• Published 6th Aug 2012
  • 1,767 Views, 42 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Wanderers - Mach Speed



A tragedy in Clear Shot's life forces him to leave home in hopes of cleaning up the wasteland.

  • ...
6
 42
 1,767

Chapter 11

Chapter 11: A Few Cords Short
Some days are dark and lonely.

The soft melody floated around us as we marched on through the empty wasteland. It had been a couple of days since we had left that accursed Stable, it’s now extinct inhabitants still firmly remembered in my mind as well as what had to be done. To see all those fillies fall before me. (Stop it Clear, they were not fillies. Not anymore.) I continued to reassure myself over the last couple of days as we headed for Brismane. In the short days that we had travelled, nothing had tried to slow us anymore, which was always welcomed as it meant nopony had to die. Over the last couple of days, the journey was actually rather smooth, nothing stood out amongst the barrenness of the wasteland. No new towns, no hidden Stables, nothing but empty fields and abandoned farms to compliment them and the only sign of life that could be found was a few wild Brahmin. Sometime in the last day Bolts’ pipbuck managed to pick up the broadcast signal from the radio station Gyp had mentioned. No more would we have to travel in complete silence, but instead we were greeted with news, music and the odd interview from the appropriately named Safeway Music and News and this is where the soft melody came from. However, even though we hadn’t met any other struggles along the way, it seemed to be throwing everyone off.

“For fuck’s sake! This is so boring!” (Case in point.)

“Welcome to the world below the clouds Starry.” I called back to her. The dark blue mare seemed to hover just above the ground, lightly flapping her wings.

“I thought this place was supposed to be dangerous and exciting, but all we’ve done for the last few days is walk! Where are the other Stables? The big cities? The fucking slaver camps!? I’d kill for an evil lair of doom right now!”

“Evil lair of doom?” Bolts asked curiously “Have you been using chems while we weren’t looking?”

“Oh shut up. I’m just bored okay?”

“Yeah, we noticed.” Bolts replied. It seemed like the bickering would never come to an end.

“Fuck you, Nut Job!”

“Will you two shut up? You’re giving me a headache.” I said, taking out another cigarette to start smoking. I noticed I had been smoking a little bit more since were left Stable 68 but I couldn’t care less. I didn’t have any booze to help wipe the memory from my mind. All I could do was to continue to set my sights on the horizon and move forward, letting the smooth smoke keep me calm.

“What’s supposed to be in this old city anyway?”

“No pony knows.”

“Greaaat.” She replied sarcastically, drawing out the word.

“Well it’s not like ponies haven’t tried setting up there. A couple of groups went there in the past but didn’t return, then search parties went looking for them and they didn’t return either.”

“So basically what happened with that Stable before?”

“Possibly, though I don’t think it’s as bad as the Stable. Could be filled with ghouls, could be highly radiated, I don’t know, I just know we’re starting to get close.”

“Yeah, too bad we won’t be able to see anything until morning!” The impatient pegasus called back. It was true, the Sun was starting to set again and I knew that the city would be just over the next ridge.

“We’ll go a little further and set up camp again, we can explore in the morning.” I replied, to which the pegasus gave an annoyed groan. As she did, the music on Bolt’s pipbuck finished playing, making Starry’s groan seem just little louder than it really was. Shortly, the silence was filled again by another sound from Bolt’s pipbuck, this time the voice of the stallion radio host.

“Well that’s all we have time for today folks. The Sun is setting and so should the ponies wandering the wasteland this fine evening, setting up camp that is. Before I go I have one quick message for that brave young silver eyed stallion we’ve been hearing about, so long as he can hear me. Stay safe son, you’re doing a good thing out there, but you’re no good to us dead. As always I’m your host, Pricey, wishing you a safe and happy night in the wasteland; and from all of us here at Safeway Music and News: Goodnight everypony.” And with that the radio fell silent again prompting Bolts to flick a switch and turn it off completely.

“You going to be safe tonight oh brave silver eyed stallion?” Bolts teased.

“Oh shut up, you know I never asked for this.”

“Never asked for this? Surely you would have known ponies would have noticed one particular stallion doing good around here.” Starry added, chiming in in her usual fashion of trying to sound like she knew everything. “Then again what other news could be used to entertain?” Without pause, she threw on a comical voice and began to imitate a radio host. “Some big news for today folks, resident Sawdust has taken first prize in this year’s radroach hunt! In other news Mrs Hayseed and her husband are now the proud parents of two adorable foals.” I didn’t even bother turning around because I just knew she was acting out being a radio host as well and even though she was starting to get on my nerves, I didn’t want to give her the satisfaction of seeing it.

“Let me be the first to say welcome to this horrible shit hole of the world we call the wasteland, kids.” That was all I could take.

“SHUT. THE FUCK. UP!” I shouted as I spun around and glared at her. The sudden change in my tone and personality caused my companions to all stop dead in the tracks and stare at me surprised. “I get it, I fucking get it Starry. You’re bored. But you don’t have to go through all this bullshit. I didn’t want to be on the radio, I just wanted to help out, which is more I can say for you right now. What was the reason you came down here again? For adventure? For excitement? Well welcome to the SHIT HOLE OF THE WORLD!” I began panting, slightly out of breath and just trying to calm myself. The silence was deafening as Starry, Bolts and Minty just looked at me in shock, Minty seemed like she wanted to cry but was holding it back. The seconds that passed felt like hours before one of us broke the silence.

“Clear… I’m… I’m sorry I was just…”

“Just bored?”

“Geez Clear, calm down. You haven’t been yourself since the incident at the Stable.” Bolts said, confronting me.

“I’m… I’m just tired okay? Tired and… and hungry…” I then turned my attention Starry and took a deep breath, calming myself a little more. “Look, I get that you’re bored Starry, but complaining about it won’t do anything to change it. Especially as far as this ‘shit hole’ is concerned. We never asked for this, but we’re stuck cleaning up the damage caused by a stupid war that accomplished nothing.” Starry looked a little hurt by my words, or it could have been she just felt bad, it was hard to tell with my mind not thinking straight.

“Right… I’m… I’m sorry Clear…”

“It’s fine Starry… I shouldn’t have gone off at you. I’m just tired and want to find a spot to camp and just rest.”

“W-why not here?” Minty added quietly. “I mean if you’re tired… why not just rest here?”

“We still need to travel a little more before we can stop. Let’s follow the road a little longer.” As I turned to the empty wasteland again, I was once again struck by the sheer silence that was around. Without another thought I tried to calm my nerves again by lighting another cigarette, the previous having fallen from my mouth when I snapped at Starry. Once the stick was lit, I continued to lead the group into the unknown, but as I did, I started to feel bad, the awkward tension laid thick in the air.

*** *** ***

Not ten minutes passed before I stopped, noticing something out of the ordinary.

“What’s wrong now Clear?” Bolts asked as he walked up beside me.

“Tell me, we’re heading for the East coast, right?”

“That’s what is says on my Pipbuck, yes.” He said bringing up his hoof

“And the Sun sets in the West, correct?”

“As far as I know it does.”

“So, do tell me, if that ever dying glow behind us is the Sun. What is that glow up ahead.” I said pointing out a soft orange glow in the distance which then caught the attention of Bolts as well.

“Orange glow? I’d have to guess it’s a fire.”

“You think whoever made it would want some company?”

“Hard to say exactly, but by the looks of it, it’s small so maybe they’ll be okay…”

“I hope you’re right. Just… stay sharp okay?”

“Right. You two heard that?” Bolts asked, turning to the two mares.

“Yeah, don’t worry, I got you covered back here.” Starry replied, standing tall, not afraid. I started to feel a little safe myself, not just about the pony or ponies I was about to meet, but just being in the wasteland knowing that I had companions who would watch my back. Taking a deep breath I moved forward, leading us through the ever darkening wasteland and towards the soft glow of the small campfire. It didn’t take long for the fire to come into view. It was placed in front of a large, faded billboard and right beside it was a single pony, not a group, just one.

“There’s only one” Bolts whispered close to me as we started to get close. “And he looks pretty harmless…” My answer came only as a nod as we moved closer to the light and I finally called out.

“Hello?” The young stallion quickly jumped to his hooves in fright, having not seen us.

“G-good evening? Who’s there?” believing the stallion to be harmless I stepped into the light.

“Just some ponies out for a moonlit stroll.” Seeing my appearance seemed to calm the stallion a little.

“Beige coat and silver eyes… pardon my asking but are you that stallion they mentioned on the radio. The one who saved Merry Burrows?” (I’m not going to be able to avoid this am I?) With a small sigh I nodded just as the rest of my group entered the light.

“Yes, but it wasn’t just me, my friend here helped as well.” I said as I gestured towards Bolts. “So you know me, but I don’t know you.” The stallion smiled and moved closer, holding his hoof out to shake.

“The Name’s Soulful Song, but you can just call me Soulful.”

“What are you? A musician?” Starry asked, a little out of tone.

“Actually yes I am, made this guitar myself.”

“Ummm… out of curiosity, how do you play a string instrument with only your hooves?” Bolts added, noting the stallion’s lack of a horn.

“Hey, before the war one of the best musicians was an earth pony who played the cello. But if you must know, I crafted a pick holder out of a medical brace, a little unorthodox, but it works.”

“Could… could we possibly hear you play?” Minty asked with a smile. To be honest, even I felt like we could use a song after the awkward silence from before, something to lighten the mood. Minty’s smile seemed to work on the young stallion as he moved to his guitar case and brought it out, or rather he brought something out. The instrument he brought out was in the shape a guitar but it seemed to be a jumble of different materials made into the shape. The six strings weren’t any better, also being a mix-match of different wires. I may not be a musician, but if you ask me, there’s no way that thing should be able to play.

“Hmmm, I know what I can play.” Soulful said, slipping his hoof into the medical brace he had mentioned before. “This song was a favourite of the head of the Ministry of Morale back in the day. Now… keep in mind I did have to change the words a little… mostly just replacing her name with my own but it should still sound just fine.” I became a little sceptical from what he said. And as he began to fiddle with his strings, I only grew more-so. But then in a moment, everything changed. The stallion started to play and the notes coming from his instrument, though not as good as a proper guitar, held together really well. He began to sing.

“My name is Soulful Song
And I am here to say
I’m gonna make you smile and I will brighten up your day~
It doesn’t matter now
If you are sad or blue
Because cheering up my friends is what I am here to do.”

The young stallion sounded amazing, his voice hitting all the right notes and as he sang, he smiled along to the song.

“’Cause I love to make you smile, smile, smile
Yes I do
It fills my heart with sunshine all the while
Yes it does
‘Cause all I really need is a smile, smile, smile
From these happy friends of mine”

Soulful’s song seemed to do something to the four of us. Maybe it was the upbeat music he was playing, the happy sound of his voice, the smile he kept on his face as he sung or maybe it was a combination of all three of those things that did it, but as I looked at the faces of my friends, they all seemed to have varying degrees of smiles on their faces and they only seemed to grow from there. Even I could feel my face shift into a smile. As he continued with his song I realised something. The song was the type of song to make anyone who heard it smile, it reminded me of how Joyful used to be, how no matter who you were or how badly you felt about something, she always managed to bring a smile to your face and lift your spirits up until it felt like you couldn’t be hurt again. And as Soulful continued to play it felt like all the anger and all the sorrow I had been keeping with me over the last couple of days seemed to just flow away as each new happy verse washed over me. We kept our smiles all through the song, even as it started to die down and come to an end, they never left our faces.

“Yes the perfect gift for me~
Is a smile as wide as a mile
To make me happy as can be~
So come on and smile
Come on and smile
Come on and smile~”

As the song came to end he finished playing the last note and smiled at us, only to receive applause in return. The four of us clapped our hooves together prompting the stallion to take a bow.

“That was really good.” Minty started us off.

“Amazing! How did you learn to play like that?” Starry added.

“Oh I taught myself. I kept hearing all this good music on the radio so I decided I wanted to try my hoof at it. Turned out it was my talent.” He checked the sky. “Well it’s getting really dark so I guess you lot won’t be going anywhere till morning. You may as well camp here for the night.”

“We wouldn’t want to impose…” Minty said, still smiling as she moved back a step, not wanting to be any trouble.

“Nonsense, there’s plenty of fire to go around. Besides, I’d rather have you around in case something happened.”

“Well… thank you.” I said as we sat down around the fire.

“So what are you four doing out this way anyway? Heading to New Sydneigh?”

“Eventually, but for now we’re just going to Brismane. Clear wants to see what’s there.” Bolts stated, speaking for the group.

“Well that’s a coincidence, I’m heading there as well and I can tell you exactly what’s there.”

“Wait, you know what’s in Brismane?” I was now curious. If the pony before me knew what was there, why hadn’t the news gotten around? Slowly I leaned forward, curious to hear what the location held.

“Well yeah… I thought it was common knowledge that all the major cities had Stables in them?” The smile dropped from my face as the anti-climactic news reached my ears. “I mean, I don’t know why ponies haven’t colonised it again… The basic knowledge is that the ponies who were placed into the Stable were… well were never really heard from after the war.” (Oh joy, another mysterious Stable… I’ve had just about enough of them already…).

“Well we’ll see why in the morning.” I said with a sigh. “So what about you? Why are you heading there?”

“Well… you see it’s my dream to make it big in music out here. I want to play for Safeway Music and News but I want to make a good impression on them and this makeshift guitar of mine just won’t cut it.”

“Heh, good luck getting a real one, you may have to settle for your current instrument.” I said, trying to not be hurtful, but realistic.

“Well that’s the thing, I may not have too.” There came a collective ‘What?’ from around the fire from three of us, the only exception being Bolts, having been underground all his life I guess he never really knew about the lack of musical instruments up here. “Well you see my great, great, great etcetera, uncle lived in Brismane when the war was happening. Turns out he was a brilliant musician of the time and he also played guitar.” I could already see where his story was going. “The last letter my family ever got from him was him stating he was going to move into a Stable under Brismane. And that was it. So that’s why I’m out here, I know that if he was such a great musician like they said he was then there was no way he wouldn’t take his guitar with him. So with any luck it may still be in the Stable… I just hope it’s not blind hope…”

“Blind hope is better than no hope at all.” Starry said smiling and caused him to smile back.

“Come on, we’ll get some rest and we’ll all head into Brismane tomorrow. Then we can scout around, get into the Stable and find that guitar.” I exclaimed. To which the others nodded their approval. Including Soulful.

“Thank you Clear Shot” He smiled. With our new goal set for tomorrow, the now five of us went about our nightly business, eating our food and falling asleep, ready for the next day.

*** *** ***

The night went smoothly and for that I had to thank Soulful’s happy song. Not only did it get us all to smile, which in itself seemed to be a luxury in the wasteland, but it also helped me dream. For now my mind was free of nightmares and actually brought back happy memories of times with Joyful. Sadly they were only memories, nothing more. And as I woke up to the dim light of day, I knew that Joyful was gone and there was nothing I could do about it.

“Good morning~” Minty called softly in a sing-song tone as the rest of us started to rise.

“Ahhh~ you know, even though it was dirt, I think that was one of the best nights of sleep I’ve had in a long time.” Starry yawned as she stretched her wings and flapped them a little in place, just to get the feeling back.

“Good, because today we’re heading into the city.” I said taking charge once again, but this time with a smile. “Everyone pack up and let’s go. Brismane is just over the next hill.”

“Wow, what happened to the pony that snapped at me yesterday?” Starry said cheekily.

“He had a good dream, now come on, we’re burning day light.” After a quick breakfast the five of us set off again and with a new day came another round of songs from the radio which entertained us on our way along the road and up the hill, which turned out to not be so little.

“Hey I can see buildings!” Bolts called as the larger of the buildings peaked over the hill. Finally we would be able to see the city in all its glory. I couldn’t keep my legs at the slow pace and took off running, racing to the top. Slowly tower after tower came into view, I was so sure that it would be a metropolis unlike anything I hadn’t seen before, but as I reached the top, my heart sank.

“Clear, Clear! What’s the view like?!” Bolts called as he ran to the top, but as he reached me, I just knew the colour faded from his coat. There was a reason the residents of the city didn’t make contact with others and that’s because there was no city. The towers left standing were on the outside of a large blasted area. There was barely a crater, but the entire city was no more. Buildings and houses lay destroyed where they once stood, nothing but ruins now. While there may have been some houses and small buildings that still stood, they were few and far between, unlike the suburbs that used to decorate the local land.

“It’s gone… it’s all gone…” I said quietly. The city I had been wanting to see was almost non-existent anymore.

“Hang on… what’s that?” Starry said, pointing into the city. Quickly I looked to where she was pointing. There seemed to be one thing that stood out among the rubble. A section seemed to have been cleared and a wall was erected and within the boundaries of the wall I could just make out makeshift buildings, hidden from view behind one of the towers.

“Is… is that a settlement?”

