• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 19,827 Views, 661 Comments

An Egghead's Guide to Pick-Up-Lines - LittleAngelStocking



Twilight Sparkle finds a book of Pick-Up-Lines

  • ...
43
 661
 19,827

Chapter Four - A Little Massage

Twilight’s head throbbed. And her side hurt. Bright sunlight was streaming in through the window, lighting the room. “F-Fluttershy?” she grunted, opening her eyes. She was lying on something soft, a bed she realized.

“Oh! Twilight, you’re awake!” Fluttershy’s face appeared above Twilight’s; her cheeks were red as a tomato.

“Fluttershy - what happened?” Twilight groaned, sitting up and rubbing her aching head.

“Shhh, it’s alright. You just had a nasty fall,” Twilight noticed the butter-colored Pegasus shoot Angel Bunny a look, who crossed his arms and turned his head defiantly.

Twilight guessed she was in Fluttershy’s room. Well duh, she thought to herself. She turned to Fluttershy, who was lying next to her.

“It’s all right,” Fluttershy assured her, “I put some ice on your head, you’ll be fine.”

Fluttershy gently pushed her back down. “Don’t strain yourself though, just relax,”

“Okay…” Twilight mumbled, still feeling rather dizzy.

“How long was I out?”

“About thirty minutes,”

Twilight noticed Fluttershy was avoiding eye-contact, and was still blushing like a rose. “Are you okay?” The unicorn reached over with a hoof, but Fluttershy shied away.

Twilight blinked. “…Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy nuzzled Twilight’s neck. “Sorry, Twilight. I just - nothing. Please, relax, don’t hurt yourself…”

Twilight brushed her damp (Was that sweat, or was it still just damp from the bath…?) mane out of her eyes and forced herself to relax. “Fluttershy, what happened? I remember eating a sandwich…”

“You tripped, is all… yeah…” Fluttershy mumbled.

“Really? I don’t remember even walking, but my memory feels so hazy…”

“That’s normal with head bumps, you’ll be alright,” Fluttershy sighed, Twilight felt her warm breathe on her neck and felt suddenly very calm.

Fluttershy extended a wing over Twilight’s back, and turned to face her, yet she kept her eyes on her hooves.

“You seem… tense,” Fluttershy said quietly. “Are you alright?”

“I think so, I just – ohhh,” she moaned suddenly when Fluttershy turned and started gently massaging her shoulders with her hooves. “It’s good for the muscles,” Fluttershy mumbled quietly. “That’s what Aloe and Lotus always say,”

“Who?” Twilight felt a shiver run down her spine – not a bad one…

“Th-the spa ponies,” Fluttershy said softly. “Um, would you like me to stop…?”

“No…” Twilight sighed, this felt wonderful. Fluttershy turned so she was in a more comfortable position, both wings slightly spread. The feather-tips of one wing tickled Twilight’s nose.

Suddenly, Twilight’s entire body stiffened, half-lidded eyes flying open. “Fluttershy, wait a second! You didn’t-“

“Huh... NO!” Fluttershy gasped, horrified, jumping into the air. “No, no! I didn’t do anything!”

Twilight, suddenly feeling less dizzy jumped to her hooves. “Twilight, wait I’m sorry!” Fluttershy called, eyes filling with tears. Twilight jumped off the bed, suddenly feeling very dirty.

“No, no! Twilight, this isn’t what you think!”

“I didn’t trip, did I!” Twilight pointed an accusatory hoof at the Pegasus. “You did something to the sandwich!”

“No, no! It wasn’t me, it was Angel I swear!”

“Angel did it?!” Twilight… actually didn’t find that hard to believe. “Twilight!” Fluttershy landed next to Twilight, put a hoof up as though to step forward, then lowered her eyes and folded her wings.

Twilight felt the gentle wind of her friends wings, and clenched her eyes shut tight. “Fluttershy, I… you didn’t…”

Fluttershy shook her head furiously. “NO! No, nothing like that, I swear!”

Twilight turned to look at her, and Fluttershy’s throat constricted, and she swallowed the lump in it. “Please don’t be mad at me… You’re not mad at me, are you?”

“…No. I’m not mad at you, Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy stepped forward to hug the unicorn, but found herself rooted to the spot. “Twilight, please forgive me.”

