• Published 20th Feb 2019
  • 4,002 Views, 149 Comments

The Fifth Holy Grail War: A Pony's Perspective - Evowizard25



Twilight finds herself stuck in a bloody conflict the likes she never could have imagined. Thankfully, she's got a cute boy to help her out.

  • ...
5
 149
 4,002

School Day

Most people would be nervous and spiteful if they were forced to go back to school, especially high school. It was a nerve wracking and agitating time of one's life, especially if one had to relieve those days. Twilight was not one of those people. In fact, she eagerly skipped to her class to learn as much as she could. Perhaps it was because of her sheltered upbringing that she wasn't exposed to the worst parts of school or she just love learning. Probably both. This was a perfect opportunity for her as well to learn as much as she could about these humans.

It would be astounding if she could bring back some new technology or piece of knowledge back to her own world. Then she could share it with everyone. Perhaps she'd even write a book about it so they would understand where she was coming from. Books were the best way to understand the world around them. That was a fact. Why, she wouldn't know what she'd do if there were no books. She'd go mad. Thankfully there were some. Shirou even had to drag her away from the school library just so they could make it to class on time. Twilight understood where he was coming from. She had never been late before. She was a straight A student for a reason.

However, that didn't mean she didn't hate the fact that she couldn't just spend every waking moment in the library. Hopefully she could find a local one in the city. Those should be rather big and full of all sorts of knowledge. Not to mention the teachers would give her all sorts of information. As well as mannerisms and traditions of the local populace. While she hadn't really gone outside of Equestria much at all, her readings had told her that different areas contained their own sets of dos and don'ts. She just would need to be careful to avoid the 'don'ts'.

Shirou noted the big smile on his face, "You seem awfully happy."

"It's my first day after all," Twilight said. "I can't wait to learn more about this country. I've always wanted to visit a place like this but never had the time."

"Oh? Don't get out much?"

"Oh I get out a lot," Twilight waved off his question. "It's just it's always in my country and I mostly just stay in my hometown or the capital."

Shirou nodded, "I see. Well I'm glad you're happy to learn more about Japan. If you have any questions, ask me. We've had a few foreigners fumble about when they first arrive so I don't want to see the same thing happen to you."

Twilight gave him a thumbs up, "You've got it. I just hope I can get along with the other students."

"Oh don't worry about it," Shirou smiled, which did calm Twilight down. She noted that her cheeks felt warm when she looked at his smile. "They'll love you. Trust me. You're a likable girl."

Twilight nervously moved her hand up and giggled, playing with her hair. "Yeah, likable. Like you."

"I try," Shirou said before the duo finally made it to their classroom.

The moment the duo made it inside, Twilight instantly found herself in a familiar problem. Her hand, something that she still found odd to have, was inside another person's hand and being shaked like there was no tomorrow. The only reason she didn't react to it is because of Pinkie Pie. One tended to get used to surprises when you lived with a mare like her.

"Welcome!" The bright and bubbly woman spoke. "I'm so glad to meet our new student. Issei told me about you before he headed off to his class." She zipped Twilight in front of the others, "Hey everyone. Meet your new student, Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight was frozen in place. Not just because she was a socially backward mare who tended to not do so well in front of a ton of people, but also because of this woman. She was just so like Pinkie that it was scary. She even talked like her. If she turns out to be this world's Pinkie Pie, Twilight… didn't know what she'd do. She liked PInkie Pie but she tended to note that she also found her annoying. Out of all her friends, Pinkie was the one she found herself spending the least amount of time with. Still a good friend mind you, but not one she could spend all day with. She hoped this new woman wouldn't be as bad.

"Ehehehe," Twilight awkwardly laughed as an equally awkward smile broke out across her face. "Umm, nice to meet you all?"

"Why don't you have a seat right over there beside Shirou," the woman said before she gasped. "I almost forgot to introduce myself. I'm Taiga Fujimura. I'll be your teacher today," she smirked at Shirou. "And if your play your cards right, you can call me big sister~"

Twilight blinked in confusion, "Big sister?" Her head tilted to the side.

Shirou just rolled his eyes and gently pushed Twilight along, "Come on. She's just messing with you."

Just as the two sat down, another pair of students walked in. The first one was a beautiful young woman with long light purple hair. Nothing out of the ordinary although Twilight noted that she looked more like herself in facial construction then the locals. It was the other person who caught her interest. Her eyes widened as she saw the same curly red and yellow hair from earlier. Upon her face was also the exact same cocky expression. This was it. This was the person who stole her crown. She just knew it.

Which was why she wanted to tear out her hair because confronting her in a classroom was out of the question. She was going to learn about this world, damnit. Also, other people could get hurt if a fight broke out. She'd just have to confront her after class.

"Oh?" Taiga said as she looked at the purple haired girl. "Another new student?"

"I guess you weren't informed, Miss Fujimura." Sunset smirked as she crossed her arms. "This is a transfer student and a close friend of mine from my home country. Her name's Mei Day."

