• Published 20th Feb 2019
  • 1,829 Views, 67 Comments

A Kind and Prosperous Couple - Israel Yabuki



This is a story dedicated to the one girl/mare who stole my heart. And to Lauren Faust, thank you for creating such a beautiful character.

  • ...
6
 67
 1,829

Canterlot High's Got Talent

Author's Note:

Here's my latest chapter. Oh and before I forget, I've added FrostGuardian's OC, Epsilon Wolf into my story for a short cameo as a thank you to him for helping me out so much. Be sure to follow him on fimfiction and thanks for being patient, stay tuned and brony on.

The weeks passed by and Fluttershy and Israel had the best weekend of their lives. The spent the majority of their amazing weekend just hanging out, playing board games, watching TV shows and movies, practicing their songs and even taking a stroll in the park once. But when the day came for their fun to end, they were disappointed, but would still see each other back in school.

As the weeks passed, Fluttershy and Israel had devoted all of their free time into practicing their selected songs for the Talent Show just as much as their friends did. Another thing that happened over the weeks was Rainbow Dash and Soarin going out. It was no surprise to everyone that they'd eventually make their relationship official, but it did surprise them that they'd get together so quickly.

Cheese and Pinkie also started going out together. Everyone was happy for those two, including their own parents, since they make each other smile and laugh most of the time. Israel had never been more proud of both of his friends that they finally found their sweethearts. Now, his two friends started teasing him that he still wasn’t together with Fluttershy, while it was clear that the two of them have feelings for each other.

At the moment, everyone was gathered together in the school cafeteria, talking amongst each other about the Talent Show. Precisely at 6 PM, tonight, they would be getting on stage and performing in front of their friends and families with their special talents. Israel and his friends, along with The Rainbooms were discussing who will go first with their performance and who's going to be saved for the finale. Rainbow Dash got a swelled head and bragged about how she'd wow the crowd with her guitar skills.

"I'm hoping it's me and Soarin who steal the spotlight. I want us to ‘wow’ the crowd right from the start so they'll never forget an awesome event," Rainbow said.

"That's not how the talent show works, Rainbow Dash. The selections are completely random, so we won't know until the show starts. Besides, everything doesn't revolve around you and you can't always get what we want your way, life doesn't work that way," Rarity said.

“Yeah Dashie!” Pinkie chimed in. “This isn’t like ‘The Battle of the Bands’ like previous year. We’re doing this show just for fun, nothing more!” Just mentioning that awful competition brought shivers down the boys' spines, making Pinkie cover her mouth suddenly. "Oopsies, sorry. I forgot, you boys didn't stick around for that event since you didn't like that competition."

"Ah don't think any of us wanted to be in a competition. But it was a different story fer us, because we didn't have a choice, we had to perform so we could stop the Dazzlin's," Applejack stated.

"Changing the subject, have you two decided what you're going to do?" Sunset asked.

"You betcha. Rarity an' Ah are planning' to sing in style. She went an' designed some nice dresses for me and her when we sing out there," AJ said. "She's really outdone herself."

Rarity giggled. "Oh darling, you flatter me," she said.

"Can't help it, Rares," AJ said before pecking her precious jewel on the cheek.

"Cheese and I are going to perform some tricks and dance to some sweet beats I picked," Pinkie said, pulling her boyfriend in and nuzzling his shoulder.

"Sunset and I are going to perform a regular duet and use a karaoke machine. What about you, have you planned out your part in the talent show?" Twilight asked both Fluttershy and Israel

"Well, during the weekend at Israel’s house, we came up with three songs that we would like to sing together as a duet for the talent show,” Fluttershy replied.

“Sounds like fun!” Sunset agreed. “What songs are you two going to sing?”

"Well, our first one is ‘A Whole New World’ from the movie: Aladdin. If we get an encore, we're gonna sing this song called ‘Strangers’ by Scratch21 and then if we get one more encore, then we're gonna sing If ‘I Never Knew You’ from Pocahontas," Israel said. Everyone got wide-eyed with smiles all around from the classic variety of songs they’ve picked during their weekend at his house.

"Ooh, not a bad choice of songs. If this whole talent show was meant to be a competition, you two little lovebirds would have it won before it even started," Soarin said, chuckling afterwards. Rainbow Dash gave Soarin a light jab on his arm.

"Hey, you're only supposed to be praising us if it was a competition, babe," Rainbow chuckled. "But you are right about one thing though, Fluttershy and Israel picked some cool songs.”

"Yeah, but we were having a bit of a struggle to find the right song for our 2nd encore since there were some duet songs I couldn't quite sing within range or memorize. It was only after we started watching Pocahontas on Sunday that gave us a lucky break," Israel explained.

"Oh, if you don't mind me asking… did you two snuggle together when you slept?" Pinkie Pie asked, getting giddy, wanting to find out.

Fluttershy and Israel looked at each other with blushing cheeks. “No comment,” Israel said, though their facial expressions were a give away.

“Oh my gosh! You two did snuggle together!!!” Pinkie exclaimed. “I KNEW IT!!!!”

“Pinkie hush! We don’t need the entire school looking at us.” Sunset said.

Thinking quickly, Cheese pulled a cupcake out from his girlfriend's poofy hair and put it in Pinkie’s mouth, quickly stopping her from doing anymore damage.

Pinkie nommed happily on her tasty sweet, getting frosting all over her cheeks. "Good thing this cutesy party planner loves sweets so much," Cheese said, gently patting his girlfriend's head.

"Back on the subject, I hope you all do very well tonight. I can't wait to see what songs you'll all be performing, best of luck to all of you," Twilight said.

"You too, Twilight, darling. Same to all of you," Rarity said.

Moments later, after eating their lunches, the bell rang and everyone got up from the tables and headed outside of the cafeteria towards their lockers to get things ready.

It was unfair to Fluttershy and her friends, even Israel, that they weren't in the same class together, but it couldn't be helped that their schedules were different. As they were heading off to their classes, Soarin and Cheese talked amongst each other about their friend.

"Hey, Soarin. You know, this is his first time singing with a cute girl, but do you think he's gonna get jitters when the talent show starts?" Cheese asked.

"You want my honest opinion?" Soarin asked, earning a nod from Cheese. "Here's what I think: There's some people who have no fear. To him, this is just one more challenge. He follows his heart. That's what sets him apart and will make him a true CHS icon."

Cheese snickered. "You watched the First Pokemon Movie again, didn't you?"

"Eh, why not? But my point still stands. I know Israel and he's never one to back down from a talent show if it means he gets to sing," Soarin said. Cheese shrugged and soon, they went their seperate ways, heading for their respective classes for another boring lecture.


The school day concluded once again. While some students were heading home, others were staying behind to set up the stage for the talent show tonight. Fluttershy and her friends, same with Israel and his buddies, were helping out with getting the equiptment set up along with the stage.

It was 5 minutes before 6 PM and a huge crowd filled the football field of CHS, all gathered in front of the huge stage that was set up for the Talent Show that was about to begin. Many parents have all gathered together to see their children perform their amazing talents.

Meanwhile, behind the stage, many of the performing students were preparing themselves, tuning their instruments just right, practicing their dancing steps or just mentally getting into the zone.

"Alright, places everyone, the show's about to start, so make sure you're all set and ready to go when I call out your names, is that clear?" Principal Celestia said.

All the students, including Fluttershy, Israel and all their friends agreed with their Principal. Some of them were getting a little nervous since they were about to perform in front of a huge crowd, especially in front of people other than their own families out there.

When the lights focused on the center, Celestia walked out and grabbed the mic. "Good evening everyone and welcome to Canterlot High's annual talent show. How many of you out there are ready to experience the wonderful show of a lifetime?" she asked.

The crowd loudly showed their enthusiasm. Celestia was pleased to see how excited everyone was.