“But I thought no pony was able to settle in the city?” Bolts asked, a little concerned. Slowly I moved around until I could see around the tower. Taking my sniper rifle from my back, I peered down into the area. There was indeed a small settlement within the ruins. Inside, ponies were walking about, there were shacks for houses, a few stalls and (…are those cages?) I had to take a second look, but indeed there were metal cages out in the open with ponies in them. As I moved my scope around, I began taking in the rest of the settlement. The ponies that were walking around all carried weapons ranging from guns, to heavy battle-saddles, to whips and knives. From what I could see, apart from the cages, there were also holding pens with other ponies, and beside the pens, gallows. Three bodies hung from ropes by their necks, surely long dead by now. Lowering my rifle I turned to the group.

“There’s a reason ponies never settled here, but it’s not because of the lack of city.” I said angrily. “That settlement down there is a Celestia-forsaken slaver town.” The faces of the others turned to that of shock, horror and anger.

“But why hasn’t anypony told any authorities yet?” Minty asked sounding saddened by the news, it seemed the happiness from last night’s song had quickly worn off.

“The closest authority group large enough to take down a slaver town like that is in New Sydneigh.” I said, moving away from the top of the hill. “I’m guessing that when ponies arrived to try and settle here, they were tricked and invited in, only to be sold off later. Nopony would know what happened to them.”

“That’s horrible!” Soulful shouted.

“And disgusting!” Starry added.

“Yeah, and we’re going to put a stop to it.” I finished. Only to have the others do a double take and cry out ‘WHAT!’ at the same time.

“Clear, you can’t be serious!” Bolts said as he moved up to me, making me sound crazy.

“I am serious. This is why I’m out here Bolts. Didn’t you say you were going to help me?”

“I did, but this is insane, a frontal assault would be suicide. Hell a sneak attack would even end in disaster!”

“Which is why we’re taking it down from the inside.” My statement caused Bolts to stop and think about what I said.

“Wait… Come again?”

“One of us will go undercover as a slave while the others are slavers. The fake slavers will leave the slave in the custody of the real slavers, at which point, the slave will find a way to take them down from the inside.” The silence that followed was so great that not even the wind blew for a few moments until Bolts spoke again.

“Are you insane Clear? Do you want to die!?”

“I believe this is the only way we can take them down.” I shouted back, giving the group another pause. As I started taking off and dropping my belongings.

“Clear… you don’t have to do this… I know you have a vendetta against these ponies… but there’s a better way to do this…”

“You didn’t see what I saw Bolts. Ponies are dying in there and their bodies are being put on display. In the days it’ll take us to get to Sydneigh and back, how many more will die? How many more will be sold off? We have to act now and I can’t just sit idly by while ponies I could have saved die!” I could see by the look on Bolts’ face, that he finally understood the mixture of anger and sadness that had taken hold of me after losing Joyful to the slavers.

“That’s why you shouldn’t be the one to go in! I remember what happened at Merry Burrows, Clear. You lost yourself, how will you be able to control yourself in there. The last thing we need is for you to lose yourself and end up getting yourself killed!”

“I could lose myself because everything was planned out then, we had an escape plan, I’m going with my gut on this one. Bolts, hit me.”

“What? I’m not going to hit you!”

“You’ll be the lead slaver, you can’t treat me like a friend, and you can’t treat me with respect. You have to treat me like I’m dirt, hell, like I’m lower than dirt. Hit me.”

“I’m not going to do it.”

“Hit me.”

“NO!”

“Fucking hit me! Don’t be a pussy about it!” I could see a twitch in Bolt’s eyes, the berating seemed to work. “You damn Steel Rangers are nothing but tin can wearing fillies, aren’t ya?”

“Don’t say that Clear.” He gritted his teeth, trying to hold back, but I kept going.

“Or what? You’ll hit me? You probably hit like a filly too! You and those supposed ‘heroes’ are nothing but fucking cowards. Hiding down in that little hole in the ground, safe from the outside world. I’m surprised you don’t turn tail and run from a fucking radroach!” As my berating came to an end, Bolts leaped forward and punched me right across the face, but it didn’t stop there.

“FUCK YOU! Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you!” with each curse, Bolts hit he in the face and then the stomach, but if only a few to each part. As his hooves made contact, I could feel my ribs bruise and my nose bleed. His hits were hard but they weren’t the hardest I’ve had and soon they came to a stop, Bolts looking down on me angry and panting.

“Be-ugh-better?” I coughed out.

“Yeah, a little. You’re a prick.”

“Good, hold onto that anger, you’ll… ugh… you’ll need it.” I struggled but soon I stood up. Slowly I levitated my belongings up. “Bolts, take my revolver, it’ll make you look more convincing.” Without a word he snatched it from my magical grasp, I could tell I’d owe him a proper apology when we were done. “Starry, take my duster.”

