• Published 9th Feb 2019
  • 1,337 Views, 33 Comments

Spider-Pip: Origins - ZombieBrony22



In this universe, the Rainbooms have made the lives of everyone at CHS a living hell, and the only thing standing in their way is a student who was bitten by a radioactive spider, a broken student with nothing left to lose... and the Dazzlings.

  • ...
7
 33
 1,337

Welcome to the Show

The day was here... after a week-break following the Rainbooms were arrested, the final showcase of the Battle of the Bands was here. The warm weather meant that we were all outside, in the football stadium, where we fashioned a makeshift concert stage. As we expected, Celestia was drowned in lawsuits from parents of children who were either arrested, ran away or... ended their lives, so she was facing trial in the near future and handed in her resignation yesterday... Rarity was still here, but mainly because she came clean—she gave the police everything she had on the others in exchange for not facing jail time...

Community service, however... was free game. Mom set her to help construct the concert stage and repair the locker damage caused by Applejack... to start.

I was certain Mom wasn’t going to let her slide any time soon...

Adagio and I were having a conversation in the back about who and what she and her sisters were, while Aria ran off to talk to Flash.

“Okay... so, let me get this straight—you and your sisters are... sirens?” I asked as I took a sip of my drink.

She chuckled and nodded, holding her red necklace.

“Yes... we were exiled by a rather xenophobic old uni... man, about... four, five hundred years ago?” She tried to recall.

As if it were destiny, I spit the drink.

“Five hundred years?! You and your sisters have just... lived through all of that time?” I asked.

Her smile faded as she nodded.

“My sisters and I have seen the worst in humanity... the centuries of war and conflict. But we’ve also seen the best of it, with all of the efforts to change and move on from them...”

“I can only imagine—living through all of those years...” I said, clueless on what else to say.

Adagio knew that I was lost and sat on the bench, inviting me to do the same. I first listened to the song that had just started, by Trixie and the Illusions, and knew that we had a bit of time. I took a seat and Adagio turned to me.

“Oh, and before I forget... back during our first performance, you said you had a sister...”

There it was—the moment I never wanted to happen...

“Yeah... you want to know about her?” I asked her.

Adagio nodded, but I could see in her eyes that she knew how bad it was.

“If you don’t want to talk about it--”

“She was the top of her class... she was a senior, a year above Flash and the Rainbooms. She and Sunset were always rivaling while I tried slippin’ through the cracks, which... didn’t really work. One day, when I was at Oscorp, Sunset finally snapped and...”

My fists clenched and Adagio set her hand on my shoulder.

“...Put her in a coma."

I heard Adagio gasp as she pulled me in for a hug, one that I returned.

“So... what do you think?” She asked me.

I hesitated and let out a quick chuckle.

“What do I think? My girlfriend is an immortal siren who’s from another world, my ex is a dominatrix, and until a week ago, my high school was bein' controlled by six super-powered femme fatales.” I said as I took her hand.

Adagio flinched for a moment and she took my hand back, resting her head on my shoulder.

“And my boyfriend is a former dominatrix’s pet who now spends his afternoons swinging around the city in a skin-tight white t-shirt with a spider on the front, avenging his comatose sister.”

I let out a gasp and Adagio used my shock as an opportunity to pull me in for a kiss. The gesture caught me off-guard for a moment until I returned the favor, resting one hand on her cheek as our kiss continued through the competitors’ song, drowning them out...

“You’re a champion, Pip... a true champion that has more nobility and integrity than I’ve seen in decades...” Adagio said, putting her head next to mine.

“Guys!” Aria screamed out as she ran into the back...

We quickly pulled away and turned to the other immortal siren...

“Yeah, what is it?” I asked her.

“We’re up next!” She said as she panted for breath, either running back or an intense make-out session with Flash...

Probably both.

We quickly pepped up a bit and went over our song one last time—and at that moment... we were on.

I went to the side and started with the drums as the three came in, their voices stealing the show, their necklaces no longer glowing as they sang...

Welcome to the show....”

I would’ve stopped drumming at the sound of her voice, but I knew better—I kept on, but not without being completely entranced by Adagio’s voice...

