• Published 12th Feb 2019
  • 10,474 Views, 447 Comments

SCP: Breakout - Happy2343



The SCP Foundation, an organization that has Existed for thousands of years, survived the near extinction of their species, but will one slip up end it all?

  • ...
15
 447
 10,474

(5 Part 1) Questioning

Twilight burst through the hatch to the top of the spire. She was somehow first. ‘Maybe it was the sight Rainbow and Applejack taking one of those things down?’ She mused as she turned her head. She saw some sort of… flying machine. Her ears became aware of a massive sound that sounded like chopping air, ‘I need to study this after we get Flurry back,’ she thought, ‘if…’, Twilight sighed, she didn’t finish the thought.

Twilight’s eyes locked onto the machine. She saw one of the creatures on what looked like the ramp. They were bent down, their hooves on their knees. Twilight’s eye twitched, ‘You won’t get away,’ her horn began to glow, ‘I won’t let you,’ her horn grew brighter with power, ‘I won’t fail.’

She released the magic. The massive beam of energy seemed to hit the hull of the machine, but the magic which Twilight intended to destroy the machine was merely just absorbed, but it swayed. Twilight shot again, this time a more concentrated and short burst of magic, it swayed again.

Her brother, Celestia, and a good amount of Crystal and Pegasus guards. Twilight’s fellow Princesses and brother joined her in shooting magic at the mechanical flying machine, rocking it tremendously as it tried to pull away. What was also rocking was the one being on the ramp section of the machine. It was swaying back and forth as the magic both found its mark and whizzed by. The sky was only lit up by their magic with Luna being out of commission. The being was attempting to move into the machine and allow the ramp to close. Twilight fired another shot, again lighting up the black, moonless sky. The flash of her magic lit up the sky, it showed the figure moving significantly to the left side of the ramp.

Her brother then shot again. It was gone.

Twilight’s eyes widened and her horn fizzled out. Time seemed to slow down. Another shot, this one from Celestia, shot just under where the machine was. The blue magic again confirmed what she had seen. The form was gone.

“Wait…” She heard Shining say, seeming to sober up from his rage.

Twilight’s eyes widened for a second time and her pupils shrink to pinpricks as everything began to move fast again. She broke into a full gallop and unfurled her wings. Twilight’s eyes were down, making sure she wouldn’t trip on anything.

She heard shining behind her, “You two, after her,” she imagined Shining pointing to two unlucky Pegasi. “The rest of you, follow that… that thing for as long as you can, try to find out where it’s from.”

Twilight kept running. She was sprinting now, ‘If this thing dies, I won’t be able to live with myself…’ her panicked mind produced. She reached the side of the roof and jumped off. She lit her horn, trying to see where the form was. She flapped her wings to go faster, the more scientific part of her mind told her slow down, that she was going too fast, but she continued to speed up, continued to push herself.

Her eyes and head moved on a swivel. They were searching for any sign of the fallen being, her eyes began to water, ‘Where?!’ She brightened her horn. A dark, falling silhouette finally came into her vision. Twilight had to move fast. She hauled herself over the figure and she wrapped her hooves on why felt likes its shoulders.

She heard the figure say, “Huh?”

She grit her teeth. She flapped her wings hard and pulled the beast up from the fall. ‘Even if I can’t stop the fall, I can still slow it.’ She quickly glanced at the approaching ground. It was too close. She looked back up and closed her eyes.

“Errr… come! On! Stop!” Twilight spouted while struggling. Twilight looked back down to the ground. She heaved and let go of the beast.

“Hey! Wha-!” The beast said.

A quiet “Hmph” sound when it- no she hit the ground came from her. The… the mare stood up, ‘Calling her a mare isn't right,’ Twilight mused, ‘I really need to study this species.’ Twilight became aware of the aching on her back. She flew down to the ground and began to breathe in and out, trying to catch her breath which she hadn’t even noticed that she’d lost.

The creature took a similar position she had taken back in the machine; hooves on its knees. Twilight put her wings back on her back. The aching appendages finally getting rest from the massive amount of exertion they had done.

