• Published 13th Nov 2019
  • 3,923 Views, 82 Comments

Gryphon Six - Sunsong



New place? Used to it. Pip-Boy not working? Strange. But a new body? That's new.

  • ...
12
 82
 3,923

Sunset on Vegas

Sunset Shimmer was having a bad day... a really bad fucking day. First she gets expelled from Canterlot High, for something she didn't do.

Then she falls through the mirror portal, ends up back in Equestria, and botches up a teleportation spell. She had been sneaking through Canterlot Castle looking for the exit, when out of nowhere a guard shows up. She turns, he asks, she teleports, he reports. So now, not only is she in the middle of butt fuck nowhere, but Celestia knows she's here too.

She pulled her leather jacket closer and kept walking. She stuck out amidst the Gryphon settlers. She was getting quite a few stares, some curious, some angry, some lusting. But right now, she couldn't give a fuck about what they were thinking. What she needed was a drink, a strong one.

Ever since she left Equestria, and started living. She had stopped being so naive. She hadn't forgiven Celestia, and she sure as hell hadn't forgotten, but maybe now, she understood.

She nursed her drink in the crook of her hoof and took a sip. It was good, better than equish cider, and much better than the spiked punch at Canterlot High. But even then, it still wasn't enough to take her mind off things. She was a criminal, charged with the Improper use of magical objects (blame the mirror), and Illegal trespassing of Royal grounds (once again, all the mirrors fault). She wouldn't be able to make a living, she could go back and beg for forgiveness. Yeah... yeah! That might work, she could just go back, go back and apologize, return to her studies, learn some more Pyromancies!

She smiled into her glass, this could work out. She put down her glass, and was making to get up, but then she caught a glance of a newspaper. "Equestria's Newest Alicorn Gives Coronation Speech!". She grabbed the paper, and nearly cried, "Twilight Sparkle, former student of Princess Celestia, and newly crowned Princess of Friendship, regals crowd with a tale of Friendship between her and the other Elements of Harmony. Illustrating their journey from the return (and subsequent defeat) of Nightmare Moon, to the return of Chaos demon Discord, his rehabilitation, too the eventual defeat of Queen Chrysalis of the Changelings and King Sombra of the Newly Returned Cyrystal Empire. Later on she states: "Dear my Little Ponies of Equestria, today I become a Princess, once only the Most trusted and the Only student of Princess Celestia, I have risen all in thanks too all of my friends and the lessons we have learned along the wa...".

Sunshine couldn't believe it, the 'Trusted and Only student of Princess Celestia'. That title belonged to HER! She earned it by excelling, and through years of dreams and lessons. Yet the day she disappears she goes and gets a new student, and THEN makes her an ALICORN! Sunset gripped her glass again and took a gulp. She hadn't the bits to pay, but right now she couldn't care less. She wanted to cry away her tears, and drink away her tears.

Just as she finished the glass, the doors burst open and a pair of gryphons flew through. Well flew was too kind a word, they more... fell with style. One was quite ugly, dirty brown coat, filth covered jacket, and greased feathers. The other was... different. In Equestria most ponies were easy to distinguish, with a vast array of color combinations, mane/tail styles, and outfit choices. Not to mention Cutie Mark's, but in Gryphonia and the Gryphon Isles, it was different. Their, Gryphons looked like crossbreads between cats and birds. Eagles and lions being the most common, with owls and leopards being the least common. They had less variety and were generally very similar.

But this second gryphon was odd, he had a blue black coat, and covered most of his body. He was wearing green armor pieces and a black coat. He was also wearing a helmet, a helmet with glowing red eyes. A blue black tail was swishing behind him as he fought with the dirty Gryphon. The bartender quietly pulled a shotgun from beneath the counter and loaded some beanbag slugs.

As they tussled the blue one (now dubbed Blue) pulled a bloodstained knife on the dirty one and put it to his neck. Halting all movement in the pub. He spoke softly, a calm voice that did not belong to a Gryphon raised in Gryphonia, the Gryphon Isles, or anywhere else. And it was too smooth to be a male Equiss accent (seriously what is with all the males' voices? A bad case of a sore throat?). "Honestly, keep still. Your worth more alive, but I Will deliver you dead, kapish pussycat?"

The dirty Gryphoness, now identified as a female (which would have been more obvious without all the grime) growled at the Bounty Hunter. Blue just smirked and looked up and saw her looking. Tilted his head and spoke, "Hey Firebrand, mind lending me a claw?"

Sunset jumped and looked around, looking for the person he was talking talking to. "Hey Firebrand, I was talking to you, little miss unicorn. Could you conjure a rope or something to tie her up with?" Sunset jumped up and flashed her horn, red ropes bound the Gryphoness. Blue looked at her handiwork and whistled.

"Good work Firebrand, want to come down to the station and claim the bounty with me?" Sunset stepped back with a shocked look on her face, Gryphons were notoriously greedy and not likely to share a score with anyone. "Oh come on, I'll earn double for bringing her in alive and you'll get your share. I'm not one to break promises, plus you look a little light on Gryms and that tab wont pay itself.

The bartender growled and pumped his shotgun, as if making Blue's point. She gave a nervous smile at the bartender and walked back towards the door, and towards Blue. They walked out of the pub, with 'their' score slung across Blue's back. They were walking towards the militia's post, where they would collect her bounty, pay off her tab, and then... and then she would have no idea where to go. Canterlot and the whole of Equestria wasn't an option, and neither was staying here. She couldn't just sit in one place, she was like a wildfire, always moving, always needing more fuel, always changing. Maybe that was why she didn't really like Equestria, too stagnant, no adventure, no chance to grow or learn. But now? She was working with a bounty hunter, on the frontier of Gryphonia. How many could say the same thing?