• Published 20th Feb 2019
  • 346 Views, 0 Comments

It's Hard All over Sometimes - Hopedruid

  • ...
 0
 346

Chapter 2

Octavia and Vinyl's house was nearby and they were gone most every weekend. They kept their door unlocked, partially because there was no real crime in Ponyvile and partially because Vinyl actually liked the idea of people using it when they were away.

"Pretty weird to me but whatever floats her boat." The pink mare said.

"Uh...Pinkie are you talking to somebody?" She asked.

"Yeah, just the omniscient third person narrator. He's an amateur but he is doing pretty well so far." Pinkie said, nodding sagely.

"I...see." Cherlie asked, not really seeing at all.

"So what's got you down Cheerlie. I love cheering people up and you have such a cheery name and spend your time with alot of cool fillies and colts so I just have to know so that maybe I can help." Pinkie blabbed.

"I don't know...just everything I guess," Cheerlie said with a sigh. Pinkie gave her a questioning look.

"Not that I don't like my life. I love my job as a teacher and the class I have for the most part is wonderful. But my class is in it's middle years. They are...exhausting. Meanwhile, I haven't had a date in ages. You know when the last time I had a good rut? Forever. Mayor Mare is on my rump about testing. I haven't gotten a chance to visit my family for a solid year and I am pretty sure the politics of this town is going to kill me." Cheerlie said.

"Well...alot of that stuff is over my head. Pretty sure Twilight and Rarity can help you with the politics and junk. I can help you with one thing though." Pinkie said, she moved a bit closer. Cheerlie had gotten used to Pinkie invading her personal space, that seemed to be just her, Pinkie had no personal space of her own.

"Uh...what's th-hmf." Cheerlie starterd before Pinkies lips smashed against her own. Cheerlie withdrew very quickly.

"Pinkie what in Tarturus' name are you doing?" Cheerlie asked.

"Helping. You said it has been a while since you rutted with another pony. I am pretty much always in the mood for some fun, so I decided why not? It would help us both out right?" Pinkie said, desperate to do something about these feelings.

"Yeah. So I've heard." Cheerlie mumbled. Everybody knew that Pinkie Pie got around alot. "Pinkie...I am sorry but I am just not into other mares like that. I mean I experimented at university like everyone does but it just wasn't for me. Sorry." Cheerlie said gently.

"Oh...well I mean a tongue is a tongue right? You can think of some handsome stallion while I give you some love. I don't mind." Pinkie said.

"I...I do actually though Pinkie. There is a whole host of reasons that we shouldn't sleep with each other. Safety being one of them." Cheerlie said.

"Is this that STD crap again? Twilight lectures me about it a lot too. I like sex but that doesn't mean I am an idiot. I am as clean as a whistle. Ask Nurse Redheart if you need to." Pinkie said.

"No I wasn't-that wasn't-I wasn't even thinking about-Look Pinkie I mean safety as in our jobs and potentially our lives. You are associated with the Cakes and while they are lovely people the interests that represnet them in Canterlot are not. Forces are at work here Pinkie. Though that is not the main point. Mainly it is because I don't want to." Cheerlie said firmly but gently.

"Aww. You can't blame a mare for trying. You are very pretty Miss Cheerlie." Pinkie said. She blushed a little, mare or not she was not used to receiving such genuine compliments from ponies her own age.

"Thanks, Pinkie I appreciate the compliment. Now, you have heard from me, what seems to be bothering you?" Cheerlie asked, teacherly concern leaking in.

"Oh...well I had a bit of a disagreement with a friend. It had been a while since we spent alone time together so I wanted her to take the day off. She had really important things to do though so I was just being selfish." Pinkie said, deflating at the recollection of it.

"There is nothing wrong with being a little selfish from time to time Pinkie. In fact it is a good thing in the right amounts." Cheerlie said.

"R-really?" Pinkie asked.

"Yes. You spend all of your time making other ponies happy. Taking some time for yourself isn't a horrible thing, nor is asking someone to do something for you. I am sure if you tell this friend how you feel they will be glad to make it up to you." Cheerlie said.

"But...making other ponies happy is what makes me happy. Don't you think that's selfish?" Pinkie said.

"That's literally the definition of a good person, one who is happy by making others happy. Altruism...that is doing good things for others works wonders for both parties. " Cheerlie said.

"Thank you so much Cheerlie I feel a little better now. I am going to have to go though, kinda want to do something for myself." Pinkie said cheerfully and left.

"See you Pinkie." The teacher said as she gazed around Octavia and Vinyl's place. It seemed so schizophrenic, one side orderly and the other a slobish chaos. Reminded her of university. She sighed and left, though not before a little snooping.

This time Pinkie Pie was a bit more satisfied. She had finally been convinced that she wasn't bad just because she asked Rainbow to skip work. Then she noticed two very familiar faces.

"Lyyyyra! That's an absolutely terrible thing to say." Bon Bon said, seeming a bit put off.

"Come on sweetie, it's not like everypony wasn't thinking it." Her lover replied with a shrug.

"Lyra, what am I going to do with you?" Bon Bon said.

"I don't know...maybe tie me up, spank me, say I've been a bad, bad mare?" Lyra said with a smile.

"Lyra! We're in public. Other ponies can hear us." Bon Bon said, scandalized.

"Yeah, and everypony and their mother knows we're a couple. You really need to stop it with your guilt Bon Bon. There is absolutely nothing wrong with our sexuality." Lyra said.

"For Celestia's sake I know that! It's just I don't want our love life advertised in front of the whole town." Bon Bon said in an irritated town.

"There is nopony here. It's pouring ok. Nopony in their right mind would be just hanging around outside." Lyra said.

"Oh really? Then what is that? An oddly shaped bush?" Bon Bon said pointing at Pinkie.

"I said nopony in their right mind. I wasn't exactly off the mark." Lyra said.

"Lyra, that is incredibly rude. Hello Pinkie, sorry for my friend here's lack of social graces." Bon Bon said.

"Hmph, friend." Lyra said with an eye roll.

"No problem girls. I was just heading back to Sugar Cube Corner. Had alot on my mind so I had to go see Twilight." Pinkie said.

"Oh really? What did you have on your mind?" Bon Bon asked.

"Well, I sorta had a bit of an argument thing with Dashie." Pinkie said.

"Know how that goes. She go on and on nagging and fussing at you?" Lyra said.

"Lyra, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie are just friends. Now, what was the argument about?" Bon Bon asked.

"I wanted her to stay and hang out with me. It's been a while since we did something alone together." Pinkie replied.

"Tell me about it. Some days I just want to stay home and relax and Bon Bon is all like,"I have to go take care of the candy store." she has no sense of adventure." Lyra said with an affectionate shake of the head.

"I am right here you know." Bon Bon said with an equally affectionate sigh. "Are you ok now Pinkie?" She asked.

"Yeah, I am much better! Seeing you guys here today made me really happy for some reason." Pinkie said with a giggle.

"Aw. That's sweet." Bon Bon said. Lyra looked confused for a moment then smirked.

"I think you should probably talk to Rainbow Dash soon, probably after you've spent some time...thinking about what your friendship means to you. If you need to talk feel free to come to us." Lyra said, looking oddly satisfied.

"Uh...ok Lyra. See you two later." Pinkie said, slightly weirded out but still happy. There was something about the two of them together that felt...right. She had always thought the couple had been cool but recently she had started looking up to them. Which was kinda weird. Besides the Cakes and her parents she had never really seriously admired someone before. But now..she kinda wished she had something like they did.

Woah...now that was a distinctly Doubleplus UnPinkie thought. Bon Bon and Lyra were a couple in love with each other. While Pinkie had entertained mushy, romantic thoughts on occasion, she had never seriously considered a romantic relationship for her. And they were Monogamous too! The idea of confining herself to one pony for all of eternity made her shudder.

She couldn't want what they had. But maybe...she wanted something like it? Somepony she felt deep feelings for, living with and spending time together. Something stable in the chaos of her life. She supposed that did sound nice.

Pinkie spent the rest of the day in her room. The Cakes on their part mostly left her alone. The party pony had alot to ponder. What were these weird feelings? Whenever she thought about Rainbow Dash she felt...frustrated maybe? And worried? Definitely worried...but also really, really happy and a bit sad all at once. What could that even mean? Maybe she should have asked Twilight about it but...even the idea of voicing those feelings out loud made her scared.

Later that night she heard a knock at the door. The Cakes had closed not that long ago and were currently in bed for as long as their infant children would allow them to sleep. Pinkie correctly assumed that meant it must be for her. Creeping down the stairs and opening the door revealed the source of all this tension.

"Dashie!" Pinkie said as she hugged the cyan coated mare at her door. She felt a tingle throughout her entire body.

"Hey Pinkie. What's up?" Rainbow said, in an attempt at casualness.

"Nothing much. Today was pretty weird. Like absolutely nothing happened." Pinkie said.

"Ha. Guess that is weird around here. Anyway I am sorry about the whole thing this morning." She said.

"You don't have anything to apologize for. It's me who should...I should have understood how important your job was. I'm sorry." Pinkie said.

"Well I was thinking...since I am off of work tomorrow we could hang out tonight, just the two of us." Rainbow said.

"That sounds amazing! But I am actually pretty tired...maybe we could hang out tomorrow." Pinkie said, while it was true that she did feel tired she didn't know why she said that. Usually, she would have accepted right away.

"Even better. That way we don't have to worry about waking everypony up. See you then Pinkie." Rainbow said.

"Ok see ya. Hey...wait Rainbow Dash!" Pinkie called out.

"Yeah?" The rainbow maned pegasus said, turning around.

"I wanted to say...your friendship is super important to me." Pinkie said. Rainbow grinned.

"Right back at ya buddy."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment