• Published 12th Feb 2019
  • 10,550 Views, 448 Comments

SCP: Breakout - Happy2343



The SCP Foundation, an organization that has Existed for thousands of years, survived the near extinction of their species, but will one slip up end it all?

  • ...
15
 448
 10,550

The End of the Beginning

THE FOLLOWING FILE HAVE BEEN CLASSIFIED TOP SECRET BY ORDER OF THE UNANIMOUS ORDER OF THE 05 COUNCIL.

ONLY THOSE WITH PERMISSION OF THE 05 CAN VIEW THESE DOCUMENTS.

SECURE. CONTAIN. PROTECT.

Events of 01/4/2030 - 04/15/2032:

On 01/04/2030, it was discovered by Russian defectors that the Russian Federation, for years was researching new types of chemical and biological weapons. The United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in collaboration with the United Kingdom’s Secret Intelligence Service (MI6), began to investigate the nature of the weapons and their biological components. On 01/15/2030, in an 8 - 5 vote of the 05 council, it was determined that the development of Chemical and Biological Weapons was not of Foundation Concern, however, on 02/14/2032 documents given to the Foundation by the United States’ Federal Bureau of Investigation Unusual Incidents Unit (UIU), indicated that the Russian Government had developed a so-called “Zombie Virus”.

The nature of the weapons, and how they were described to function akin to SCP-008, usually would’ve prompted a Foundation response, however, the 05 council reaffirmed the decision to stay out in another vote, 7 - 6. Despite not officially taking part in the investigation, the Foundation kept a close watch on the situation. The UIU, despite Foundation protests, had infiltrated one of the Russian research facilities. On 04/15/2032, it was determined that the Russian Government had, in fact, synthesized a new strain of SCP-008. Given the 2 years lost between first discovering the development of the virus and discovering its true nature, the 05 quickly moved to rectify their mistake.

SCP Russia, which had its own branch and administrator, was already attempting to infiltrate various Russian facilities against the 05 decision. These transgressions were overlooked and immediately expanded upon.

Event 11/17/2032:

During an incursion in one of the Russian research facilities, members of MTF Beta-7 ("Maz Hatters") encountered forces from the Chaos Insurgency and were forced to engage with both the Insurgency and Russian forces (Insurgency Forces were also engaged with Russian Federation forces). During the subsequent fight, the facility was destroyed. Originally it was thought that the virus strain was destroyed, however, a nearby town, Nikel, soon reported a sickness spreading through the town.

Spread of Infection: Europe, Asia, and Africa

The SCP Foundation informed the Global Occult Coalition liaison. On 11/19/2032, the United Nations General Secretary announced the nature of the disease. Following the announcement, the SCP Foundation, in a 12 - 1 vote, decided to go public to support the effort. The Infection, by this point, had spread to the nearby city of Murmansk. Before proper quarantine could be enacted by either the G.O.C. or the Russian Military, several ships had left the port

11/21/2032

Reports of the symptoms were reported in Arkhangelsk, Edinburgh, Dover, Rotterdam, and Amsterdam. Luckily, none of the ships that left for the Americas reached their shores (The ships, Kono and Kristol were both intercepted and forced to turn back).

11/25/2032

Symptoms of the virus began to show up France, Germany, and Spain. The Russian Federation Collapses. A provisional UN Authority is set up in St. Petersberg while Moscow falls to a Military Junta. SCP Russia seizes seventeen Russian research labs and teams begin to destroy the new strain of SCP - 008.

11/30/2032

An estimated 60% of the Russian population along with a third (33%) of the Nordic Union population is infected. The Russian Army begins to massacre civilians suspected of infection. The United States, along with the rest of the Organization of American States, impose a quarantine of the Old World.

12/14/2032

The Russian Provisional Government’s Headquarters, stationed in the Winter Palace are assaulted by mobs of civilians demanding a cure. The Palace is overrun, both by rioters and zombified humans. The United Nations Global Occult Coalition splits as they cannot decide to fall back to Oceania or save the uninfected civilians. Foundation Command loses contact with SCP Russia. It is estimated that 90% of Europe is infected with the infection along with 70% of the Middle East.

01/20/2033

The new president of the United States orders guards to be posted at every major port, as well as the immediate construction of a border wall with Mexico. Mexico Mirrors the act, this time in the Yucatan Region. Radio Contact Lost with the United Kingdom and the Irish Republic.

Operation Cinder

ICBMs from the United States of America, Mexican Republic, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, and Bolivia will be launched and terminate major metropolitan areas. The Republic of China(Taiwan), Australia, and the United States will launch ICBMs and Nuclear Missiles from submarines to hit targets in mainland China, India, Eastern Africa, and Japan.

Signatories
United States of America - Proposal Accepted
Mexico - Proposal Accepted
Canada - Proposal Accepted
Argentina- Proposal Accepted
Brazil- Proposal Accepted
Chile- Proposal Accepted
Bolivia- Proposal Accepted
Republic of China- Proposal Accepted
Australia- Proposal Accepted

The proposal has been unanimously accepted by all participating parties. Operation designated Operation Cinder is to be carried out on 05/30/2034.

Projected Results:
Damage to Earth’s Ecosystem
6.2 billion deaths/infected killed
Irreversible Climate Change
Irreversible Continental Plate Shifting
Possibility of an IK-Class Collapse of Global Civilization Scenario
Possibility of an XK-Class End-of-the-World Scenario
Mutation of Various Animals, organisms, or insects due to radiation.
Earth Rendered Inhabitable for three-thousand (3000) Years


05-1 put the paper down. 'It took less than a year for all of this to fall apart,' the old man sighed, 'And all for naught.' He looked up the white porcelain steps of the Capitol building. He looked at the stars and stripes one last time. "Sir?" He turned, one of his guards was beckoning him forward. "We must get you to safety, D.C. isn't safe anymore."

As if on cue, he looked through his gas mask and saw a shambling shadow of a man walking toward them. Blood oozing from his eyes and mouth. The old man unholstered his gun and shot the zombie in the head. "Not yet Sergeant," He looked at the flag, still defiantly waving in the wind, "I want that flag..."

The Sergeant sighed, with a hint of relief, "I'll see to it personally, sir," He said, "Now, please wait in the armored car, I'll take Andy and get it."

The old 05 walked and sat in the car. He watched through the wired window as the flag came down, he turned away before it went down completely. 05-1 looked out the opposite window. He saw the metal fences and concrete barriers set up around the capitol building. He saw past that, the former residents of the city, clambering at the barriers, trying to break through them.

The front door opened, and the sergeant sat in the driver's seat. "Here sir." As he handed the 05 the folded flag, the other MTF Operative sat in the passenger seat.

"Is there anyone else left in the city?"

"No sir," The Sergeant said, "We're the last ones, site fifteen is about an hour drive."

05-1 looked at his watch, "Well you better floor it," he said, "The President has rigged the bombs to blow in about an hour and fifteen."

The Sergeant sighted with relief,"With pleasure sir." He stepped on the gas.

Author's Note:

Next should be out sooner or later