• Published 12th Feb 2019
  • 10,568 Views, 448 Comments

SCP: Breakout - Happy2343



The SCP Foundation, an organization that has Existed for thousands of years, survived the near extinction of their species, but will one slip up end it all?

  • ...
15
 448
 10,568

05 Meeting 0█/██/20██

05-8 took another sip of his coffee as he watched the news, “While the Russian government denies all claims that they are currently researching any new forms of biological weapons, UN inspectors have been repeatedly denied into several major research facilities-” The door to the council chambers opened, he clicked the pause button on the remote.

“We need to address this,” 05-8 said, putting down the remote and his coffee. He pointed to the screen, “The last thing we need is another world war. Especially one that involves biological warfare.” He sat up in his chair

“I think you need to relearn our whole handbook 08, we don’t deal with that sort of thing,” 05-6 responded, “Now turn that back on, I was watching that,” The man in the white lab coat sat down in the chair next to 05-8, “Look, that’s just what she is going to say during the meeting,” He straightened out his coat and looked at the small flatscreen TV in between them. “Jack, as a friend… let it rest. The UN or the US will sort it out.”

05-8 sighed, “I know it’s outside our station, but this is a matter of global security, not national, not foundational, global,” He paused to think, “I’m going to make my argument, and 02 will make hers, it’ll be put to a vote, then that’s that. And if I am right,” He turned to his friend and shook his head, “well…”

“Sure, sure 08, but I’m just forewarning you,” He rolled his eyes, “Now turn it back on,” 08 clicked the play button on the remote. The news began to play. 08 looked at the clock on the opposite side of the table, ‘Got about fifteen minutes to kill…’ he reached out to a cup on a coaster in front of him, 05-8 felt the warmth of the coffee through the mug. He took a sip and looked at the TV.

“The President had this to say,” The screen changed to a podium with the seal of the president of the United States on it, the woman behind the podium began to talk, “Concerning the events unfolding in Russia; My top advisors and I are following them. Rest assured, we are working with the Russian President and their government to secure legal inspections of Russian test facilities.” The setting changed back to the newsroom, “The White House refused to comment any further, in other news…”

05-6 turned off the TV. “Oh, those Russians…” A female voice said. Both 05-6 and 8 turned, “Ya’ know, I don’t know ‘bout y’all, but I gotta agree with 08 this time, Russia up to something bad.”

05-8 turned to 06 as the female walked to her seat, “At least someone else agrees with me,” He said, 05-4 sat next to 05-6. She pulled out a laptop and turned it on.

“Hey, for all you know they could just be building more nukes,” 06 said, “That’s for the U.S. to decide how to handle.”

“Or they could be-”

“Boys, this should wait ‘till the meeting, this bickering and all is going to gimme a headache.” She began to type things down, “Now can we please just calm down.” She sighed.

05-6 and 8 looked at each other and shrugged. 05-8 took out his personal laptop, soon followed by 05-6. ‘I’ll need to get in touch with Nikki…’ 05-8 thought, ‘Maybe she could undercut the decision made…if we need to...’ He shook his head as he began to compose an email.


10:13 A.M. 05 Council Chambers
Level 4 Access Required…



Credentials Accepted…

05-1: “This meeting of the 05 will now come to order, the subject, which we will not be swaying away from, is the recent events in ██████, concerning their increase in militarism and their development in biological weapons. Primarily their closeness in ██████████ SCP-███.” 05-1 brings some papers on the table together and taps them against the table, straightening them out, “Is there anyone who wants to start?”

05-2 gets up from her seat. She begins to gesture at 05-8.

05-2: “I’m surprised you were able to get this-”

05-1: “I WILL NOT LET YOUR LITTLE RIVALRY RUIN ANOTHER MEETING, ███████!” 05-1 clears his throat, “Now, have a seat 05-2.”

05-2 grumbles and sits down.

05-1: “Would the… The other party in this like to start the actual discussion.” 05-1 looks at 05-8, as does 05-6. “We already know 05-2’s opinion, and despite her…” 05-1 looks at 05-2, “disagreeable tone, she does have a valid point.”

05-8 stands up: “As stated earlier we suspect the ███████ ██████████ has, or they are attempting to █████████ SCP-███.” 05-2 grumbles, “I propose that we begin to investigate the ███████ black sites for instances of SCP-███.”

05-13: “I’m all for going after my ███████ Brethren, but they will know they are being infiltrated,” 05-13 is cut off by 05-11.

05-11: “But, going after a sovereign state? That’s pushing the bounds of ‘Protecting Humanity,’” 05-11 adjusted his tie, “But SCP-███, is a serious threat to humanity.”

05-9: “But… openly attacking ██████, that’s near suicide for the Foundation.”

05-7: “And do we have any firm proof that they are trying to █████████ SCP-███?”

The room is silent.

05-6: “We’re looping back to, ‘What ifs,’” 05-8 looks at 05-6, “But, as you said, it’s a threat to humanity…”

05-2: “I feel a vote is in order.”

05-1: “Okay,” 05-1 began to type on his laptop, “We have two options, either attack ██████ in an attempt to stop the possible ███████████ of SCP-███?” He typed more on his laptop, “For the record, are there any opposed to a vote at this time?”

05-2: “...”

05-3: “...”

05-4: “...”

05-5: “...”

05-6: “...”

05-7: “...”

05-8: “...”

05-9: “...”

05-10: “...”

05-11: “...”

05-12: “...”

05-13: “...”

05-1: “Okay then… all in favor?”

Hands went up into the air.

05-1: “All opposed?”

Hands again entered the air.

05-1: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Author's Note:

These chapters won’t be a regular thing, just here to give a bit of backstory.