• Published 19th Feb 2019
  • 1,873 Views, 46 Comments

Suddenly, Fluttershy - Nehem



What happens when you suddenly have to help a pony that no one can know about?

  • ...
6
 46
 1,873

Chapter 1 - A Restless Night

Life can be pretty monotonous. Shifts at work get completed, days end and new ones begin, and events from the previous day repeat themselves without any acknowledgement of the fact that for the past few years, those events are the only things that have been happening. This is what your life is like. However, that’s not really a bad thing.

You know what to expect, which is always nice. Fun things still happen, and life has yet to lose its luster for you like it has for other members of the population. But enough reflection on your self imposed life of monotony, there are many unexplored pages of the internet that have yet to be taken in by your tired eyes!

Yes, though your day was average, you can’t seem to keep your eyes open while you sit at your computer and partake in your nightly ritual of internet browsing. The current site that you are looking at is one that some people wouldn’t normally go near for a long list of reasons; even less people that regularly visit this website would visit the section of it that you do for even more reasons.

The website in question? A group of image boards, each one dedicated to a certain topic. The one that you are currently on is dedicated to a cartoon about colorful talking horses learning about friendship. Yup, that show. My Little Pony. As emasculating as it felt at first, the show is a nice way to pass the time, as is participating in the faggotry of this board. Though your brain begs you to curl up in your bed right now, you want to at least check out a little bit of what’s going on here before you do.

Yawning, you begin lazily scrolling through the vast array of threads. There isn’t much new content tonight. All there is is the usual shitposting, complaints that the show is bad now, and threads that have been posted at least fifty times before. One however, sticks out to you.

It has no style.

It has no grace...

Actually, it looks kinda shitty now that you think about it.

You decide to investigate it anyway. Torturing yourself by staying awake longer than you really want to is one of the defining aspects of your character. After clicking on the thread, you begin to read what the opening post says. You go on to read what is printed on the screen once the page has loaded in.

"You have 2 choices.

Option one: You are sent to equestria. You are the only one of your kind and are easily accepted. You become friends with all the ponies you ever wanted and live an easy life. The catch is sex does not exist. You will still have your junk but they won't have anything. You can't convince them to or do anything sexual to them. You will be sent back to earth. You will only ever be friends with ponies

Option 2: Your favorite pony is sent to you on earth. Scared and tired. She will be confused and irrational for a while but in time she will grow on you. No one but you can know that she exists in this world. If even one other person finds out, she will be taken away and it will be the last you ever see of her and you will never know what happened to her. Sex exists and she will fall for you in a short time and soon thereafter will fall in love with you. She won't know that the reason she can't see her friends anymore is because you made a choice. You can choose to tell her one day, but that is your decision.

What is your choice?"

Neither of these seem to be too appealing. You start to ponder the two choices given by the anonymous person. They never said you could choose not to choose, but what if you were forced to decide between those two options with no way out?

Well, you’ve built up quite a nice life here, and if you were to have to start over again in a new world, that’d be quite the pain in the ass. Sure, Equestria is a land of opportunity, but you already have friends, family, and LODS OF EMONE from your job. Okay, maybe not loads, but you’re living nicely, and you like it.

So, you’d either get torn away from everything you’ve worked for, and only have your hand as a way of release for the rest of your life, or you’ll have a new roommate that couldn’t buy their own food. They’d also be an alien that would have some pretty awkward feelings towards you later on, too. Well, if you wanted to get rid of them, you could just show them to someone. Where would they disappear to, though? The post didn’t specify. It said “Never to be seen again”. Did it mean seen by you? Or any living thing ever?

Thinking a little more on it, this whole situation boils down to "Would you sacrifice your happiness, or someone else's?"

You are putting way too much thought into something so trivial, and at such a late time. Web browsing is supposed to rot your brain away, not make you think this hard! Really, you should just turn this dumb machine off and get some sleep for once.

...What’s the fun in that, though?

Taking the plunge, you type up a reply.

“Option two. All y’all bitches that chose option one are fucking betas that wouldn’t even need to use your cocks even if you were allowed to.”

You look over your masterpiece of a shitpost. Even at this level of sleep deprivation you can tell that the abomination you typed out sounded funnier in your head. Well, it's too late to worry about your attempt at humor, since you apparently already pressed the button to send your reply.

Okay, that's it for the night. You can't keep your eyes open much longer.

You turn off your monitor, walk to your bed, and flop down on it for the night. With the satisfaction of knowing that you’ll be getting a bit more sleep than usual, you quickly drift off into darkness. This already feels like it's going to be a nice rest.


Unfortunately for you, your sleep is cut short by the sudden sound of what sounds like shattering glass from the next room over. Your eyes shoot open, sleep still clouding your mind. As the dark clouds of sleep begin to clear, realization strikes. You live alone, there’s no one else in the house that could make that noise.

Oh shit.

Shit, shit, shit.

You knew this day would come. You knew and yet you still aren’t prepared. Quickly, you slide out of bed, avoiding roughly stomping onto the floor like you usually do. First thing’s first, a decent weapon. You dig through your nightstand drawer until you find what you’re looking for. A revolver, one that your grandfather once owned before passing it on to you. Much like dear old gramps, the firearm is old, worn out, and weak. Luckily, also much like gramps, the thing could still mortally injure someone if used properly.

Now if only you could find the ammo for the damn thing. Looking at your open bedroom door, your heart starts being even faster as you realize there isn’t much time. You’ll just have to hope they’ll run away when they see you have a gun. You grab a flashlight and quietly sneak your way out, attempting to remain as stealthy as possible. The source of the noise came from but a single room away, the living room. Despite the close proximity of your destination, the anticipation of what may happen makes the short trip feel much longer than it really is. You slowly peer around the entrance to the dark room, ready to either shoot, run, or a mixture of the two depending on what you see.

The sight of the room distracts you from trying to find the possible intruder. Or rather, the sight of the room’s wall. Once, a large glass window resided in the center of the western wall. Now, even in the dark you can see there is only a square hole and some menacing looking pieces of sharp glass protruding from the sides. Below it, at the foot of the window surrounded by even more dangerously sharp shards sits a square object. You quickly shine your light on it and see that it is a crate.

Not just some small delivery box you'd get from amazon. A goddamned wooden shipping crate. No wonder your window is in the state it's in. The whole situation is enough to make you not notice that you have been slowly creeping into the room. It isn't until you trip over your own feet that you realize that you've made your way towards the object that has destroyed your window and let the piercing cold air in.

You swiftly fall forward, instinctively using your arms to cushion your fall. Your fall right into the FUCKING GLASS SHARDS.

Dear lord, your arms feel like they are on fucking fire! At least they’ve taken the brunt of the damage, not your torso. Careful as to not agitate your now injuries, you climb to your feet, gun in hand. At least that thing didn't go off when it hit the ground. There's nothing better than adding a gunshot wound to gashes on your wrists. A cold breeze blows through the now broken window, reminding you what a pain it’s going to be to deal with the temperature until it's fixed. Speaking of entry points, you have to get your priorities in order and check the rest of the house for signs of an intruder.

Cursing yourself for your stupidity, you check your flank. Whoever did this could have killed you at least five times while you were making a snow angel in the remains of your broken window.

For the next twenty or so minutes, you scout out your property, checking every place that someone could hide. No matter where you check, you see don’t see anything suspicious. Returning to the site of the supposed break in, you stare again at the crate. Well, before you call the cops, you’d might as well check what’s inside.

Maybe someone just wanted to hide a body and pin it on you. In which case, you probably shouldn’t be handling the evidence. You really should be wearing gloves if you’re gonna do something like this. You’ve just been thinking about how satisfied you are with your life, no need to toss that away just because your curiosity got the best of you. It doesn't take much for you throw that train of thought out of your newly broken window though, as you hear something, something that sounds like movement.

Not movement from within your house though; the movement comes from within the crate in front of you.

What little caution you have left is thrown to the wind as you fling open the lid of the crate, which was apparently never sealed. The sight inside is enough to make you throw the lid back down.

Now THAT is something you weren’t expecting. No, there wasn’t a cut up mess of body parts in it, thank god. The contents aren’t even human; and surprisingly, not mentally scarring. Slowly opening the lid once more, you take in the sight of what lies within. Using your flashlight, you can easily make out its appearance.

Four legs. Pale yellow fur. Butterflies on the ass. A tail made of light pink hair, and a long mane to match. It’s a… pony. A pony that you know from a certain TV show. You let the reality of the situation sink in. No, you aren’t dreaming. The glass digging into your arms is still raising enough hell in your pain receptors to let you know that. You are currently face to face with Fluttershy.

She looks just like she does in the cartoon. Exactly like the cartoon. Outline, hardly any texture, everything that breaks the laws of reality. You start looking around in the cold night air, hoping that the universe isn’t starting to crumble apart. Well, you aren’t flying up towards your ceiling, and there’s no bright white light emerging from cracks in the fabric of reality, so you suppose that everything is holding together for right now.

Steeling yourself, you look back over to examine the pegasus once more. Her eyes are closed. Is she dead? It’s hard to hear if she’s breathing or not. Well, only one way to find out. Slowly you extend your hand, somewhat nervous about actually touching the pony. You immediately feel warmth when your hand finally makes contact with her side. Before long you also feel the sensation of her chest rising and falling with her breathing.

Good sign. You won’t have to bury any bodies tomorrow, then. Another cold breeze reminds you that you are completely exposed to the outside weather. Seriously, spring is almost here, why does it still look and feel like winter? Whatever, you’ve got a box to lug back to your room. Sure, you may not exactly be pleased with the whole turn of events, but you aren’t going to just leave a living thing out to be exposed to the elements.

Okay, so you don’t take in every homeless person you pass on the street, but that’s different. They aren't cute colorful talking animals. Crouching down, you slide your hands under the crate, careful to not touch any glass that may lie beneath it. It isn’t all that difficult to lift it up, and before too long, you arrive back in your room. Despite checking the house, and obvious signs hinting that this wasn’t any ordinary break in, you can’t help but feel nervous.

Questions run through your mind, the most obvious being “how?”, and “why?”. You watch a TV show, and somehow one of the main characters appears in the same place as you. This was either one hell of a coincidence, or you entered and won the horsefucker lottery without even wanting to. You yawn. This thing is going to be something to investigate in the morning. In the meantime, you notice the unconscious equine next to you begin to quiver. Without thinking, you extend your arm towards the pegasus and start rubbing her back.

Within seconds, the shaking subsides. You find yourself letting out a small chuckle at the sight. For what feels like the first time today, you let out a breath and speak.

“This… is gonna be an interesting day.”

Author's Note:

So, I decided to do this. Maybe I'll actually be able to finish it.

EDIT 11-30-2019: