she really wonderful?" asked Garble still looking passionate.

"Focus Garble, focus" said Sunset Shimmer. "What's next on the list?"

Garble looked at the list, "music"

Suddenly, Sunset Shimmer and Garble heard a song of birdsong, and they decided to see where it came from. They came out of a bush to see a yellow-colored mare with a mane and pink tail with turquoise stripes.

"Garble, stay here," asked Sunset Shimmer. "I'll be right back", Garble nodded.

"Hello!" said Sunset Shimmer as she approached the yellow mare.

Sour Sweet screeched scared and looked down to see Sunset Shimmer.

"Oh no, I 'm sorry," excused Sunset Shimmer. "I didn't want to scare your nocturnal birds"

"I was just here to check out the song and is so beautiful", explained Sunset Shimmer with a smile.

There was a silence between the two mares. Sunset Shimmer gave a nervous smile as she looked left and right.

"My name is Sunset Shimmer," featured Sunset Shimmer. "And what is yours?"

"Oh, my name is Sour Sweet ..." said Sour Sweet in a low voice.

"Sorry, what did you say?" asked Sunset Shimmer.

"Oh, my name is Sour Sweet", said Sour Sweet in an even lower voice.

"I don't get it yet," said Sunset Shimmer.

Sour Sweet just hid her face in the mane in response. And again, silence.

"Well, uh, it looks like your nightbirds are back, so I guess everything's in order, keep up the good work", said Sunset Shimmer with a smile.

"Well that was easy", said Sunset Shimmer to Garble coming out of the bushes.

Sour Sweet looked at Garble in surprise before shouting, "a baby dragon!"

Sour Sweet went over to Garble, not noticing that she pushed Sunset Shimmer away.

"I've never seen a baby dragon before," said Sour Sweet. "He is so cute"

"Well, well, well", said Garble as he stared at the stunned Sunset Shimmer before returning to Sour Sweet.

"Oh my God, he speaks, I didn't know that dragons spoke," said Sour Sweet suprisingly. "This is so incredibly fantastic, that I don't even know what to say"

Suddenly, turquoise magic grabbed Garble and placed him on the back of Sunset Shimmer, "so we better get going", said Sunset Shimmer.

"Wait, wait," Sour Sweet followed Sunset Shimmer and Garble. "What's your name?"

"I'm Garble", introduced Garble.

"Hi Garble, my name is Sour Sweet," introduced Sour Sweet. "Wow, a talking dragon, and what do dragons talk about?"

"What do you want to know?" asked Garble.

"Absolutely all", replied Sour Sweet.

In response, Sunset Shimmer groaned in frustration.

"So, it all started with a little red and orange egg ..." began Garble to tell his story.


"... And that's the story of my whole life," finished Garble telling his story. "I mean, to this day. Do you want to hear today?"

"Oh, please", said Sour Sweet.

"Look, I'm sorry, but as we got here so fast, this is where we'll stay for our stay in Ponyville, and the little dragon baby needs to sleep", said Sunset Shimmer interrupting Garble's conversation with Sour Sweet.

"Hey, I don't need it ..." Garble tried to say, but Sunset Shimmer pulled him off her back and set him down.

"Oh, look, he's so tiny he barely stands", said Sunset Shimmer looking at Garble with a pout.

Sour Sweet took Garble in her lap, "poor thing, you need to put him in the bed"

Sour Sweet tried to get inside the house, but Sunset Shimmer stopped her, "yes, yes, I'll take care of it," replied Sunset Shimmer. "Well, good morning," Sunset Shimmer closed the door in front of Sour Sweet.

"Now, where's the light?" asked Sunset Shimmer looking around to find the switch.

But the lights went on by themselves. Sunset Shimmer and Garble were startled to hear ponies shout "surprise!"

"Surprise! Hi, I'm Lemon Zest , and I organized this party just for you," said Lemon Zest. "Were you surprised?"

"Very surprising," said Sunset Shimmer. "Libraries should be silent"

"Oh, what a silly thing. What kind of party would it be if it were silent? Like, damn. Bo-ring," said Lemon Zest .

Sunset Shimmer began to walk toward the food table, while Lemon Zest spoke nonstop, "you know, I remember you from early today, remember? Like, I've never seen you before, and like I've never seen you before, it's because you're new because I know everypony in Ponyville"

When Lemon Zest started talking again, Sunset Shimmer groaned in frustration, "and if you're new, you don't know anypony yet"

Sunset Shimmer and Lemon Zest finally arrived at the table. Sunset Shimmer took a bottle to put in the punch glass, and Sunny Flare kept talking while Sunset Shimmer drank, "and if you don't know anypony yet, you shouldn't have friends. And if you don't have friends, you must be alone. And it made me so sad. Then I had an idea. Then, I did a super-hyper-mega-party and invited everypony in Ponyville. See? Now you have lots, lots and lots of friends"

Sunset Shimmer suddenly felt something in her mouth, something very hot.

"Are you okay, Sunset?" asked Sugarcoat to Sunset Shimmer.

But Sunset Shimmer didn't have time to respond, she ran away.

"Oh, she's so happy she's crying", said Lemon Zest with a smile.

Garble took the bottle that Sunset Shimmer and read what it said, "pepper sauce"

Lemon Zest put pepper sauce in a cupcake before putting it in the mouth. Soure Sweet, Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat and Sunny Flare were worried.

Lemon Zest looked at her friends, "what is it?" asked Lemon Zest. "Is so good"

Sunny Flare's friends were relieved and smiled at her.