“Thanks…” Twilight heard, she turned to the creature, “I thought I was done for a moment there.” The creature spoke perfect equish. It straightened back out, again towering over the pony princess.

“What… What are you?” Twilight asked, still not having recovered from the workout she had just gone through.

“I Uh… am not cleared to tell you that…” she responded.

“Well, I just saved you!” Twilight said, “Can you tell me what you are? I think you owe me that much!”

Silence.

Twilight stared in the general direction of where the voice came from. ‘Please, just-‘

“Human,” She replied, “That’s what we are.”

“Thank you,” Twilight looked up, she saw the moon finally begin to rise and take the place of the sun. She looked back over to where the human was as the light from the moon finally lit up the streets. They were gone.

Twilight’s head swirled around, looking for any sign of the creature. Nothing.

‘Oh, crabapples.’


Luna was in the castle infirmary. A unicorn doctor, Twin Peaks, was telling her exactly what she didn’t want to hear.

“I am WHAT?” She yelled, “Explain how I am in no condition to move.”

“Y-Your Highness” She stammered out, “the… erm… the creature did a number when it took control of your magic,” the doctor said, “Your back left hoof was shattered.”

Luna started to get out of bed, her magic throwing her sheets aside using her magic. True to the doctors’ word, her back left hoof was in a brace and bandages. She began to tackle the medical equipment with her magic. The doctors’ insistence that she stop fell on deaf ears as Luna was determined to continue in her attempts to get free. Until a certain Alicorn sister entered the room.

“Luna…” She said, “you need to rest.”

“I can rest later, sister,” Luna said, “Right now is the time to strike.”

“Luna-“

“They are on the run sister, we can’t let them recover!”

“Sist-“

“Just help me heal up and we ca-“

“SISTER!” Celestia screamed.

Luna held her mouth open and looked at her sister. Her face was tired and droopy. She has never seen her sister so tired before. Luna closed her mouth.

“They’ve been gone for twelve hours,” Celestia said flatly, “One of the creatures, a human as they call themselves, is still free in the city, the one we did manage to capture has yet to utter a single word and Flurry is still missing.” She sighed, the situation is getting out of hoof, and you getting hurt again is the last thing we need right now, so please.” Luna tried to turn away from her sister's tired face, “Just rest.”

Luna sighed, “Okay sister,” Luna said, “But I expect to be at meetings and I want to be informed of any developments.”

“I would expect nothing less from you, sister.”

“And Tia?”

“Hmm?”

“You get rest too.”

“Okay…”

Celestia turned and looked at Twin Peaks, “Please make sure the brace is on correctly.”

“Of course your highness,” she replied with a bow.

Celestia walked out of the infirmary.

And straight into a nervous niece.

“C-Celestia!”

‘I am not in the condition to deal with this,’ She thought. Celestia quickly looked over her adopted niece. There were bags on her eyes just like her, but, unlike Celestia, Cadance has tear streaks on her face.

“I-I-i c-can’t lose h-him too…” her shaky voice said, “I-“ new tears were forming in her eyes

“Shining Armor?”

Cadance closed her mouth and nodded.

“What’s he doing?” Celestia asked.

“H-he wants to go and find t-them. I-I-“

“Where’s Twilight?”

“T-talking with the prisoner, I c-can't shake her or her f-friends to knock s-some s-sense into him,” Cadance replied.

“I will speak to him then,” Celestia said, “We don’t even have a lead so it would be idiotic to chase them right now.” She turned back to her niece, she was shaking, her tiara and regalia was a mess and that wasn’t even taking her makeup into account, “You need to rest,” Celestia said. Cadance nodded.

“So rest, I will ensure your husband will be there shortly.”

Cadance again nodded, “W-we also n-need to f-find Fl-” Cadance chocked on her daughter’s name, tears began to well up in her eyes. She tried to speak again. Celestia walked up to her side and put her large wing around the slightly smaller Alicorn.

“It’s okay,” She said in her motherly voice, “Just go get some sleep.”

