• Published 9th Mar 2019
  • 705 Views, 23 Comments

Limestone and the Digging Unicorn - Miner



The rock farm has an unusual problem. And Limestone has to fix it with the most unusual unicorn

  • ...
1
 23
 705

We meet again

At the Underground city, Two stallions quietly roam around with lanterns looking at the buildings. They can see the spirits of past ponies moving in and out of buildings. The Digging Unicorn looks closely to the walls of the building before regrouping with Red Comet. He gives him a hoof sign and then they both start leaving the city.

They make their way to one of the many repair stations the DIgging Unicorn has made underground. As he was making repairs to one of his tools he could feel the stares coming from his companion. Looking over his should he sees Red Comet just smiling at him. He uses his magic to pour some water on some dried mushrooms. This causes them to spring to life, filling the room with a blue glow and before he spoke.

"Drop it."

"No."

"Comet! I am not going to tell you again. Nothing is going on between me and that mare."

"You expect me to believe that after you told her whole family that you like her?"

"I said no such thing. It was a slip of the tongue. I meant to insult her, not falter her. Besides, that was weeks ago. Don't you have anything better to do?"

"Why this is the best thing that has happened since sis got caught with a stallion in her room."

"Yes and if I remember correctly you got a nice shinner on your face for not dropping it after a day."

"Hay it was for good fun. Besides, I think that mare is into you considering how she reacted to 'Sweet Cheeks' Ahahaha-OW!" Red Comet rubs his head where his friend hit him with a rock.

"You are lucky that these mushrooms allow us to talk safely down here otherwise we would be in serious danger with how much you have been laughing this whole time."

"Okay okay. Enough funny business." He moves next to him, "How is it looking?"

"Better than expected. Although I am going to need more limestone to fill up some crakes in the walls."

"I bet you-" Red Comet stop talking when he saw a pickax threatening to be thrown at him, "Hushing up now."

"Anyways, How are we doing on supplies?"

Red Comet thinks about it for a bit, "Not good. Very bad. We are almost out of food and water."

The Digging Unicorn looks at him is a puzzled look, "What happened? We should still have three days worth of food left."

"A cave-in that what."

"That's just great," He lets out a sigh, "How deep is it?"

"Don't even think about it. That food is spoiled by now. We are better off getting something else than retrieving it." Both stallions started thinking of a solution to this predicament, then Red had an idea. "Maybe the Pie family can help us out."

His friend thinks about it and starts to nod his head in agreement, "Well, it won't hurt to ask," He picks up his tools, and they both start making the way to the surface, "Besides, it would be great to finally have a home cook meal again."


Meanwhile,

"I wasn't doing anything wrong." Limestone said as Maud was pushing her back into her room,

"You were taking too long in there. Any longer, and you might have made it outside."

"I was not trying to sneak out of the house." She lied,

However, before the two sisters could argue more about what one was don't trying to do, their mother's voice called to them from downstairs, "Supper time."

Before Maud let her sister go to eat, she had to clarify one thing, "Remember, Limestone, I am watching you." Limestone rolled her eyes at her sister's comment as they proceeded to the dinner table. Limestone was rather hungry and couldn't wait to eat more of her mother's home cooking, however her train of thought came to a stop when she saw that there were two unexpected guests at the dinner table.

"What are they doing here?" Limestone asked her mother,

"They got hungry and asked if they could join us for a meal."

"That is not what I meant. I was asking why are they still there. In our rock farm!"

"Calm down, Limestone," The Digging Unicorn said from his seat, "Our work is nearly completed underground. It will take us by the end of the week to be done at most."

"Good."

"And then another week to ensure we didn't miss anything." Red Comet said,

"Are you guys ever going to leave?!"

Red put a hoof to the side of his cheek in thought, "I don't know, a house full of mares," A smile comes to his face, "A stallion could have some ideas, you know-OW!" Red got slapped upside the head by his companion.

"You said you would behave yourself," The Digging Unicorn said glaring at his companion, "And mind your manners. There are ladies present."

Limestone's dad nods at this before addressing the rest of the ponies in the room, "Now then, let us eat."


Dinner was relatively quiet and uneventful as everypony eat their rock soup. However, Limestone was somewhat surprised that the two stallions didn't argue over having to eat rocks for dinner, instead, they enjoyed it and even asked for more. Not just anypony can eat rock soup for the first time and enjoy it. It makes Limestone wonder what had the two stallions been eating that they would eat rock soup without a second thought. And if she were honest, she wouldn't have minded having more of that mushroom soup that she had before. It was a nice change of pace for food, even though it wasn't rocks.

The silence was broken when The Digging Unicorn got up from the table, "May I use your washroom?"

"You don't have to ask us to go poop you know." Limestone said without thinking. This got her stares from everypony in the room. But she didn't care. If her attitude got these stallions out of here faster, then good.

"I was referring to a shower or a bathroom," The Digging Unicorn said, not fazed by her comment, "It has been some time since I have had a proper bath."

"Oh! But course," The Mother said, "It down the hall to the left."

"Thank you."

"And don't use up all the hot water!" Limestone called out to him, walking down the hallway.

"Limestone, behave yourself." Her mother scolded,

She grumbles to herself while crossing her forelegs. She doesn't know why she has been acting this way. Typically, she is a little grumpy and cranky with everypony, but not like this. For some reason, that stallion rubs her the wrong way.

The Digging Unicorn closes the door behind him as he pulls off his coat, sending a lot of dirt into the room. He cringes at this, but he decides that he would clean it up after he bathes. Before he goes into the tub, he pulls out something from inside one of the pockets on his coat. He wipes it on his coat to get a little shine off it before setting it on the counter and commerces with his bath.


"Oh, Limestone."

"Yes, Mom?"

"Could you grab some towels and put them in the bathroom? I forgot to put them there before our guest went there."

"Couldn't I wait until he is done with his bath first?"

"Why so you can see him just out of the bath?" Red Comet added, getting a glare from the father, making him gulp.

"You know what, never mind. I will be in and out before he knows I was there."


She enters the bathroom without knocking with some towels on her back and moves to the counter. However, as she puts the towel on the counter, she sees something shiny, which makes her forget what she was doing as she drops the towels. There was a jade stone on the counter, but it wasn't just any jade stone; it was her jade stone. She picks up the stone and takes a close look at it. She has seen other stones similar to the one she found when she was a filly, but there is no mistaking it. The patterns on the stone could not be fake. This was her stone. The one she lost to...

"May I help you?"

Limestone turns to the voice of the Digging Unicorn to see that his coat has turned a completely different color. He is now a turquoise coat-colored stallion with a brown mane. His coat wasn't brown at all! It must have been all the dirt he has gotten from digging underground all this time. Which only confirms one thing. It was him.

"You!"

"Me?"

"IT IS YOU!"

"Where are you going with this?"

"You are the little colt that stole my stone from me!" she said hugging the jade stone close to herself.

"What are you talking about? And give me back my jade stone!" He said using his magic to pull at the stone which Limestone refuse to let go.

"NO! It was mine first!"

"No, it's mine."

"NO mine!"

"Let go filly I dug up that stone first!"

"No! I found it first! You just took it after you kissed me."

This cause the stallion's eye's to widen as the memories of all those years ago came rushing back, "You? YOU!"