• Published 12th Jun 2019
  • 875 Views, 14 Comments

Spider-Pip: Sinister Six - ZombieBrony22



After the Rainbooms escape from the Raft, Pip must rise up in order to defend his city against the new threat that he created...

  • ...
4
 14
 875

Tick Tock

My mother’s security was in dire need of upgrades—it was ridiculously easy to monkey-climb up City Hall’s windows.

I noticed that her window was opened, possibly expecting me, and I managed to pull myself in, seeing her in front of the shut door.

“Octavia...” She said, locking the door as she approached her seat, angled towards the window.

“...Mum.” I said, taking a seat in an old chair she set up for me.

We both sat there in silence as I prepared to start the conversation...

“Want one?” I asked her, holding out a can of pop I got at a local convenience store.

Luna smiled and shook her head.

“Sorry-- I'm on a diet.” She said, adjusting her seat.

I smiled, happy that her life’s gotten better since she ran for the election, and I just remembered about Vinyl...

“I saw her. Vinyl...” I said to her.

Luna stopped for a second, her eyes growing wide and instantly getting out of her seat.

“How is she? Where is she? Does she... is she okay?” She asked me.

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

“She’s... different. I’m assuming you’ve read the newspaper?”


After 2 weeks of searching, we finally located them—they were at the abandoned warehouse we tried to turn into Twilight’s impromptu lab, hiding away...

Come to think of it, why didn’t I ever swing by there to see if she would show up? Perhaps because I never thought she’d hide in plain sight? Maybe...

But now we were on to them.

I was swinging from building to building alongside Flash while Adagio—now wearing plated armor underneath her cloak—and Diamond flew in the air alongside us. We were a minute away as the warehouse entered our view.

“Alright, Twilight’s practically running Kingpin’s empire, now, so expect the place to be heavily guarded—they have to know we’re on to them.” Diamond said, moving right next to us.

We nodded while I glanced at Flash, where tendrils were starting to shoot off of him...

Is there a chance you could move a tad? I am not the biggest fan of fire...“ Venom asked through Flash.

“You got it.” Diamond said as she slightly moved away from him, calming Venom as we all landed on the roof.

“Okay... so what’s the plan?” I asked the group.

Simple-- we fight our way through the guards, we reach the Six, and we capture them.” Venom said, ready to charge.

“Wait! We don’t even know if the way in is trapped or not, let alone if the inside is guarded.” Diamond said, cutting him off.

“Yeah, I’ll look inside, see if the coast is clear.” Adagio said as she moved towards the roof and suddenly phased through it.

We all glanced at each other in awe as we all connected our comm-links.

“Dagi’? How is it in there?” I asked her, maintaining my accent.

“...Guys, get in here—it's safe...” She said, slightly disturbed.

We opened the door and we entered, being greeted by the scent of sulfur and the sight of blood, staining the walls.

“Damn... looks like a real big fight went down in here...” Diamond said as she walked past a bloodied gun, laying on the floor.

“Yeah... and the Six might not be here.” Adagio said as we started finding what can only be described as bodies—they were very much alive, but bloodied and beaten, some had their limbs bent in ways they were not meant to be bent...

Venom walked up to one and used his tendrils to lift him up into the air...

Who did this?” He asked in his menacing voice...

The guard whispered and whimpered, clearly reeling from the severe beating he was dished out...

“The Devil... it was the Devil...” He barely said, Venom dropping him to the floor.

We all continued on, somewhat disturbed by the description of what happened... The warehouse was massive, and littered in papers machinery—a couple of them marked with something called Spider-Killer...

“Huh. Guess she has it out for you.” Flash said, his face unenveloped as Venom noticed a weed growing along the building.

Hmm... how about... this one? I think she’d like it.” Venom said, pulling out one of the flower-like weeds.

Flash chuckled and rolled his eyes, not needing to look upon it.

“First of all, not the best topic of discussion right now, and second—that's a weed.” He said.

Nonsense-- it is a lovely flower, and I am certain Bon-Bon will love it.” Venom said with confidence, slithering it inside of him for future purpose.

I let out a chuckle while Diamond looked on in confusion.

“...Venom has a crush on Bon-Bon. He’s been obsessed with her since our first day of training.” Flash chuckled.

We kept on searching, finding entire billboards covered with data about all of us, things that I never even told her about, and things I’d rather not know about Diamond...

“Who’s... Spike Drake?” I asked, glancing at one list of names-- with his name the first and the largest.

Diamond quickly fired a small blast at it, destroying it.

“He was my... ex-boyfriend. Twilight’s adopted brother.” She said, somewhat flustered.

“What?!” I whisper-screamed, confused on how I didn’t know that.

“Yeah, he moved out to CPA, you never once saw him?” She asked me.

I never recalled a Spike Drake, but maybe if I saw him I could recognize him?

We finally reached the center, where we were greeted by the entire area being trashed, with remnants of machines and chinks of Twilight’s arms on the ground.

