• Published 14th Feb 2019
  • 647 Views, 35 Comments

5w337ie B311e - Khanathara



Changelings are highly advanced and use Androids that have been Soul Melded with a number of the races of the world since birth as a way to collect love. Now just keep the curious and clumsy away from the sensitive systems and everything will be OK.

  • ...
2
 35
 647

(Chapter 1) Appointments and 'Friends'

Sweetie Belle sat in the waiting room with her mother, boredly waiting for the nurse to call her for her biweekly checkup with Dr. Pins'n'Needles. She wished that she could just skip this and go to school instead, that's how boring it was here.

*sigh*"Maybe next time." She said under her breath, the slight maniacal wir to her voice barely noticeable.

"Sweetie Belle." Came the call of the nurse and Sweetie got up and made her way to the door she was at while her mother stayed seated. The specialist she goes to claims that she has to work alone with her patients because of possible contamination, or something like that, and she hasn't done anything weird...

Yet.

The nurse took Sweetie to one of the open rooms in the very back, where all the nice equipment was, and had her sit down and wait for the Doctor. When Dr. Pins'n'Needles got there she greeted Sweetie as usual and went about the normal test, stethoscope on the back breath in breath out, heart rate, ears, eyes, and throat. Lingering on all of them far longer than a normal doctor would, especially the eyes.

But then Dr. Pins'n'Needles said, "Chi'chink krra zow." and Sweetie Belle's eyes faded to life less black cameras, and the Changeling Engineer Bolt Dial dropped her disguise and began her routine maintenance on her unique project that she haden't been able to do for the last month. She pressed a button hidden under 5-337-B-311's disguise on the base of its neck and the disguise dropped allowing her to work with out handicap.

She did a number of measurements and test on the android and compared them to the measurements that were sent to her on the organic she replaced. Noticing that a number of the androids measurements don't line up with the organics she let out a groan, annoyed that its automatic adjustment systems weren't working again. "Arrug, what the point of having a self adjusting system if it never works?" Bolt Dial said as she began to adjust the measurements to match.

"Searching systems. Answer not found." The bot responded in a highly robotic voice that had almost no life in it causing Bolt to jump as she had temporarily forgotten about this one unusual (and slightly erratic) behavior.

"By the almighty acorn, what is wrong with this thing?" Bolt said getting her heart rate back under control.

"Searching, error err-ch-er errchhhhh" 5-337-B-311 said while cutting off into static.

"Ok, they seriously need to get a systems manager out here for you. I'm good at keeping you running physically, but the programming is out of my league."

"Affirmative. This unit agrees."

Bolt just gave the machine a deadpan look while looking into its eyes, feeling like it just meant to insult her. While she looked into its eyes she saw a small green spark deep inside the optic cameras. A spark that shouldn't be there as she had shut it down.

Pulling back and sighing she asked herself "Why do they keep ignoring my request for a programmer to come here? They'd be able to fix all of the problems with this thing."

"Answer. Your request have been ignored, deleted, and placed in a 'look into later file'."

Choosing that she was better off ignoring the android Bolt finished up her maintenance on it and put her disguise back on locked the androids back on and powered it back up. "Alright Sweetie Belle, all good as normal." Dr. Pins'n'Needles said as she guided Sweetie Belle out. "Have a nice day and here's a lollipop." The faux pegasus said handing her said lollipop with a smile.

After Sweetie and her mom left 'nurse' Red Heart walked up to the 'Dr.' "So?" She asked

"Nothing out of the ordinary Red Heart, aside from the fact that, as I've said before, I need someone to come down here and take a look at my computer systems. I'm a doctor, not a programmer after all" The counterfeit Dr. said with a joking tone and a smile.


Now that Sweetie was out of the doctors office she was thankful that it was a Saturday as that meant that she didn't have to go to school after her early morning doctors appointment and went to look for her friend Scootaloo. Sweetie and her family, excluding her older sister Rarity, had recently come back from a vacation so she was excited to see her friend.

Unfortunately she had unluck on her side and she ran into Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon first, quite literally as she ran around a corner.

"OW! Watch where your going. Don't you know who I am?" The pink blank flank getting up from the ground asked incredulously. "Oh, it's you." Diamond added with disdain. Sweetie just stood there her face blank as she felt her emotions turn off in an automatic reaction as they usually did around those who tried to get a rise out of her.

"Well? Aren't you going to apologize?" Silver Spoon said with a slight edge to her voice that went unnoticed by Diamond but Sweetie picked up on it and imminently her 'brain' classified it as fear. Why she did and how she could tell was lost on her, as well as the reason Silver would be scared of her.

"Yeah, you need to apologize to me freak." Diamond sounded unsure of herself as she said that. Knowing a Unicorn, even while running, should have trouble knocking over a Earth Pony without magic.

"Understood. This unit apologizes for knocking you over." Sweetie said her voice having a more electronic sound than usual but not to the point it was at the doctors earlier. She idly wondered if she should tell some one about her doctor being a Changeling that made sure she couldn't move with a sentence before doing her usual physical exam, however that train of thought was interrupted.

"Yeah, whatever. Let's go Silver." Diamond said while walking away, Silver standing there a few seconds longer looking at Sweetie before she followed.

With them gone Sweetie turned her emotions back on and felt that she was less excited then earlier to meet up with her friend and began to walk to her house.


The rest of the trip to Scootaloo's house was uneventful and Sweetie Belle's happiness had grown to the levels it was at before her run in with Diamond on the way there.

She knocked on the door and waited around a minute before Scootaloo's mom, Mayor Mare, answered the door. "Hello Sweetie Belle, I take it you and your parents are back from vacation." Said the highly stressed Mayor. Why Sweetie found that important it be of note was, once again, unknown and ignored as she had done for the past nine years. She tried to do things in the first half year but she was always stopped or put somewhere she couldn't help so she just began to catalog and ignore it unless it was something she knew she could help with.

"Let me guess, you'r hear to see Scoot. Right?" Mayor Mare asked.

"Yes I am Miss Mare." Sweetie responded, intent on going out and trying to get her cutie mark with her friend.

"Alright come on in, she's in her room." Before she had even finished talking Sweetie had dashed past her and up the stairs to Scootaloo's room.

Luck Scroll chuckled at the filly and her antics. "Oh I don't know who came up with Mayor Mare but I have to force myself not to laugh every time I hear it, especially when the little ones think that it's my real name." The mayor said to herself.