"Wonderful! I can honestly say that it's a real honor for all of you to come down here to see how hard our CHS students, your children, have worked to show you how far they've come. So, without further ado, I'd like to announce our very first act for tonight's show. Please give a warm Canterlot welcome to our very own dynamic party planning duo: Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich!" Celestia announced.

The crowd erupted in applause as soon as Vinyl turned on her DJ set in the back along with the neon spotlights. A familiar song started to play as Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich rolled up the stage with Pinkie dancing on a giant beach ball and Cheese showing his dancing moves on a giant cheese wheel. They also rolled around on the stage while the audience clapped along with the beat.

At some point, they both rolled off the stage and bounced on the railing of the bleachers where the audience was sitting and enjoying the show. Pinkie and Cheese rolled down to the bottom and landed safely on their cheese wheel and beach ball, they rolled in the center of the football field, receiving more applause before Cheese's wheel bumped against Pinkie's beach ball and fell to the ground.

But luckily for Cheese and Pinkie, they rehearsed this part of the show and he leaped onto Pinkie's beach ball and danced with the party-thrower extraordinair. As the song was coming to a close, the two lovebirds rolled back over to the stage and leaped off the beach ball. Cheese landed safely on-stage and Pinkie surprisingly landed on his hand with only one foot.

After that, the audience applauded heavily for the amazing show they saw. Pinkie's parents and sisters clapped the most for her amazing work. Cheese's mom and dad clapped for him a whole lot as well. Cheese then helped Pinkie down gently and then the two took a bow, holding hands before running backstage.

With the dynamic dancing duo finished with their performance, Vice-Principal Luna walked out on-stage and grabbed the mic while Pinkie and Cheese went backstage. "Truly astounding, if I do say so myself. I can tell that all of you enjoyed that splendid performance. Now then, for our next act, we have our top-ranking althletes, Rainbow Dash and Soarin. Come on out, you two," Luna said, stepping to the side while Rainbow and Soarin walked out on stage, big smiles of excitement.

"What's up everybody? This is Rainbow Dash here with my boyfriend, Soarin. Have we got an awesome song for all of you!" said the air-headed rainbow rockstar.

“She’s a Rockstar, She’s rocking this stage. Our girl is the best!!!” Yelled Rainbow Dash's parents through their megaphones, making the girl groan in embarrassment. The crowd laughed a little at the cute support that her parents were giving her. Soarin decided that it was enough embarrassment for his precious Dashie and tried to get the attention back on the stage.

"I hope you'll all enjoy what we have to offer," Soarin said. The audience quieted down and soon, Rainbow Dash rocked her guitar and the two awesome love birds sang their sweet tune.

With Rainbow rocking the guitar, Soarin made due with just singing since his arm was still busted from practice weeks ago. Rainbow's and Soarin's parents cheered happily for their children, although Rainbow's parents cheered for her the loudest. Their friends in the back couldn't stop dancing to the beat and neither could the other performers stop themselves from dancing to the beat.

A few of the audience members either bobbed their heads to the beat or even did a little dance, enjoying the beat and how amazing they could sing. And with each second that passed, Rainbow and Soarin felt like they were growing closer towards each other. It was blatantly obvious from the way she and her sweetheart were constantly looking at each other.

By the time their song had come to an end, everyone cheered for them, especially Rainbow Dash's over the top, yet highly supportive parents. She and Soarin shared a small hug before taking a bow and heading backstage before Celestia stepped out again.

"I can see they've already sang what they felt for each other from their souls was true, am I right or am I right about that, ladies and gentlemen?" Celestia asked over the mic, receiving applause and a few laughs from how well she cracked a joke. ”I couldn’t agree more with you all. Now, for the next show, give a warm round of applause for our very own happy couple, Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer!”

Right away, everyone clapped their hands for the happy couple that walked up the stage. Twilight and Sunset happily waved at the crowd and they saw Twilight’s family along with Shining Armor, Cadance and cute baby Flurry Heart resting in her mother’s arms.

