• Published 9th Feb 2019
  • 1,328 Views, 33 Comments

Spider-Pip: Origins - ZombieBrony22



In this universe, the Rainbooms have made the lives of everyone at CHS a living hell, and the only thing standing in their way is a student who was bitten by a radioactive spider, a broken student with nothing left to lose... and the Dazzlings.

  • ...
7
 33
 1,328

Chrysalis

I was sticking on the side of a building, listening to the scanners, thinking to myself...

I’ve never seen Rarity so scared like she was earlier... what was so special about that crown? Why did Sunset want it?

My thoughts were interrupted by a large semi going at least 80 down the city streets, prompting me to jump off of the wall, dive down into the city, and swing off, building up momentum until I was a few feet away, shooting out my webbing to stop the truck...

I landed on a pole and pulled back as hard as I could, the weight and speed of the truck almost pulling me away. I managed to stop it and swung over to see who was inside...

“Ah, if it isn’t one of my favorite goons... Snails.” I smiled under the mask.

“Hey, Spidey! Look, about... all this--”

I shot a web at his mouth, silencing him.

“Alright, you stay right here, I gotta deal with all your friends, first.” I offered as I jumped off the truck and readied to fight...

Only for Sombra to walk out, accompanied by two men with large machine guns.

“Hey-- Spidey! How’s it goin’ in the deep city?” He asked,

I went for some cocky remark when another truck honked its horn to the side of us... we both turned to see another crimelord—Chrysalis.

“Hello Sombra... Spider-Man.” She said, less cheerful on my name.

Sombra seemed flustered, and he slowly ordered his men to stand down.

“Don’t think we’re all buddies, Sombra—you and your men have 15 seconds to get in that truck before my men and I mow you all down.” She ordered.

Sombra didn’t waste any time as he ordered his men to fall back and drive off.

Chrysalis then turned her attention to me, her two men with a minigun and a 50-caliber rifle turning to me as well.

“So, you’re the infamous Spider-Man... It’s an honor to finally meet you.” Chrysalis held out her hand.

“You’re a criminal and a mass murderer, give me a reason not to bring you in.” I said, my American accent holding strong.

“Because I have a proposal for you--”

“Sombra offered me one last night, I don’t make deals with anyone.” I bluntly stated.

Chrysalis looked away and seemingly smirked, but I had no way of truly knowing.

“Well, I’m not Sombra, so... have at him, no guns.” She ordered her men as she got into the truck and sped off.

I noticed that the sun was getting lower and my aunt was coming over, tonight...

“I’m so sorry, guys, but I’m gonna be late.” I said as I simply webbed the three thugs to the wall, swinging off to avoid the police.

I was desperately speeding through the city, desperate to get back home before sundown, but as I swung, I saw a mugging—and I had to intervene.

I zipped downwards and used the momentum to knock one of the muggers out right off the bat and shot a web at the other, sticking him to the wall. I turned to the woman, handed her the purse, and swung off, now even more desperate.

I made the street before the sun fell and as I swung onto my last building...

SCRAPE!

I looked at my knee and saw blood dragging across the building... my suit must’ve gotten a tear by the knee at some point...

“Son of a...” I cursed under my breath as I used my webbing as an impromptu bandage and swung into my window, almost ripping the suit off as I scurried to the bathroom to treat the wound.

I heard the door open downstairs and my phone went off—it was my mother.

Hey are you home?

I took a second away from bandaging my knee to reply.

Yeah. Got hurt, just a scrape, bandaging it now.

I heard my aunt’s voice downstairs.

“Hi, Luna.” I heard her say.

“Hey, Celestia.” Mom replied.

The two started talking as I managed to stop the bleeding and clean the wound off, bandaging it so my super-healing can kick in.

“Hey, where’s Pip?” She asked, her voice getting louder.

“Uh, he’ll be down in a minute, he just wanted to... get dressed.” Mom covered.

By their volume, I could tell that they were by the stairs, and as I removed any evidence of blood, Celestia was upstairs, right by the bathroom door.

“Pip? Are you up here?” Aunt Celestia asked.

I managed to open the door before she entered my room, me grabbing a shirt and jeans I had stored in the bathroom just in case of something like that.

“Hey, Aunt Celestia.” I said, grateful that I closed my door.

She instantly turned around and hugged me, catching me off-guard since my Spider-Sense didn’t register her as a threat.

“It’s so nice to see you! How was...” She went to ask, but stopped, most likely remembering.

We were both silent as I decided to take the conversation downstairs, when Luna was sitting by the television, unable to believe what she was hearing.

“...and our top story: Abacus Cinch, former CEO of Oscorp Industries, has fallen severely ill, according to our several sources, following the incident involving her daughter, Twilight Sparkle, near Oscorp Industries, as well as the first reported appearance of the threat and/or menace Spider-Man. More on this story, tonight at 8.”

Cinch... sick?

Meh.

“God... I almost feel bad for her.” Mom said, changing the channel to some cluster of funny or cute videos.

Celestia clicked her tongue and took a seat, me doing the same.

“I never said I was sorry... Twilight was a good student, and I bet she would’ve made a brilliant scientist.” Celestia said.

I chuckled, turning to her.

“She was a brilliant scientist... that was where everything went wrong.” I said.


“...Are you sure you don’t want to wait? That bite doesn’t seem to look any better.” My mom said, handing me my suitcase.

“I’m certain, mom—it's better than it was, and I can’t wait any longer.” I said, eager for my college course at Oscorp Industries.

The bus labelled “Oscorp” rolled up and as I went on, suitcase in hand, I looked around and saw a couple of students, but mostly no-one...

I took a random seat where a girl with lavender hair and glasses was sitting, sketching in a notebook of some kind of schematics.

I leaned in and saw that it was for prosthetic limbs... not too shabby for something made on a bumpy road.

“Prosthetics... I didn’t know Oscorp had those.” I said, surprised.

The girl turned to me, mostly in surprise that I spoke.

“Oh... yeah—Oscorp's just starting the project, it’s a work in progress, but I think they can get it off the ground.” She said, a sheepish smile on her face.

“That’s... honestly really cool, but I was more intrigued with Oscorp’s genetics—I was hoping to look into a certain experiment they did a few weeks ago—the one with the spiders?” I asked, hiding my bite from her.

I saw her heart drop and then her eyes light up when I mentioned the spider-project.

“Ah, that one—the splicing of different spiders’ DNA into one Super-Spider... it had potential, but never got off the ground. Besides, you can’t really choose anyway—us being simple students, and all...” The girl said, going back to her shy self from earlier.

I sighed and scooted over to her seat, holding out my hand.

“I’m Pip.” I said, with a small smile on my face.

She looked and shook my hand.

“I’m Twilight.”