“So this was this... ‘Devil’?” Adagio asked, still awestruck over the amount of devastation this one person caused...

None of us had to answer as from the rafters, we saw a shadowy figure move in the darkness.

“Who’s there?” I asked as Flash’s face re-enveloped and Diamond trained her repulsors.

Silence, for a brief moment as Adagio moved a tad closer to me...

“I was expecting you to arrive... sooner, but better late than never.” She said, her voice immeadiately sounding familiar...

“...Vinyl?” I asked as I pulled my mask off, hoping she’d recognize me.

Silence again as from behind us, we heard a light thud, causing us to turn and see her—Vinyl Scratch, hidden in the shadows, unmoving from the darkness—even hiding her face—but her silhouette showed two devil horns on her head and two batons sheathed on her thigh...

“Hello, Pip. It’s been a while.”

Flash quickly ran over and hugged her, an act of which she returned.

“Vinyl... What the hell happened to you?” His shocked voice asked her.

She remained silent, glancing over to Diamond, whose faceplate was set upwards, showing her tear-ridden, shocked face.

“Vinyl...?” She whispered as she approached her.

“Hey, DT... it’s been a while.” Vinyl said, holding her old friend.

Adagio glanced at me, confused over the sudden glee overseeing the person who fought their way through an entire compound of hired thugs...

“Wait, you... did all this?” I asked to her.

She stayed silent as she nodded, keeping her face hidden in the dark.

“They were disposable criminals, they’re lucky enough to have the luxury of breathing through a straw for the next two months.” She whispered in hatred.

We were all taken aback by that statement as Adagio took this chance to add her input.

“I’m as against the cruelties of some humans as you are, but this wasn’t justice... this was a bloodbath.” She said.

None of us said a word as Vinyl took only one step into the light, showing her helmet, and nothing else...

The color was a hellish dark-red, with her eye lenses tinted red, and her pale face only being shown by her jaw and mouth.

“You haven’t seen the worst of them... I read these files, you’ve only been a witness... but never a victim. Not like me, or even Aria...” She said, backing away into the darkness.

Adagio clearly didn’t take that comment too kindly as she started approaching Vinyl, her veins glowing red, but I set my hand on her, causing her to turn to me.

“Did you get them? The Rainbooms.” I asked Vinyl, and she responded by shaking her head.

“They split up—I injured them, though... they should be slow, not too hard to find.” She said as she pulled out her two sticks, connected by a cord running through them, and shot it up onto the open skylight, rappeling herself into the night...

“Vinyl? Vinyl, wait!” Diamond cried out as Flash set his hand on her shoulder.

“Let her go...” He said to her.

Diamond quickly moved her shoulder away from him and turned from him.

“Look... unless you want your face full of repulsor... you won't touch me again. Are we clear?” She asked him, flipping her faceplate back down.

“...Crystal.” He said, his face unmoved by the very-real threat.

“Guys... let’s just focus on finding the Six. We split up, groups of two, looking for traces of them... hold on, I’ll link Ironheart’s A.I with my own—Veronica, link up with... what’s your A.I’s name?” I asked her.

Diamond took a second before backing away from Flash.

“...Silver.” She simply said, grabbing his arm and taking off with him, flying into the city.

“Veronica, link up with Silver and send Diamond the material list used in this debris.” I said, holding up a small piece of Twilight’s arm-armor...

Detected, sending to: Ironheart.

“Alright, it’s on her way—start without me, I’ll catch up.” I said to the others.

“Wait! Where’re you going?” Adagio asked me.

“I gotta make a stop, first...” I said to her.


“And after we found out what happened... we tried to get a case together, but all Shining could do was launch an investigation that went nowhere. No arrests, no trials... no justice.” Mom said, her head in her hands.

The previous hatred that filled my heart for my half-year in that coma had returned, and it was stronger than ever.

“I promise, Mum... I won’t rest until I make sure that the Rainbooms are punished for what they did.” I said to her.

She only sighed and rose her head again.

“That’s what I’m afraid of, Octavia... you’re a criminal, a killer... if I knew that this was what our world would turn into... I...” She took a second, but took a shaking breath and continued.

“I would’ve taken matters into my own hands.” She gravely added, clenching her fist.

I walked over and set my hand on her shoulder, causing her to look up at me.

“It’s okay, Mum... there was nothing you could’ve done.” I said to her.

She simply sighed and shook her head.

“I envy you, you know? I’m restrained by the law while you... you have no such confines. You see something wrong? You end it.” She said to me.

From the window, I saw my brother crawl up through the still-open window.

“That doesn’t make it right... Come on, ‘Tavi... we need your help. The Rainbooms are on the run, we can still catch ‘em.” He said to me.

I almost ripped my jacket as I tossed it to the floor, revealing my black bullet-proof vest, with a white skull spray-painted on it, over a Kevlar turtleneck....

“That’s all you needed to say. First, lemme make a stop... I’m going to need my guns.” I said to him, cracking a small smile.