• Published 1st Mar 2019
  • 1,084 Views, 24 Comments

Smeargle Campaign - River Road



Trixie meets a fellow artist far from home

  • ...
0
 24
 1,084

Epilogue: A Detailed Treatise On The Reproduction Of Pokémon

Twilight blinked. “You what? How?!”

Trixie slowly unwrapped the blanket from the object – an object in a very familiar size and shape to Twilight, even if the blue and white coloring was unfamiliar.

“We had an egg. We don't know how it got there, but we had it.”

Author's Note:

:facehoof: "That's not how it works! Ponies don't get their offspring through eggs!"

:moustache: "Hey Twilight, where should I put the new books for the library?"

:twilightsmile: "Just put the boxes in the reference section for now, Spike, I'll sort through them later! You can go out and play with your friends after that, just be back in time for dinner! Anyway, Trixie, as I was saying... what? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Comments ( 13 )

Ok, the last chapter got me.

9482749
It's a beautiful example of minimalist prose, isn't it? :moustache:

THIS!

THIS IS WHAT WE NEED MORE OF!

Hey, Princess Reproduction Through Egg-Laying is a proven. I should know. :pinkiehappy:

“We had an egg. We don't know how it got there, but we had it.”

*Slow clapping* :ajsmug:

9482803 9483144
Thank you, thank you both. :moustache:

9483012
We always knew Twilight was secretly a Pokémon.

Also, Smear is going to be so confused when Cadance tells them the news at their next visit and he doesn't see another egg.

9483244
It does explain a lot. Though I wonder if she's got a stage three evolution...

First evolution was through friendship, second evolution will be through something even more esoteric.

9483494
Base form is Twilight
First evolution was Flylight
Second evolution will be Bilight, with two horns, two pairs of wings and two times as many anxiety attacks (and obviously the requirement for the second evolution is trading her with five other friends first).

9484081
(I wasn't notified of your reply.)

I was more referring to the fact that the moves aren't described like any other action.

9484490
Ah, yes. That was intentional.
It's basically the action textbox, since Smear literally comes from the video games.

I mean, it's no more bizarre than, well...

awkwardzombie.com/comics/comic335_zpsea167871.png


Well, that was... a thing. I can definitely say that. I'm not exactly sure what it was, but I think I liked it. A lot.

If nothing else, fascinating to see what the two give each other in a relationship. Truly, romantic connections come from the oddest places.

11053941
As an aside, that comic would be vastly better if it replaced one of the Pokémon with Gardevoir. (The other can stay, because all 3 share an egg group)

Login or register to comment