We’re here to let you know...”

I kept on, watching the crowd feel the same trance as me...

She wasn’t hypnotizing us, was she? Could she even do that? I glanced to see that the necklaces were still not glowing, so I assumed that it was just my love for her...

Our time is now... their time has ru-un out...”

They already ran over the lyrics with me, but I still knew that the audience was going to love them... and for the most part, I was correct...

Feel the waves of fear... as they dis-a-pear...”

They’re reign ends tonight... it’s time to make things right, they will be ignored... deny them their reward.”

I saw my mother... smiling with pride over the fact that the nightmare was finally over... and the Rainbooms were gone...

Now they’re gone... the new dawn... nothing can stop us no-ow...”

Then, out of nowhere... a gunshot rang out.

Screams of panic swept the field as the students fled to each side, revealing Sombra-- wearing a white leather jacket and a black buttoned shirt underneath, Chrysalis—wearing a dark green shirt with a bullet-proof vest atop it, and Sunset—wearing her leather jacket with a black tank top underneath...

“Okay... now that I have your attention, let’s not make this harder than it needs to be! Just give me that damn piece of plastic so we can all go home!” Sombra said, one arm around Chrysalis and the other holding his pistol aimlessly.

I turned to Adagio, who nodded, as I snuck backstage to grab my backpack...

To grab my suit.


He was here... Sombra was right down there, a black eye remaining from his severe beating from that other vigilante last week.

“How the hell did you get everything back?!” I asked in rage.

Sombra turned to me and chuckled.

“Turns out I still got friends in this city, after all...” Sombra said as he pulled Chrysalis in, much to her un-amusement.

Sunset then stepped forward, facing me.

“I didn’t want this, Flash... I never wanted any of this for you. Join us—and I’ll give you the same gift I promised to give the Rainbooms...”

Sure enough, the remaining four entered from the back of the field, Applejack still having one handcuff on her left hand and Fluttershy’s hair tangled and messy, and all of their Geodes gone—possibly in police lock-up...

In denial, I stood in place, waiting for Sunset to get the hint. Once she understood, she growled at me before beginning to laugh.

“This ends... tonight! Two and a half years of terror and picking the good ones off... all for this. Give me the crown, Luna... and maybe I’ll let you live.” Sunset said with a crazed smile on her face.

Sunset was hysterical... it was like everything she held inside of her for all of those years—the madness, the impulsiveness? All broken through Sunset’s usual calm, sophisticated manner...

That was the Sunset Shimmer I knew, and now all of Canterlot got to finally see the real her...

Luna simply scowled at Sombra, not saying a word to Sunset.

“So, this is the crowd you’re affiliating yourself with, Sombra? I must say... I’m disappointed.” She said.

That was when Chrysalis spoke up.

“Eh-- you’re just jealous that he--”

Sombra quickly cleared his throat and intervened.

“How about we focus on the mission for now? This personal thing with all of us can wait until later...” Sombra said, once again wrapping his arm around her.

How do they all know each other? It seems like they have some history...

Yeah... but for right now, be ready for anything...

Sombra let out a chuckle as I saw Pip land on one of the bleachers behind the seven criminals...

“I’m done talking, Lunie—give her the crown... or I’ll have no choice.” Sombra hesitated as he slowly aimed his gun on Luna, who wasn’t at all phased by it.

I glanced at Pip and he leapt into action, shooting out a web and pulling the gun away from Sombra.

“Hey, Kingpin! How about you watch where you point that thing? Guns are awfully dangerous in the wrong hands...” Pip said in a decent American accent as he stuck the landing on the damp field grass.

“Spider-Man...” Sombra growled as he turned to his archenemy, and as Sombra began to charge, I saw Sunset make a beeline for the gun, that was dropped half-way across the field.

Hold on!

Venom then took control as we jumped to try and land in front of Sunset, but wound up a few feet away, something that Venom rectified by shooting out a tendril and pulling us forward, landing by the gun with Sunset’s hand just inches away from it.

It’s over, Sunset... Stand down.” Our voices said, fused together to create a terrifying threat.

Sunset cackled as she ran for the gun—only for us to wrap a tendril around her neck and lift her up.