"Hello everyone! Tonight, my girlfriend and I will be performing a special song that I'm sure some of you have heard about. Anyways, sit back, relax…" Twilight paused.

"And enjoy the show," Sunset finished. With a snap of her fingers, she gave the signal for the song to start.

From backstage, Israel gasped with joy. He knew this song from a few years ago and loved how awesome it sounded with Sunset and Twilight singing it. And the reason why is because when Sunset and Twilight sang it, they took the song to a whole new level. Cheese and Soarin could see their friend geeking out and danced along with him and even sang along with Sunset and Twilight from behind the stage.

Whether the audience could hear the people backstage singing background or not, they were already receiving a whole lot of praise from them and Sunset and Twilight couldn't stop staring at each other with loving smiles throughout the entire duration of the song.

Everyone backstage even started dancing along with the Dynamic Troll Trio. But just like every other song, it had to end and right as it ended, Sunset and Twilight held each other in their arms. The audience erupted with cheers and applause for the happy couple. It got even louder when Twilight and Sunset shared a small kiss before walking backstage.

Luna once again stepped out on stage and grabbed the mic. "Now that was truly one of the most lovely sight to behold for one of Canterlot High's #1 sweethearts. Even I was moved by their performance." The crowd cheered along in agreement with the Vice-Principal. "Now then, if everyone is ready, for our next act, we have a talented young man who's got a lot to say about a special someone in his life. Everyone, put your hands together for Canterlot's very own… Epsilon Wolf!"

Sure enough, the crowd clapped their hands as a young man with blue skin, silver hair and golden yellow eyes stepped out on stage. "Thank you everyone. It's so nice to be here. Now, I'd like to dedicate this song to the one girl who's captured my beating heart. The girl who brings me so much happiness in my life. To my dear Sunny Flare, if you're listening to this, then here's a song that tells you how much I love you," he said on the mic, making the crowd go "aww," feeling touched by his love confession.

Soon, his song began to play and Epsilon took it all the way to the house. Everyone in the crowd remained silent out of respect for this young man's beautiful singing. His classmates backstage were enjoying the way he was putting so much emotion into his performance. For the couples, it was a wonderful feeling that got them dancing with each other.

Rainbow Dash and Soarin looked at each other and smiled as they hold hands together. They looked back at the stage with their cheeks turning red. Pinkie and Cheese also held hands while sharing a delicious chocolate bar together. Applejack held Rarity close to her as the fashionista rested her head on the apple farmer's shoulder while Twilight and Sunset were slow dancing behind them. Fluttershy was humming to the song as Israel quietly sang along with Epsilon so as not to disturb him or his performance. While he was singing, Israel looked over at Fluttershy. With each word he sang, he sang it for Fluttershy.

He simply couldn't get over how beautiful she was to him and how much he loved this wonderfully, beautiful angel so much and just wanted spend every waking moment with her. But there were times when he wished that he wasn't so shy about confessing his love to her. It's one of the many curses of his aspergers he wished wouldn't get in the way oh him. And soon, as the song concluded, Epsilon received a big round of applause from the audience for his astounding performance. He took a bow before going backstage while Principal Celestia walked back out again.

"Ah love, it takes us all back to our teenage years, am I right?" Celestia asked, receiving some applause of agreement from the crowd. "I thought so," she smiled.

Time went on and so far nearly everyone who signed up to perform had wowed the crowd with their many special talents. Some of them danced, like Pinkie and Cheese, others told 5 minutes of jokes and others did some impressive magic tricks. As the talent show progressed, Israel and Fluttershy patiently waited for their turn to arrive and so did Rarity and Applejack. Before they knew it, Luna gave her big announcement.

"Now then, for our next act, please welcome our Caramel Apple girls, Rarity and Applejack!" Luna said before stepping out of view. The lovely fashionista and charming farm girl stepped on stage, both wearing fabulous dresses from their Equestria Land performance.

"Good evening to all of you," Rarity said.

