• Published 10th May 2019
  • 2,352 Views, 65 Comments

Is a Shark Mare's Bark Worse Than Her Bite? - Robipony



You have come to Haywaiian to make some research for your next book. It is here in this island paradise that you meet the diamond dog, Holly and a shark pony named Jagged Nibble. Enjoy your stay.

  • ...
3
 65
 2,352

Day 2 - Lawai`a

You found yourself sitting on the beach, the waves splashing against the shore. It was nice and relaxing, the water splashing up against your legs as you sat barely within range of the tide.

"Hello there."

Turning you noticed a familiar mare walking through the sand. A mare with a pale blue coat along with a tan mane, tail and fuzzy neck. Two curved horns stretching off the side of her head. Her pink eyes glistened as she approached you.

"Amble Barb?"

"Yeah, it's me."

The chimera pony sat down next to you, her coat dripping with water. Her glistening fur causing your heart to skip a beat.

"So what are you doing here?" You asked.

"Oh, I just wanted to hang out with my favorite stallion." Amble said, resting her head against your shoulder, positioning it in a way that her horns wouldn't harm you.

The two of you sat on the beach for a while, the water splashing against your hooves.

"So how have things been in the Crystal Empire?"

"Slow."

"Slow?"

Amble looks up at you, her cheeks a soft shade of pink.

"Yes."

Taking her head off your shoulder, Amble looked at you, her eyes filled with wanting. Your heart almost stopped in response to the sultry look.

"My days feel like they take forever when you're not around."

"I... I didn't realize you felt that way."

Slowly, Amble leaned toward you, puckering her lips to kiss you. Your heart beat loudly inside your ears as Amble's lips drew closer. You wanted to give in, to kiss her back and claim this mare for your own.

As your lips locked, your body seemed to grow warm from the touch. A euphoric and pleasant feeling flowing through you.

Opening your eyes, you withdrew in horror when you realized it wasn't Amble that you had kissed. Sitting in front of you was a shark mare, who glared at you with bright yellow eyes.

"I... Uh!"

The mare's lips quivered angrily, pulling back to reveal row upon row of razor sharp teeth. Slowly the jaws began to separate.

"W-wait!"

The mouth opened wide, the teeth coming closer as the shark mare prepared to bite you. Then right as the jaws we're about to slam shut...

You awoke in your bed, your body drenched in sweat. The sound of the music still playing from the radio. Pulling yourself out of bed, you open the curtains, revealing that the creepy gecko had left in the middle of the night.

Going to the bathroom you took a quick shower to wash off the sweat that clung to your coat. As you dry off, you consider what occurred in your dream.

"I wonder how she's doing?"

You hadn't seen Amble since the time you met on the train, on the way to the Crystal Empire. Sadly, your travels hadn't brought you back to the empire, nor had you heard word from Amble herself. However, even with that the presence of a romantically charged dream did seem a little odd. Perhaps the music you had been listening to had something to do with it.

"I do hope things are working out for her."

You hadn't heard any news about the sanctuary Amble had been working on, so you were hoping that it was just taking a long time to develop. Not that it had been cancelled for some reason.

You pushed your worry aside as you finished drying off. You then proceeded out into the bedroom and turned off the radio before leaving your room.


The sun was shining overhead as you walked down the street toward the docks. The streets were a bustle as the local residents went about their daily lives and the tourists moved around the city with intrigue.

Arriving at the docks, it didn't take you too long to find the couple you were looking for. Fleur De Lis wore a white sundress along with a beach hat, both of which complimented her form. Fancy Pants wore a orange Haywaiian shirt along with a pair of sunglasses.

"Hello."

"We are glad you could join us." Fleur said, with a bright smile.

"Thank you for inviting me." You replied, "So, your friend has a boat?"

"Yes, it is this way." Fancy Pants said, indicating the direction with a hoof.

Fleur skipped on ahead happily, while you and Fancy Pants followed.

"Now listen," Fancy Pants spoke in a hushed tone, "here on the islands there are some important customs in regards to fishing."

"Like what?" You asked.

"When fishing remember that the first fish you catch goes to the captain of the vessel," Fancy Pants explained, "the second fish goes to the guest and the remaining fish are divided up as both the captain and the guest see fit. Usually it is split down the middle."

"I see. And is there a reason you are whispering?"

Fancy Pants gave an embarrassed look.

"I may or may not have unknowingly broken this tradition on my first visit," Fancy Pants answered, "I also may or may not have been thrown overboard while wearing a designer suit."

As you walked along the docks, you noticed ships of various shapes, sizes and colors resting in the port.

"Here we are!" Fleur said, pointing at a decently sized vessel, that appeared that it could serve as both a boat and a home for its captain. Though you did find the large antenna attached to the top to be a little odd. The words, The Oyster were painted onto the side of the ship.

"Hey, Jag we're here!" Fleur called out.

Stepping out of the ship's cabin, was a familiar looking shark mare, her eyes bright when she saw Fleur. Moving in a hurry, Jagged left the cabin and ran down the gangplank to reunite with her friend.

"Lis!"

The two mares greeted each other as Fancy Pants and you drew near.

"It is great to see you again." Jagged Nibble's expression changed to annoyance when she spotted Fancy Pants. "And I see you brought your husband."

Something about Jagged Nibble's mood and the sweat on Fancy Pant's brow, indicated that this was the captain that had chucked him overboard.

"Yes, here I am." Fancy Pants answered nervously.

Jagged's amber eyes seemed to pierce Fancy Pant's calm demeanor, before they turned toward you.

"And who is this?"

"I hope you don't mind," Fleur stepped in, "we invited a friend to come along."

Jagged looked you over, before a smile crept across her face. An air of curiosity and mischief surrounding her in that brief moment.

"No, I don't mind," Jagged answered, "In fact I was hoping to meet this friend of yours."

"Do you know each other?" Fleur asked.

You were about to speak, when the shark mare interrupted. "We are familiar with each other. However, we haven't been properly introduced. Well, come along then."

Jagged Nibble lead you and the others up the gangplank onto her boat. Once everypony was on board, Jagged lifted the plank, raised the anchor, turned on the engine and directed the ship out into the open sea.

Now that you were on the boat you were able to examine it more closely. While not in the most pristine condition, the ship was clearly maintained with care. As for the antenna you could see that it was jury-rigged to the side of the boat's main cabin with some wires going inside.

While you didn't know too much about electronics, you were pretty sure that this antenna was too large to be used just to receive any signals. Perhaps you could ask your host about it later.

The sea breeze was rather nice and you were grateful that your body decided not to betray you or your breakfast. While both Fleur and Jagged could be seen visiting in the boat's navigational room, Fancy Pants was standing by the railing, staring out into the ocean. You decided that this would be a good time to visit with the rich stallion.

"So they know each other," you said as you stood next to Fancy Pants.

"Yeah, when we came here to Haywaii on our first visit the two met each other," Fancy Pants answered, "they became close friends shortly after."

"I was wondering something. Are the rumors that Fleur..."

As you were about to ask the question, Fancy Pants turned and gave you a knowing look.

"Might be a seapony true?" Fancy Pants finished your inquiry.

"Uh... Yeah."

Fancy Pants pausing, looking you over very carefully before answering.

"It really depends," Fancy Pants replied, "if I say anything, one way or another, will I read about in a book or newspaper?"

You contemplated what he was asking, as he looked you over suspiciously.

"I assure you," you answered, "that if I write anything about her, I will change the name, description and events so that your privacy is maintained."

He gave you another look over, as if trying to discern any deceit that might be in your words. Not seeing any ill intent, Fancy Pants looked back out to the sea.

"Our paths crossed as the result of a storm, she and I," Fancy Pants explained, "we became close friends and gradually we fell in love. I wished to show her the surface and while that seemed nearly impossible with her being an octopony, when you're in love, anything is possible. So I found a spell and with a few alterations, I managed to make it work."

"Does she like it," You asked, "being like a normal pony, I mean."

Fancy Pants chuckled at the question.

"Even in this form, I don't think I would consider Fleur to be a normal pony. She is my wife, so she is special to me," Fancy Pants answered, "but to answer the question, while she loves being with me, there are times she becomes 'home sick' if you understand what I mean. In a way the sea will always be her home, which is why we take annual trips to visit. So she can get her tendrils wet. Not to say that we don't do that at home."

While you weren't too certain what Fancy Pants meant by the last statement, it was perfectly clear that the stallion loved his wife very dearly.

"And what about Jagged?"

"Ah, yes. We met her here last year," Fancy Pants explained, "I can't say for certain, but I believe that seaponies have a way of sensing one another. Probably something to do with how large the ocean is. Anyway, Fleur and Jagged met and they became friends. I on the other hoof, kind of made a fool out of myself."

It would seem that both Jagged Nibble and Holly shared that same tendency for holding onto grudges.

"So Jagged is mad at you."

"Kind of. Though I wonder if she is merely doing it, just to harass me."

Soon the ship's engine turned off and the boat slowed to a stop. Having reached the destination assigned by the ship's captain, Jagged Nibble and Fleur joined you and Fancy Pants. The shark mare had four fishing rods with her.

"Alright, here we are!" Jagged called out, "Grab your bait and pick a side of the boat to fish from!"

Fancy Pants and Fleur took the rods and went to left side of the ship, leaving you and Jagged to fish on the right side. Remembering some of your research on boat's this would be the starboard side.

While you had seen other ponies fish, you sadly hadn't been blessed with such experiences in your line of work. So as carefully as you could, you used your magic to take some bait and place it on the hook. For a moment you were quite proud of yourself, until you noticed the captain looking at your with one raised eyebrow.

"Is this your first time fishing?" Jagged Nibble asked.

...

"Yes."

Jagged Nibble let out a little chuckle, a feeling of annoyance radiating in your stomach as you tried to discern if her laughter was truly malicious.

"Did I do it wrong?" You asked.

"Oh, no! No!" Jagged giggled, "You did a great job. It was just kind of amusing to watch you put the bait so gently on the hook."

As her snickering came to an end, a sincere smile stretched across the shark mare's face.

"My name is Jagged Nibble," Jagged introduced herself, "though I am sure Holly already told you that. Personally I hate it when my friends call me that, so you can just call me Jag."

Right as she finished speaking, Jag began to bait her hook. Without magic, Jag used her mouth to hold the hook, while using her hooves to put on the bait.

With the hook properly baited, Jag let the string loss and hurled the lure out into the water.

You prepared to repeat her actions, when Jag gave you a careful warning. "Hold onto your fishing rod. You don't want to throw that in too."

You both laughed at the joke, before you cast your lure into the sea.

"So do you only fish using a rod and bait," you asked, "or do you use any other methods to catch fish?"

"When I invite others on my boat," Jag answered, "I stick to this method."

"What if you're alone?"

"Well, then it depends on how I feel. Sometimes I just dive in and uses these to catch my prey."

Jag flashed her rows of razor sharp teeth. It was definitely unsettling, though not as much as it had been when you had first met.

"Okay," you continued to inquire, "which of the two methods do you prefer?"

"Oh, definitely dive fishing," Jag answered, "it just feels more natural having the water rush across my gills and catching a juicy fish using my own teeth. It is actually quite exhilarating."

"I bet it is."

Jag pointed to a rock outcropping, jutting out of the side of the cliff toward the sea, "You see that? That is Spotter's Point! It is a nice place to sit and relax if you ever feel like it."

"Have you been there before?"

"From time to time," Jag answered, "it is a place I like to go when I'm feeling upset."

As the two of you spoke, the memory of Jag and Holly's encounter yesterday came to mind.

"I know this might be a touchy subject," you spoke up, "but when we meet yesterday you and Holly seemed to have quite a rivalry, the two of you."

There was a moment of silence, as Jag sat there, contemplated what to say.

"We weren't always rivals," Jag answered, "in fact, Holly and I used to be close friends."

"What happened?"

"Apparently, during a luau, I may have had too much to drink," Jag explained, "and I may have in a delirious state... Hit on her sirefriend."

"sirefriend?"

"Well, her special somepony, to ponies like us. A diamond dog by the name of Hammer," Jag continued, "anyway, I have tried to apologise to her, however she's always trying to keep her distance."

"Is she still friends with Hammer?"

"I don't know," Jag answered, "I haven't gone to any of the luaus lately. I'm not sure I would be welcomed anyway."

It was then that you felt a tug on your fishing pole.

"Looks like you caught something," Jag said, "if you don't reel it in, it'll get away!"


By the end of the day you were proud that you managed to catch five fish. Fancy Pants had caught up total of four fish, while his wife, Fleur managed to catch seven. Of course as expected, captain Nibble managed to catch the most with nine fish total.

Following Fancy Pant's advice, you offered Jag your first fish, which she gladly accepted and it was agreed upon that of the fish being split down the middle she would only take one from you. Fleur De Lis was also treated in a likewise manner.

As for Fancy Pants...

"I wondering if I should take two for my share." Jag contemplated.

"What? Why?" Fancy Pants asked.

"Because you invited another tourist along without telling me," Jag answered, "it isn't... Proper to invite others without alerting the captain."

For a brief moment it looked like Fancy Pants might argue a little bit more, but after letting out a deep sigh, he relented.

"Very well, you can have it."

Looking at Jag's expression, you could guess that this wasn't quite the reaction she had wanted. Judging by her mouth movements she was probably grinding her teeth.

"You know what, fine. I will only take one of your fish."

"What? Really?"

"Yes." Jagged Nibble gave Fancy Pants a big grin, showing her sharp teeth in a menacing manner. "Just try to remember how generous I can be."

Sweat dripped down his brow.

"Yeah... Okay."

With the fish divided, they were properly cleaned and bagged, to be saved for a future meal.

At this point the sun was nearing the horizon, as Celestia brought the day to a close.

"We should probably head back to shore." Fleur said.

Jag nodded and went back into the navigation room. Shortly after the engines started and the vessel turned back to shore. While the ship made its course, Fancy Pants and Fleur walked to the bow of the ship.

This left you with your thoughts as you leaned against the rail and watched the passing waves.

By the time you arrived in the harbor, the sun was about to set.

"Well, we're going back to our hotel," Fleur said, "see you both later!"

"See you later!" Jag said waving goodbye to her friend.

Both Fleur and Fancy Pants turned and walked down the street, snuggled up together like two little love birds.

"I guess I should probably be going too." You said.

"If you want," Jag spoke up, "or you could come with me and be drinking buddies for tonight."

While you were sure that this was a bad idea, there were still a few questions you wanted to ask her, especially about her shark like characteristics, and there was no guarantee that you would see her again before you had to leave. So, you decided to come along.

"Lead the way."

You followed Jag to another bar, a different one from the night before. This establishment had a sign, calling it, the Doctor's Advice.

Following Jag inside, you found yourself in a room that was mostly dark, except for some black lights along the supporting pillars, the radius of the dance floor and behind the drinks at the main bar. Along the pillars were sections containing moving blobs and bubbles, giving of the appearance of a purple lava lamp. It was quite apparent now that this wasn't so much a bar as it was a full blown night club.

Customers of various races sat at the tables and danced on the dance floor. Though most of them were diamond dogs who were looking wary of the other races.

As Jag approached the main bench, you caught sight of two big diamond dogs carrying a battered pegasus stallion out of the bar.

"Uhhh... What was that?" You asked as you sat down next to Jag.

"Just a growler being shown the door." Jag answered, as if it was no big deal.

You remembered Holly's warning, that disrespectful tourist or growlers were rarely tolerated by the locals.

"I hope you don't mind me asking," you inquired, "I was wondering if you might be willing to tell me about your shark mare characteristics."

"You wouldn't be the first to ask," Jag answered, "if you want to ask questions then you're also going to have to buy me a drink or two."

You nodded.

"Deal."

A smile stretched across Jag's face, before she waved the bartender over. He was a gray diamond dog with broad shoulders and a butler suit.

"Hey Fido!" Jag called out, "I'll have a glass of Honest Apple Whiskey... Hold the rocks."

"I guess I will have the same." You spoke up.

"Oh, and he's paying." A mischievous grin stretched across Jag's face.

After you placed down the bits, Fido scooped up the coins before pulling out two glasses, opening a bottle and filling them. Once both glasses were filled, Fido push one to you and one to Jag.

"Alright, bottoms up!"

Taking the glass in both hooves, Jag opened her mouth, threw her head back and swallowed the whole drink. Once the glass was empty, Jag slammed it down on the table, before turning to you with a raised eyebrow.

Using your magic you lifted the glass to your lips and following Jag's example, you swallowed the alcohol in one big gulp and slammed the glass down onto the table. Immediately your throat began to burn as the whiskey passed through, eliciting a cough. Jag chuckled at the display and motioned for Fido to refill the glasses.

"So, what's your first question?"

"Yes, *cough* you said earlier you have gills," You asked, "does that mean you are able to breathe underwater for extended periods of time?"

"I can indeed," Jag answered, "in fact I can stay underwater for quite a while. However, doing so will deplete any residual oxygen in my lungs. When that occurs that transition from breathing underwater to breathing above water can be a bit... painful."

"How so?"