We are done talking... stand down, now.”

“Oh, I bet you missed choking me as much as I did...” Sunset cackled as she bit into us, causing us to roar out in pain as we dropped her, allowing her to grab the gun and blindly fire.

Pip fell to the ground from a shot to his shoulder, causing Luna to scream out in terror.

“Okay! Take it—take the damn crown!” Luna threw it across the field as she and Adagio ran to Pip...

Sunset then turned to me, drawing the smoking gun on me...

“Stay there, Flashie... I still have plans for you...” Sunset giggled as she went over to the crown...

The purple gem in the center began glowing as Sunset picked the crown up, her eyes going damp as she did...

“All of these years of scrounging for whatever power I can take... and now I’ll have more than I can ever imagine!”

Sunset pulled out the gem and held it to her head, the gem now pulling toward her... once she let go, the crown embedded itself into her forehead, sinking into her skull until it vanished...

Sunset began cramping, the crown’s magic slowly growing inside of her. She then fell her knees, violently shaking and her limbs twisting as she screamed out in pain...

Her back began to extend outwards, her skin and leather jacket tearing as fleshy wings tore out of her back, letting out one flap as they did which tore her leather jacket to shreds. The torn jacket and her black tank-top, both torn to shreds, were the only thing covering her, save for her pair of leggings, which were starting to tear and stretch as Sunset’s skin began to wither away, what remained, turned a dark shade of green with hints of grey throughout. Sunset’s eyes turned all-black with red pupils forming and her ears pointing outward...

The final look was her teeth growing outwards and sharpening.

Sunset slowly rose from the painful transformation, grunting like an injured animal, and looked herself over, before laughing wickedly as she glanced at her new form...

She felt the leathery wings and cackled, letting out a flap and she began to hover above everyone at the field—including Sombra and Chrysalis, whose mouths were wide open and their eyes filled with terror... Pip rose up and saw the horrifying sight and turned to the other four, who were also petrified.

“All of that time... all-lll of that time of waiting for that damned portal to open... it was all worth it!” Sunset let out a demonic cackle as the four Rainbooms began to back away...

Sunset rotated to them, her wings still flapping as she held her hand out to Fluttershy, gesturing her to approach her.

For the first time in almost three years... Fluttershy seemed scared—terrified at the monster in front of her...

“Kneel...” Sunset simply said, turning her head up to the others, and then everyone else at the stadium.

“I said... KNEEL!” Sunset roared, her now-purple hair bursting into flames.

Fluttershy was the first to kneel, her legs shaking as she did, then Rainbow, then the others... Then Luna, then the other students and even a few parents at the field...

“Years... for years I was Princess Luna’s favorite... but when that precious little prodigy came along and just so happened to sprout wings... I was pushed aside... like a leper... but now... It's my turn!” Sunset took a break from her monologue to laugh maniacally.

“No, this isn’t what I want. No—this is only the beginning. The portal closes again in about 30 minutes, more than enough time for the four of you to adapt... if you’re strong enough, that is.” Sunset flashed a wicked smile as a dark ball of (presumably) magic formed in her hand.

She then held the ball, causing it to turn darker and start sparking electricity as she pushed her hand out, bringing an energy blast at Rainbow Dash, whose body began turning a bright blue...

“Rainbow Dash... you joined Fluttershy’s little mutiny attempt because she promised you power... Well, I gave you just that!”

Rainbow begin seizing on the ground, powerful sparks of electricity shooting out as her eyes turned bright blue as well...

Sunset then turned to Fluttershy, who was now shaking with terror.

“Fluttershy... you little Scorpion... You broke my heart, betraying me like you did... so, I suppose I should break yours... but I was always a fan of irony...”

Sunset blasted Fluttershy, causing her to fall to the ground as a large, scaled tail emerged from her back, a long blade-like stinger on the end of it... Her pupils then formed into slivers as she began hissing in pain from her transformation...

Sunset growled as she turned to Applejack, who tried to run, but Sunset grabbed her by her head and pulled her upwards into the air...

“And you... By killing the muscle, you will be the example!” Sunset set both of her hands on her head...