“And cover my wings? Pfft, fat chance. I’m a pegasus, why should I cover up who I am?”

“You do realise that the moment they see your wings they’ll immediately drop everything and try to take you instead. You’re worth a lot more caps than any of us.” Starry grumbled angrily but eventually took my duster and placed it over her body, placing her battle saddle over it. “Minty, you can have my armour, Soulful, take my bags and my rifle.

“Are you really sure about this Clear?” Bolts asked, fixing the holster just above his free hoof.

“If I wasn’t, you think I would have gotten you to hit me? Come on, I’ll work out the next step once I’m in there.”

“Your confidence amazes me.” Bolts said sarcastically as he took the lead, causing me to stumble and limp behind him and have the others follow behind me.

*** *** ***

We were silent as we moved down into the ruined city, the dilapidated and destroyed buildings giving off a feeling of emptiness, really giving off the feeling that there wasn’t anypony here, a lack of civilisation that was more daunting than that of the empty wasteland. As we approached the slaver town, the sounds coming from it, the shouts, the cries, they all hit our ears. The sounds only got louder as we approached the front gate and the guards spotted us.

“Hey, who goes there?” One called, pointing his battle saddle at us.

“Just here to do a little business.” Bolts shouted back, grabbing me roughly with his magic and pulling me forward. I glared at him, playing my part. The other guard, a rough looking unicorn stepped forward.

“How come we’ve never seen you lot around here before?”

“We used to deal with Mr White, but because he went under, we decided to seek other places to deal with. Before his operation got fucked up, he told us about what you had out here.” The slavers seemed to buy it as they stepped forward to examine me.

“Okay, so what do you have for sale?”

“Just him.”

“Only one stallion? That’s not a very exciting trade.” The other called from the gate, not moving from his post.

“Yes only one, but he’s a strong one. He could easily be put to work, he just has to be broken in first.”

“Fuck you filly tosser.” I said turning around slightly, only to have Bolts hit me hard in my ribs, causing me to drop.

“What did you say? What the FUCK did you say!?” Bolts shouted at me. “I told you not to be a fucking smartarse didn’t I?” Quickly he pulled my revolver from the holster on his leg and pressed the barrel into my cheek, in a flash my heart rate went up, fearing a little. (Bolts, great acting, but do you have to scare me like this?)

“S-sorry…” I stuttered out.

“Sorry what?” he cocked the revolver, making my eyes go wide in fear.

“S-sorry sir…” I said, now genuinely fearing for my life but slowly he removed the gun from my cheek, allowing for a sigh of relief. Slowly I turned my eyes upwards and saw the slavers, both with smirks on their faces.

“Heh, he responds well to threats of pain.” The unicorn said, advancing more until he was right up with Bolts. “We’ll take him, but uhh.” I noticed the slaver’s eyes move to view the other three in the back and he lowered his voice to barely a whisper, but I managed to hear what he was saying.

“We haven’t had a new mare in a couple of weeks. How much for those two?”

“They’re not for sale, one’s my guard and the other is our medic.”

“Come on, I’ll trade you two of our guys, they’re probably just as strong as-“ the slaver was cut off as Bolts placed the barrel of the revolver under the slaver’s chin.

“They’re not. For sale.” The slaver gulped and took a step back. (Remind me never to get on your bad side, Bolts.)

“Right, they’re not for sale. So only him?”

“Only him.”

“Okay, you four can head on in and look around, we’ll… evaluate his cost.” The slaver looked at me and grinned. “Say goodnight~” I took one last look at my companions before seeing the slaver raise his rifle and bringing the butt of it down, it was the last thing I saw. Then, darkness.

Footnote: [Item(s) removed]

[Shackles added]

[Shackles Equipped]

[Companions have left]

No new experience gained.

Author's Note:

A/N: And so with this cliff-hanger I would just like to say I’m taking a six month hiatus starting~ NOW!... just kidding, but I am ready to start the next chapter before University starts again. I would just like to take the chance right now and thank Whisper to take over the job of editing from now on. As always, many thanks to Kkat, Somber, No One and Mimezinga for giving me the inspiration to write this side story. This chapter of Fallout Equestria: Wanderers was written by Mach Speed, edited by Whisper and edited for continuity by Sirhcx. Likes and favourites are always appreciated to help get the fic out there and constructive criticism is always welcome.