• Published 6th Feb 2019
  • 701 Views, 21 Comments

The Hero of My Story - maxisscrewed



"I have a dream every night," Sunset Shimmer sobbed, "where I am the hero of my story." One night when her dream finally comes true, she finds that Princess Luna’s banishment from her story book might not be such a tall tale after all.

  • ...
0
 21
 701

Chapter 3 — The Door With The Moon On It

"Who wants to play spin the bottle?" The girls seemed to be under Pinkie’s spell whenever a game was involved, and without a word they all sat down in a circle on the soft, carpeted floor.

"Who’s first," Fluttershy quietly asked, and she jumped when Rainbow Dash blurted out in her ear.

"Me," the rainbow-haired girl shouted, grabbing up the cola bottle from Pinkie Pie. She placed it on the carpet, then gave it a good spin. It pointed at Fluttershy. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth," Fluttershy groaned, folding her hands in her lap as she hung her head down.

"Is it true you’ve kissed me?" Her face turned bright red and the girl became faint, shaking her head.

"I-I can’t answer that, Dash!"

"If you don’t answer that means it’s automatically true!" The sweet girl sighed and closed her eyes.

"True." All of the girl’s except for Sunset Shimmer and Applejack squealed in excitement: Applejack because she had a cool head on her; Sunset because she was too busy drawing in her journal. Her father told her that if she ever felt upset about a dream, she should draw it in a happier outcome. The girl had drawn so much that her art skill had improved greatly, and tonight, she was sketching herself as the beautiful princess that fought the horrible leathery demon. Instead of the princess being Twilight, as it usually was, they had traded places.

"Sunset," Rarity shouted, and the girl jumped, slamming her notebook closed from prying eyes.

"Yes?"

"Truth or dare, sweetie."

"Oh, uh, truth."

"Is it true that your father stabbed your mother? I heard the rumor somewhere around school—"

"You can’t just ask someone that," Applejack groaned, and Rarity shrugged at the larger girl.

"Sorry, no offense!"

"It’s alright," Sunset lied, and she forced a smile at a Rarity. "My mother died from cancer when I was little, Rarity."

"Oh, I’m so sorry, Sunset, I didn’t know—"

"It’s fine, Rare, trust me." