• Published 15th May 2019
  • 230 Views, 3 Comments

Strings of Trouble & Sweet Shocker - The REAL Mister Pkmn



Lyra with Troubleshoes, BonBon with Thunderlane. This should be fun.

  • ...
 3
 230

To Explore the Blossoming Emotions

Lyra

Before she entered the Appaloosa Hospital, Lyra came to her senses and shook off the stallion’s dragging hoof. She looked at him once more, and tried to calm herself down. “Um, thanks for your concern. I’m fine, really.” Her heart was beating faster than normal, but she had to keep her composure. If this truly was what she thought it was, she had to ensure to not go too fast with it. She cleared her throat, and tried to talk to him again. “I’m Lyra Heartstrings. I’m just visiting from Ponyville. Could you please show me around town?”

The concerned look on the stallion’s face had not faded as he stared at Lyra. He clearly was thinking that she was being strange, but after a while he sighed. “If you insist, sure. My name is Troubleshoes, and I’ll show you around.” He turned away from the hospital and started walking. Lyra tried to keep her composure as she followed Troubleshoes through town. He first showed her the Inn, then he showed her around some of the shops. However, she started to tune out what he was saying. How had she gotten this lucky? Her first jaunt into town, and she already found a promising guy. She wasn’t sure exactly why she was drawn to him, but she had to find out more about him. She realized that he was staring at her again as they stood outside a particular restaurant. “Are you sure that you’re quite alright, miss?”

She shook herself out of her thoughts and replied, a little embarrassed. “Ah! Yes, I’m just a bit famished. Do you want to grab a bite to eat together?” Just as the words left her mouth, she panicked, and tried to come up with a reasonable excuse. “Just, so I can, you know, thank you for showing me around!”

Troubleshoes shrugged and didn’t really question it. He followed Lyra into the restaurant. The two of them took a seat and waited for the waiter. Lyra felt butterflies in her stomach, but this is what she needed right now. A new experience with somebody, to see if they clicked. Her nerves were shot as the waiter approached the table. “So, what can I get for you two today?”

Lyra barely gave a consideration to the menu as she chose. “I’ll have some Apple Juice and an order of your Double Hayburger.”

Trouble Shoes chuckled, and spoke to the waiter. “I’ll have the usual, a Cider and Double Cheeseburger.”

BonBon

BonBon came back to reality before she was about to be set up with an appointment with a doctor. She pried herself away from the stallion, trying to hide her blush with anger. “I-I’m fine, thank you. This is just blowing things out of proportion.” However as she looked back she just couldn’t bring herself to look into his eyes full of concern. Why was she feeling this way towards somebody that she had only just met? To top it off, it was a stallion. She’d never had feelings for one before outside of friendship, so this was new territory for her. She shook herself off as she focused on the situation at hoof- making sure this guy wasn’t too weirded out by her. She gingerly outstretched a hoof. “I’m BonBon. I came from Ponyville in order to see Princess Cadence.”

Tring to push aside his wariness, the pegasus stallion decided to shake her hoof. “Thunderlane. I think I’ve seen you around before, actually. Always with your BFF Lyra, right? You two were so inseparable.” He looked over her shoulder, then back to her. “I see you’re here alone, though. May I ask why?”

BonBon was sweating bullets. How was she supposed to broach that question? She could just brush it off, she supposed. “I don’t see how that’s relevant to you. Lyra and I aren’t always together, you know. We do have our own lives, after all.”

For what seemed like forever, she felt his eyes judging her as he analyzed her answer. But just as quickly as it started, it stopped when he chuckled lightly. “Alright, I suppose you’re right. It isn’t really my business.” He shook his head. “You do seem better than when I barreled into you earlier, thank goodness. So that’s good.”

BonBon let out a quiet sigh. She wasn’t sure why this was happening, but she had come this far. The question though, was what to do about it. She was still a bit addled and confused about what was going on. Should she still go to see Cadence? Was it better for her to go along with Thunderlane and figure out these feelings of hers? She took a moment to think about it, then made her choice. “Well, it was nice seeing you here, but…”

She was then betrayed by her stomach rumbling. Thunderlane chuckled somewhat as a blush spread upon Bon Bon’s face. “Hey, I know a great place to eat around here. Do you mind coming along?” Defeated, BonBon shook her head. Thunderlane motioned his right wing to beckon as he started moving. “Well, let’s get going then! I promise, it’ll be the best food you’ve had in a while.”

Muttering about her stomach’s betrayal, she started to follow. She didn’t want to feel too awkward, so she soon caught up to walk in tandem. She may have feelings for the guy, but she didn’t want to be caught staring. It wasn’t very long before they arrived. They sat at the table to wait, and BonBon’s nerves went through the roof. Should she really be doing this? Shouldn’t she have gone to consult with Cadence first? She was knocked out of her worries when the waiter asked for her order. She perused the menu for a bit before coming to a decision. “I’ll have the Crystal Guava Juice and an order of Caesar Salad.”

Thunderlane nodded at the waiter. “I’ll have the same, thanks. Hold the onions.”

To be continued in the next chapter…

Author's Note:

Well, it's set up for the next chapter. Sorry to cut it abruptly at that part, though. I'll continue right from where it left off next chapter.

Comments ( 1 )

Well it looks like things are going very smoothly for both of them and it looks like they are really liking their guys hopefully whatever the dates go I really hope this story does continue on I would like to see how this will go

Login or register to comment