"Imagine that under all that pressure your lungs become a deflated balloon. That in order to breath above the water you have to inflate that balloon enough to provide room for more oxygen. So if I were to just burst forth from the water without having any oxygen in my lungs and no water flowing over my gills, I am pretty much suffocating. As a result when I feel that my lungs are completely depleted I will usually drift with my head above the water, to allow my gills to pick up oxygen from the water while filling my lungs with air through my mouth."

"I see."

Jag swallowed another glass of whiskey and motioned for me to do the same.

"If I am going to answer your questions you need to drink too."

You don't recall this being a part of the bargain, however not wanting to annoy her, you followed her instructions and took another swig of the alcohol. While it still burned going down, it wasn't as bad as last time and you started to feel a heat welling up in your stomach.

"Alright, so I noticed that you have a different style compared to most of the ponies and natives I have seen here. Is there any particular reason for that?"

"Well, when I first came here to the islands, the natives referred to me as an Aumakanni."

"An Aumakanni?"

It was that word you had heard Holly mention yesterday.

"It's basically a sea spirit, the natives think of them as messengers from the sea," Jag continued, "well, three of us washed ashore and from that moment we were called the Aumakanni. However, after a long while it felt like that was all I was to them. Just some shark pony sent to them by the gods. Out of the three of us, two of us were female and one was male, so when those two married, I was alone. A lonely Aumakanni. Well, I didn't want that to define me, so I decided to define and rediscover who I was. You see this mane?"

Jag motioned to her purple and blue mohawk with a hoof.

"Yes."

"I found the styling in a magazine," Jag said, "I just loved how the mare wore it as if it were her own style. So I cut my mane and dyed some of it blue. I enjoyed certain aspects of the punk style and took them as my own. Then one day I found that I enjoyed electronic music, however it is kind of hard to find that kind of music here. So after some hard work I found a way to have it brought back here to the islands, so that others too might enjoy it."

As Jag waved for another round, you recalled listening to Coldwave last night on the radio and now that you had spent plenty of time with her, you were almost certain that Jag might actually be the DJ Sharp. Now there was a question you had to ask.

"Hey, you wouldn't happen to DJ Sharp from Channel 93.9 would you?"

Jagged Nibble seemed to ponder your question, then looking at your glass, Jag gave you a wicked smile.

"Drink two more glasses," Jag said, "and I'll tell you."

Throwing back another glass, Jag took another drink. Wanting the answer to your question, you threw back your head and drank more of the whiskey. It now felt like your belly was a furnace.

*Cough* "Another!" You told the bartender and Jag let out a little snicker.

Taking your fourth drink, the world around you seemed a little bit off. Perhaps a little lopsided... or wobbly. It was hard to tell. Looking back at Jag, the shark mare motioned for you to come closer as if to whisper some sort of secret into your ear. You complied.

"I am DJ Sharp." Jag giggled.

Stepping off the bar stool, Jag motioned with a hoof for you to follow as she made her way to the dance floor. Jumping off the bar stool you found your legs were a little wobbly. No big deal.

All around the dance floor were various creatures, each moving with their own style to the beat of the music. Some would move and tandem with others, while some just danced by themselves.

As you followed Jag to the dance floor, you noticed a few of the other club goers giving you and the shark mare strange looks. Some seemed weary of the shark in their midst, while others looked at her curiously. Much like her animalistic side, Jag was able to cut through the crowd, until she found a spot she wanted to dance at.

Jag moved to the music, her hips swaying back and forth, her head bobbing to the beat. Her slender tail moving back and forth like a predator in the water. An elegant dance from a practiced individual.

Your movements on the other hoof, were much sloppier, a clear sign both that you hadn't danced for a long time and the fact that you were probably a little tipsy.

"You dance like an old stallion," Jag giggled.

"Yeah," you snickered, "what's wrong with that?"

Jag stepped closer, her face drawing closer to yours.

"Try to move less like a robot and more like a reed," Jag suggested, "just move your hips back forth to the music. Like kelp moving with the current."

You tried to imitate Jag's motions, as she rocked to the beat and it wasn't too long before your movements were synchronized. Your bodies moving as one to the rhythm of the music. As the two of you danced, you couldn't help but admire how cute she looked. Of course, that also could have been a side effect of the alcohol you had consumed.

"You're pretty good at this." You said.

Jag chuckled, "I enjoy coming here."

"Do you always try to dance so closely with others?"

Jag gave a toothy grin, "Only with ponies I like."

A few more songs passed by with you and Jag dancing with one another. Once you both finished dancing, you returned to the main bar, where Fido was polishing some mugs.

"How do you do it?" You asked.

"Do what?"

"Manage doing all of this," you answered, "going to night clubs, living on the sea and running your own radio program?"

"Oh, it's quite simple," Jag chuckled, "I fish during the day and at night I broadcast my show from my boat."

You motioned for Fido to refill the drinks. Any worry you had about the evening was gone. Now there was only you, Jag and the glass right in front of you... oh and Fido. You tried to make a mental note not to forget Fido.

"That's amazing. You're kind of like one of the Power Ponies."

"Power Ponies?" Jag inquired, "Who are they?"

"Some group of comic book super heroes," you answered, "apparently they're really good comics."

You tried to reach for your glass and for some reason it felt as if it was further way. Not too sure why. Maybe it had sprouted tiny little legs and walked a little ways. How silly.

"We don't have very many comics here." Jag said. As she spoke you became transfixed on her teeth.

"Has anypony told you that you have really nice teeth?"

Jag just got a laugh out of that and started slamming her hoof against the counter.

"I know right! They would say that in the white room all the time!"

Then almost as if a switch had been hit, Jag's mood changed. Her expression becoming distant and sad.

"Are you okay?"

"Uh... yeah... I'll be fine. Let's have another drink!"

"You read my mind!"

The rest of the night was a bit fuzzy, but from what you can recall, you and Jag had a few more drinks, danced a little more on the dance floor, before stepping outside of the bar. As of right now, it felt like the whole world was swaying under your hooves.

There were still a few street vendors out, serving to drunk tourists as they left the local bars. Looking around you saw one vendor selling stuffed toys of the various aquatic life around the island.

"Hey how about I buy you something," you said as you stumbled toward the vendor.

"You've... Already bought me plenty," Jag said placing a hoof over her mouth to hold back a hiccup.

"Oh, I insist. You have been... So nice to me."

"Very well," Jag relented, "but then... I'm buying you one... Too."

"D-deal."

The two of you stood in front of the vendor, contemplating what to purchase. After examining a few of the plushies, one if them caught your eye.

"I think I'll buy you... That one."

You pointed a hoof at a purple octopus plushie with blue circles along its fabric tentacles.

"Why?" Jag asked.

"Well, you're friends with an octopony," you answered, "so why not?"

It made sense in your head at the time.

"Okay, then I'll buy... This one."

Jag pointed a hoof at a gray shark plushie. You giggled, a clever question popping up in your head.

"Why?"

"Well, you will be going back to the mainland right?"

"Eeyep," it was now your turn to try to hold back a hiccup.

"So you'll need something to remember me by." Jag answered.

You nodded.

"Okay."

After a lengthy exchange with the vendor, both you and Jag managed to buy the plush animals you had sought out.

"Well, it was nice meeting you!" Jag said as she began to wobble down to the docks.

"It was nice seeing you too!" You called back, "And don't worry I think you're very unique! You are your own mare!"

"Damn right I am!"

Slowly you made your way back to the hotel. Occasionally you would find a puddle or a crack in the road that you would try to side step, only to then find yourself in a bush, palm tree or garbage can. At one point you had considered letting your new shark plushie swim in one of the puddles, then you reminded yourself that it wasn't a real shark. If it was there wasn't enough water for her to swim in and she would die from not getting enough oxygenated water against her gills. This thought made you sad and you began to sob for a while until you forgot what you were sad about and resumed your journey.

When you reached the front door of your hotel, you found that you couldn't open the door. It wasn't until after some yelling, crying and praying to Celestria for forgiveness, that you realized that you had been pushing on a pull door this whole time.

After stumbling up the stairs, you finally arrived in front of the door to your room. You fumbled with the key for a bit but eventually you managed to open it. Stepping inside you were greeted by a swarm of geckos who were sitting on the bed watching the television. Or maybe it was just one gecko. You couldn't really tell for sure. They seemed to be shifting in and out of one another.

"How did you do that?" You asked.

Stepping inside the room you stretched and let out a big yawn before walking over to the table with the radio. After a few attempt and almost knocking the contraption off the table, you managed to turn it on to Coldwave.

Walking back over to the bed, you sat down with your shark plushie and watched the show the gecko was watching. For some reason you found the sight of black, white and gray worms wiggling on the screen to be quite entertaining.

"This has been fun," You told the gecko, "however I really need to get some sleep."

After a few failed attempts you managed to pick up the remote and turned the television, before crawling under the covers and drifting off to sleep.