Celestia removed her wing. With that, Cadance began to slowly trot off to the master bedroom. Celestia watched her turn the corner to the hallway which housed all their bedrooms. ‘This situation is a mess,’ Celestia thought, ‘why, now of all times Shining Armor, now is not the time to abandon your wife and kingdom.’

She began to walk to the guard’s barracks’, the only sensible place where he would be gathering troops. She tried to think of what to say, of what to do to convince him to return to his wife. ‘Maybe I should go get Twilight, she would have a better chance of this than me.’

‘It sure is taking a while,’ Celestia shook her head and lit her horn, ‘I should’ve teleported there first,’ Celestia chastised herself, she sighed, ‘I really am tired.’

She released her spell. Her surroundings changed from the hallway to a room. A room that housed the hundreds of royal guards currently on guard. Celestia saw the line of guards in front of her immediately bow. There were her Solar guards, her sisters’ Lunar guard, and the Crystal guard. She turned to the nearest guard, a bat pony mare in her dark blue armor.

“Where is Shining Armor?” Celestia asked sternly.

The mare came up from her bow, along with the rest of the guards, “He just left for the interrogation room,” the mare replied.

“And of his expedition?”

“It is-”

“Not going to happen,” Celestia interrupted, “He is acting out of his emotions.”

“O-of course your majesty, I will inform the lieutenants,” The mare replied.

“Inform them that they need to find the assailant still in the city. We cannot let it get away.”

“Yes, your majesty.”

Celestia charged her horn and released another teleportation spell. This time she found herself behind a one-way crystal mirror. On the other side was the strange being sitting across from the Prince of the Crystal Empire, a human, according to Twilight, speaking of which…

“Celestia?”

Celestia turned to Twilight, who was currently poking through the various things that were found on the being at the time. Celestia walked over to the table that all the objects were on. She picked up the strange stick that it waving at her earlier that night with her magic. “Hello, Twilight,” Celestia said while looking down the length of the weapon, “Has there been any,” She turned her head to the mirror, “progress?”

One look at Shining Armor berating the prisoner with questions gave her the answer. She looked to Twilight who looked off to the side. “No,” Twilight answered, “He’s barely said a word, and what he has said doesn’t really help. Celestia nodded and moved to the mirror, which itself was just a big flat crystal.

“I’m going to get Shining Armor…”

“I tried... “ Twilight trailed off, “He’s not really in an… cooperative mood.”

‘So it would seem,’ Celestia thought, ‘How am I going to convince you?’

Her magic took hold of the crystal door and walked in. Shining Armor looked at Princess Celestia, he bobbed his head in a slight bow, “Princess Celestia,” He said.

The prisoner looked up at her, his face was all black say for a bit of brown on the side, she could barely make out any features at all. She looked at the top of its head, a strange logo on it. ‘A brand perhaps?’ She looked a bit down at the strange eyes on its head. ‘Creepy in all ways,’ then she looked to the mouth… or was it a nose? It was all black, the entire thing looked artificial probably would feel like it too if she touched it.

She turned back to Shining Armor, “We have more pressing issues than this,” She said.

He opened his mouth to respond, but Celestia glared at him. ‘You really want me to take you out of here like a foal, do you?’

He then closed his mouth, “Of course.” Celestia turned and magically opened the door. She waited for Shining to walk out, she gave a glance at the strange prisoner’s face. It cocked its face at her. She regarded the so-called human for a moment. ‘Such a strange creature.’ she turned and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind her.


Shining was seething in anger at either himself or Celestia but after a crash course anger management class with Princess Celestia and his sister, he calmed down. He looked back through the one way crystal, “Just tell me if there are any developments.”

“Of course!” Twilight said before she took another sip of coffee, “I’ll be there in two seconds of anything important.”

Celestia nodded, “You are the co-ruler of the Crystal Empire after all.”

“Thank you,” He said. He turned around and walked out the door.

After a few minutes of waiting in silence, Twilight let out a long-held in sigh. “I didn’t think that would work,” The second youngest princess said, “Once he’s on a roll, rarely everything gets him off it.”