And squeezed. Loud cracking was heard as Applejack’s limp body was tossed aside, her cracked skull oozing with blood...

Now Pinkamena was left, who was starting to make nervous glances at me.

“I... I can prove my loyalty!” She screamed as she charged at me...

Venom shot a web at her, pushing her back as Sunset only shook her head.

“Sorry, Pinkie... but I cannot allow weakness in my new army...” Sunset blasted Pinkamena with another ball of magic, causing her to writhe to the ground as Venom and I spotted the “web” attached to her begin to change from black... to red.

Oh, no...

What? What is it?

“And you...” Sunset let out an inhuman roar flew down to me and swooped me off of my feet, Venom included.

Sunset flew me high enough to see the city in the distance, all while keeping one hand around my throat, but not too hard that I couldn’t breathe...

“Flashie-- look at me! I’m the most powerful being in this world and Equestria!” Sunset cackled.

I felt Venom’s fear as I let out a gentle growl.

“When we were together... I was yours...” Sunset moved her free hand around my waist and pulled me in, using the hand around her neck to caress my face.

“Now, I have an offer for you...”

Sunset pulled me in and I recoiled when I made contact with her green, flaking skin...

“...Be mine. Rule both this world and Equestria by my side. We can have it all, Flash... nothing’s stopping us now.”

I didn’t even hesitate as I let out a guttural growl, made deeper and stronger by Venom...

“Sunset Shimmer...” I hissed as I leaned as close as I could...

Sunset’s toothy smile faded as she saw my anger and hatred finally boiling over.

“You are a goblin. For the last three years, you made our lives a living hell... but no more...” I said as Venom pushed us away from the before-mentioned goblin.

As we plummeted to the ground, I looked around for something to swing on. Failing to find something, we continued to free-fall, until I felt a sudden tug on my back and I turned to see that Venom formed a parachute...

“Is that even possible?!” I asked him.

Best not to question it.

As we landed, I saw that Pip was up, using his webbing as an impromptu bandage for his wound. I turned to Adagio, whose necklace was now glowing bright...

“Aria, get Sonata out of here... Spider-Man and I will handle this.” She said as she began to glow...

I felt Pip’s shock as Adagio began to float, slowly shifting into something else... a bright flash blocked our vision for a few moments and once we were able to see again...

“You were right about one thing, Sunset... this ends tonight!” Adagio said, now sprouting wings out of her back and her eyes a light green...

Sunset let out an angry roar as she readied small fire-bombs from her hands...

“No, my little Siren... tonight, it begins!”

Now Pip, Adagio, and I were charging at Sunset, ready for a fight. Once contact was made, Pip and I shot webs at her, trying to pull her to the ground, but Sunset simply pulled us up, causing us to lose our balance as Sunset began flying straight up, attempting to reach the atmosphere.

“Going up?!” She cackled, us starting to feel the ill effects of the colder air around us.

By the time Sunset let go of us, we were struggling for breath, now plummeting down to the field. Just as I felt that it was all over, we were pulled up and set down by the wall so we can recover. I peeked up to see Adagio, checking on Pip.

“’Dagi, I’m fine—just worry about the demon-goblin-thing...” He said as he laid back, catching his breath.

Adagio then turned to me while I was trying to get back up.

“Stay with him—I got this!” She said as she turned to see Sunset starting to get closer.

I tried to get up, but fell right back down. Sighing, I laid back and let Venom heal me, watching the battle of Siren and... Goblin.


As Flash and I laid on the grass, we watched as Adagio fought Sunset, something out of a movie, with their moves and the whole fight being in the air...

“It’s like Superman...” I whispered, Flash nodding at that.

We stayed silent, watching the fight until I realized something.

“Can Aria change, as well?” I asked Flash.

He turned to me and shrugged his shoulders.

“I have no idea—probably not, or she’d be here.” He said.

We kept watching as Adagio was seemingly getting the upper hand... but once I was able to move my arms, I decided to pitch in, shooting webs at Sunset, pulling her down as Adagio went for one violent punch after another...

Damn-- they’re really going at it. Venom said, emerging from Flash.

