• Published 11th Feb 2019
  • 816 Views, 24 Comments

Iron Will vs. Mr. Satan - Sparkle Cola



The first rule of Royal Fight Club is nopony talks about Royal Fight Club. But after The Solar champion has bested the Lunar challenger for the 27th time in a row, Luna calls for desperate measures.

  • ...
3
 24
 816

Riffing the Rift

Chapter two
Riffing the Rift

“ALRIGHTY THEN, HERE WE GO SPORTS FANS! OUR CHAMP HAS GIVEN THE THUMBS UP! WITHOUT FURTHER DELAY LET THE MATCH BEGIN!”

There he was.

The legendary world champion.

The greatest fighter to ever live—Mr. Hercule Satan.

But he couldn’t let himself show even a hint of weakness. Not a twitch, a pip, or a squeak.

Mr. Satan turned around to regard his opponent, absorbing all of the accolades and cheers like they could be his last. He would savor the moment—cherish it. For all he knew, it might be his last. But he had a plan. He always did—if only this ruse would work.

The small child standing there was capable of launching him clear out of the stadium without even breaking a sweat. The little runt could crush his head with a simple swipe. The crazy kid was on par with the rest of those other weird fighters that could just go insta-blond with a new hairdo and suddenly level the terrain. They could snap off mountain tops with a flick of the wrist. It was downright scary.

No.

Scary didn’t even begin to cover it…

But he was Hercule Satan. He couldn’t let anyone see him flinch.

There the kid was, just looking at him. In his stare was only death and pain… Or rather pain, then death. Mr. Satan raised both of his arms in a clamorous shout.

“Yeeaaaaaaugh!”

* * *

Luna’s teeth creaked as she gritted with effort. What was taking so long? “Twilight? T’would not now be a good time to snatch him? Wherefore art thou waiting?!”

The glow off of Twilight’s horn intensified further, throwing sharply outlined shadows against the walls and across the lab equipment as she growled with effort. “There’s… some sort of power nearby… numerous power sources! Something I can’t put my hoof on, but it’s interfering with the dimensional gateway!”

Twilight’s brows furrowed as she continued to refine her focus. “Rrrgh. C’mon, it’s almost as if this champion has numerous magical wards shielding him from outerdimensional interference!”

“Come now, Twilight!” Luna grunted, quickly swiping a hoof across her brow to keep the sweat from running into her eye. “Art thou the Element of Magic or not?”

“I’m trying, Celestia darn it!” Twilight retorted. Angling her magic to find a vector of approach, Twilight suddenly found one as the hue-man raised his arms and shouted. The new position his arms were in acted almost as a collector for the magical flux, and from the effort Twilight was pushing her magic through, the inertia was overcome, pulling her from her position on this side of the rift.

* * *

In a dazzling flash of mana and ionized gasses, the imposing figure of Hercule Satan was suddenly replaced by a diminutive purple creature, vaguely equine in nature and sporting both a horn and a pair of wings.

“LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, IN A STUNNING TURN OF EVENTS, MR. SATAN HAS SUDDENLY BEEN REPLACED BY A PURPLE UNICORN WITH WINGS! UNLESS HE HAS SUDDENLY TRANSFORMED, BUT THAT’S CRAZY! I’VE SEEN A LOT OF CREATIVE ATTACKS IN MY DAY, BUT THIS ONE HAS STRUCK ME COMPLETELY SPEECHLESS! I MEAN, I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY! WHAT WILL THE JUNIOR CHAMPION, MR. TRUNKS, DO?”

Twilight winced as she looked around, squinting in the glaring daylight after having been cooped up in her secret laboratory for the past forty-five minutes. She grimaced as the announcer continued to rant and rave about the spectacle, laying it on thick with the hyperbole. “Speechless my flank.” She rolled her eyes. “He hasn’t shown any signs of slowing down yet… Besides, does he have to say everything as if it needed to be in all-caps?!”

Twilight didn’t need to angle her ears around to understand that her appearance had left the crowd stunned and confused. She knew this had been a bad idea from the start, but at least she had a better sense of the sources of power around her, scattered among the spectators in the stands of all things.

“Um. What are you supposed to be?”

Twilight turned back around to regard the little hue-man in front of her. She smirked at the ridiculousness of the name of this particular species.

Hue-man. Really?

They were all practically the same hue, somewhere in the range of a deep brown to a creamy-light tan: the assumption that they should be known for their hues was laughable. That being said, the competitor in front of her, the one she assumed was the junior champion known as Trunks had hair a very nice shade of lavender. So that was something, she guessed. It wasn’t as nice as her particular shade of purple, or anywhere near the nice pink of Fluttershy’s mane... Let alone Pinkie Pie’s.

...No, seriously. Just let her alone.

Twilight’s ears perked up as she heard Luna’s magically projected voice in her head. Twilight, what in Cerberus’ Smoldering Hades are you doing? Get out of there! Everypony will see you!

Rolling her eyes, Twilight prepared a response. What with the direct mental link-up Luna had magically formed, it was difficult to filter out her snark.

Well, It’s not like I tried to leap across dimensions and face off against the junior champion of the Hue-mans in another universe. Besides that, it’s just a teensy bit late to worry about being seen!

Well, get your little pony-butt back here quick! Follow my mental link and backtrack through the mana residuals to retrace your path! Quick, before the rift closes!

Trunks was scratching his head in confusion. “So… do I face off against you then? Is this like your second form or something? Cause it’s kind of lame.”

Twilight turned and glared back at him. “Hey! Do I stand before your rulers and call them lame?”

“Um. Actually, my ruler’s a dog, so I just refer to him as a son of a… never mind”

Twilight blinked twice before shaking her head and focusing back on the rift. It was still open, but it was beginning to narrow. “Does your mom know you say stuff like that?”

Trunks shook his head with a smirk, his bangs flopping back and forth for a moment. “No, but if you hang around my dad for a while…he’s super cool so it all checks out.”

“M’kay. Gotta go!” Twilight made her final adjustments to her arcano-matrix and triggered the spell. In a flash that defied both time and space an insulted their mother, Twilight was back in her laboratory.

“Twilight!” Luna sighed with relief before pulling the smaller mare into a hug. “Thank goodness you are alright.”

“I’m fine, Luna.” Twilight assured. “But… where is the hue-man we captured?”

Luna stepped out of the way and wearily pointed with a hoof. “The hue-man was most vexed and in a
state of great agitation. After the third time of demanding to be returned to his Videl, we had to enclose him in a soundproof force bubble so that he would not distract us as we worked towards your expeditious return.”

Twilight looked past Luna’s shoulder noticing the glimmering blue shield, surrounding the furious hue-man as he pounded fruitlessly against the barrier from the inside. He was obviously very upset, emphatically pointing back at the space where the rift had been and shouting. His mouth was enormous. At this rate, she was hesitant to have Luna deactivate her field.

“Well!” Twilight stood up and headed for the stairway back out, her tone declaring a note of finality. “It seems my work is done, and it looks like you have things well in hoof!”

“I, uh… we might… uh—” Luna stuttered before she opened her mouth not unlike a stunned and rather blue fish.

Twilight began to make her way back up to the main level. ”I only hope that you can work this out. And that we can put that thing back where he came from. Good luck!”

To be continued...

Author's Note:

How?

I mean, it was supposed to be some goofy one-shot.

But the one and only Hercule Satan will not be denied!:flutterrage: