• Published 12th Jun 2019
  • 875 Views, 14 Comments

Spider-Pip: Sinister Six - ZombieBrony22



After the Rainbooms escape from the Raft, Pip must rise up in order to defend his city against the new threat that he created...

  • ...
4
 14
 875

Loss

It felt like another lifetime, back before the Rainbooms became bloodthirsty, before Pip became Spider-Man...

Before my mother’s... accident.

The day was hot, and the pool alongside my parents’ mansion was opened, with only me dapping my foot into the water as I scrolled through my phone on my lounge chair...

The first post I saw was of Sweetie Belle, sneaking a pic of her sister and Pip—an old friend of mine who turned to the gimp life... as to why, I had a few guesses.

I scrolled past it and saw a selfie from Octavia, out on the beach, away from the havoc of the city.

Needless to say, things were quite normal... especially since...

Sure enough, I saw another old post about Silver Spoon...

‘Rest in Peace, Silver Spoon, suicide is not a laughing matter and is taken very seriously at Canterlot High ~ Vice Principal Celestia.’

I sighed and turned my phone off, not wanting to be bombarded with that dreaded place, anymore...

I would’ve, if my phone didn’t ring.

I grabbed the phone and read the I.D-- Vinyl Scratch, and instantly answered.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked.

Yo, yo, yo! How’s the summer, DT?” Her cheerful voice loudly asked.

“Pretty good...” I laughed, it was nice to hear her giddy voice after so long...

Along with Vinyl, another call—from Octavia.

“Oh, snap—Tavi's callin’-- hold on, lemme make this a group call.” She said as she tapped away on her phone.

In a matter of seconds, I was now speaking to both Vinyl and Octavia, the closeted but not-so-secret couple at CHS...

“Hey, babe! Whazzup?” Vinyl asked.

Octavia giggled before shaking her head.

“Ah, not much, just enjoyin’ some time away from the city.” She said, a hint of discomfort in her voice...

I figured it was about Pip, but I decided not to say anything...

So, where’s Pip? Isn’t he with you guys?” Vinyl asked her.

Silence—cold, unbearable silence.

“Well... he didn’t wanna come. He practically begged Mum to let him stay home, so... we let him. I’m pretty sure you both know why...” She said, with a bitter venom in her voice.

We kept silent for a solid minute, each of us possibly thinking of a new topic to talk about.

“So, DT... find a guy yet?” Vinyl asked her.

I let out a laugh and shook my head.

Nah. I don’t think the whole ‘love life’ is really for me, y’know?”

Octavia hummed and Vinyl simply scoffed, clearly not satisfied about my response.

“What?! I call bull, DT—just come over to my club tonight—I can get you a man, easily! N-not that I swing that way, Tavi’.” Vinyl said, quickly clarifying what she meant.

Octavia simply laughed.

“It’s all good, babe. Just make sure he treats Tiara right, or I'll have to beat him up.” She chuckled.

We all shared a laugh as I got another phone call.

“Ah, I’ll have to call you back, my mother’s calling me.” I said as I accepted the call.

“You there, Diamond?” Mom asked, clearly driving.

“Yeah, I’m here, Mom.” I said to her.

“Hey, sweetie, I’m going to be a little late from work tonight, make sure that Randolph and your father could manage to watch you until I get home.” She joked, drawing a laugh from me.

“Really? You think Dad can handle it? I dunno, it might be too much for him.” I laughed.

We both chuckled along as the door to the pool opened, and my father walked out.

“Hey, sweetie!” He said to either me or Mom, as I rolled my eyes and gave him a hug.

He then saw that I was talking to Mom and gestured if he could borrow it and I handed it to him.

“Hey, honey...” He said as he walked off into another room.

For a moment, there was peace... probably the last time I’d get it for a long time...

“Spoiled?... Spoiled!


“...I caught up with the agents in the compound, there were 18 fatalities from Sunset’s little pumpkin bombing yesterday... Diamond? You okay?” Flash asked, my mind returning to Earth as I turned to him.

I sighed and shook my head.

“Sorry about that... I was... somewhere else. How many fatalities?” I asked him.

He sighed and repeated the number while I shook my head.

“We’ll make sure they didn’t die for nothing, we’ll honor them--”

“You can’t honor the dead, Flash... you can just avenge them.” I said to him.

He hummed, seemingly understanding, and took a seat next to me.

“Yeah... I get it, you know.” He said.

I scoffed and turned away from Flash, causing him to turn over to face me.

“I don’t think you do...” I said to him.

He simply sighed and shook his head.

“I was a student at Canterlot, too, you know. I was there for Silver Spoon’s suicide, everyone was ready to bust the Rainbooms, until their sympathy posts lured the authorities away, and--”

“And what that redneck bitch’s family did to Vinyl silencing anyone wanting to expose them.” I growled...

Flash seemed surprised by that, clearly not knowing about what happened to her.

“Huh? What do you mean?” He asked me.

I glanced at the floor and shook my head.

“The less you know about it, the better... Hey, where’s Pip?”

Flash glanced up at the window, with the sun starting to set...

“He’s... busy.”


Swing, run, jump, repeat...

I was getting closer to her, I felt it... I was not going to allow another cat burglary to go unsolved.

“Veronica, keep searching for any signs of her.” I ordered my A.I, not wanting to waste any more time.

Scanning... Detected, Southern District—razor-cut hole in paned glass of museum approximately 8 minutes ago."

I don’t think I’ve ever leapt off of a building so quickly in my life, as I landed on a neighboring skyscraper, I glanced at an opening in the window—exactly the one Veronica described—and crawled in just in time to see her peeking towards me...

“Shit...” She said as she bolted in another direction.

I quickly followed suit, with her dashing up the stairs and me running and often jumping on and off of corners of every flight to keep the pace.

“Stop running, Rarity!” I called out, reaching the top floor and running up the last flight of stairs, reaching the roof where she was about ot jump off of the building.

I shot a web out and pulled her to the ground, causing her to drop a shining blue diamond onto the ground.

“No!” She cried out as she slashed at my webs with her claws and grabbed the gem again, leaping off of the roof and just landing on the other.

I ran and jumped as well, landing right behind her as I shot a web at her hand, keeping her from using her claws...

“No... no!” She tried to run again, but I webbed her again, pinning her to the vent duct.

“Damn it...” She mumbled, surrendering.

She changed her suit since last time—she swapped out her goggles for a sleek mask, her lenses tinted and the previously-mentioned finger-claws.

“Why are you running, Rarity? Don’t you know we can help you? It’s different now, the Rainbooms aren’t in power, anymore...” I panted for breath.

She sighed and sheathed her claws.

“...Let me go—please. I need this money, and I can name thousands of people who need it as well—more than that corrupt bastard.” She said, trying to break free of my webs.

I sighed and took off my mask, still trying to catch my breath.

“You’ve gotten slow, Spidey... when was our last chase, anyway?” She asked, trying to put on her brave voice.

“Far too long... I thought I lost your trail. Guess I wasn’t lookin’ hard enough.” I said as I webbed her gem and pulled it over to me, thinking of a way to return it without making me look suspicious.

“Wait!” She called out, catching my attention.

I turned to her and she was freed from the webs, standing in front of me.

“Sweetie Belle’s sick... she’s been hurting herself.” She said, holding her hands up to show me she was unarmed.

Sweetie Belle—I remember I’d see her sneaking selfies of Rarity and I when she thought we weren’t looking—decent enough, considering the competition.

“So get her a therapist—it's not too hard, nowadays.” I said to her, preparing to swing away.

“She enjoys it!” She screamed out, startling me.

I turned to her and tilted my head.

“What do you mean?”

Rarity seemed to hold back a tear as she prepared herself.

“She walked in on one of my... more intense sessions and wanted to try it herself... Pip, she carved her own face! She... used Opal to do it, and a just a few months ago, she tried to do it to Rumble... She wanted to... ‘Fix the Jigsaw’.” She trembled, letting the tears flow.

I ran over and held her— She immediately held me back as she began to sob into my shoulder.

“Rarity, why didn’t you come to us? We would’ve helped you.” I said, keeping the embrace.

“No... I’m not stupid enough to go to one of my former pets for help. That never ends well...” She whispered.

I sighed, knowing she had some truth to that statement—Mom never really trusted Rarity around me after the Battle of the Bands Incident.

“Well, things are different now. Don’t come to her as an old dominatrix—come to her as Rarity Belle, a citizen in a hard spot and she’ll understand... and if not, just let me or Adagio or Flash know.”

She chuckled and broke the embrace.

“I cannot imagine either interaction ending well, darling... but thanks for trying.” She said, preparing to run off again, gem in hand.

“You said something about that money helping others... what did you mean by that?” I asked to her.

She stopped again and didn’t even turn to me.

“The students and teachers of CHS weren’t the only lives the Rainbooms ruined.” She said as she leapt off the other roof-top, disappearing into the night.

I knew there was no point in trying to follow her again so I swung off in another direction when Adagio radioed in, thanks to S.W.O.R.D’s radio-tech.

“Well? Did you find her?” She asked me.

I almost didn’t even think about my next words.

“Yeah, I did. I’ll talk to you about it tonight, after I pay Mom a visit.” I said to her.


Tired, and quite bored after the latest meeting, I entered my office where I grabbed my things for the day, ready to close up shop, when a knock on my door took me by surprise.

“Ms. Mayor, your son is here.” My assistant said behind the door.

Pip—I haven’t really talked to him since the Rainbooms broke out.

“Let him in.” I said as I sorted a few loose papers.

With the creak of a door, I was face-to-face with my son again, for the first time in a handful of weeks.

“Hello, Pip.” I said to him, cracking a smile.

He smiled back and hugged me, an act that I returned.

“...We need to talk. About Rarity.”

My heart dropped as we sat in the table and we talked about her—apparently her sister has taken to masochism and attempted sadism, and was sent to a mental ward and Rarity has been stealing from corrupt businesses in order to pay for her sister’s medical bills, giving the rest to other victims of the Rainbooms...

“So... she needs help, but does not have anyone to turn to?” I asked him, wanting to make the story clear.

He sighed and nodded.

“Yeah. She doesn’t deserve this—she was probably the best out of the Rainbooms, she never partook in crime until now, and she never hurt anyone--”

I quickly shot him a look as he grew a shade redder and clear his throat.

“She never hurt anyone who never wanted to be hurt.” He corrected me.

I let out a chuckle as I nodded, seeing his point.

“I’ll consider reaching out, but don’t get your hopes too high.” I said to him.

He smiled and slightly nodded again.

“That’s all I ask.” He said to me.