• Published 12th Jun 2019
  • 867 Views, 14 Comments

Spider-Pip: Sinister Six - ZombieBrony22



After the Rainbooms escape from the Raft, Pip must rise up in order to defend his city against the new threat that he created...

  • ...
4
 14
 867

Immortality

After we joined up with S.W.O.R.D, the paychecks we received were... bountiful.

We were able to move out of the apartment and buy a house instead... Aria and I were going to live there, together, but I should’ve learned from the first time I tried settling down.

Octavia was out, leaving a still-upset Venom and I alone.

...V, you there?

Silence.

Come on, V? Talk to me. Please?

...You shouldn’t have left.

Venom...

Venom then swirled out of me, facing me with hints of anger on his face...

Why did you just leave?

“V, they were going to use meta-powered killers to do their dirty work—you know some of the missions we’ve been on, imagine if we had to fight alongside Rainbow, or Fluttershy... or ‘Carnage’.” I added in bitterness, finger-quoting Pinkamena’s new persona.

Venom let out a growl as he started lifting himself above me.

Then I would have, without question.

“Then you’re just as delusional as they are...” I let out a growl.

Venom let out a quick gasp, before quickly throwing back his rebuttal.

At least I’m not delusional enough to think that I can settle down with Aria Blaze.

I clenched my fists as my breathing started become sporadic...

“Take... that... back.” I whispered to him in pure rage.

Venom remained silent as he started swirling more mass to him, becoming larger with his teeth extending.

Make me.” He growled, preparing to charge at me.

I let out a shout as I started trying to choke him out, only for him to glare at me like I was an idiot.

Really?

I then decided to try to pull him out, only for him to start using his tendrils to glue my arms together. I then decided to ram him against the wall, mildly hurting myself, but Venom was letting out growls of pain as he then changed his target, emerging from my back and wrapping me in a chokehold.

You took me away from her... why?!

I struggled for breath as I began ramming myself against the back of the wall in attempts to release his iron grip. Once it loosened, I gripped him and yanked him out of me, holding him in my hand as he started bonding back with me.

“I wasn’t going to be on their side, again! The last time I was...” I started, unable to finish.

Venom stopped, swirling out and listening to me.

“...I almost turned into something else...” I whispered, my eyes growing misty.

Venom slowly swirled in silence before forming back into a small tendril and nuzzling his snake-like head against my shoulder, an act that I returned, tears starting to run down my face.

I’m... sorry.

I took a breath, knowing what I had to do.

“No, I’m sorry.”

I ripped him out of me and held him out the door, ready to let him go...

“Find someone who’s worthy of you, V...” I said as I released him and shut the door as he leapt to latch back on to me, only to be met by the door.

I sat on the floor next to the door and let the tears flow, no longer caring about holding myself back. The slow tears soon became sobs as I slammed my fist on the hardwood floor.

After a minute, the tears stopped and I slowly opened the door to see if Venom was still there, hoping he wasn’t...

Sure enough, he was gone. Where he went, I didn’t know—but I knew that he could find happiness with someone else, someone... worthy. I let out a shaky breath as I shut the door again, turning around to see Octavia, who immediately held me in a hug, an act that I returned, feeling the tears return again...


Once Flash walked out, we all returned to Adagio’s apartment—where she and I were living together. The place was seemingly expensive, almost like it was pulled from the pages of a Top 10 Penthouse Suites article. It easily fit me, Adagio, Diamond, and Bon-Bon.

We were still arguing about a Suicide Squad, with Diamond somewhat on-board while Adagio and I were completely against it.

“There’re just too many risks in this—what if they break out? What if they use what they learned from us against us?” I asked Bon-Bon.

She wasn’t clearly on-board, either... but she had orders, and I respected that. Wasn’t my fault that they were dumb-ass orders.

“You think I want this, Pip? I already told you earlier, I’d sentence them to the Vault if I had my way... but Tempest has other plans.” She said, turning away in anger.

Adagio sighed and got up and walked off into another room, with me deciding to follow.

“’Dagi? You okay?” I asked her, while she clenched her fists and took a deep breath.

“I’ve been on this planet a long time, Pip. I’ve been in wars, before, and one thing I learned? Compromises never work—exceptionsnever work. All they do is make things worse, and they’re cheap...” Adagio said, her amulet starting to glow again.

It was abnormal for it to be glowing under normal circumstances, yet I’ve seen it glow normally for a while, now...

“I’ve been meanin’ to ask you—your amulet, it’s been glowing...” I said to her.

She sighed and sat back on the bed, gesturing me to sit with her, which I obliged.

“...Over 70 years ago, I fell in love.” She started.

I let out a hum and turned to her—she never really talked about her past before... not like this.

“He was a scrawny, skinny kid from Brooklyn, he wanted to fight in World War 2, but he was far from qualified. Then, something happened—he was part of an experiment to make a super-soldier. They succeeded, and they created Captain America.” She smiled.

I almost jumped off of the bed once I heard that name.

“Wait, wait—you knew Captain America? S-Steve Rogers, Captain America?” I ecstatically asked.

She smiled and nodded.

“Yep. When his comics were being made, I asked them to keep my name anonymous so they give me a fake alias: Peggy Carter.”

At this point, I was shaking in the bed—I figured she’d been around for so long, but she met and fought alongside the Captain America?

“But like I said: That was 70 years ago. The Super Solider serum was almost perfect... but it couldn’t stop aging. A few months after the war, he asked me to marry him... he knew the truth about me, that I’m immortal... he said he didn’t care, that he wanted to spend his life with me. I told him no, and that was the last time I saw him...”

I heard the shakiness in her voice and saw her eyes begin to water. I scooted over and rested my arm on her and she leaned her head on my chest. As we embraced, I felt an odd shiver run down my spine, but I ignored it, holding her tighter.

“I don’t want to make the same mistake again.” She said as she once again set her hand on her amulet, the necklace starting to glow...

At that moment, I understood what she meant.

“’Dagio...” I said to her as she tugged her necklace off, its power fading away.

She held it in her hand, admiring it as she turned back to me.

“After all of these years, I never took this thing off... I guess I was always afraid my powers wouldn’t come back... but all it does is go dull.” She smiled, putting it back on, sighing as the power returned to her.

As we went back out into the living room, we were greeted by Twilight—without the mechanical arms, her hair running down to her back, and a sword sheathed, with the purple gem from the Battle of the Bands imbedded into the guard.

“Where is Flash Sentry?” She simply asked.

Then, from my chest... Venom swirled out, turning to Twilight.

Who’s asking?

I let out a scream as Twilight simply turned to Venom, beginning to talk to him.

“It’s about Aria Blaze.”

Before I could ask more, Bon-Bon came back into the room, holding a tablet.

“Guys-- Applejack has been located by S.W.O.R.D-- she’s downtown in some old abandoned bar.” She said.

I chuckled and turned to her.

“If you think that we’re going to the bloody Bar with No Name for you and gathering one of your Suicide Soldiers--”

“I’m not doing this for S.W.O.R.D anymore—I sent them a dummy location, you guys have at least 2 hours before they actually locate her.” She said, turning to leave, stopping after seeing Twilight.

“Your Highness...” She said as she walked out the door, shutting it behind her.

We all looked at each other, the new Twilight hopping for the ride.

“Your Highness, you get to Flash, take Venom with you--”

And miss this epic team-up? No way.” Venom seemingly swirled in anticipation.

I groaned and nodded to Venom, letting him slither back inside of my stomach, causing me to cringe.

“Okay... the rest of us have one job—get to this bar and get Applejack—and let’s try to turn her in to the proper authorities, this time...” I said, going to grab my suit.

You won’t be needing that...

Venom began emerging out of me, enveloping me in his essence, soon morphing my body into an all-black suit, with raised webbing running down it and a large, white symbol stretching across my chest and back.

“Oh, shit! Okay... let’s roll!” I said, shooting out a symbiote-web and swinging into the city while the others followed.