'Mei Day' smiled, "It is nice to meet you, Miss Fujimura." Mei gave a small squeak of surprise when Taiga caught her hand in her own and shook it violently.

"And it is nice to meet you too," Taiga smiled. "I hope you enjoy your stay here in Japan."

"I'm sure I will," Mei smiled and followed Sunset.

Sunset stopped before Twilight and quirked an eyebrow. Twilight had to stop herself from confronting the woman right then and there, "What are you doing?"

Twilight blinked in confusion, "Ummm, sitting?"

"That's my spot," Sunset scowled. "I always sit by Shirou."

"Shimmer,," Shirou spoke up. "She's new here. I've been helping out to try and get her accustomed to the school. So maybe it's best she has this seat today. We can always hang out later."

"Hmph," Sunset crossed her arms and looked away. "It's just like you to play peacemaker, Shirou. I'll let her take that seat but listen up new girl. Don't try anything funny with Shirou, do you hear me? He's too nice for his own good." She stormed off with a confused Mei Day in toe.

"Don't worry about her," Shirou said. "She may act tough, but she's a good person at heart."

Twilight honestly doubted that. While she did like to think the best of ponies, she has met those vile to the core. Sombra came to mind. Discord sort of did. Even if he was 'reformed' she still didn't trust him. She still however would offer Sunset a friendly hand once this was over, but getting the crown away from her was a prerogative. She just needed to find a way to do it.


Class had gone swimmingly with all things considered. She had learned quite a bit about this world in just a short amount of time. She was just thankful they were going over history today. Hearing about the samurai was really interesting and a bit disturbing. The thought of constantly fighting your neighbors and actually killing them made her skin crawl. It reminded her of the old tales of before Equestria unified. How the three tribes would fight sometimes. Whether it be the Earths striking back at the other tribes pushing them around or the Pegasi and Unicorns fighting over ground and power. It was sad to think about. Thankfully it seemed that both Japan and Equestria became unified and stopped the fighting.

Perhaps Japan and Equestria had a lot more in common than she thought. Ooooh, maybe they could become allies. The thought of the information and technology they could share just made her giddy.

The only issue with that was Sunset Shimmer. She hadn't been able to confront her yet. Class was more important at the moment. That and she didn't want to cause a scene. No doubt Sunset's connections here would make her seem like the bad guy if she struck out against her. Sunset's use of the crown could harm civilians and any chance of an alliance with Japan would be null and void for a while if ever. A Similar thing happened with the yaks when some were harmed by Sombra before the celestial sisters defeated him. While the Crystal Empire was a nation of itself, it still relied heavily on Equestrian aid and was made up of ponies. Yaks didn't care if there were any differences. They just isolated themselves. Japan could do the same.

So she needed to do this logically. She'd confront her alone so they could talk some heart to heart. Maybe she could appeal to Sunset's better nature. She had to have one. All ponies had one. Well, except for Sombra but he must have been an exception to the rule. Yes, she'd do her best to get on Sunset's side. Maybe they could even be friends.

Her musings were cut short as she rounded the corner. She bumped into someone and they both fell to the ground.

"Ow," a female voice spoke up. "Watch where you're going."

"Sorry," Twilight said as Shirou helped her up. Before her was a brown haired girl that kept it in pigtails. "My mind was elsewhere. That happens a bit too often with me." She chuckled awkwardly and rubbed the back of her head.

"It's my fault," Shirou spoke up. "I'm the one in charge of taking care of her. I should have noticed she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings earlier."

"And there you go, Shirou." The woman sighed and shook her head. "Apologizing when you did nothing wrong. Stop being a white knight for once."

"I'm sorry?" Shirou spoke, unsure of what to say to that.

The woman sighed, "I'm Rin Tohsaka by the way. Nice to meet you." She lent out a hand.

Twilight eagerly took it in hers, "Nice to meet you as well. I hope we can be friends."

Rin pulled her hand back, "Yeah, well. I don't really have much time for new friends right now. Maybe later." She stared at Twilight for a moment. Her eyes widening slightly before narrowing. Then she walked off.

Twilight noted she seemed to have the same disposition as Sunset. Well except for the evil smirking although she wouldn't put it past Rin to have an evil smirk too. Hopefully she could be her friend as well. Rin seemed like the type that could always use another friend to cheer her up.

"I see you've met the wicked witch of the east," Issei sneered as he looked at the retreating visage of Tohsaka. He walked over to the pair. "Watch out for her. She's as bad as the other witch in this school."

"Maybe," Twilight said. "But have you tried being her friend? It might help make her a bit more open to others."

Issei gaped, "Being her friend? I dread the thought of being around that witch for more then a few seconds."

"Issei and Tohsaka's fued goes a long ways back," Shirou spoke up as he lifted a finger to give a small lecture. "I don't know what started it but neither of them will back down."

