• Published 28th Feb 2019
  • 568 Views, 4 Comments

Don't be the end. - TwiPON3

  • ...
8
 4
 568

It Helps to Talk About It

Celestia and Midnight had to leave the room so a few doctors could work with Luna, leaving the two with no choice other than to retire to the waiting room for the time.

"When you were ours," Celestia said, shifting in yet another uncomfortable chair, "Luna spent so much time with you. Do you think she could've..."

"No," he replied flatly, leaning his head on her shoulder, "No chance in hell. We always shared stories, so if she would've done that, it would've been before her high school graduation. Da bastuds."

"That's good."

"Plus I've always seen her and this girl we used to pwn having fun all the time. She wasn't faking that, it was genuine," Midnight continued, "What brought that on?"

"When we were younger- wait, has Luna told you her story?"

"The one about being different and having autism?"

"Yeah."

"That's... how she got me to start talking to you and her, then I told her about me, and I never felt like I could open up to you until I got my hands on some of Luna's beer... which was a fun night for us all..."

There were several moments of uncomfortable tension filling the air.

"So... what did you two like to do together?"

"Well, there's the retro game consoles, me bringing her home when she was shit-drunk sometimes, always a fun time, then there was when Sunset would come over and would talk about another world over dinner," Midnight shuddered at the memory of some of those nights spent eating at the same table and sleeping under the same roof as what he considered, after some things he fell victim to, Hell's Daughter, "I was jealous when you two started acting all 'mother-daughter' around each other because Luna and I never had that. We were more like best friends or siblings. If she dies..." Midnight began to lose his composure, "If she dies, you'll be all I have left of her."

Celestia now had tears running down her face as well.

A few minutes later, Sunburst and Starlight came in, bringing Sunset with them.

"Hey guys, we're back with... the..." Sunburst said, seeing Midnight and Celestia crying.

Celestia looked up as Sunburst sat next to Seth.

"Sunset," she said, "We need to talk."

For a few moments, Sunset was taken aback by this until she took a look at the scene around her.


Celestia was cooking dinner for the four of them, Sunset was reading, and Luna and Seth were pwning people on XBOX Live.

"C'me on, Luna! Lefty can't hold it forever, even if I will!"

Several rounds of gunfire went off in the virtual world on their 36-inch screen.

"You fucking degenerates!!!" Luna yelled as her character, then Seth's, was shot and killed, "Dammit!"

"Luna!!" Celestia said, "Get in here, now!!"

When she got up, she saw Midnight looking mischeviously at his laptop.

"Leave the trolling to me while you're gone."

"Record 'em if you can."

"You got it," he said, showing a toothy grin.

A minute later, while Luna was being chewed out, Sunset went into the livingroom.

"Hey," she said, confident that she could pull her plan off.

"Hiya."

"So, what are you doing?"

"Pre-dinner fun."

"Like what?"

"Stay and I'll show you."

Sunset stayed for a few minutes.

"You'll never have a family that gives a fuck about you," Sunset said quietly, making him lock up, "Celestia and Luna are only doing this so your miserable bloodsucking ass won't feel so bad. You have nobody and you are nobody."

Over the course of ten seconds, Midnight went from being content with everything and everyone to near-depressed, just staring into space at the direction of his laptop panel, hands on the couch.

Is she right? Midnight wondered as Luna came in, Sunset putting on her facade again, Am I really just a bloodsucking murderer?

"You two, it's time for- Midnight, are you okay?" Luna said, seeing the scene as Sunset walked into the kitchen.

"You won't leave me, will you?"

"I won't," Luna replied, sitting down next to him, prompting him to look the opposite direction.

"Mm," he replied.

"Hungry?"

"Mm."

"Celestia made hamburgers."

He laid down on the couch, "Go ahead."

"C'me on," she said, helping him up and to the table, "You don't have anything like that to worry about."


"Why?" Celestia asked.

"She didn't know," Midnight said, "She couldn't have known."

"I knew," Sunset said, lowering her head.

"You couldn't-"

"I found out and knew you'd be an easy target."

A few moments of silence surrounded them.

"...Fuck off..."

Sunset and Celestia were taken aback by this.

"Fuck. Off. Dammit," he repeated, standing up.

"Midnight, let's go eat in the cafeteria," Sunburst said, gathering Seth's things and leading him out of the waiting room.

When they finally made it to the cafeteria and sat down to eat, Sunburst could virtually see Midnight killing someone."

"Wh-"

"That hot-headed, alien-horse, bitchy motherfucker better be gone when we go back."

They were on thin ice.

Meanwhile in the waiting room, Celestia kept prodding Sunset for why she did what she did.

"Celestia, I was just a bitch then-"

"Sunset, I don't care. How you found out what happened to him is one thing, but for you to make him feel more miserable about it is another," Celestia interrupted, "And don't give me that about you were terrible then. We know that now."

"What should I do?"

"Probably leave for a bit before he comes back," Starlight said, "You saw how mad he was."

Author's Note:

After a decent amount of thought, I've decided to play with the idea of Sunset being in the human world for longer than a couple of years. I'm gonna do two timelines out of three ideas, so I'm gonna see where I go with this and for how long.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment