• Published 9th Feb 2019
  • 787 Views, 8 Comments

Captain Goodking and the Nightmare Knights - Leondude



The newly reformed Storm King teams up with the Nightmare Knights to take down a foe from ancient Equestrian times.

  • ...
7
 8
 787

Chapter 12 - It's treason then

Goodking and Trixie listened to the conversation between Capper and General Snake. Given how Snake was speaking in a quiet tone, it made listening to the general rather difficult. But looking at Capper and Snake's facial expressions, it was clear they were up to no good. And so they decided to do the appropriate thing and open the door in a dramatic manner and confront Capper and Snake. While Capper and Snake were surprised by the intrusion, they both managed to keep their cool, with Snake being the first to speak up.

"Your grace, and Trixie, I take it your conversation went well. Although I must say it was quicker than I expected"

"Save it, general!" Goodking shouted "We are placing you under arrest for treason!"

"Are you threatening me, your grace?"

"Oh, this ain't a threat. I'm going to grab you and throw your butt in jail if I have to!"

"Usually, treason is punishable by death"

As Captain Goodking tried to make a good comeback to what Snake just said, Snake just rolled his eyes and then tried to "explain" the situation.

"Why do you think I would betray you, your grace? I was just discussing your plans to free all the slaves with Lord Capper. He thinks it's a noble idea"

"Yeah, but what about the 'me looking tired' comment?"

"Well, given how you thought Lord Capper and I were going to commit treason, clearly you're suffering from paranoia induced by fatigue"

"Mind if I butt in, fellas?" Lord Capper said "Now I admit I'm not familiar with the whole royalty and politics do-da, but I believe my title should be Lord Dapperpaws"
Captain Goodking, Trixie and General Snake just stared at Lord Cap-I mean Dapperpaws in a shared look of disbelief. "Dapperpaws"? Really? That's the most pretentious last name everyone in the room (and myself) has ever heard. Anyways, after that little debacle was over, Snake showed Dapperpaws the way out while everyone else made their way to their bedchambers. Good thing too, since Dapperpaws wanted to leave the moment Trixie teleported Goodking out of the dining room. After that, Snake made his way into the royal bedroom, where Goodking was snoring and drooling on the Goodking-brand pillow and quilt covers of his golden king-sized bed. At this point, I am almost tempted to call him The Gold King. While it would be easy for Snake to grab a pillow and smother him, he figured it is best to assassinate him when he will publicly free all the people he enslaved tomorrow.

Night eventually became day and Goodking woke up, had a nice lovely stretch, walked into his royal bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his mouth out with his Goodking-brand toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouthwash. After that, he then had a nice bowl of milk and Goodking-Os and then made his way to a big golden podium facing hundreds of enslaved subjects. After tapping the microphone on the podium to make sure it's on, Goodking then inhaled in an exaggerated manner. But before he could say what he was going to say, the podium he was on got struck by a blast of magic. Goodking was lucky to survive the podium's destruction. And when he looked up, he noticed an alicorn with a starry mane and a black coat. She was wearing blue armour and had very sharp teeth, along with a pair of blue snake-like eyes. The alicorn laughed as she caused unforetold destruction across the land. Trixie tried to defend everyone against this alicorn, but she got struck down. After that, the alicorn looked at the wounded Goodking, she charged at him. And the last thing Goodking remembered was a pair of hooves hitting him right in the face.

Author's Note:

How many of you were hoping General Snake would do this?: