• Published 21st Feb 2019
  • 2,695 Views, 72 Comments

Hard Landing - Flash_Game

  • ...
10
 72
 2,695

10 Blessing

Author's Note:

I should have probably mentioned this sooner, sorry guys
This is the color code I'll be using when dealing with the mane six together (includes Rick):

Princess Clestia
Princess Luna
Twilight Sparkle
Applejack
Rainbow Dash
Rarity
Fluttershy
Pinkie Pie
Spike
Rick
Luis

EDIT (07/12/21)
-Grammar
-Punctiation
-Colour
-Removed Macguffin
-Changed Characterization (minimal)

Chapter 10
Blessing

I ran all the way from the Everfree to the library across town, just because Rick my be dying right this moment. I got to the library and immediately headed for the basement door, it was still locked. I took a quick glance at my inventory for a lockpick or a bobby pin, but had nothing. I started to look for anything to force the lock, making my way to the main bedroom.


I open the top drawer of the workdesk and find a few quills, "This will have to do," I run back down stairs to the basement door. I look at it, "Hope this works" I insert two quills into the keyhole and start messing with one of them keeping a light pressure on the other.

*click*

I open the door and head down, almost tripping in the process. At the bottom of the stairs there is another door, I try to open it, It wasn't locked, good

I open the door an see another set of stairs, but this time in an open room, with no railing. On the floor I see Rick lying down under a blanket. I jump off the side landing hard on my legs, taking some damage, and approach Rick, I slowly remove the blanket, I hope It isn't too bad...

I close my eyes and yank the blanket off. I carefully open my eyes, Aaaand he's bound by a rope... great

"Luis!" I turn to face the door way and see Twilight a bit winded. I turn back to Rick and start looking for a knot, "How did you open the door? I magically locked it!"

"I picked the lock," I move to the other side of Rick and see the knot, "Found you!" I begin to undo the knot

"What are you doing!?? He might attack you again!" I think he might attack you, if I'm bi\eing honest, Twilight. Since you shot him and all

"Look, I made a really important discovery today," Damn you knot, "As it turns out, what you call 'magic' we call 'radiation'; that's when an atom breaks down it radiates electrons, protons, etc, and that can cause serious damage to the human body," I think I got the knot now, "The most immediate symptom would be blistering of the skin, and then nausea, then the body itself starts to break down leading to internal bleeding and organ failure, and eventually death," I finally undo the knot and start loosening the rope, "I don't want to loose my only friend, ok?!"

I see a pair of purple hands reach for the rope on the other side, "Let me help you," I nod

We finally get the rope off Rick and I reach for the bottom of his shirt and lift it, exposing the side that recieved the impact, ...nothing... huh... I then look at his other side, Maybe he isn't affected by magic? Or maybe it hasn't been long enough?

"I don't see anything wrong with him. Except that he's furless" She probably thought I wouldn't be able to hear that last part

I start looking through my inventory to see if I have anything to get like a medical check-up on him, but obviously I have nothing. Then I get an idea and take off my pip-boy to put it on Rick. As soon as it finishes booting up, a message pops up, "Authorized user not detected. Only displaying vitals..."

"So. Are you going to tell me about that now?" As the scanner boots up I look at Twilight With her so close I can see she doesn't have a normal horse coat, it looks softer... like cat fur almost... interesting- NO! consentrate! Rick might be dying here!!

"It's a pip-boy, a Personal Information Processor. It can keep track of invetory and other stuff, like a journal, but it works more like the video game more than the lore. Anyways, it can also show the physical condition of the one wearing it and ,becasue it works like in the video game, my skills, abilities and the like," The little message finally gois away and the stats screen loads, "Let's see here.." 96 of 100, better than expected. Rads... 0 rads... "So I'm the one weak to magic? Motherfucker..."

"What was that?" I immediately face her, Shit! Did she hear me?

"Just that Rick doesn't have radiation in his body," I suffer form radiation and he doesn't and I'm the one who has the videogame powers... video game... "BALANCED GAMEPLAY! Of course. I'm the gamer so... wait I'm player one, he's like an NPC to me and they're immune to radiation in the games..." Fuck me, I'm weaker to magic than I should be because of Fallout!!

"Let me lift the spell" I'm going to guess the one that's keeping him unconscious, Her horn glows slightly for a second and the fades, "There, he should be waking up soon"

"Twilight! Luis! Are you here?"

"We're down here Rainbow Dash!" I look at the door way and Rainbow Dash pops out

"You can call me just Rainbow or Dash, I told you" I remove the pip-boy from Rick

"What about RD?" I put the pip-boy back on and look back at Rainbow

"I guess that works"

"What's with the talking skittles?" We all look at Rick whos already woke up and is leaning on his elbows

"Yeah, they don't know what skittles are, Rick"

"So what is a skittle?" I look at Rainbow

"A type of candy in our world"

"TASTE THE RAINBOW!! Woo hoo!" Well then...

"ANYWAYS..." I look at Rick, "Let's get you out of here"

"HE ALMOST KILLED YOU AND YOU ACT LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED!!?"

Pause for comedic effect, "Basically," I help Rick up and make him lean on my shoulder as we begin walking to the stairs, "Now be carful you were under a spell to keep you unconscious, you might be dizy and definitely confused"

Almost Falling Downstairs Several Times Later

I sit Rick on the center table, I stand next to him. Then the library door opens and The Princesses, and the rest of the mane six enter.

"What is that rufian doing here?"

"This 'rufian', as you put it, is my only friend from my world, and we found ourselves in a very unfavourable position last night. That does not mean he's dangerous, he just had his whole world crash right infront of him when I told him we're stuck here. So he got a little emotional, what of it? Huh?" I feel a hand on my cheek

"You're funny when you're angry," now he's stroking my face, Great! The spell made him drunk!

"And you get touchy when you're drunk" I turn to everyone "I think the spell is reacting weirdly to him, can anyone fix it?"

"Actually, I only partialy lifted the spell...

"Can you remove it, please? I don't want to deal with drunk Rick right now"

"Here, let me do it," Celestia's horn begins to glow with the very familiar gloden colour "There, he shouldn't have any side effects"

Rick's head drops then snaps back up, "What the hell!" then he looks at at everyone in the room "what the hell..." He looks at me

"Let me introduce you to everyone," he nods, I point at Rainbow "That's Rainbow Dash, you can tell by the rainbow mane and the oh so original name"

"Hey! My name is awesome"

"Sure," I say with a dismisive wave, then I point at Rarity, "That's Rarity, the town's seamstress and expert Fashionista," Then to Pinkie Pie, "That's Pinkie Pie, party extraordinaire," then to Applejack, "That's Applejack, she's the jack of all things apple in, probably, all of Equestria," then to Fluttershy, "That right there, hiding behind Applejack, is Fluttershy, she's, well, shy and Ponyville's animal expert," I then lean down to whisper to Rick, "She can talk to animals and has a pet bear, and has 'the stare' so don't make her mad," I then return to my stance and point at Spike, "The baby dragon, yes he's a real dragon, is Spike..." I then point at Twilight "...Twilight Sparkle's assistant. Twilight is the protégé of Princess Celestia," I point at Celestia, "Princess Celestia is the co-ruler of Equestria with her sister-" I point at Luna "-Princess Luna," I then turn to everyone, "Everyone this is Rick"

"So, how am I going to comunicate?" I turn to Rick Right, forgot about that...

"Well... I haven't figured that out yet," I look at Twilight, "Twi I have a little research project for you"

"Twi? Really?" she kinda looks surprised and disapointed at the same time, then her expression changes to excitment, "What's this 'research project' you have?" she's clapping her hands together, now she's definitely excited

"Rick, right here can't understand you, and as you could probably tell, you can't understand him either. So I was thinking since you know so much about magic, you could come up with some sort of translator device or spell or something?" I facepalm and lower my head as I shake it a little, "I don't want to be in the middle being his translator"

Twilight becomes engrossed in thought and starts to murmur to her self, No idea on what she saying... Celestia then walks up to her and puts a hand on her shoulder

"You musn't worry yourself, Twilight," She then looks at me and Rick, "You two could come with us-" she quickly glances at Luna with a smile "-and have our team of mages help"

I look at Rick, "Instead of having just Twilight create a translator, we could have a whole team of wizards help. That sounds better right? And we'll be in the royal palace"

"I guess?" he kind of shrugs, "As long as it doesn't involve getting probed"

I sigh, "Yeah, let's go to Canterlot"

"You mean Camelot?" I look at Rick with an amused face

"Pony world, therefore: horse puns," I look back at the ponies, they all seem to be wandering what Rick said "He asked if I meant Camelot instead of Canterlot ... I guess that's the human equivalent if the name, even if it's from legend," Everyone seemed to accept my explanation, "Anyway, yeah, we'll be going to Canterlot for the thing"


After we agreed to go, we headed to the party Pinkie planned for the return of Princess Luna at townsquare. Celestia made the library Twilight's official house in Ponyville, and told everyone that me and Rick would return after a while.


Rick and I get on the carriage and turn to the town and start waving, "See you soon, everyone," I say. I then turn to Rick, "This is going to be an interesting week or so"

"How do you know it's only going to be a week?"

"I don't, but there are a few things I want to be in Ponyville for, and they happen soon. Either way, it's going to be an interesting time," I get the feeling we're going to be more surprised when we return than being in Canterlot

"Indeed..."