Celestia turned back to them being behind the glass, “He is really stubborn, I’ll give your brother that.” Celestia said while looking at the glass, “I’m going to try talking to it.”

A moment of silence, “Are you sure that’s a good idea?” Twilight asked.

“No,” She sighed, “But there is nothing else we can do, keep tinkering with the objects and call for some guards. I know you’re an Alicorn, but there are certain precautions that must be in place.”

“I’ll… go do that,” Twilight said. She got up and walked out of the room.

“Oh… and Twilight,” The named Alicorn stuck her head back into the room, “If it does begin to talk, get the others.”

“Okay, got it.”

Celestia walked in with a strange, dangerous, alien creature. ‘The recipe for success!’ She thought to herself. She looked at the figure, who in turn, looked at her. She magically closed the door behind her without breaking eye contact. Celestia walked over to the table and sat down opposite of it.

“I don’t expect you to talk, but I do expect you to listen,” Celestia said, “As of now, you are an accessory to regicide. The penalty for that crime is death.”

The creature sat up in its chair.

Celestia huffed, “Now I loathe the taking of any life, but, you’ve hurt my family, and nopony messes with my family and gets away with it.”

The solar princess waited, she waited to see if this creature would finally respond. To see if she could finally get some answers. She looked at the cold dead eyes of the creature. Nothing.

She sighed, “I was hoping I wouldn’t have to do th-”

“Your bluffs are atrocious.” Celestia looked at the creature, ‘Well I guess that worked halfway.’

“How did you know I was bluffing?” Celestia asked the creature.

“Two things,” He said again, his voice sounded muffled, “You don’t look capable of killing, I mean, sure you probably could, but your morals don’t line up with an average killer.”

“And the other?”

The creature laughed, “You just told me.”

Celestia barely stopped herself from laughing too. ‘Well played creature,’ She thought to herself, ‘Well played.’

“So,” He said, taking Celestia out of her thoughts, “Lemme guess, you have questions?”

“Many.”

“Yeah, the other guy just had demanded, seemed pretty pissed off,” it responded, “He was the father of the kid… wasn’t he?”

“Yes,” Celestia said, “I was hoping you could tell me what exactly happened.”

Silence. ‘Come on, you were just talking,’ She thought, “Or what the creature was perhaps. You obviously came to capture it.”

The creature nodded, “Straight to the point,” he said, “Not even an introduction?” He said in a faked hurt tone.

“Of course, sorry,” Celestia said, “It has been a long day.” Celestia cleared her throat, “I am Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria. The father is Prince Shining Armor; he and his wife rule this nation, the Crystal Empire,” Celestia paused, “Their daughter, my niece, is Flurry Heart.”

The creature nodded, “Colonel Daniel Ross, S-” He cut himself off, “Eh what the hell, you have the information anyway, SCP Foundation, MTF Pi-1.”

“That… raises some questions,” Celestia asked, “But we can come back to those… later, perhaps with the rest…” Celestia tapped her chin with a forehoof, “Can you answer what exactly attacked us?”

“SCP 106, a nasty piece of work. Breaks out every two-ish months or so. It-”

“EVERY TWO MONTHS!” Celestia yelled, “How?!”

“Well… it’s complicated.”

“Complicated…” She sighs, “Of course.”

“Now, as I was saying, it’s never gotten this far before, usually it just causes a mess and then gets sent to another facility while we repair. Like fucking clockwork.” Ross said, “I honestly think its got a grudge against the Foundation.”

“Why do you say that?” Celestia asked idly, trying to keep the creature talking.

“Well, if they are to believed, 106 was captured around, eh 3100 years ago.”

“3100?” Celestia asked, “Nearly one thousand years before I was born.”

“Really,” he said, “Just how old are you?”

“I am-”

“1472 years, correct?”

Celestia was silent.

“Your sister, if we count her time away was what 3 years younger?”

Celestia couldn’t find words to say.

Author's Note:

This was supposed to be part of a much longer chapter, in fact, this part was only supposed to be around 1500 words. HAH

Errors, tell me in the comments!
Suggestions are always welcome.

This is what they look like btw