“I already have. But…”

“Yes…?”

“I have to go. For now, uh… I hope… we can forget about all this. I hope… I’ll be back soon to see you, okay?”

“O-okay.” Fluttershy stared at her hooves. “Twilight, we can still be friends, right?”

Twilight smiled at her friend, tears clouding her vision. “Of course we can.”

~~~

“Okay. I honestly can’t say I know whether that went well or not,” Twilight said as she walked down the path towards Ponyville. She was blushing furiously, and wiped a tear out of her eye. “I think Applejack and Rainbow Dash can wait. I just want to go home for now,” she shook out her mane, her head felt better.

Twilight was feeling less than enthusiastic when Pinkie Pie appeared next to her. “Hiya, Twilight!” She smiled cheerfully.

“Oh. Hey Pinkie Pie.”

“I sense a case of the doomy gloomys! Are you okay?”

“Hey, Pinkie?”

“Yeah?”

“Have you ever done something where you accidentally hurt a lot of ponies inside, including yourself, and you really want to make it better but don’t know what to do, and you try to make it better but it just ends up worse or where you left off?”

Pinkie seemed to pause, taking it all in. “Hmm… well, there was that one time where I thought you girls had abandoned me and didn’t like my parties and I thought you threw me a farewell party… Does that count?”

Twilight blinked. “Well… I guess? But we were the ones who hurt you, and you seemed fine once we got it sorted out.”

“Yeah, but I felt so bad that I’d doubted you all, that’s why I kept giving you all free snacks and lunches for like a week afterwards!”

“So that’s why you did it…”

“Yep!”

“This is different, though,” Twilight said softly. “I think. It feels different… but it’s a different problem altogether.”

Twilight had to stop walking when Pinkie wrapped a hoof around her neck. “What’s wrong, Twilight? Auntie Pinkie Pie will listen!”

As glad as she was that Pinkie was so willing to help, she gently pushed her away. “Sorry Pinkie, It’s just not… I don’t know. It’s hard to explain,”

“Are you sure about that?”

“Yes Pinkie, thank you for being so willing to listen, though.” With that she broke into a full gallop towards Golden Oaks Library.

Pinkie Pie watched her go, frowning. “Something is wrong with that pony, and Pinkie Pie is gonna find out and then make it better!”

~~~

“Twilight, where have you been?” Spike greeted her as she walked in the door, and kicked it shut with a back hoof. “…Are you okay?”

“What? Oh! Yeah, I’m fine.” Suddenly, she jumped up as if she’d been startled and a broad smile crossed her face. “I’ve got it! You’ve just given me an idea!”

“I did? Woah!” The little dragon cried as she tugged him up in her telekinesis and hugged him tightly.

“Ah! What did I do?”

“Spike, hang on!” she dropped him to the floor and galloped up the stairs. Seconds later, she was running back down, something held in her levitation.

“Spike! I need you to go to Rarity’s!”

“You do?” Spike perked up, and was on his feet immediately. “Yes, and take this with you!” She shoved the box she had in her magic into his chest, and he grabbed onto it.

“This… This is the gift I was planning on giving her,” Spike stared at her.

“Yeah… wouldn’t want you to forget now, would we?”

“Well, actually I was planning on giving it to her for her birthday…” Spike smiled sheepishly.

“But that’s months away,” Twilight stated, “And besides, you can get her another gift then, right?”

“Yeah…”

“Right then, off you go!” She gently nudged him towards the door. “And don’t tell her I’m sending you there, mkay?”

“Okay, but what’s all this about?” He stared at her. She paused, searching for the right answer.

“Well, you… I need some time alone…”

“Uh, okay.” Spike said, still confused. Why was Twilight acting so weird? Still, not that he was complaining… he gets to go visit Rarity!

~~~

“Alright…” Twilight paced back and forth. The clopping of her hooves on the wooden floor was the only sound that could be heard in the library.

“Who next, who next who next… Rainbow Dash…. No, no. I… have no idea how she’ll react. But Applejack…”

Honestly, Twilight felt like she’d end up with a black eye no matter which she went to. But she was honestly dreading the thought of going to apologize to Rainbow Dash, she had no idea how the cyan mare would behave or react. “Alright then, Applejack… here I come,”