• Published 13th Feb 2019
  • 2,359 Views, 16 Comments

Bloom's New Mom - ChiefKitsune



After getting lost in the Everfree Applebloom remembers her mother and finds a new one.

  • ...
6
 16
 2,359

Chapter 1: The Forest

The Everfree Forest

It was late one night after a failed attempt at a sleepover between the three fillies known as the Cutie Mark Crusaders. After having had the original place for their sleepover change from Rarity's home to Fluttershy's cottage and several attempts at finding their cutie marks they were put to bed by Fluttershy singing them a lullaby. Though while the buttercream mare thought the fillies asleep soon found they had taken off for the Everfree forest after one of her chickens that frequently escapes and wonders of to the forest.

Soon Fluttershy finds the girls standing in awe and fear at a solidified in stone Twilight Sparkle, while Sweetiebell and Scootaloo were finding it 'cool' the last of the three was starting to have memories of another unicorn who also was stoned in that very forest. Images of a light lavender unicorn mare with a warm smile and kind eyes flash through Applebloom's mind causing her eyes to water at the images of her mother, whom she lost at a young age and barely remembers her.

As Fluttershy confronts the Cockatrice about petrifying ponies being wrong, Applebloom starts to lose herself in her memories of her mother becoming too much as her gaze was still locked on the petrified Unicorn in a similar state to what her mother was lost in.

As the memories became too much the filly ran off unknown to her friends and the Pegasus and fleed to the forest. Soon Twilight was freed unharmed from her petrification was the first to notice that one of the Crusaders was missing from the group with hoofprints leading away in what looked like a quick trot.

"Hey, girls where's Applebloom?" Twilight asked the two remaining crusaders.

"Huh you right where'd she go?" Sweetiebell asked herself looking to her fellow crusader who was also looking around herself for their friend.

"Oh, oh my what are we going to do?" Fluttershy stuttered out to Twilight in concern knowing that the Everfree is no place for a filly especially at night when most of the predators are out on the hunt. "It's super dangerous for her to be alone out here at night since that's when the big predators go out to hunt." She explained to Twilight who had guessed that from the books on wildlife she'd read back when she first arrived in Ponyville and had gone through the forest with her friends to face Nightmare Moon.

"Yeah ok I'll follow her hoof prints while you take the others back to your cottage I shouldn't take long and I'll meet back at your place ok Fluttershy?" Twilight went into her planning zone that she usually got into when she was leading her friends on their missions from her mentor.

"Um...If your sure ok Twilight." Fluttershy agreed knowing that Twilight was a very capable mare with her magic and the only reason that the Cockatrice got her was that she was caught off guard. So with that, she ushered the reluctant fillies back to her cottage having to give them stern looks here and there since they wanted to help Twilight find their friend.

Soon it was just Twilight looking at the ground and starting after the prints lift by the wayward filly, up above her in the sky a storm was blowing in and was looking to be 'a right nasty one' as her friend AppleJack would say. Soon the wind was howling and rain was pouring down in torrents but the young mare was determined to find the lost filly through the driving rain.


Applebloom was running from the scene with the petrified Twilight as fast as her little hooves would carry her not caring if she got lost just wanting to get away from the memories that the stoned mare brought about within her of her own mother's demise.

With tears streaming down her face and sobs escaping her muzzle as she ran she heard a crack of thunder and a flash of lightning as the storm began its deluge of water across the forest. Soon the filly realized she was hopelessly lost and alone in the dark Everfree forest in the middle of a horrible storm. So it is around now that the young pony came across a shallow cave facing away from the pounding rain and howling wind so quickly she took shelter.

As the rain intensified the little filly was cowering down inside the small cave she had found and was racked with sobs as her mind kept thinking of her mother and her saving the little pony.

"Mommy save me!" She cried out as an extremely loud thud of thunder rumbled through the sky and with a flash of lightning illuminating the silhouette of a Unicorn mare at the opening to the cave Applebloom was hiding in and upon sighting her the filly rushed to hug the newly arrived mare tightly thinking it was her mother there to save her like she was wishing for.


Twilight had finally found the lost filly hiding in a shallow cave deep within the Everfree forest and as she was standing at the entrance to the cave lightning and thunder struck behind her and she heard the filly scream 'Mommy' before rushing her and hugging her neck sobbing about how she missed her and that she didn't want her to go away again that she would be a good filly and listen to her.

Twilight was shocked by this development as AppleJack never really talked about her dead parents or how they died so she was at a lost, she was brought back to reality when with a flash and crack of thunder startling the filly further and bringing her to focus. She realized that the storm was too much to try and make it back to Ponyville in as it was too dangerous for either of them so she lifted a foreleg to cradle the sobbing filly around her neck as she walked into the small cave to get fully out of the rain and wind.

Twilight having similar experience with Spike when he was even younger began to hush and comfort the distraught filly within her grasp. Promising that everything will be alright and that she wouldn't let anything hurt her while she was there. And it was like this that the duo stayed with the filly crying at what she thought was her mother coming to save her from the storm and forest causing her to let out soft cries as she finally drifted off to a peaceful sleep. As she was drifting off she kept nuzzling Twilight with muttered 'Mommy' here and 'Mommy I love you please don't go' there.

Twilight for her part just held the sad, wet little filly tightly to her chest while she cried herself to sleep while thinking she was her mother started to also nod off as the day's events were finally catching up with her. Soon she too was fast asleep curled protectively around the distraught filly who was finally having a rest full sleep even though they were sleeping inside a damp cave in the middle of the Everfree Forest during a massive storm.

Author's Note:

Ok there are a few stories that I like and are ideally what I'm looking for but last night I just couldn't find one that I liked or was in the mood for so I decided to write one myself. Thinking 'If I can't find one I might as well write one' so that's just what I did.

Also let me know what you think so far. If this story is what I hope it is so far than let me know so I know someone wants more of it so it won't be a waste of time to write more

Comments ( 16 )

breast, do you mean chest as there not anthros?

9456026
Yeah I guess that would make sense.

A story where Applebloom & Twilight are (kinda) daughter & mother!? Yes, please! I want to see more!

9456055
cool X3

it is a great story, is it a one off, or will there be more?

9456106
Sure I'm hoping for more too.

i whant more

Flow is a little fast, and yet the speed doesn’t impede the flow. That is unusual for something that goes by so quickly. I like it. I also like the concept. So cute.

When is there going to be another chapter?

hopefully you update this soon. if you don't i'll send mr blobby after you

9933566
Well life has been making it difficult to get time to even read but I promise this story is not dead.

9934571
thats fine and completely understandable beside the second part of my comment was a joke just seems like it will be a good story

nice being to this story

Wonderful,story, I am now looking forward to the next chapter.

Login or register to comment