I kept watching as I nodded, hoping that I’d be able to walk soon so I could help end the battle. I turned to see the other four, laying on the ground, same as us, Rainbow emitting smoke and several sparks, Fluttershy and Pinkie unconscious, and Applejack seemingly dead.

“Okay-- we gotta get up.” I said as I started getting to my feet, stumbling at first, but standing straight by the end.

Flash did the same, helped by Venom, who shot out tendrils and pushed him up. We took our breath as Flash suited up, Venom wrapping himself over Flash.

“Okay, that suit looks badass.” I commented.

Flash chuckled and Venom added a quick detail-- a white spider logo, its legs stretching across his chest.

Yours... needs work.” Venom said, zipping onto the spotlight.

I followed, swinging to the other spotlight while everyone else watched from behind the bleachers. I landed on top and looked up to see that Sunset was holding Adagio by the throat, letting out a feral roar as she threw Adagio down.

I quickly swung across and caught her, landing on the seats.

Adagio looked up at me and chuckled, pulling the bottom or my mask off for a quick kiss—one that I returned. It lasted a second as she pulled away and smiled.

“Go take her down.” She said.

I didn’t need any more permission as Venom and I shot a web strand at Sunset, pulling her down to the ground and webbing her down. Once she was restrained, Mom came out, shaking her head in relief.

“Sunset Shimmer... go to hell.”

Sunset let out one last roar as Mom pulled out the gun and whipped her with it, knocking her out as she began to change back to normal...

Save for her greenish skin and black eyes still remaining.

The gem fell out of her head and I grabbed it, web-pulling the crown to me.

“All of this... just for this damned crown?” I asked as I put the gem back on.

I took a breath of relief as the battle was finally over... police were already on the scene, taking the Rainbooms away—save for Rarity, who was talking to one of the officers.

“To be fair...” A familiar voice behind me started.

I quickly turned around to see Twilight—her mechanical arms gone—wearing a cloak.

“...that crown is very special where I’m from.” She said.

I didn’t say a word as I pulled her in for a hug, not questioning the fact that her glasses were gone.

“Twi! Where’ve you been? Where’s your brother?” I asked, looking around for him as Adagio landed behind us.

“My broth—oh, no—I'm... not your Twilight.” She said as she set the crown on her head, wings sprouting from her back...

I heard Sunset scream as I turned to see her being held back by two officers.

“You! You took everything from me! Twilight Sparkle, you are dead! DEAD JUST LIKE OCTAVIA--” Shining came from behind and tased her, knocking her out as the officers started putting her in the van.

I turned once again to see Bon-Bon, holding her badge in her hand.

“I’m sorry, miss, but I’m going to have to ask you to leave.” Shining said before looking at her badge.

The badge had a symbol of a sword, followed by the acronym S.W.O.R.D...

“Shit...” Shining cursed under his breath.

“Not so fast, Captain—these girls are no longer your issue...” She said as several vans came behind her, inside of them came armed men in military armor, all with heavy weaponry.

At that point, I had no idea what was going on—another Twilight? Bon-Bon was a secret agent? And what the hell was S.W.O.R.D?

“Ms. Bon-Bon, with all due respect, this is personal—these girls are responsible for the expulsion of dozens of Canterlot’s students and the leave of several teachers... this is a city issue, not--”

“If you wish to file a complaint, feel free to send an e-mail. But for tonight, these girls can no longer be contained in a county jail... we have a place for people like them...” She said.

I then decided to go ask what the hell was going on, but Bon-Bon tunred to me.

“Spider-Man—I get that you’re confused... just know that we’re the good guys...” Bon-Bon said as her people started taking the Rainbooms on to their transports.

She then turned to Twilight and bowed.

“Your Highness... I’m honored to be the first human to make first contact.” She said as she held out her hand, allowing the other Twilight to shake it.

Highness?

“No need for the formalities—I just came here for the crown... but it looks like I was too late...” She looked at the crown and saw that the once-purple gem was now grey and dull...

Twilight pocketed the crown and turned to Adagio, the former recognizing the latter.

“And Adagio Dazzle—you did Equestria a favor tonight... I’ll bring the idea of undoing your exile to Princess Luna.”

Adagio didn’t seem fazed, even when I went wide-eyed at the idea of my mother as a princess...

“Thank you for the thought, Your Highness, and I’m certain my sisters may want to hear that—but as for me, I'm perfectly fine, here...” Adagio said as she walked over to me, taking my hand...

Twilight nodded and she left for the portal, her time possibly running short.

Bon-Bon then overlooked the scene, the Rainbooms now in their transport vans while several officers were loading Applejack on a stretcher.

“How the hell is she still alive? She got her head crushed like a soda can, but she’s still breathing...” One of the armored agents said.

“It’s possible that her brain wasn’t too badly damaged, but if we don’t set her skull back into place, the shards will penetrate her cranium.” A paramedic said, loading the patient onto an ambulance.

Bon-Bon then held up her hand, clearing her throat to be better heard.

“Alright, people—let's move out!” Bon-Bon hopped on the side of a van and tapped it, causing the driver to start moving, the group now driving into the night...

With that... it was over. The Rainbooms were gone...

Mom and the other students emerged from the bleachers, safe and sound, and my mom approached me...

“So, I’m a princess in that world, and a principal here? Yeah, that makes sense.” She said as she held me in a bear-hug, one that I returned.

Adagio chuckled as she joined in. I turned to Flash, who simply waved his hand.

“Nah, you guys have your moment—I'm gonna look for Aria.” He said as he spotted her and ran toward her.

Mom then got a phone call which broke the group hug—save for Adagio and I, us still having an arm around each other.

I managed to catch the other Twilight one last time, slipping through the horse statue outside the school... the same place where that flash of light was a few nights ago...

Once Twilight went through, I noticed that the moon was at the top of the sky and the statue seemed to lose its color, like it’s magic faded away...

“...I understand, I’ll get there as soon as I can!” Mom hung up from the phone with a look of relief.

“What is it?” I turned to her.

Mom wiped a tear from her eye and smiled.

“Octavia woke up... She’s awake!”

I didn’t need any other reason to put on my mask, grab her, and start swinging to the hospital.

“Go, I’ll meet you two there!” Adagio said, following suite in her Siren form.


Once Adagio, my mom and I landed by the hospital, she quickly gave me her jacket to cover my suit and I pocketed my mask. We went inside and the clerk quickly recognized us, due to our numerous visits...

“She’s in her room, just check in and go.” She said.

My mom quickly scribbled her name and wrote the date before taking my hand and running through the doors, me taking Adagio’s. Mom almost kicked the door down and she turned to the bed, where Octavia was sitting upright and glanced at my mom and I.

“You got tall...” She said to me.

Mom and I didn’t say a word as we both ran over to her, giving her an embrace that she returned. The hug lasted at least a minute until we broke away, Octavia then turning her attention to Adagio.

“I’m guessing you’re his girlfriend...” She said.

Adagio chuckled and rubbed the back of her neck.

“Yes... I am.” Adagio said as she walked over to us.

I then noticed that Octavia saw my spider-emblem underneath the large jacket, but didn’t say anything about it... we simply nodded at each other, while the room’s television recapped the night’s events.

“...and in a remarkable series of events, Spider-Man managed to make new friends tonight—one wearing black armor, and another... with wings. And if that wasn’t crazy enough, the infamous Rainbooms, now discovered to have been running a crime syndacate for the last two and a half years, were apprehended by the Stragetic Worldwide Operation of Rapid Defense—or S.W.O.R.D, for short. Witnesses even claim that Sunset Shimmer, who arrived at the scene alongside the infamous crimelord Kingpin, transformed into what can only be described as a... green goblin.”

I didn’t care if the world knew about them... I just cared that it was finally over... and soon enough, the city might not need Spider-Man, anymore...

Adagio took my hand, and I returned it, while my mom kept talking to Octavia... we then looked out the window at the rising sun, and we both chuckled to each other...

It was time for a new beginning.

Author's Note:

And with that, this little experiment is over-- at least for now. A tad rushed, but this is only an origin story...

Also, here's (in my opinion) a pretty decent rendition of this universe's Green Goblin...