"Mah gal and Ah have a special performance that we'd like to share with y'all. So everyone just sit back, relax yerselves an' enjoy the show," AJ added.

AJ and Rarity got themselves ready just as the song played. Soon, their voices rang throughout the entire football field. As they sang, they both stepped forward on the stage so the crowd could see their beautiful dresses in full glory.

The two lovely ladies gave each other loving looks as they kept singing. Their families and friends were awestruck by how amazing their daughters/sisters were performing to elegantly. Their friends danced to the beat like they didn't have a care in the world. Some of the audience members moved their bodies to the beat as well like they were at a big party.

This was even better than live concerts in other cities, in different states. Best part… it's free and the students were the real stars of this show. These Caramel Apple girls could even form their very own duet girl band, taking their performance across the world. Soon, the song ended and Rarity and Applejack received thunderous applause from the crowd and bowed to them before they kissed each other and ran backstage, feeling hyped up from their performance.

Celestia came back out once again and grabbed the mic. "Truly an upbeat performance. Ladies and gentlemen, this talent show has been a real treat. But we're not done just yet, because for those of you who know these two, we've saved the best for last. These two students are here to soothe your cares away with a beautiful, melodias song they've practiced day and night for weeks. Everyone, please give a big round of applause to Canterlot High's very own… Israel Yabuki and Fluttershy!" she said.

“Well, that’s our cue. Are you ready Fluttershy?” Israel asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Fluttershy said, smiling with glee.

They both walked up the stage, getting a lot of cheers from the crowd and their friends. Soarin and Cheese gave their best friend a big ‘thumbs up’ telling him that everything is going to be great!

"Hello everyone. And thank you for coming here tonight. You've all seen a lot of amazing performances from our good friends backstage. Well now, it's time for me and Fluttershy to soothe your hearts with a calm and blissful melody we've saved just for you," Israel said.

"Without further ado…" Fluttershy paused, then allowed the song play. Israel started things off with a bang as he began his part of the song. Fluttershy could tell he was actually pouring his feelings onto her. And when Fluttershy's part came up, she took it to the house, bringing the audience to tears from how lovely the two sounded together.

Many of the people in the audience leaned on their partner's shoulder as they embraced their own love for each other throughout the song. Same could be said for their friends backstage. Israel and Fluttershy even danced together to give their performance more emotion.

Just like all the other performances, the audience clapped for them after it came to a close. But then, before they could head on backstage...

"ENCORE!!!" someone from the crowd shouted. Many other audience members clapped and chanted for an encore as well. Their families, friends and even their friends' families wanted to hear an encore from the two wonderfully gifted singers. Fluttershy and Israel were astonished by this.

"Okay, if that's what you guys want, then we'll be happy to oblige." Israel said on the mic. He snapped his fingers, signalling for the next song to play. When it began, their performance took off once again.

Almost everyone in the audience had their hands placed over their hearts. The song had a beautiful melody while giving off a heartbreaking vibe. It was enough to drive nearly everyone to tears, including their friends as the song was pulling at their heartstrings hard. Israel and Fluttershy were using just about every ounce of strength to hold back each other's tears. This song was that powerful.

Such compassion between two of these amazing singers was difficult to ignore. Some of the audience members even assumed they might be a couple and had an immense amount of love for each other that would never wither away, not even if time came to an end.

But they were only half-right. Soon, their song came to a close and at the last part of the song ended, Israel and Fluttershy hugged each other while shedding a small tear. The audience clapped loudly from yet another brilliant performance from these two talented singers. Israel and Fluttershy bowed and were just about to head backstage, only to hear someone call out to them again.

"DO ANOTHER ONE!!!" shouted another audience member. Israel and Fluttershy blinked in surprise from someone wanting another performance. The audience agreed again and chanted "encore." This was probably the first time these two have ever received two encore requests from everyone.

"Alright then. But this is our last song. So, if you want to record this, now's your chance so you can take it home and listen to it whenever you like or share it with your friends and family. Now, if you’re all ready… here's me and Fluttershy's very last performance for tonight," Israel announced..

As their final song started to play, both Israel and Fluttershy looked at each other while they began singing.

The crowd, all their friends and even the Principals of CHS felt so touched by their final song tonight that some of them took their phones out. But, instead of recording the duo, they put on the flash lights and waved their arms up in the air with the beautiful song Fluttershy and Israel were singing.

Their friends backstage held their sweethearts in their arms and danced to the beat. Meanwhile, in the crowd, Israel's loving mother was the only one who recorded her son and Fluttershy as they continued singing, shedding tears of happiness at how much her son has grown and how happy he was. Her entire world was shining so brightly just from seeing him doing the thing he loves with the girl he loves so much. She couldn't wait to send this to everyone in her entire family.

She knew he was on his way to greatness. Fluttershy's parents and brother felt the same thing for the sweet young lady who used to be such a shy and distant girl. Her parents held hands and leaned into each other lovingly while her brother smiled proudly at his big sister and how much she's grown. And finally, their final song came to a close and the audience poured on the biggest cheer while Israel and Fluttershy took one final bow, satisfied with their magnum opus. Celestia and Luna were still in tears from how lovely they sounded and how their teamwork lit up the hearts of everyone around them.

In all the excitement and celebration, the other performers backstage ran up on-stage with their friends and all held each other's hands and did a group bow. After the applause died down, Celestia and Luna both walked back up on the stage.

"Everyone, thank you so much for coming here tonight. I'm sure a lot of you were moved by your children, our students and their magnificent performances," Luna said.

"We will all remember this night for many days to come in our lives. And so, in conclusion, thank you all for coming and we hope to see you again someday. This now concludes the CHS annual talent show. Goodnight everybody and have a nice, relaxing weekend," Celestia added.

Everyone clapped one last time before the audience in the bleachers all stepped down and exited the football field, heading out towards the front of the school, waiting patiently for their children to finish putting away their instruments and cleaning up everything.

Fluttershy, Israel and all their friends were helping each other with cleaning up the field, even Epsilon was helping along with some other students who performed earlier on.

“I have to say Darling, you and Israel were the real stars on the stage,” Rarity complimented her friend, brushing all the trash together.

“You two totally rocked it!” Rainbow Dash said in agreement, while carrying two bags of trash.

“Thank you, both of you,” Fluttershy replied while blushing.

"Maybe we should've brought you into our band. You've got some very nice vocals, Israel. This world needs people like you more often," Sunset added.

"Me? In your amazing band? That's a nice offer, but I think I'll stick with performing in my own band with my buddies Cheese and Soarin," he said.

"That's okay, we understand. Though, it would be pretty cool to play that last song for the high school prom that's coming up soon," Twilight said.

"Oh, that's right! The prom is coming up as well and it might be our very last one!" Pinkie said, excited and nervous at the same time.

"Hey, she's right. And if it's gonna be our last prom, then what do you all say we make it a prom night to remember after we all graduate? I've got some awesome dance moves I've been dying to show off!" Soarin said, posing like some dancing star.

"Okay, hold your horses there, Bruno Mars," Rainbow joked. "The prom isn't until 3 more weeks, so we've got plenty of time before then. Now, let's get this mess cleaned up before Celestia and Luna eat us up for breakfast for not finishing this up." The group agreed with Rainbow and they continued cleaning up the field, knowing just how scary Celestia and Luna can be when they're angry.

It lasted at least half an hour before the whole field was completely clean. Once everyone was finished, everyone headed off with their respective parents back home. However, before Israel and Fluttershy left, they embraced each other in a warm hug.

"I'll see you next week on Monday, Flutters," he whispered in her ear.

"I'll be sure to text you when I get back home," Fluttershy replied. After 30 seconds of hugging, they separated and headed back home with their parents, basking in the afterglow of that amazing show.

But the fun is barely beginning as the CHS Prom draws near and nearly every student at CHS have some very big plans for their lovely dates.