• Published 8th Feb 2019
  • 2,970 Views, 46 Comments

Ruler of Time & Space! Zi-O - Kamen rider yokai



well receiving a ride watch in a convention is normal enough but now i have to deal with Zi-o's story in a vastly different world! i blame Woz for this.

  • ...
7
 46
 2,970

Time 2 Rider time 2018 part 2

“Congratulations! According to this book, today is a very special day for you... But you should be wary of the red robot.” said who I knew was Woz but he didn’t seem to know I already have a ziku driver, in fact, I doubted this was the version that brought me here.

Hearing wind chimes I looked to them knowing in the split second I looked away Woz had vanished. But I got worried. Why was Zi-o’s story happening after a whole year and not when I am sure it is 2018? I never saw a calendar so I never really checked the date but I was pretty sure we as in Sunset and I have already been here a whole year. Finding a current calendar was going to have to wait because geiz was going to come after me just as sunset who had been held back at school had just caught up to me.

“James what’s wrong you look spooked” asked sunset.

“I just met the local version of the guy that put me here and he gave a warning so you better stick close to me,” I told her when I just spotted geiz’ time mazine.

After a rather quick chase as I avoided the damn thing tsukiyomi came to our rescue but I Immediately saw she was the local version. She looked like a tanned version of herself from the show and had yellow streaks similar to Sunset in her hair. She was wearing the same outfit from episode one of zi-o and I didn’t hesitate to drag sunset with me into the time mazine as we few into the time tunnel heading to the Jurrasic era.

“What in the world is going on!” sunset demand as she looked around the surprisingly roomy cockpit.

“Long story short time travelers and trying to prevent a bad future. Basically, I’m supposed to become some demon king who rules the world with an iron fist but Tsukuyomi here is determined to make sure I don’t end up like that while her best friend, on the other hand, wants to kill me hoping that will really change the future when there could be another way. He has such a black and white view he is not really thinking things through only reason I know was that this whole situation was a fictional show back in my world and frankly I know how to prevent me becoming that demon king but I’m going to need proof it is actually happening by meeting my future self fifty years from now to confirm. It’s very complicated” I told her as I tried to keep my balance while tsukiyomi snapped her head to my direction shocked at what she just heard.

“You knew!” she asked wide-eyed.

“I’m not the local version of me from this universe and is from a world where Kamen riders was a live action series! I have seen the season I got forced into the role of! Of course, I know” I told her deadpan.

“Well great so my boyfriend is getting targeted for being a demon king fifty years from now and only one of the resistance I am guessing is on your side to prevent it peacefully,” Sunset said obviously annoyed.

“Well, I’m not the one who brought a magical artifact from their home dimension here I could sense the power of that crown at school today and did it ever occur to you the owner will chase you here to retrieve their property?” I told her frowning as I had told her many times it wasn’t worth it but she ignored me.

Tsukiyomi seemed to know what I was talking about.

“Oh god, that event is coming soon? Mom really regrets that even happening it was partly why you became a demon king” tsukiyomi told us.

I blinked as I gave her a look.

“Huh so your sunset’s daughter in this world that explains the hair the version of you I’m more used to has just black hair,” I said making the Bacon head just drop her jaw.

“Today has officially gone very strange. Now I see what you meant when we met James” sunset said as we arrived.

“James if you know than hand over the ride watch you found,” tsukiyomi said.

“I would but the damn thing is like a bad penny I tossed it into the river every day but an hour later it reappears on my person. I had the damn thing for my entire time I was here” I told her showing the blank ride watch. Sunset looked at the device wide-eyed.

“That’s a whole lot of enchantments and temporal manipulation,” sunset said as I dropped the watch when geiz attacked and it just reappeared in my hand.

“Its already that bonded to you! As long as you don’t have the best we are good” said tsukiyomi.

“Tsukiyomi I came here with a toy replica that became a working real driver and I met this world version of Woz who doesn’t know I already have a Ziku driver. With it was a ride watch that belongs to you. I’m fully going to trick woz into handing me the driver he holds to give to you so you’re able to keep me and geiz in line better” I told her handing her the tsukiyomi ride watch as she looked it over surprised.

“What I never had a blank ride watch,” tsukiyomi said.

“That was a toy from my world that was sold to go with the toy version of the belt as a what if you was a rider like geiz. I still have no idea why it looks nearly identical to what mine will become” I told her.

“Wait the watch you have will look like that?” Asked sunset looking at the watch.

“Visor is different but otherwise identical,” I informed her.

Tsukiyomi looked at the ride watch and sighed before pocketing it as she headed for our next destination. Feudal Japan to explain the full story to sunset.

Tsukiyomi did explain that yes the year we were from is 2018 so it was just my luck Kamen rider zi-o was running tandem to the Equestria girls story. And sunset’s daughter explained oma zi-o to sunset.

“Wait so James is supposed to be this guy but while he can be very convincing and good at acting he is no tyrant,” sunset said watching my supposed future self wipe out an army with time manipulation.

“While I do have royalty in my worlds ancestry I’m from a side branch of the clan but even I know I’m not much of a ruler,” I said and both girls stared at me wide-eyed.

“I got nineteen generations of Irish kings as ancestors. Three united states presidents as well and war hero Davy Crockett on my late mother’s side. My great grandpa was in world war 2” I told both deadpan.

“That explains why oma zi-o is so assured he is a king. He has the ancestry to back it up.” Tsukiyomi said in a similar deadpan.

“You’re a noble... No wonder I relax so much around you I just can’t help but know a kindred spirit is near” Sunset said as well she does see Princess Celestia as her adoptive mother.

“Yeah well I don’t want to rule the world I’m happy with just being a protector and making sure you and I don’t end up killed because we are living proof the multiverse theory is real. Messing with dimensional travel without good cause is just asking for a disaster. A multiverse nearly imploded because of just connecting ten different Earths together.” I told her.

Seriously I was so going to tell sunset the flaws of her plan and let twilight reach out to her to prevent her from making a huge mistake. But first tsukiyomi had gotten me into trying to break up a fight between five guys and when I tried to settle things peacefully I got tossed into the river with sunset giving tsukiyomi a rather unamused look. I hobbled out as well I landed on my back on some of the river stones and my nerves were letting me know how painful that was.

“Let’s just head back so I can recover” I suggested as I winced at the pain my back was giving me as I think we just proved just how different I was from Kamen rider oma zi-o.

Tsukiyomi wilted at the look sunset was giving her as well I am her date to the fall formal. I really hoped by the time gaim turned up she doesn’t pull this stunt again. Then again knowing my luck right now gaim will show up during rainbow rocks as well singing and dancing went together.

Once wee termed the time stream again though geiz had tracked us down and knocked me out of the time mazine.

“I am going to punch geiz in the face for that stunt” I muttered as my back flared up again. Oh, and my left shoulder dislocated from the landing too that’s just great.

Let’s see skywall check, seito area check, and smash appearing right when I am currently helpless that is a major check! Yep, I’m in build just before sento and ryuga erase the Pandora’s box And evolt.

Luckily sento and ryuga arrived and beat the smash saving my hide.

“Thank heaven you two showed up,” I said as they helped me up and I winced at the dislocated shoulder making my back worse.

“You need to be treated,” said sento and I gave him a look.

“Sempai I would not be surprised if my back is a massive bruise along with the dislocated arm by now,” I told him.

“Sempai,” the two riders asked confused.

I pulled out my ziku driver.

“James McCain soon to be Kamen rider Zi-o. Time travel is what I have to deal with. I’m from about a year from now. One of my fellow riders knocked me into this year and made me land hoping I get killed. I’m definitely punching him in the face for that stunt” I deadpanned as I put away the driver.

“Ah I see so can I study your technology,” asked sento.

“No don’t want to cause a paradox” I quickly shot that idea down.

“Not to be confused with Kamen rider paradox by the way” I added.

“Kamen rider paradox” asked banjo confused.

“You will meet him later, for now, let’s just get me patched up so my girlfriend and her time traveling daughter can find me. It’s complicated a lot” I told them.

So the two helped me over to nascita and banjo helped me put my shoulder back where it belongs and applied a sling while also attending to my back as sento examined my ride watch that had fallen out of my coat when banjo was patching my injuries.

“Like I said you can’t study the tech! That’s what I need to become a rider and no I don’t know who made the tech in the first place a lot of quantum theory is needed and I barely understand the physics. Those can somehow alter history in the wrong hands and I don’t want to know how you’re going to find never becoming a rider will alter history.” I told sento as I tested the sling and cast banjo put on my injured arm.

Sento sighed obviously disappointed on not studying future tech but saw my point as I knew what the ride watches are able to do.

Before he handed it back tsukiyomi had knocked them out with the Faiz phone x and I dodged the blast heading for me.

“Watch it tsukiyomi I’m injured enough as it is! That reminds me next time I see geiz I’m punching him in the face!” I told her as I used my right hand to point at my injured arm.

“James what happened,” sunset said wide-eyed and definitely upset.

“What does it look like? When geiz knocked me out of the time mazine the rough landing dislocated my arm and I was nearly killed by a smash if my predecessors to the title of Kamen rider hadn’t saved me and fixed me up.” I said frowning as I retrieved my ride watch.

“Okay yeah, I don’t blame you for wanting to punch geiz let’s just get you two back to your time,” said tsukiyomi sighing as when put like that her friend is really starting to annoy her now.

“James isn’t the only one wanting to punch geiz. James can’t dance with a busted arm and a bruised back so he practically ruined my date for the fall formal and everyone else already has a date so I’m going to be the only one left out this was supposed to be our one year anniversary” sunset said looking really steamed.

I decided to distract her and impress tsukiyomi with what I knew of Kamen rider build on our way to the time mazine. Needless to say, Sunset was successfully distracted from her rage and tsukiyomi breathed a sigh of relief that her mother was calmed down.

Soon enough we made it back to 2018 and sunset dragged tsukiyomi into her room for the night and I got into bed after telling clockwork gear that I just had an accident while on my bike and sunset took me to the hospital. I know we won’t be able to hide the rider stuff from him forever but well I don’t want to drag him in yet. I only knew up to zi-o 2 debuts so anything past Kamen rider Kikai appearing is a blank for me. Still, now I’m in for an uncomfortable night due to my injuries.

Author's Note:

and here is part 2 of rider time 2018. next chapter deals with some of the equestria girls plot and a startling revelation. so watch out for rider time 2018 part 3 guys.