"I do my best to avoid her," Issei scowled. "But it's become increasingly hard the last couple of years with that Shimmer girl around. Trying to avoid one always puts me on the warpath of the other."

"They aren't out to get you," Shirou said. Issei just gave him a deadpan stare which made Shirou flinch. "Okay, maybe a bit."

"This sounds like a friendship problem," Twilight rubbed her chin, trying to think of a way to bring them all together.

"Don't butt in," issei huffed. "Now, how was your first day here?"

Twilight smiled, "Pretty good. There's so much about this country I have to learn. I mean, just today I've seen quite a few parallels with my own country. It's so exciting to see the similarities and differences."

Issei smiled, "That's true enough. Every country has their own quirks but we can all get along."

"Unlike you and the 'witches'," Shirou smirked.

Issei glared at him, "Oh shut up and run back home, will you?"

"Senpai!" Another voice called out to them. They looked over to see a beautiful, purple haired girl walk up to them.

Issei just grinned and elbowed Shirou, "I'll just leave you and your girlfriend alone." He walked off.

Twilight felt a pang of agitation at hearing that. She didn't know why. It was none of her business this cute guy had a girlfriend. Gah! She thought he was cute again. Curse this new body and it's hormones.

"She's not my girlfriend," Shirou mumbled with a huff.

Twilight felt at ease. Again, she reminded herself that was stupid. She was on a mission. There was no time to hang out with cute boys.

"Senpai," the girl gave a small but sweet smile. "Who's she?"

"This is Twilight Sparkle," Shirou gestured to her. "She's the new girl and I volunteered to show her around."

"I see," the girl shyly looked at her. "Ummm, I'm Sakura Matou. It's nice to meet you." She bowed.

Her quiet voice. Shy demeanor. Her niceness and just how cute she was… Was this Fluttershy? It couldn't be. Wrong hair color but then again, parallel universe and all.

"It's nice to meet you too, Sakura." Twilight bowed in return. "I hope we can be friends."

Sakura smiled and pushed a hair behind her ear, "I hope so too."

"So now that school's over," Shirou started. "Where do you live? I'll walk you there."

Twilight's eyes widened as her mouth hung open. She hadn't thought of that. She had just got here and… Oh this was bad. Really bad. She needed to think of something, "Well, I sort of…. Don't have a home here. The transfer was sort of… last minute. So they didn't book a home for me."

Sakura gasped, "That's terrible. Senpai, we have to help her."

Shirou nodded, a determined look in his eyes that made Twilight blush. "You can stay at my house until you get things worked out."

Twilight's eyes widened, "I don't want to impose."

"Sparkle," Shirou said. "I want to help you. I would hate myself if I just left you to fend for yourself."

Twilight fidgeted in place, a bit hot and bothered. Her hand twiddled with a lock of her hair, "Well, if you put it that way. Sure. I can live with you."

Twilight did not catch the angry, but super cute pout on Sakura's face. She was however happy to have someone with good intentions helping her out. A base of operations was also good. With something like this, she could safely scout this world without having to go back through the portal every day. This was perfect.

Now if only she could stop blushing.


Sunset peered around the corner, her teeth grinding against each other. "Who does she think she is? Living with Shirou? He's my personal fixer upper. She can't just come here and take him away."

Caster sighed as she watched her master spy on the trio. Ever since class had started, Sunset had been glaring daggers at Twilight. She knew why. Even with her 'hatred' of humanity, Sunset had a fondness of Shirou. She just would never admit it. It was plain to see really. Medea knew that feeling and look all too well. If Shirou turned out to be anything like Jason though, she'd be happy to kill him like she should have done to the real Jason. "Sunset, he is none of our concern. Neither is that girl. We have to focus on the war."

"I know," Sunset snarled. "But there's something fishy about her. Do you detect-"

"She's a mage like you," Caster said. "Almost feels like yours as well."

"So she might be from my world?" Sunset felt her temper rise then she grinned. "It's that perky princess isn't it? She thinks she can barge right into this conflict and take back her crown. Ohohoho, this is good. I get to win this war, take the crown, and rub that thief's nose into the dirt. Oh if only Celestia was here to see this. Then it would be perfect." She rubbed her hands together as she cackled.

Caster rolled her eyes and started to push her away, "How about we take this conversation home. We don't want anyone hearing this."

Sunset pouted but nodded, "True. While using magic to manipulate the school board into accepting you wasn't that much, I'd rather face any competition at full strength. Seems our trick might have worked a bit too well if they are so happy to see Twilight here too."

Caster smirked, "I guess we're just too good."

Sunset returned it, "I'm so lucky to have you as a servant."

Author's Note:

Yeah, looking at it, there are some characters that really do parallel Twi's group of friends in this world. It's fun to write the similarities and differences, which is something I did wish the EQG movie did instead of just going with human Fluttershy and the like.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I can't wait to read your feedback. Comments really do help with the flow of the chapters. Until next time, take care.