• Published 13th Sep 2019
  • 2,239 Views, 107 Comments

My Little Universe II - EquestrianKirin

  • ...
11
 107
 2,239

There Goes a Thought

It's amazing just how much work can be done in a single day, as the Harmony Gems were all starting to get themselves back together from their respected missions from the day prior. Little Homeworld sure had been busy too, in part thanks to some more projects being worked on within the settlement. In this case, after some good clearing up from Bismuth, a brand new building was being put in the works nearby the Little Homeworld town square. It was still in its early stages, hardly much of a foundation being put in place as of yet, but they still got themselves a decent start when it came to laying down the foundation and setting up the support beams. A nearby sign, written in both English for the Humans and Ponies, and the Gem written language of "Gemglyph", revealed exactly what building this was, and what it was all about.

The Gem War Museum. That was the building's decided name and operation was running smoothly. At the moment though it had kinda slowed down, but that was because there was only two Gems working on it for now. Take a wild guess who was put under the extra work for their punishment? ...

"Okay, one ... two ... three!" Fulgurite pulled yet another large beam right out of the pile she was given. This wouldn't be so bad if she had some help, though this time she had to do it by herself, forcing her to just drag it behind her until it was in the position it needed to be. A quick wrapping of her hair, a small cut, and some electricity later and it was welded in place. Even for a Gem, Fulgurite was getting tired of this work.

"Okay, that's twenty beams. Am I good yet?" Fulgurite called to her manager. This case, the manager turned out to be Jasper herself, back in the game with Cutie Mark and all.

"Not even close. I'm expecting fifty of these set up by this afternoon, now keep going," instructed Jasper. If Fulgurite didn't know any better, Jasper might as well still be rejuvenated from her rough behavior with her. Punishments were punishments, and Harmony Gem honor demands she accept that ... even if it meant almost making her bald for how much hair she had to keep using.
As the two were doing that, everybody else was over nearby, catching up with eachother over what they've done while they were gone on their mission.

"So why do they have to do it alone again? I mean, I can give em a hand if they want it. I'm not doing anything else, so ..." Spinel said, just trying to be helpful and make up for things.

"Don't worry about it, they can handle it. They just don't want to," Jasper replied.

"But I thought you were all friends here, ain't ya?" Spinel inquired, a little bit taken aback they would punish eachother like this.

"Of course we are. It's just sometimes friends need to remind eachother that we don't try MAKING A CONTEST OUT OF THEM!"

"I said I was sorry, geesh!" Emerald shouted from not too far away, the green Gem trying his best to balance some extra beams and planks so they wouldn't completely crumble on them. Emerald probably had more to blame than Fulgurite, but as they were partners in their good cop, bad cop game, partners share the blame.
Speaking of partners, Flint and Bismuth were keeping themselves busy too, and they were getting themselves some weapons to put on display for the Gem War Museum, courtesy of the leftover weapons gathered from the Strawberry Battlefield.

"Make room in that building, because we got a full stack right here for all of ya," Bismuth announced, showing them all a pile of weapons easily the size of a small car. The pile itself mostly made up of at least three shields, a pair of daggers, and a impressive looking Axe. Dropping the pile down made Spinel jump back a little bit.

"Don't remember seeing these in the pile. Where'd you get these things?" Spinel asked, holding a spiked shield, which resembled one particular Koopa King.

"I had a few extras laying around at my old forge, so I figured why not show em off a little?" Bismuth replied, liking how amazed Spinel looked while she was holding the shield in question. Surprisingly too, Flint was really enjoying himself as he checked a written list he was holding.

"Oooo, looks like someone's very chipper today," Spinel said.

"Honestly, yeah I am: Garnet and Jasper got their memories back, we're getting new foundations for the Gem War Museum, and all the while nothing bad's happened here while this was going on. I say this is all working out quite well," Flint explained, looking through the list he had created for himself. Many of these involved the tasks given to everyone during their split, most of which were all marked off as finished or complete.

"I just wished it worked well-er though. I did almost mess up things real bad with Yakyakistan," Spinel said, rubbing her arm a bit.

"Eh, don't beat yourself up over it, Spinel. It still came together didn't it, and besides, Ruby tells me you're the one that actually got her remembering everything. So, we couldn't have done it without ya," Bismuth said, fluffing Spinel's hair. It was hard not to be sad with such a motivational Gem like Bismuth to support her, and the pink Gem could only smile.

"Thanks a bunch. You always know just what to say," Spinel said, giving Bismuth a hug. Bismuth laughed and scooped her up into her arms.

"C'mere you," Bismuth chuckled.

"Alright, settle down everyone," said a smiling Garnet.

"Oh come on, you're the two always keeping busy," Bismuth said smirking. Dejavu? Maybe, but heck it was still a joke and Garnet gave Bismuth a good push as Bismuth laughed.

"Room for one more!" Pinkie beamed, not able to contain herself as she hopped right up to join in the fun with Spinel and Bismuth. They could never dodge Pinkie's hugs, not that they minded it.

"Alright everypony, we got plenty of time to celebrate when we get this place built," Applejack said. "How much did y'all say is left before we finally get done?"

Diopside decided to give that answer, having hanged out with the green Gem alongside Jade and Star Quartz throughout much of the day yesterday.

"Well, after Peridot's studies, at the rate we're going it should all be done by ... a month? You know, if we're counting the Gem War Museum over there," Diopside answered, pointing to the building in question, which at this point Emerald and Fulgurite just managed to fix up a secondary floor for the building.

"Well the only thing we're all missing now is Steven's side, then we'll all be back together again," said Rarity, wondering when they'll come back, her eyes looking on to the sky.

"Oh, right, Steven and Lapis hadn't come back from their trip. You don't think they're having more trouble with Pearl, do you?" inquired Jade.

"Nah, Steven said Connie went with em, so if she's still rejuvenated she'll probably keep serving her master head to toe," said Rainbow Dash. She may not know as much about Gems as the other Gems do, but there still was a point there that the servant Gem wouldn't attack them on her own accord.

"Ehh ... you think you can kinda check ahead for him, G? See when he'll come back?" Spinel asked.

"I think I can do that for you. Let me see," Garnet said. Mentioning that Gem/Human hybrid though did start to make Garnet think a little bit. The least she could do was check ahead, see what would come up in their future. She saw a few different visions go by her when she was checking ahead for them, seeing mostly good results as shown by her smiling face. Many of the visions showed her that Steven will come back, no problem. They weren't too worried about it so far.
... Until Garnet suddenly shivered.

"He wouldn't."

"Huh? What? Wouldn't what? Garnet, don't leave me hanging here," Spinel said worriedly. If anything bad were to happen to Steven, she could never forgive herself. Garnet calmed down quickly though.

"He'll come back, none of my visions say he won't come back. I saw one with Steven bringing back Grogar with him."

Silence for the first few seconds, and soon Spinel was laughing.

"NO WAY that'll happen! You must be getting rusty, G, there's no way in the universe he's going to bring Grogar right back here, no way no how," Spinel made perfectly clear, thinking it was just some crazy and weird joke again.

"I highly doubt Steven will be bringing him back to us, Garnet. Not that I doubt you at all, don't get me wrong but, it's too dangerous, even if he apparently ... forgave him for what he did," added Rarity.

"That ram will mess up everything to the ground the second he rears his ugly mug around here," added Pinkie.

"Not if we tear his ugly mug first," Jasper promised, fists at the ready. Grogar was not a ram any of them want to just suddenly waltz into Little Homeworld, and it didn't help they already knew where they were at all times thanks to Sumu.

"Guys, guys! We don't even know if he did that or not, let's just wait and see -"

"AAAAHHHH!"

Diopside was cut short on the spot the moment that scream was heard. Lucky for them it wasn't within Little Homeworld, but it still sounded not too far away from the settlement. The Gems inside Little Homeworld just heard it over what work they were finishing up.

"The Off-Colors. Let's go, Harmony Gems," Garnet said.

"Wait's over," said Applejack.

"Wait for us, we'll be right there," Fulgurite called. Unfortunately for her and Emerald, Jasper turned to them.

"Not you two. You just keep working on the building until we get back!"

"... Fine."

Fate was ready to deal it's trick card.

.......

The Barn was on edge by the time the Harmony Gems arrived there. Not too many people were there aside from the Off-Colors themselves, but rather than keeping inside the barn, everyone was standing outside with the barn doors tightly shut. The Harmony Gems saw Fluorite, Rhodonite, Tiger's Eye, Padparadscha and the Rutile Twins all standing a good twenty feet away from the barn house, alongside a very startled looking White Diamond and Discord. Whatever was going on clearly was inside their home, and none of them wanted anything to do with it.
The Harmony Gems were quick to arrive down towards the group standing outside.

"Off-Colors!" called Garnet, just as the Harmony Gems got close to them.

"Garnet! Oh, you Harmony Gems came so quickly," said a shuttering White Diamond.

"Let's not worry about that right now, what's the problem? We heard that horrifying screaming coming from Little Homeworld," asked Rarity. White Diamond found herself flustering, and it didn't help that loudmouth Tiger's Eye filled them in on what's happening.

"You'd scream like White too if you saw what's in the barn right now," Tiger's Eye said. THAT only made White Diamond more embarrassed.

"That was not me! ... N-Not completely," White said. The Harmony Gems looked over to the snow-covered barn. Not seeing too many signs of anything going into the barn, but seeing a lot of signs of the Gems exiting the barn. Flint went over to investigate himself, taking notes of the tracks as Diopside was looking them more closely with her Gem eye.

"They all are just the Off-Colors, White Diamond, and Discord. Nothing else came out," Flint concluded. That only meant then, that the source of this freakout was still inside the barn. Right behind those doors. They could hear something walking around in there, along with some murmuring voices but there wasn't anything they could go off of.

"Get ready," Garnet simply said. Everyone was armed and ready to either fight em off or run off on them (guess who wanted to do that?). Diopside and Flint moved out of the way to let Garnet pass, but despite her word Spinel did end up coming up right behind the fusion, peeking out from behind her back to see what was in the barn first. Garnet didn't mind her there though, and all the fusion did was smile to her. Any little sister would be scared for their big brother. With her gaze towards the barn, Garnet began reaching for the door.

But just before she could actually open it, the door started to open itself. Garnet was mentally ready, but she kept her weapons put away though, getting a sort of mixed vibe as the door was being slid open. It only got a little bit open before the one responsible stepped out of the barn for them all to see, him being sure the barn door closed up behind him, and strangely quick too.

"Steven!" exclaimed Spinel. What a sight for sore eyes, and Steven looked in good shape to everyone else. Spinel made the first move and immediately reached out, wrapping her arms around him and hugging him with a big smile.

"Good to see you too, Spinel," Steven said, giving Spinel a pat on the head. It's not that they weren't glad to see Steven back, but they still were left perplexed to their second group standing next to them.

"You all freaked out over him?" Bismuth questioned.

"It's not him that scared us," said right Rutile.

"Steven's not the scary one," added right Rutile.

Nice they cleared that up, but that begged the question on what. Garnet still had the future vision and the warning to everyone else, but why would Steven do that of all things?

"Oh! Garnet, you're back together again. I guess Ruby got her memories back now?"

"That right, but let's chat later. We heard someone screaming over here, and we want to know if everything's okay," Garnet explained. Suddenly Steven began to look a little bit unsure, keeping his stance right by the doorframe of the barn.

"Oh, that? Yeah, me and Lapis are working on it in the barn right now, but we're not ready for everybody, so maybe you can wait out here for no particular reason, for ten - fifteen minutes?" Steven asked, as he was trying to get himself back into the barn doors but also making sure that they couldn't see into the barn. Spinel tried checking it out herself, but Steven kept trying not to let her do that despite her stretching herself to try and take a little peek behind him.

"Steven," said Flint.

"Not yet!" Steven summed up. He had to get things ready. Finally getting the strength to push Spinel back, and quickly getting back into the barn before any of them could see just yet. Spinel fell onto her back from the push, but instead of just jumping right in after her big bro, she looked right up towards Garnet instead who ... "looked" a bit troubled. Could it be ...
Only one way to find out.

She opened the barn doors.

"Steven, what is going on in -"

Then they all saw him. The Barn was cleared out from the center in order to keep their new "guest" laying comfortably on a bed of hay, Lapis Lazuli standing not that far away from him as with Steven Universe. He was still unconscious, not reacting to them opening the door, or the sound of faint gasps from any of the Harmony Gems. The very same tyrannical Tambalon king that has been causing them so much trouble and damage, and there he was laying right inside of their barn house.

"STEVEN, LAPIS, GET BACK!" Garnet demanded, almost immediately drawing out her weapons. Spinel freaked out, and caught both Gems and pulled them away from the ram as well.

"How'd he even get in here?!" Flint asked.

"Does it matter? Come on you rocks, let's send him flying off this planet!" Bismuth said, axe hands armed and ready to fight as the others got out their Gem weapons. Lapis and Steven had to act fast, and before any of them could even charge forward to Grogar, the two made basically a suicide move and got in their way.

"Guys stop! We're the ones that brought him here," Steven made perfectly clear, good and loud so they all can hear what he said. As the two Gems probably expected, everyone else, both Pony and Gem alike, were absolutely shocked to hear that coming out of him.

"Hold on a second now, YOU brought Grogar back to the barn?! Steven, what in tarnation are you thinking bringing him here?" Applejack asked in disbelief. Lapis and Steven kept themselves in between the others and Grogar just in case they would try anything anyway.

"We were saving this until later when we're ready, but since you're all here now: Gems? Ponies? ... We're gonna be teaching him. And we're gonna give him someone to love him," Lapis revealed.

"WHAT?! Are you two crazy?!" exclaimed Rhodonite, "Do you two remember who you're talking about?"

"The fusion is right! He's the one that infiltrated Homeworld, he took down the entire Diamond Authority!" White Diamond said.

"Not to mention he kept trying to manipulate you into being a much darker form of yourself with that whole Garnet shattering affair," added Flint.

"And what about when he almost blew up the entire planet with that giant injector?!" Spinel put in. That part was partially her fault, but still. The other two have to pick it back up before things could get out of hand.

"Listen to me! I know none of you like him, but you know, have any of you considered his side of the story? We actually saw what happened to him, and we finally know what to do with him now that does NOT involve destroying everything we have," Steven explained.

"Steven what's the big mystery? He's a crazy, old goat hybrid who's bent on taking over the world - OUR worlds," Rainbow questioned. Steven and Lapis nodded to eachother before continuing.

"WHO lost everything!" shouted Steven, "Look, Grogar may not be a good guy, but that's because he lost pretty much everything when he was just a kid: his home, his family, he grew up with nothing and no one to help him. He didn't even tell us this, we both found that out ourselves!"

"Steven, Lapis, get away from him. He's evil, and dangerous. He's a time bomb," Garnet instructed. But Steven and Lapis didn't move. In fact, they were more appalled that they were denying it so much. They basically summed up Grogar's past for them and they still aren't gonna give him any mind? Grant it they didn't see what they saw, but still that should've caused something.

"I can't believe what I'm hearing, just look at yourselves! And how different is this really? Starlight, Jasper, Spinel, White Diamond, you all were no better than he was before, and we still tried making things right with you, and look how it turned out!" Lapis explained.

"Lapis is right. Besides, we're the Harmony Gems. Shouldn't he be trying to follow our example instead of you following his?" Steven added.
For a minute or two the entire team was quiet, looking over to the ram laying down inside. They all could see that, evil or not, this ram is far weaker than he used to be since both of his horns were now missing. Steven knew exactly what he was talking about, and they found no reason why he would lie about any of this to them. The very idea though sat a bit uneasily though - having them teach someone who was basically a murderer, but ... just how different was that to them befriending White Diamond? Or heck, even Spinel for that matter with her attempt to destroy the planet over revenge on Pink Diamond?

"....... Are you really sure about this?" asked Flint at last.

"We're more than sure. Just give us some time when he wakes up."

"You mean if he wakes up? I'm gonna be blunt here, he looks pretty dead to me," Tiger's Eye pointed out.

"NO he's not dead, he just knocked himself out cold. But anyway, what do you say? Wanna help us out here?" Steven asked.

The first one to speak was Spinel.

"... If you think this is a swell idea, Steven. Then I'm with ya," Spinel decided. Steven helped her out after all and she was essentially working for the guy, so who can say he couldn't help Grogar a little bit?
Little by little, Steven and Lapis were seeing more and more support coming from the Harmony Gems. But as they were getting their help to make Grogar better, they actually had a bit more resistance in others.

"Sorry Steven, but no. I know you believe in the guy, but I'm not trusting him," Jasper made perfectly clear. Normally Steven would try to convince her some more, but seeing how there was quite a lot of them behind her over him, Steven had to understand he wasn't gonna completely get the same support.

"It's okay, we can handle it if you don't want to. Just promise me you all won't try to kill him next time you see him," Steven said.

"As long as he's with you," said Jasper.

Fair enough.

"But can we at least have our barn back?" asked Tiger's Eye. "We kinda like it."

"Better leave him there," advised Garnet. "You can stay at the temple until Grogar leaves."

Steven decided not to ask. At the least he had some help in getting this accomplished. As the others began to go, the team Steven got in the end were Lapis, Spinel, Star Quartz and Padparadscha. Everyone else at least promised not to hurt the ram, so that should count for something. The remaining team looked back to Grogar in the barn.

"... So how long is he gonna be sleeping?" Spinel asked.

... Huh. ...

~~~~~~

Grogar must've really knocked himself out hard back on Mount Aris, because even after the entire day of catching up with everyone else and getting things caught up to speed, Grogar himself was still left unconscious and unmoving inside of the Off-Colors barn. Steven's group occasionally kept watch over him as they were doing their own things, be it working up with Little Homeworld, checking in with Equestria, or just basically hanging out with the rest of the Harmony Gems to let time go by. Many of the Harmony Gems, Gem, Human, and Pony alike were still not convinced that this was exactly a good idea. Grogar was more hostile, murderous, and overall evil than the other villains they've tangoed with before, even including the especially dangerous ones like pre-White Diamond.
As the day continued on, even through the following night, Padparadscha, Star, Lapis, Spinel, and Steven took turns in when to watch over Grogar. This wouldn't be that big a problem, but the tyrannical Ram would probably either run off on them, or would go off to attack the barn. Either flip of the coin, someone will have to be present the moment he does wake up. Just as well, they took some ... safety measures too. At request by basically the entire town.

As Grogar was about to discover.

...

"....... hmmm ....... hmm? ..."

"Okay. I'm ready."

Grogar's consciousness was a bit slow, but after hours since his initial fight on Mount Aris, the king of Tambalon was finally, albeit slowly, starting to come back around. His head felt ironically heavy, and his eyes just weren't seeing straight. The hornless zombie ram had a lot of trouble figuring out where his hooves were, his front hooves shaky while his back hooves needed time to actually wake up. A couple more groans escaped his muzzle, gritting his teeth as he was basically trying to force himself to get up. His fur was covered in straws from the hay bed, which he quickly shook off of him, also in part to wake himself up and figure out where he was.

"I predict Grogar will be waking up!" said a surprised voice.

Grogar (already awake) heard that eerily familiar voice loud and clear, ear flicked up and towards the barn door. His eyesight was still a little blurry, but after a bit more focus, he slowly started to realize just who was with him and where he was. He was no where near Mount Aris OR his army, but in the barn house. And those people outside the barn door waiting for him were NOT apart of his army.

"Steven."

"Good morning, Grogar. Good sleep?" said Steven, feeling a little awkward.

Grogar immediately charged at them, not even wasting any time in his staggering gallop. Steven and company moved back a bit, ready for an attack even though they already got their safety measures all set up. Grogar quickly found that out after rushing out about two feet from the barn door, suddenly ramming into what looked like a forcefield. And no, it didn't come from Steven's shield.

"Grogar watch it, you'll knock yourself out again," Lapis warned. Grogar was thrown onto his back from the forcefield. It wasn't until after that hit did Grogar re-check his surroundings.

"Where am I? ... What is this?" Grogar asked.

"Easy, Grogar, let's just relax. You're at the barn, and ... that's a forcefield. So you wouldn't kill us on the spot before you hear us out," Steven explained. Grogar looked around, bringing his front hoof to the forcefield, feeling its thin yet powerful surface. Without his magic to be worked properly, he was basically stuck.

"Now you're acting smart to try and lock me away. First good idea you've had ever. So, what's your plan for me now eh? Mount me on the wall? Turn me into a skin rug or something?"

"You're very morbid, you know that?" Spinel questioned. Grogar simply looked to her and smiled slyly.

"... You have no idea."

"Grogar cut it out! We're NOT doing that okay? That's just terrible," said Steven, taken aback how quickly this ram was suggesting these ideas to them. Grogar no longer looked impressed.

"I take back my compliment then. Then again, you can't kill what's already dead anyway. So why have me here?" Grogar huffed, turning away.

"This is EXACTLY why you're here," revealed Lapis. Grogar paused and looked back to them as they continued to explain.

"Grogar, clearly you've been living a pretty bad life: you lost everything when you were a kid, and for the longest time no one will help you out. And now, you don't even care about life anymore, or life in general. ... And before you deny it, we saw your past before, and I've got that idea ever since our fight at the injector."

"Yeah? So what're you getting at?" Grogar questioned. Steven took a deep breath, hand to chest inhale and hand extended in exhale.

"What I'm getting at," said Steven, "and what we're all getting at, is that we wanna help you out with that. We're all learning, loving life, and growing together, and YOU can be apart of that."

...

"... Grogar I'm serious."

"I know you're serious," Grogar said. He didn't even sound threatening that time, he was just blunt at this point, if not a tiny bit annoyed. Steven tried killing him, ACTUALLY killed him, thrown him for a loop by letting him go, and suddenly this?

"Come on, just give it a chance. It's not like you have anything better to do," said Spinel, only to be nudged by Lapis so she could watch her tone. Grogar huffed.

"No Lazuli, let the toy talk. She's got more common sense than the rest of you," Grogar remarked.

"They all look like they know what they're doing," said Star Quartz. "Do you guys?"

"No, we know. That's why we're keeping you under lock and key while we're out today," Steven said. Grogar knew he was in a forcefield, but he didn't see what they had on them that could keep him anymore restrained than he was.

That was, until he took a better look at his hooves. He didn't notice it at first, but looking at his legs more closely, he actually began to see what looked like a leg cuff on him. On each of his legs to be exact. They were transparent, and made entirely of water, and when Grogar tried to scrape it off with his other hoof, it only went right through it. Chains and handcuffs unable to even be moved.

"We're just gonna keep those on you until we know you're safe to go. We want to help, but we don't want to get killed, so don't try anything funny, or you'll find out just how we got this far," Lapis warned. Lapis wasn't thinking of anything too malicious in that statement, but Grogar's morbid mind was already envisioning some torture chain tactic if he did try to attack them. With no horn, no actual magic to use, and with his main weapons chained down ... he actually did feel grounded.

"Hey, so, why don't we explore the many things that you can do that don't involve destroying worlds?" suggested Spinel. Grogar was no fool, he knew some of them thought this wasn't such a good idea (Spinel didn't anyway), but as he wasn't a fool ...

"... I'm not doing this because I want to, I'm doing this because I feel sorry for you."

"I'll take that as a "yes". Let's go," said Steven. Grogar was just about to question how they were gonna do that, since the whole forcefield kept him stuck inside, but turned out Star Quartz already got the answer as she literally reached in, held Grogar by the hoof, and pulled him out ... just like that. So Grogar could break out himself, but the others can walk him out when they wanted to.

Best he didn't ask.

"So, Lapis? Steven. ... Where're we goin?" Spinel asked.

"You'll see," Lapis replied. Guess she was taking them to the first stop.

~~~~~~

So their first task in this small walk-about of theirs took them away from the barn house. In fact, they took him away from much of typical civilization, and taking a more scenic nature walk. Given it was winter however, there wasn't much in terms of "life" to speak of back in Beach City's local woods, or anywhere nearby outside of white snow along leafless trees. If they were gonna go into life-mode, they needed something more fitting of the word.
Somewhere warmer perhaps. Somewhere tropical, and full of life. Not easiest to find for winter, but Lapis Lazuli had a place in mind that would be just the ticket they were looking for. All they gotta do was do a good Warp Pad jump to get there.

"Here we are," announced Lapis Lazuli. "The Blue Star Moon."
No better place to go for a winter vacation than a tropical alien planet. This all appeared to be a sort of blue planet, with a LOT of flora mirroring a bluish hue to almost everything. Everything by the Warp Pad looked like it came right out of the jungle, many local trees branching out with their leaves drooping down like a horses mane. There wasn't much of a path along into this alien jungle. Bushes coated the ground with their own blossoming flowers blooming for this planet's version of the spring season. The distant calls of alien creatures echoed all over the place, though not the same sounds as those on the O so distant Jungle Moon. Still just as full of life nonetheless. Sure, the whole planet might not be blue like Lapis Lazuli, but the trees, bushes, even the bits of grass had a slight tint of it in there.
Many of the Gems were excited to be there, looking around to see much of the new life on this planet.

"Wow! What a lovely planet," Padparadscha said at last.

Steven took a deep breath and a good sigh with a smile on his face.

"Look at the trees. Smell the fresh air. ... Getting any life-altering tingling sensations yet?" Steven asked.

"I know I am," Spinel said, taking time to smell one of the flowers, only for it to suddenly come to life and scurry away from her. As for Grogar, the Ram stepped off the Warp Pad and took his time to look around the place.

"... It's just. A forest," Grogar simply said, his hoof freely kicking away some of the leaves near his legs. "Tell me again how THIS is supposed to make me like you more?"

"I understand you don't see the beauty of this, but you will," said Lapis as she gently held a leaf in her hand instead. "I know it sounds unlikely, but there was a time when I couldn't see it either. I never used to notice creatures like this. Before Earth, I used to terraform planets without thinking twice."

"I thought you were Blue Diamond's messenger. You terraform too?" Spinel asked.

Before she could continue, one of the aliens actually decided to come out and see what was happening. The little fella was about the size of a cat, round like a ball with several openings along its body that make it look like a four-legged closed flower. It was a bit skittish at first seeing them there, but not enough to make it bolt away at first. Lapis went over to it, sitting down next to the animal.

"That was before Blue Diamond took me in as her personal messenger. After that, taking time to be in nature and getting creative, especially after being on Earth, I learned to appreciate organic life. It's something so strange, yet so special," Lapis explained. The alien started to back away a little bit from Lapis, but a gentle hand on its head made it calm down, purring like a kitten and settling down onto her lap. As it did, it actually began to open up, the petal-like sides opening and revealing even more of itself as the flower that it is.

"Can I see? Hey, little guy," Steven said. The alien looked to him, but again all it took was a gentle touch for the little fella to start liking Steven too. In fact, it began to walk around on him, up his arm and around his shoulders until he got to cradling the little type. Spinel really wanted to join too, reaching out a hand, but the alien didn't wait this time and happily greeted Spinel too, hopping up onto her head as she chuckled.

"Wow, it took you only five seconds to make a new friend. You're getting rusty," Lapis joked. It was pretty peaceful ...

Until Grogar roared and drove the animal away. He almost bit into the animal to make sure it left em alone, but he ended up biting into dirt instead.

"WHY did you do that?!" exclaimed Steven, angry. Grogar spat out the dirt.

"Two reasons, lad. One: you get absolutely nothing out of befriending a living flower. Second: it should know better than to trust complete strangers out in the wild. ..." he turned to the alien flower, "Especially those from another planet that can eat them alive!"

They didn't know if it understood English, but that warning made the alien flower scurry away back into the bushes and out of sight. To make sure any other lifeforms doesn't try anything with them, Grogar took two ground-shaking stomps forward, and roared good and loud, his voice echoing all over the forest and scaring the daylights out of numerous local animals. Spinel quickly shut him up by wrapping her noodle around around his mouth like a muzzle.

"Let's try something else," suggested Steven.

.......

Leaving the alien planet, they took their approach over towards something more close to home. The great outdoors didn't seem to do anything for Grogar, so this probably could at least put him in a more familiar spot. Rather than an alien world, they were back down in the Pony world, back in Ponyville to be precise. One of the few spots so far that Grogar hadn't tried to show himself yet, so the residence weren't freaking out on seeing him right away.
Wouldn't you know it too: as they were heading on into town, they could already see that a particular Pink Pony was already in celebration, party set up and everything. Jasper seemed to be the main girl in question for this celebration, as she was sitting off nearby as other ponies were joining in on the fun. She even got DJ-PON3's DJing going on too.

"Pinkie Pie!" called Spinel, waving to the pony.

"Spinny! Steven, everybody!" Pinkie beamed from the crowd of dancers. She bounced her way through the crowd in her typical Pinkie fashion, hopping between ponies again and again until she got herself right in front of them. Grogar didn't really faze her though.

"Welcome to the party guys! The "Jasper memory blitz!" party!" Pinkie introduced, taking out a party blower and blowing it good and loud. Grogar growled but he had to keep himself down. He was under lock and key still, and he'll probably get killed if he tried anything else.

"Pinkie, I told you I didn't need a party for this," Jasper remarked, but not minding too much as she walked over to see them.

"Of course I do, and you get yours early! I already celebrated Garnet, and I got one planned for Amethyst, for Pearl, and for Peridot, and even for Hessonite when we get back to her," Pinkie revealed, pulling a list out of her own pink mane to show exactly what she was talking about. It showed Garnet and Jasper crossed off and the other ones mentioned still in the running for a return party.

Jasper and Grogar looked to eachother for a moment.

"... Hey," Jasper simply said. Grogar didn't even have the decency to give her a response. Before the awkwardness could continue, the others quickly began to pick it back up, getting Grogar's attention.

"Any life-changing sensations now? It's not as blue, so maybe all of these colors will make it ... easier?" Spinel said.

"There's only two colors I like: the colors of rock, grass, and red."

Steven spoke up next.

"A-Ahem. Looks like you still have a lot of energy to get out. Maybe, you'd like something more physical, like dance."

"Dance? I'm a tyrant ram, not a circus bear," scoffed Grogar.

"No, you're not a circus bear, but you do have a lot of energy -" Lapis paused and began hearing the music, "... No. Way. This is my favorite song!"

"MINE TOO! Turn up the beat, time to get down!" Spinel beamed.

Spinel and Lapis were the first to go out towards the party for some dancing fun, joined in suit by Pinkie and Steven. They hadn't forgotten their teachings to Grogar, so they kept themselves over just close enough for Grogar to observe and take in. The dancing they were doing was full of energy, though it wasn't anything too specific when it comes to dance moves, the dancers just letting the music take them away and their bodies flowing with the tune. Not too bad, but Grogar was NOT gonna move an inch for their sake.
Star Quartz and Padparadscha even eventually joined in on the dancing, Padparadscha going into the crowd with the rest of her friends as Star just stayed put with her arms swaying.

Grogar looked disgusted. Having a look written on his face that said "the heck are you doing".

"Come and join us, Grogar, you'll feel great," invited Lapis. Grogar really was in no mood to waste his energy in some fancy dance moves, but then he began to realize a little something with this dancing. Lapis Lazuli wasn't paying attention to him.

So ...

*ZAP*

The music suddenly stopped, and everyone at the party immediately saw part of a wrecked speaker right by DJ-PON3. There stood Grogar standing right next to them, his stubs sparking ever so slightly.

"Grogar, stop it! You're killing our tunes!" Pinkie shouted, rushing over to him.

"That'd be the idea. PONY," Grogar warned, getting right in Pinkie Pie's face to make her back away from him. So music wasn't helping him either.

"Steven, he's not joining our dancing," said a worried Padparadscha.

"G-Grogar? Grogar, w-where's your sense of humor? It's a party," said Pinkie.

"Oh no, I haven't lost my sense of HUMOR!" Grogar suddenly bucked back, and gave one of DJ-PON3's speaker a roundhouse kick. Lapis took control of his water chains and cuffs, but the power in his kick was still enough to send the speaker into the air. DJ-PON3 ducked down to avoid getting hit, the large speaker landing onto the ground right next to the party table, collapsing it and crushing one particular party balloon animal.

"Brian! NO!" shouted a pony from the crowd.

This is gonna be harder than they thought.

.......

"So you want us to talk to him now?" asked Starlight.

They had to leave Grogar for a moment to not only handle clean-up duty by the party, but Steven's teaching group had also got themselves a few more teachers, namely Trixie and Starlight. Only Spinel, and Padparadscha fetched the two though as the rest stuck around near Grogar just in case he would try and lash out again.

"That be the plan," said Spinel, "Steven and Lapis thought that leading by example would make it go a little easier, so ... here you are."

"Don't worry, I'll make sure Grogar can turn around. With Starlight's help it'll take a little longer, but it's nothing we can't handle," promised Trixie. Some things never change apparently, but that wasn't the bigger issue here so they decided not to point that out. Not like they had time do that anyway.

"RAH!"

Grogar was rampaging around again. Annoyed a bit by their earlier attempt still, he was letting out some of that anger not on Steven, but on what looked like some leftover crates. Normally this would still be a bad thing, but not only were these crates not being used for anything, but the rest of Steven's team were still watching him, at the ready in case he'd bolt for it. In part of this brawl, he was also getting some flowers off of cottage windows, garbage cans, and other things he could get his hooves near.

"He's still letting off steam?" Spinel asked.

"No, he just got bored. So we got him some wood instead of letting him get the workers," said Steven, not too happy about it but better than the alternative of letting Grogar pummel some ponies. Starlight and Trixie already knew what they were trying to do, and they already got their disbelief out of the way before they even got there so all they have to do now was try and talk to him.

"OKAY, let's see if we can calm him down."

"I uhh ... okay I guess. How do you wanna do this? You can probably blast him with magic, and then my natural charisma will -" Trixie was dragged behind Starlight before she could finish up what her idea was. The two Unicorns needed to get this ball rolling, so they needed a starting point. And that got started when Starlight spoke first.

"Hey, Grogar," Starlight began. Grogar turned to Starlight and Trixie, a large chunk of wood in his mouth before he crunched it up into small splinters. Trixie looked more than ready to run for it just from seeing that, and while Starlight was a bit humbled she kept her composure.

"Well well well, if it isn't my little Unicorn from the first time I came into Canterlot," Grogar correctly said. "I got enough teaching going on without your flanks around here."

"Uh, no we're not, not really. ... So ... not a fan of wood, huh?" Starlight began, pointing out the wood left in Grogar's wake. Grogar spat out some splinters like darts near the ponies' hooves, just enough to make Trixie jump up on top of Starlight's back.

"No, but they're a safety hazard. This, those flowers, and everything else you Ponies have in this town. Enemies could hide in them, or use them as weapons ... I don't even know why they're here," Grogar said, just to grab some flowers and tear them out by the roots.

"Because they're pretty?" Starlight said.

"Being pretty doesn't keep you from getting killed, does it? Steven, why'd you bring these mules again?" Grogar said. Starlight had to role with it, although being called a mule did not suit well for any pony.

"Oh, yeah yeah, we totally get you! But maybe you can express yourself by not destroying them?" Starlight suggested. Grogar wasn't having any of that, and he stomped his hoof down into the remains of the crate, giving them a good snarl. He already knew them, and he fought Starlight once already, why should he listen to her again.

"Okay, okay, so maybe this isn't going to fix everything right away. Maybe it never will, but trust me, it's gonna help you navigate your new way of feeling," said Lapis.

"I don't have a "new way of feeling", what I have right now is a migraine from knowing that the second I break these free you'll probably strangle me to death. ... Oh wait, that's right, you already killed me, so good luck with that!"

"Huh. You do sound a lot like Starlight used to be," suddenly cut in Star Quartz. Grogar was just quiet for a little bit ... okay, a long bit.

"I really doubt that."

"But she's right! Er, maybe. Hey, you probably know who Twilight Sparkle is right? The most well-liked, studious, do-goodiest pony in Equestria?" Trixie asked.

"You're gonna make me hurl - what about her?" Grogar questioned, not interested in where this was even going.

"Oh, of course you'd hate her. I used to. She made me unsure about my place in the world, which led me to act out against her: even using an evil Alicorn amulet and trying to enslave her whole town. ... Er, which, by the way, that amulet's shattered now, so not gonna be able to use it ever again," Trixie explained. Good save, otherwise Grogar would've bolted off to find it again.

"And," added Starlight, "I used to be a dictator who ran a village with an iron hoof, taking away their cutie marks, making sure everypony's "equal" and all that. So, not too far off from what you do in Tambalon."

"Huh ... small world," Grogar admitted. That was the first time Grogar actually agreed with someone outside of his own army, so for the group that was a sure-fire plus. However ...

"Yeah, we know where you're coming from. But now, Trixie has come to terms with being second-best, and I no longer control ponies against their will. And our lives are so much better for it," concluded Starlight.

All of a sudden, Grogar looked disappointed.

"Wow, so you both gave up on life for one fancy critic. Stay away from me, or I'll do to you what I did to these crates!" Grogar warned again, shoving both Ponies away from him so they both could back off.

Another moment dashed.

.......

This sort of pattern kept going throughout the day. As much as Steven and his group tried to show Grogar a better life, or at the least open his eyes to one, Grogar's own view of life kept forcing it's way through them, basically not getting anywhere better with the old goat. They went all over both Ponyville, Little Homeworld, even a little bit through Beach City, letting the Harmony Gems work out some of their own kind of work time into helping Grogar out. Too bad many of them weren't working:
One such example was when they tried bringing him out to express his feelings through "song", joining their local rock band (Jamie and the Cool Kids) in catching them at one of their concerts in town. All that did was give Grogar a headache.
Another point they tried to actually channel his strength in a few of the sparring matches set up by the quartzes. A risky one, but more controlled since the ram was far weaker than originally. Let's just say they had to reel him in when he got too carried away with the fighting, only frustrating Grogar even more.
Other examples like this kept happening, but they still had a few shots left ...

And their next one was more crafty. Literally. And involved most of the Harmony Gems this time.

"WHY can't you idiots accept the fact that this will not work? Cruel and unusual punishments aren't your cup of tea," Grogar questioned as he was being dragged along to the next stop.

"For the last time, this is not a punishment, this is life lessons! Lessons that tell you how great life is," repeated Spinel for the tenth time already. Grogar snorted.

"That shows what you all know. STOP treating me like I'm the idiot here: I know how friendship works, and I know that apparently life's easier with it."

"But you don't appreciate it, and that's what we're trying to help you understand," reminded Steven. Grogar was starting to reach his limit with all this preaching, his teeth grinding in his jaws.

"We're here," announced Star.

And where did they end up this time? ... nearby the barn again. This time though the barn had a lot more activity going on than it had before, thanks to the Harmony Gems involved in the area. They did a LOT of work on the place, so they decided to take it a bit easy (sorta) and do some craftsmanship. It was a fun contest since they wanted to have some fun today, different Gems and Ponies doing different things for their sculptures. Even Peridot got in on the act, taking a few of the materials and trying to make something out of it in research. In fact, there was actually quite a crowd there that Grogar noticed.

"Okay, now Grogar, if we can just not be aggressive when saying hello, that would be great," Steven said.

... Grogar just roared, scaring daylights out of some of the Harmony Gems. Lapis tightened her cuffs on him again.

"Can't you just humor me?" Steven asked.

"No," Grogar replied. All day with this.
After announcing his presence, the group began heading over towards the rest of the Harmony Gems. They could already tell that some of them were either wary or on guard with him, just in case things go south which a LOT of them were almost betting on by the look on the ram's face.

"You brought him here, Steven?" Bismuth asked.

"Bismuth, please just help us out with this. I think he's finally coming around ... a little," Steven said hopefully.

"You never give up, do you?" Bismuth chuckled. That was one trait she liked about Steven: if there was something on his mind this big, he was stuck with it no matter what the case may be.

"Is that Peridot?" asked Spinel, pointing to the green Gem.

"Oh yeah, she saw we were doing this, and wanted to try it. She keeps saying it's for "research", but I think she just wants to play along," Bismuth concluded.

"I can hear you, and I guarantee you this activity's strictly research-focused. Now don't interrupt me when I'm this close to completing this," Peridot made perfectly clear. But they just needed to see one look at her eyes to tell them she was having fun with building things.

"So what "life lesson" is attached to this?" Grogar questioned.

"It's just another way to express yourself: through art. Art can speak so much about how you're feeling, how you're reacting. Here, watch this."
Lapis Lazuli went on and began to join in on this art creation. There were a lot to be shown, and all of them took a bit to create but Lapis's sculptures always seem to be made a lot quicker. With what little water there was on the ground, Lapis Lazuli presented her own sculpture using the snow to create a new kind of shape. The shape itself was as white as the snow, though the exact shape was a little bit questionable to any casual viewer: a sharpened sword-like tip with a rounded ring along the blade attached to what looked like a board and maybe a broomstick skewered in between.

"So you're free to shape the entire world however you like ... and you choose to make junk," Grogar concluded.

"This is far from junk, this is "Meep Morp". Subjective, and debatable, but Meep Morp nonetheless," explained Steven. It was a new term they were trying out for some of the creation stuff (partially because Gems don't seem to like to use the word art that much).

"... So junk."

"I-It doesn't have to be exactly this, it can be anything you want," Lapis said. She manipulated the snow again shortly after this, but instead of some random statue she got it into a more casual shape, and more recognizable shape. Despite it being winter, she made a summer lounge chair nearby. Spinel took the chance to get onto it, sitting down easy as Lapis also gave her snow "sunglasses", and even a small snow table with a snow cocktail drink, her happy to drink some of it ... just to suddenly look a little blue, spitting out the snow.

"So life-like, I forgot," Spinel simply said. Grogar rolled his eyes on this display, and he ended up swatting the bottom of Lapis's sculpture, turning that into a pile of snow. He tried keeping it a little tame to play along with them, but this was his breaking point.

"Yeah you forgot. Since when did you all stop being fighters?" Grogar demanded.

"We didn't stop fighting, we just wanna be friends," insisted Star Quartz.

"And the price for that is treason! Did you all forget who you're talking to?" accused Grogar.

"I think so: you're a crazy, old goat hybrid who's bent on taking over the world. ... Did I say that right, Rainbow Dash?"

"Why'd you say that?!" the others thought.

Then ...

"Oh yeah? I'm also THE KING! And I demand to be treated as such!"
Then came the roar. This one was especially forceful, but it was the lightning that scattered from his horns that did the most damage. Lightning shot every which way, bouncing off the ground and almost hitting many of the Harmony Gems off nearby. Many of them were quick to try and dodge them, but there was one Gem who couldn't move fast enough and she got caught in the lightning blast! It wasn't enough to poof her, but Peridot got a nasty electrocution, making her limb enhancers start to fizzle and spark slightly by the time she was done.

"Mom!" gasped Star, rushing to her aid. But the most lethal damage came when the lighting bolt struck one of the heavier sculptures. It was only two stray bolt of lightning, but it was just enough to make this towering sculpture start to sway off balance. It started to fall ...

*CRASH*

Right on top of Grogar!

"Grogar!" gasped Steven. He tried to get over towards him, but before he could get closer Garnet held him by the shoulder.

"Steven don't go near him," Garnet warned.

"Garnet stop, he's stuck under -"

Scratch that: just moments before Steven could finish his sentence, Grogar started to move again. One rear back on his hind legs swung off the rubble.

"THAT'S! IT! I'VE HAD ENOUGH!"

Grogar snapped. If that holler didn't make Steven stop, the earth-cracking stomp on the ground sure did. The ground shook up, enough to make the so-called "art" crumble up and fall to the floor. After another roar, the time bomb had exploded and Grogar charged forward directly towards the entire group, electricity sparking and flying all over the place as he ran with his head down and stubs aimed. Everyone quickly got out of Grogar's way, one ram being enough to turn the entire statue into nothing but complete rubble.

"Whoa whoa, Grogar, take it easy -"

"NO, I will NOT take it easy! I'm fed up with this manipulation game of yours Steven, and I've had it beyond the clouds with you!" Grogar roared, charging at him again, only for Steven to jump out of the way before Grogar rammed into something else, turning that project into complete scrap.

"I'm not manipulating you, I'm just trying to help you!"

"OH FOR WHAT?! Because my past was apparently THAT horrible to you? You said you'd stop trying to change me, you brat!" Grogar roared, jumping at him instead of charging at him, which again resulted in him missing.

"Well I was wrong! I shouldn't stop trying to help you just because you won't let me, the least I could do is point you in the right direction! Help you be happy again!" Steven insisted.

"Point me in your direction you mean. You wanna help me, THEN STAND STILL!" Grogar ordered. He tried once more, but this time his lunge was stopped when a giant fist punched him aside, sending him spiraling into the air before he landed on his hooves, just to find Spinel standing in Grogar's way, teeth gritted and fists clenched.

"Get your dirty hooves away from him!" Spinel snapped.

"Spinel, don't," Steven said, but Grogar already was trying to get them again, only this time the others surrounded him, the Ram getting knocked back by Garnet.

"That's enough, Grogar!" Garnet stated. Grogar tried to zap them again, but that only ended up zapping himself again. Defeating any Gem wasn't so easy anymore. Everyone else was ready to go in at him, but Steven wasn't about to let that happen.

"Stop!"

"Get out of the way, Steven!" Rainbow Dash shouted, but Steven stayed put, standing to protect Grogar from everyone else, much to the confusion of the Ram again.

"No I won't! We all agreed we wouldn't fight, that means him too! Let's try again -"

*CRUNCH*
Right in Steven's shoulder. Grogar's teeth sank in deep, clamping down hard. Everyone froze, the sound of crushing echoing in the air, before Grogar went all out. He swung Steven into the air, and slammed him hard into the ground. Over, and over, and over again.

"STEVEN!" gasped the others. Some of them did try to reach him, but Grogar ended up releasing him after one more slam into the ground, so hard and rough Steven launched up two feet before crashing down right in front of everyone else. The only damage on Grogar was a sore neck from his own thrashing, and maybe a little dizzy, but he was too angry to care about that.

"Steven, you okay?! Say something, bro," Spinel said, trying to get Steven to come around. Steven was shaken up, his shoulder stinging and his arm somewhat numb actually, as if something did actually break, not to mention the bruises on his face, but he was still conscious enough to nod to Spinel. Everyone else made sure Grogar stayed back away from him.

"I know you're doing this "for me" Steven Diamond Quartz Universe, but dang it I didn't ask for your help!" Grogar bellowed.

"What's your problem? Give him a break will ya!" said Fulgurite.

"The only break I'm gonna give him is right in the neck, AND YOURS if you don't get out of my way," Grogar warned, hooves digging into the ground like a bull ready to charge. Bismuth was the first to bring out her weapons, everyone else following suit. Except for Steven that is, who even after that beating slowly got to his feet.

"And as for you, stop trying to fix me. I don't WANT your help! I don't need your help!"

"No. No, I won't stop trying to help. It's too obvious, you need help! Why is it so bad that I want to make things better for you?" Steven asked.

"BECAUSE IT'S WRONG!"

"...…. Wrong?" Star asked, confused.

"Yeah, you heard me. The way this is supposed to work is that I'm the bad guy trying to destroy what you stand for, and you are supposed to try and stop me. NOT sit me down and give me a lecture!" Grogar jumped forward at them, getting Steven and pinning him down on the ground, his hoof on his chest and pushing down hard.

"You've never beaten me, and you know it! Stevonnie, Sunstonnie, That hybrid Fusion at Mount Aris - THEY were the ones that got the credit, NOT YOU! You've never beaten me on your own, and I'm never going to listen to you! NEVER! How many times do I have to tear you apart until you'll get that through your head?!"

"But you - I-I just -"

"QUIET!" Grogar roared, pushing Steven deeper down as Steven tried getting himself up. The others tried to get Grogar off of him, but the Ram was NOT moving. He didn't fight them off, but stood strong like a mountain.

"You can't manipulate me, Steven. Once upon a time I thought you got everything figured out, that you were strong enough to fight me and take command. But looks like I'm wrong: you're nothing but a gutless flip-flopper who can't make up his mind! You can't do ANYTHING on your own! Toughen up, or this world will crush you."
He lifted his hoof off of Steven, only to grab him by the collar in his jaws, and started spinning around. As this also tossed the others off of his back, Grogar didn't release the human until after gaining enough speed, throwing Steven into the sky. Steven just managed to right himself before Grogar launched himself high into the air, meeting Steven about half way. His hoof was ready to finish him right there and then -

BAM! Right in Grogar's face came a fist from Garnet, sending the Ram plummeting down to Earth as Steven was caught up there.

"Sorry about that," Garnet said, though they weren't sure if it was to Steven or to Grogar. The hornless Ram shook his head from the blunt force, it pounding from such a hit. He spat out some rocks and snow from his muzzle before looking to the others again. Instead Grogar just snorted, turning away from them.

"What'd I say? Never beaten me on your own," Grogar simply said. Rather than go in and attack again, Grogar saw himself out and started walking away from all of them. He knew he couldn't just leave the area completely thanks to the cuffs and all, so he just went off towards the Barn instead. Where else could he go? None of them tried going off after him, more focused on Steven than on the Ram. Steven was placed down, the boy still able to at least stand yet he was holding his shoulder from Grogar's bite.

"Now you still okay, Steven?" asked Fulgurite. Steven didn't answer right away, though he did feel a bit uneasy with himself.

"I … I don't even know anymore. Guys? Am I doing the right thing?" Steven asked the others. Garnet gently placed her hand on his good shoulder.

"You're doing just fine, Steven. Grogar's just being foolish," Garnet reassured him. Steven sighed, but one Gem was questioning that choice as she watched Grogar walking away.

"... I don't think so," admitted Star, "He looked very brave to be wanting to fight everyone like that. Even if he's weaker than he used to be. Isn't he?"

That didn't seem to sit very well for some of them, but Garnet made sure to explain it to her (and extension to Steven).

"Listen, Star, just because you're angry doesn't mean it makes you brave. In fact, it just shows how scared you are. Because only a coward gets mad at everyone because he can't accept the fact he might be wrong," Garnet explained. Star paused and looked back again, but now Grogar had disappeared from sight, back inside of the barn and away from the Harmony Gems.

"Or he just doesn't know any better," remarked a slightly ticked off Spinel.

"... That too," said Garnet, "Come on, let's get you patched up Steven. I think there's a fountain calling your name."

"Yeah. ... Okay. …" Steven said.

It was worth a try, anyway.

~~~~~~

...

"You feeling okay now, Steven?"

It took a few hours, nightfall starting to come around again, but Steven was back in his own Beach House again, albeit with a few rather extensive bandages, especially on his shoulder where Grogar sank his teeth in. He got a few more bandages wrapped around him, even though he got much of them healed by Rose's Fountain waters. At least this time the bandages were just to help him, not conceal any secrets like last time.

"Yeah. ... You know something Spinel?"

"What?"

"... Getting tossed around like a ragdoll by Grogar hurts almost exactly as much as I thought it might," Steven concluded. Making light of the situation, obviously. Spinel, in spite of her worry over Steven couldn't help but chuckle slightly.

"Okay, so not gonna recommend it then. ..." Spinel said. Spinel sat casually over by Steven's bed, as little sisters tend to do when worried about their older siblings.

"... It's getting late, Spinel. You want to go to sleep?"

"Of course not Steven, you almost got squashed," Spinel said, her tone more matter of fact. Steven couldn't blame her for that though. Steven laid down in bed, still sore but somehow not feeling as painful as he should feel. He swore something broke in his arm, it felt hard enough and his powers weren't even active. He looked to his arm especially, the part of his body that took the most direct damage.
His mind started to shift away from his own injuries though when he saw Spinel again. After all, he can easily heal completely thanks to the waters of the Rose Fountain in the morning.

"You guys didn't beat up Grogar again."

"Actually no. No we didn't, we just left him at the barn. ... I don't think he's going to go anywhere," Spinel said. Steven could only sigh in relief. Even with the fight and they were still keeping their word for him. He laid down, and he was just about to go to bed, when both he and Spinel started to hear a commotion in the form of Steven's phone. Spinel didn't move from her spot, but she did stretch her arm downstairs to fetch the phone for him, tossing it over to her friend before Steven answered it through facetime.

"Steven!"

"Connie, hi. You're calling pretty late huh? And yes, I am hurt, but I'll be cured tomorrow," Steven said, getting the obvious bandages out of the way before it could get brought up.

"Really? Oh, thank goodness. Everyone else told me what happened to you today, I kept trying to call you but you weren't answering! It got me kinda freaking out over here," Connie explained.

"You're telling me," remarked Spinel, laying down over by Steven so she could see her too.

"Sorry about that. Is everything okay in your corner of the world?" Steven asked. Connie felt a little uneasy with her answer too, but she knew she had to mention something.

"Right, about that. Listen, I know you don't want to hear this, but we might have another problem."

"Oh no, did Grogar do something?!" gasped Spinel, a hand pulling on her pigtail.

"No, no! ... Well, maybe? It's Twilight Sparkle. Have you heard anything from her since we got back?" Connie asked. Steven and Spinel didn't like where this was going.

"Nnnnoooo?" said Steven.

"Oh geez. Twilight just dropped off a message, and it said she "lost her voice" thanks to that Plunder Vine that kept following you guys around. Sumu, I think her name is? But anyway, Twilight can't talk, and she wants to see if Gem Magic might fix her. Since she got it from our world."

"Wait wait wait ... how can she tell you this if she can't speak?" Spinel asked, legitimately confused.

"... Through ... writing?" Connie answered.

Well that was a stupid question.

"Oh ... okay."

"But the Plunder Vines are an Equestrian thing aren't they? Didn't Twilight find anything in her world?"

...

She's trying to do that, but it's not looking good. She already tried her local physicians in her world, in Ponyville AND in Canterlot, but they keep saying they can't find anything out.

Cut to back in Equestria, late at night in a local doctor's office with a unicorn doctor checking her throat out with a tongue depressor. Twilight couldn't utter much of a word given to her, but the dry wheezing was more than clear as the doctor gave her throat a good check. You'd think being sprayed by the Plunder Vines would've left something in her throat to be seen by these professionals, but after some more looking and checking, the doctor looked to the princess and simply shook his head.
Yet another doctor unable to find out much of anything for her.

...

"Not to mention," continued Connie, "The Plunder Vines don't apparently have any records anywhere. And she checked the Canterlot Library's restricted section at least twenty times. I'm betting she did twenty five times though."

"I'll talk to you tomorrow morning Connie, we'll all meet up and try to figure this out," Steven said. Connie smiled.

"Okay. Goodnight Steven. Goodnight Spinel."

"Night, Connie," both Gems said, as Steven hung up the phone. Steven was more concerned for Twilight but Spinel already was worked up.

"Steven, of course this is Grogar's fault! This's got Grogar's nasty hoofprints all over it," Spinel said.

"Maybe, well most likely, but let's not jump to conclusions yet. Maybe Grogar doesn't even know himself. He only found Sumu, he didn't create her or anything," Steven reminded. Spinel didn't want to trust Grogar in not knowing anything about Sumu, but DANG IT she can't disagree with Steven.

"Can't we punish him anyway? He did almost kill you, AND kept making fun of you ... again ..."

"Well he didn't and that's the important part," Steven said. "But, it is kinda our fault for making him try and learn all this stuff, so he probably just needs more time to himself."

"Alright. We'll try it your way. ... Sweet dreams, bro," Spinel said, sitting down comfortably nearby in the kitchen again. Steven settled down in bed, looking one more time to Spinel. There wasn't anyway he could tell her to stop watching over him throughout the night.

"Goodnight. Sis," Steven said. Spinel felt all warm inside when he called her that. As Steven laid there though, he didn't really fall asleep right away. His mind had too many thoughts in it to drift off to the Dreamscape again.

"Peridot doesn't have her memories. Pearl doesn't have her memories. Amethyst ... kinda does. Why is it so hard to get our "Happily Ever After" back? ..."

Heh. What'd I say? Never beaten me on your own.

Whatever he was going to do, he'd better work it out soon.

.......

Another night, and Grogar was still fuming. Sure it felt great to FINALLY tell Steven off and put him in his place again, but that still didn't mean he was exactly free yet. It didn't get him out of their prisonhold, it didn't get the forcefield down, and worst of all it didn't make them all back off. On the bright side, he was finally left alone. No White Diamond or Discord to bug him, no Lapis or Steven to shove "life lessons" down his throat, not even crickets to chirp the night away. It was just him and the walls of the magically-enhanced barn that kept him down and the collar that tracked him thanks to Peridot. He still wasn't happy, but still it was something.
With the night to himself, all he really could do was start pacing around a bit, waiting for something to happen that could help him get out of this mess. Ramming the field wasn't gonna do anything (he never got the headache away over that), the collar wasn't gonna work either since it'll detonate if he tried anything funny with it.

"I hate life," he groaned. "First he's scared of me, then he tries killing me, now he tries teaching me? What game is he trying to pull on me?"
The ram felt his hooves dig at the ground as he tried to think of some sort of answer, but as with before he came up empty. He thought he had it before with the Red Diamond revelation, but this curveball simply made it like he never solved anything. All he had were his own thoughts. … At first.

*crack* *GRRR*

"Easy, it's just me," said Jasper. "Steven got worried about you, so he told me to give you this."

And almost like a dog, Jasper gave Grogar a bowl of water. Knowing where this water came from though, all Grogar did was shove the bowl back outside.

"Tell him I don't need anything from him," Grogar stated.

"Fine, die of thirst, that'll really help you," Jasper remarked. Grogar groaned, and just ignored the orange Quartz. Why should he take anything from his enemies anyway? … But that didn't mean the water didn't entice him somewhat. It was cold, and he didn't have a drink all day. Jasper was about to take the water bowl out of the field, but then the Gem found Grogar taking the bowl for himself anyway. Least it was on his terms.

"Thanks," Grogar huffed, keeping his gaze away.

"You know, you have a way of saying "thanks" that makes it sound like "drop dead"," Jasper remarked.

"Glad you're taking the hint," Grogar said, as he laid down and helped himself to the water. With such a remark he was expecting her to just walk away and leave him, but with everything that happened today Jasper had more on her mind. And she sat down over by the magic field.

"Not again - what do you want now? Come to say your sorry?" Grogar asked. Unlike the others before him, Jasper had a rather different answer than that, already knowing what that'll do anyway.

"What do I have to be sorry about? Keeping you here in the barn was Steven's idea, not mine," Jasper remarked, as she took a seat over by the field. Jasper even had a metallizer in her hand, casually sipping away. Grogar would jump her if he could, but instead he just kept his gaze away from her.

"Then why're you wasting your time? Aside for following some pathetic worm who can't do anything he's told," Grogar inquired. Jasper stopped drinking briefly.

"I came to admire what that "pathetic worm" has done to you," Jasper said. Grogar had to draw the line at that, getting up on his hooves before whacking the water bowl out of reach. No, it didn't startle Jasper at all.

"What he's done - he can't do a thing to me!" Grogar snapped.

"He can't? And yet here you are: nothing but a wreck with not a horn to speak of," Jasper said. Grogar snarled, and despite knowing the field was there he did try to break through it to keep Jasper quiet, but his hooves couldn't break through it, much to his dismay.

"Watch your tongue, I'm in no mood for anymore of your games," Grogar warned in a low rumble.

"Have you EVER been in the mood?" Jasper questioned. Grogar didn't give her any satisfaction for an answer there, but instead he just started going over back towards the barn doors. At least, for a bit before he tried to turn the game around on the Orange Quartz.

"Why don't you be a quartz and go pummel some boulders around? Then you'll be doing what you're made to do," Grogar remarked.

"We're more than just muscle, you know. … Besides, there's no more boulders. Rupee already crushed most of them in our contest yesterday," Jasper said.

"Oh are you? From what I've heard, Jaspers on this planet were made only to be soldiers. Mindless, stupid, and a little more than murderous. Just like the rest of your toolbox. By the way, they're missing their forklift, so why don't you hobble back into your shed?"

That sounded pretty good to send any quartz off, but Jasper seemed to roll with it.

"You're making this WAY too obvious," Jasper remarked, confusing the ram again, "You're just saying all of that to get rid of me. I've heard you talking to everyone else the exact same way all day, and everyone gave you what you wanted and left you alone. … Not exactly your thing."

"Don't you tell me what my THING is! How the hay did a lump of rock like you figure that out anyway? Jaspers are NOT smart," Grogar questioned, not having any fun anymore. Jasper was NOT the smart one of the group, she was the strong powerhouse.

"You're right. I'm NOT smart like some of my egghead friends. And if it takes a lump of rock like me to figure you out …"
She didn't need to finish her sentence for Grogar to start growling again, though this time he just shoved his face into the dirt.

"Don't you start psycho-analyzing me too. I've had more than my fill already," Grogar huffed.

"Yeah. Again, not your thing," Jasper said.

"And what is my thing, dare I ask?" Grogar remarked.

"Beats me. but I do know it's not just standing there and letting Steven talk you down like that. I know you and him had some sort of "history" these couple of months, but he must've messed you up REAL bad for you to just stay speechless like that."

That just got Grogar to ram the forcefield again, only to get knocked back by both his electric magic (or lack there of) and the forcefield itself. "If you don't know what you're talking about, then maybe you shouldn't talk at all!"
For a moment Jasper's didn't talk. She was thinking a little bit about what to do here, but Grogar really took it as she truly didn't know what she was talking about. Grogar calmed down, getting back up onto his hooves.

"That's what I thought. You know, I'm starting to see why a doll like you isn't back in the army."

"Hey, I chose to leave my army, ok?" Jasper insisted.

"Well congrats on that, Warrior Princess. … So did I," Grogar said. This actually caught Jasper by surprise. He loved war, and he left his army behind?

"... Really?"

"Yes. Why?" Grogar spat.

"Nothing. I'm a War Gem too, and I know how hard that is. Walking away from everything you know," Jasper stated. Grogar didn't even bother correcting her on it, even if he still technically did so. He just groaned good and loud. He turned to just walk back into the barn, actually making it to the door just before Jasper spoke up again.

"Grogar. Look at me."

"Maybe you didn't hear me, doll, but if you don't - … what? …"

Suddenly he wasn't seeing Jasper anymore but … Steven? Well, Steven with a Gem for a nose that is.

"I feel SO SORRY for you," Jasper said, trying to sound like Steven, "so much that I forgive you, even after everything you did to me because I'm such an ANGEL that I don't even know how to hate someone! All I ever want is to make everybody happy and we all can live happily ever after!"

"KNOCK IT OFF!" Grogar snapped … though he'd been trying not to laugh himself. Jasper though ended up laughing herself seeing Grogar act so out-of-character here.

"Look at you all riled up," Jasper chuckled, "And you're the one that kept calling Steven "out of character". He must've really got under your skin."

Grogar's hooves scratched the forcefield.

"What is with you lot?! I thought you liked the brat, why're you mocking him?" Grogar demanded. Jasper calmed down from her chuckling after a bit, sitting up and looking to the ram.

"I still like him, but that doesn't mean I can't have a little fun," Jasper said. Grogar shook his head, trying not to look so perplexed about this random act of "Steven charade". It was too late in the day anyway.

"Great, what, are we gonna start painting our nails now?! … I'm going back to sleep," Grogar said, but not before giving a strong warning kick to the forcefield, leaving a very strong crack in it to remind them that he was no weakling.

"Funny, real funny. For real though. I've been seeing you all day and … we both got a lot in common," Jasper said. Grogar stopped again, barring his teeth at that kind of response. A KING? Compared to a ROCK?!

"THIS again? ... Enlighten me," Grogar growled.

"The others are better at that than me but alright. Let's see … we're both fighters, we came from war, we're both strong. And once upon a time, I acted a lot like ya. Actually you're acting the exact same way I did before I got here," Jasper said, thinking further back. It'd been a long time since she actually had to think that far back in her life, when she was a War veteran praised for her battling over her being, well just her. Still though, Grogar didn't seem to really care much about it, still triggered by pretty much being called a rock.

"But hey. You know what's different between you and me?"

"I still wouldn't look like a fat runt?" Grogar asked. Jasper paused and looked at herself. Rolling her eyes, she changed back into her perfect quartz appearance.

"No. I can't tell if you're telling the truth, but if it is then I can say this: we both may have walked out of army life, but I didn't trade one army for another. I got something more," Jasper explained. Grogar knew she was probably gonna say it anyway, so he didn't really bother to make her stop. Actually, he pushed her along.

"Oh yeah? What's that?"

"... Friends. Family. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true."

Clever move on Jasper's part, Grogar was just about to say that. The response still made Grogar laugh though, finally finding some material to work with.

"If you're gonna sit there and ask me to "be apart of your family" then you're wasting your time. The answer is "go die in a ditch"," Grogar warned. Jasper actually looked disgusted almost with that idea.

"What? Believe me, I wasn't gonna ask that, but thanks for clearing that up for me. I bet Steven was gonna ask that later on anyway," Jasper remarked. She was NOT willing to have Grogar as apart of the Harmony Gems anyway, especially after how much he pulled back on Homeworld. As for the Ram, he just sat there and thought about how that would go. The Harmony Gems, Steven extending a hand to him ...

"...…. Why would he do something so stupid?" Grogar questioned after some thought.

"I dunno. Why do you think it's so stupid?" Jasper questioned. When she turned back though she suddenly got to her feet, seeing that the Ram was pacing like a caged carnivore, his stubs cracking and sparking.

"I'm trying to kill you all, remember? Your group is the only thing standing in my way from complete domination over not just here, but Equestria as well. The ONLY CHANCE any of you have is to destroy me! Yet you think that keeping me in this box is a good idea?" The yelling at the end was accompanied by a huge barrage of sparks, though these were stinging Grogar more than anything else, making him stop.

"Give me one good reason why I should take that? … What part of that makes any sense to you?" Grogar finally asked. Jasper simply raised an eyebrow, and at first she was questioning it herself. If this Ram was anything like she used to be than no way was he going to surrender so quickly, if ever. It took what felt like forever before Jasper relaxed, and took a moment to scratch her head.

"I have no idea. If it were up to me, you wouldn't even be here right now. But Steven and company still wanna keep you around for whatever reason, so I'm not going to. You're welcome," Jasper admitted. Grogar laid down by the borders of the field, head hitting the forcefield wall.

"You're all crazy, that's what you are. Letting a serial killer live out of pity, and then try to reeducate him. … It's humiliating. What a joke."

"Call it whatever you want. Just don't try destroying the world tonight okay?" Jasper advised. One good bit of news though was that Jasper was actually starting to leave … well, for a moment. Grogar didn't answer. Jasper simply walked off on her way back to the others, and all Grogar could do was just walk on back into the barn and wait until morning.

That ram was not going anywhere anytime soon.

Author's Note:

So this is the plan Steven had in mind huh? Too bad Grogar's not gonna be giving him much mind about it, as few could probably guess. Tell you all the truth, this chapter and the previous one were planned ahead in advance, which is why they came out quicker than other chapters before it ... but now it might be slower again so yeah, be patient with me. There's a lot coming along, i promise you all that much.

Gotta give Steven credit for trying though ^^