• Published 12th Feb 2019
  • 10,568 Views, 448 Comments

SCP: Breakout - Happy2343



The SCP Foundation, an organization that has Existed for thousands of years, survived the near extinction of their species, but will one slip up end it all?

  • ...
15
 448
 10,568

(5 Part 3) What Now?

Twilight walked into the circular room. Her head turned. She saw Celestia, bags still under her eyes, barely clinging to consciousness. Her head turned and saw Luna, she was straining at the effort to stay standing up straight, there were various bandages on her body. Cadance was looking at the ground, a hoof around her brought Twilight’s gaze to her brother, whose life had completely turned around; from a happy, carefree day to one of pain and suffering.

Twilight’s neck turned to the other side. Starlight Glimmer, headmare of her school was sitting next to Sunburst, who’s forehooves were in casts. They were talking about something, but Twilight continued to look around. Her friends walked around her and took various seats around the table. She let go of a breath that she didn’t know she was holding in as she looked at the Captains. The Solar, Lunar, and Crystal guard. Their faces mirrored Celestia’s.

‘This is abysmal,’ Twilight thought, ‘We’re supposed to be leaders… putting the wellbeing of our ponies first… and here we are.’ She moved on autopilot to the closest free seat. She looked at Celestia, who had her attention on her niece to her left. Twilight sat the items on the table.

She sighed, ‘The leaders of the most powerful nations on Equis…’ she thought, ‘Are we even that anymore?’

Twilight yawned, just now realizing her tiredness. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Luna’s horn begin to glow. She glanced at the items on the table. They were slowly being dragged through the air to her. Twilight tensed up, ‘She doesn’t know who to work them!’ Her mind screamed, ‘What if she breaks them?’

She watched Luna scrutinize the ‘tape player,’ as Ross called it. Twilight’s mind was screaming at her to stop Luna from breaking them, but a cooler part of her mind prevailed. ‘She’s just looking…’ She thought, ‘breath. Just breathe…’ she breathed in and out, trying to mask it as sighing, she felt a hoof land on her back. She tensed her shoulders.

“Are you having another panic attack?” She heard Celestia say, “You haven’t had one in years…”

“No… I think I’m just tired,” Twilight replied, she sighed, “I just… I just need a minute.”

Celestia nodded, “Of course, take as much time as you need. I can’t take care of-“

She was cut off by a voice at the end of the table, “I do believe we are all here, can we call this meeting to order?”

Celestia looked at her sister, slightly annoyed. “I… suppose,” Celestia said, she glanced back at Twilight before looking forward, “May I see those,” she gestured to the items suspended in Luna’s magic. Twilight sighed, ‘I really don’t want to listen to that thing again.’

Twilight watched as Luna levitated and set the items in front of her larger and older peer. She heard Celestia say something under her breath, but she was too tired to care, followed by her clearing her throat, gaining the attention of everypony in the room.

“As we all know, the castle was infiltrated two nights ago, resulting in Princess Flurry Heart being foalnapped,” Twilight noticed her choke on her name, “We now know who and what perpetrated this. The entity SCP 106.”

“Then what of the others?” Luna asked, “Who are they?”

Celestia looked down at Twilight. “O-oh,” She said in surprise, “Well… My best guess is that they are entrusted with securing this entity and others.”

“If that is… Then did a terrible job,” Luna said.

“Actually Luna,” Twilight said, about to correct her only for Luna to shoot a glare in her direction, “W-Well…”

“Luna, there is no need for that!” Celestia chastised, “Please continue Twilight.”

“I-I think that they’ve been here longer than us. Maybe even before our civilizations founding.”

“Forgive me, Princess,” she heard one of the captains, the Solar One, say, “But is this box here proof of this?”

“...yes…” she sighed out, “It is… disturbing… to listen to.”

Luna grabbed the box in her magic and lifted it up to one of her ears, she barely waited for a second, “Oh no, whatever shall I do?” She said sarcastically, she tore it away from her ear, “This is just a box, I’d like to know-“ Twilight magically pressed the single triangle button.

Note from 05-7:” The player began to talk, Luna dropped it out of surprised, it barely being caught by Twilight’s magic. She pressed the double-barred button, stopping the audio.

“Luna!” Celestia said to her sister, “for all you knew that could’ve been dangerous, please stop playing around.” Her sister's face went red.

“I was-“

“Please explain what this is Twilight,” Celestia said.

“This is a… Well a recording device, like a record player,” she said, “but obviously on a much smaller scale.”

“The prisoner did give us a demonstration of how it functions,” Celestia added, “We should be careful,” she said while looking at her sister’s still reddened face, “with it, we have no idea how it works.”

“Could we hear it from the beginning?” Shining Armor asked, “we need all the information we can get.”

Celestia looked at Twilight again, ‘I don’t know!’ She thought, ‘Why Are you looking at me?’ She turned to the player again and inspected the buttons. ‘Okay, pause and play. He pressed this one,’ she saw the double triangle facing right, ‘to move it forward… so this one,’ she looked at the double triangle facing left, ‘should make it go back?’ She presses it down. The odd whirring sound came back to her ears.

She looked around the room, the rest of the ponies were looking at her intently. She looked at the player again, “I um… don’t know-“

*Click*

She looked back down. The button had pushed itself back out, ‘That’s new.’ She pressed the play button again.

“SCP 106, object class Keter,” Twilight got her notes out from earlier and got ready to write, “Special Containment Procedures, Revision *BZZZT* - *BZZT*,” Twilight saw Luna begin to talk and preemptively paused it.

“What was that?” The Alicorn asked, “Then while buzzing thing?”

“I assume its information,” Twilight replied, “classified probably.” She pressed the button and picked up her pencil and paper.

“Has been reinstated as of Test 106-12/14/3556. All physical interaction must be approved by no less than a two-thirds vote from O5-Command. Any such interaction must be undertaken in AR-II maximum security sites, after a general non-essential staff evacuation. All staff (Research, Security, Class D, etc.) are to remain at least sixty meters away from the containment cell at all times, except in the event of breach events.

SCP-106 is to be contained in a sealed container, comprised of lead-lined steel. The container will be sealed within forty layers of identical material, each layer separated by no less than 36cm of empty space. Support struts between layers are to be randomly spaced. The container is to remain suspended no less than 60cm from any surface by ELO-IID electromagnetic supports.

Note from 05-2, on *BZZZT*/*BZZZT*/ 5016:” A female voice began talking, “SCP 106 has been more active as of late, nearly *BZZZT* escapes a month. I am enforcing protocol *BZZZZT* having at least two MTF units at site *BZZT*. The current MTF units will be assigned until further notice: Pi-1 and Epsilon-6.”

The scribble of Twilight’s pencil consumed the silence. She preemptively paused it, expecting somepony to ask questions. She brought her head out of the notepad. “Any questions?”

“Do you have any answers?” Her brother asked in response, earning a glare from Celestia.

“Not… really, only speculation really.”

Celestia cut off the conversation by saying, “Well, maybe we will get more by actually listening to it,” she turned to Twilight, “Please hold all further questions until we are done.” Twilight pressed the play button after a nod from her peer.

Secondary containment area is to be comprised of sixteen spherical “cells”, each filled with various fluids and a random assembly of surfaces and supports. Secondary containment is to be fitted with light systems, capable of flooding the entire assembly with no less than 80,000 lumens of light instantly with no direct human involvement. Both containment areas are to remain under 24-hour surveillance.

Any corrosion observed on any containment cell surfaces, staff members, or other site locations within two hundred meters of SCP-106 are to be reported to Site Security immediately.”

Twilight began writing more things down, ‘lumens,’ ‘16 cells,’ ‘24 hour surveillance.’

“Any objects or personnel lost to SCP-106 are to be deemed missing/KIA. No recovery attempts are to be made under any circumstances.”

The lead-in Twilight’s pencil snapped. The words from the player sliced through the room like a hot knife and butter. Twilight knew that this was, she and Celestia were shown it, ‘We didn’t tell Cadance… did we?’ She looked at her former foalsitter, who seemed to have the attention of the entire room. Twilight paused the tap.

“Maybe we shou-“

“No,” Cadance said, interrupting Twilight, “I want to listen to it… if there’s a chance this thing has a weakness, we need to know.” Despite her words’ strength, her body was shaking and tears were welling up in her eyes.

“If you say so,” Twilight said before playing it again.

“Description: SCP-106 appears to be an elderly humanoid, with a general appearance of advanced decomposition. This appearance may vary, but the “rotting” quality is observed in all forms. SCP-106 is not exceptionally agile, and will remain motionless for days at a time, waiting for prey. SCP-106 is also capable of scaling any vertical surface and can remain suspended upside down indefinitely. When attacking, SCP-106 will attempt to incapacitate prey by damaging major organs, muscle groups, or tendons, then pull disabled prey into its pocket dimension. SCP-106 appears to prefer human prey items in the 10-25 years of age bracket.

SCP-106 causes a “corrosion” effect in all solid matter it touches, engaging a physical breakdown in materials several seconds after contact. This is observed as rusting, rotting, and cracking of materials, and the creation of a black, mucus-like substance similar to the material coating SCP-106. This effect is particularly detrimental to living tissues, and is assumed to be a “pre-digestion” action. Corrosion continues for six hours after contact, after which the effect appears to “burn out”.

SCP-106 is capable of passing through solid matter, leaving behind a large patch of its corrosive mucus. SCP-106 is able to “vanish” inside solid matter, entering what is assumed to be a form of “pocket dimension”. SCP-106 is then able to exit this dimension from any point connected to the initial entry point (examples: “entering” the inner wall of a room, and “exiting” the outer wall. Entering a wall, and exiting from the ceiling). It is unknown if this is the point of origin for SCP-106 or a simple “lair” created by SCP-106.

Limited observation of this “pocket dimension” has shown it to be comprised mostly of halls and rooms, with *BZZZZZZZZZZZT* entry. This activity can continue for days, with some subjected individuals being released for the express purpose of hunting, recapture, *BZZZZZZT*. To date, there has only been one successful “escapee” from 106’s pocket dimension. All others have either gone insane or have never been seen again.

Note from 05- 1, ‘During event Site-*BZZZZZZZT *, a site-wide containment failure of site-19, subject D-9341 was “captured” by SCP-106, *Bzzzt* times with little damage to his person. See event Site-19 - 23 for more information.’”

A golden beam of magic hit the pause button on the player. “I think that is enough for now,” Celestia said, “If we listen to it all in one go, then we might be too tired to process the information.” She looked out one of the windows of the room and looked at the sun’s location, nearly ready for setting, “It is nearly time for Luna to raise the moon anyway, we should reconvene tomorrow morning after breakfast.”

There were no voiced objections, but Twilight thought, ‘I am not tired,’ She set the notepad and pencil down on the table, ‘We’ve barely listened to a fraction of what I and the girls heard.’ She shuddered at the cracking sounds from the player, ‘I don't want to listen to that...test… if they can even call it that, again.’ She magically grabbed the items on the table, but she was beaten to it by another beam of magic.

“Forgive me Twilight,” Said Luna, “But I would like to study this item further.”

“But-”

“Perhaps it would be best if somepony saw it with a fresh pair of eyes,” Celestia said in the same motherly tone.

Almost in tandem, her brother began to support the idea, “C’ mon Twi,” He said, “We all need some sleep, you especially.”

“Bu-” Twilight began her protest, swinging her head every which way. ‘I have the most knowledge out of all of us,’ She told herself, ‘I know I can take the best notes, I know I can…’ She yawned, ‘But I’ve been up since my niece’s birthday, a nearly two whole days.’

She sighed and nodded.


Twilight had waved at Applejack as she too yawned and walked through the door to her room. Her mind thought back to the interrogation she had the previous… ‘Ugh… when was that… a few hours ago… maybe I should make sure that….’ She shook her head followed by a sigh and a yawn. ‘Why should I worry about him?’ She thought.

She began walking to her room, ‘Why should I…’ She finished her thought before it was done, I am really bad at being bad, aren’t I?’ She thought to herself. She looked out the window and saw the moon rising in the sky, ‘I really need to get to sleep, I have a long day tomorrow.’ She again yawned, this time her eyes barely opened up fully.

She turned a corner and went up some stairs, ‘Maybe I should just go back, maybe the situation is out of my hooves?’ She turned a corner, ‘oh Tartarus, I haven’t even thought about poor Flurry,’ She turned another corner before yawning again. She shook her head to keep the blood flowing, ‘And what if she is alive? What if she’s just at the whim of that creature?

She really didn’t know which creature she was thinking of, 106 or the foundation. Her anxiety began to well up inside a pit in her stomach, ‘What if she’s just being tortured?’ An image of the dark, black and decayed figure standing over her crying form hit her mind.

‘What if she is alive, but got caught by the foundation?’ Another image, this time of one of the artificial-looking humans standing over her, the face with its cold dead pits for eyes and extended nose looking over her on a table. Tearing her apart and putting her back together again.

She began shaking at the thoughts rampaging through her mind, ‘What if she’s calling for help, what if she can’t call for help, what if she…’ her thought was cut off by her nose hitting a door. She again shook her head, this time instead of returning to the mind-destroying cycle of her thoughts, she inspected her surroundings. She blinked, “This isn’t my room,” She said out loud, she looked around, ‘Where are the patrols? Cadance and Shiny said they were going to add more after the incident.’


Well don’t blame me for your terrible directions!” Natalie said into her microphone the sound of a growing blizzard hitting the windows making adding an additional background noise to her boss’s bitching, she touched at her external mic, making sure it was off for the eighth time that night. She walked silently along the wall, walking as quietly as possible. ‘Leave it to the fuckin rookie to save the CO’s ass…’

Hey, I don’t blame you kid, but you really shoulda been listening.” Her anger was boiling, ‘Why the hell are you berating me, you’re the one who got captured,’ she rechecked her ammo in her P90, ‘Still full Nat,’ She thought to herself, She heard another pair of hoofsteps walking down the hallway, ‘They really ramped up security here… wouldn’t blame them…’

I’m getting closer,” She said into her mic, “Now gimme a sec, I gotta take out another patrol.” Natalie stuck herself at a corner of another junction, she quickly peeked and saw two ponies, both with wings coming her way. ‘The Lunar guard again, man it feels like I’ve taken these guys down a million times,’ She readied her gun.

“I’m telling you Dark,” the mare on the right said to the one on the left, “The Prince is really looking at you, it’s almost scary.” They were getting closer, ‘They’re walking in the middle of the hallway like the others,’ She aimed the P90 at about their height and listened. She heard her breathing, along with their trotting and talking. Natalie took a deep breath and held it.

‘Dark’ turned the corner and immediately saw Natalie. The MTF operative used the butt of her gun and hit the other guardsmare on the side of her head. The spear she was holding hit the ground with a clang, followed by the form of the bat-pony. “Not again…” Natalie heard ‘Dark’ say.

“Again?” She quickly said as she turned her gun around, pointing it at the pony, “Bad Luck then,” She said to the poor pony guard. The guard, instead of cowering, turned tail and took flight, dropping the spear she was holding. Natalie turned, pulled out her suppressed 1911 and pulled the trigger. With her night vision on, Natalie saw the blood explode off of the pony guard, just under her right-wing. But it wasn’t enough, the guard seemed to fall to the side and hit the wall, blood smearing its otherwise elegant fixtures.

The gunshot seemed to elicit a small yelp from the pony, ‘Not a full-on scream at least,’ Natalie thought. She immediately took off after the guard, her breathing even more audible through her mask. She saw the guard stumble and fall around a corner, the clanging of her armor hitting the ground being drowned out, as soon as the MTF Private caught up, the mare was opening her mouth to speak. It felt like slow-motion, there was a pony standing in front of a door, the one door that looks to be described by her colonel. Natalie wrapped her hands and arm around the Pony’s mouth and neck and dragged it back around the corner. ‘Sorry about thi-’

The pony bit her hand, hard. Her two fangs breaking through the glove on her hand and quite possibly drawing blood.

“You FAHHMmmmmm!!” She threw the pony on the ground and brought her fist on the Poney’s head, and veeeeeeeeeeeeerrry metal helmet that only served to disorient the pony and hurt Natalie even further. The pony again made a dash for the other, trying, in vain, to take flight. The resulting jump nearly brought the pony around the corner, if only the human hadn't grabbed her tail, yanking it and the pony along with it, earning another yelp from the pony.

“HE-!” Natalie clamped the mouth shut, wrapping her hand around it.

A concerned, “Who was that?” answered in a much quieter tone, “Did somepony say something?”

The only answer the mare gave was a whimper, drowned out by the sound of wind and snow. ‘There have been a lot more storms here now that I-” The mare flapped her one good wing, hitting the mask upon Natalie’s face, slightly startling the MTF operative. ‘That won’t help her at all, just-’ Natalie nearly made the same mistake of hitting her hand on the helmet again, instead, she grabbed the flapping wing, quieting the noisy appendage. ‘Noise,’ The mare began to go in and buck the wall, ‘She’s trying to make noise!’

“If you make another sound, I’ll go pay your sleepy friend a visit after I’m through with the two of you,” She mare’s eyes went wide-eyed and the legs steadied, she also felt the wing stop attempting to move. “Now,” She said, “Sleep tight.” She hit the back of the mare’s neck, instantly sending her to the ground.

Natalie glared at the body on the ground, she knelt down. She took off her glove and put her unprotected hand in front of the mare’s mouth. ‘Still breathing then,’ She thought to herself. Natalie stood up and put her glove back on, she got to the corner and peered around it, she saw a pony no less than a few meters from coming around the corner, she immediately turned back, ‘That was,’ she quickly looked again, ‘The one that saved me…’ She lightly banged the helmet on the wall behind her, ‘Great.’

“Huh, must’ve been the wind…” She heard the pony say with a sigh, “Or me hallucinating…” She sighed again, “I really need to get some sleep.” She heard the pony say along with more trotting. “But first.”

Natalie breathed in and out as heavily and as silently as she could. She put her hands to her head, the P90 flailing and occasionally hitting her side. ‘Alright... That happened.’ She shook her head, ‘I am not taking the first watch when I bust him out of here.’ She stifled a yawn.

Natalie heard the pony begin to trot back towards the door. She again looked around the corner, she barely caught the sight of a tail going into the door. “TL, did a pony just walk into the room you’re in?” she asked into the microphone.

A very annoyed, “Yes,” followed by the click of the radio was her reply, ‘well great.’

Keep ‘er distracted for me, I’m going to sneak in and knock her out, got it,” She didn’t wait for a reply, instead she walked briskly over to the door and grabbed the handle.


“I just wanted to make sure you were treated ponanely,” Twilight said to the human behind the bars. ‘Well, this is going great,’

“Oh, I’m fine,” He said sarcastically, “I just being kept in a foreign country, filled with a different species, all my own operatives leaving me behind, ya know just great.” He moved to the bed, which he oddly wasn’t in when Twilight walked in, ‘Has he been up for the whole day?’

“Well,” Twilight started, trying to find something to say, “Were you fed?”

“I don’t eat flowers or straight-up wheat Princess.”

“Right…” She said, “There’s… been something bothering me… about that player,” Twilight said.

“Oh, and what would that be,” He stood up and walked to the bars of the cell until the bars were the only things separating the two. He grabbed a nearby chair and sat in it, backward, putting his hands on the back of the chair. “What is this… thing… that is bothering you?”

“Well, when you played the tape… the first time… you put something in and took something out. What were they?”

Ross looked at his wrist, “Wow a whole twelve hours until you realized… that’s a record right there.”

“Record?”

Ross sighed, “I don’t think you understand,” He looked past Twilight, ‘What is he looking at?’ Twilight thought. “Care to explain private?”

“Huh?” She turned around, only to see something black coming straight for her head.

Author's Note:

All right, another 5ish day, another chapter.

Any errors, I sure hope not, if there are tell me.

EDIT-8/31/19 -added some small things and [DATA EXPUNGED].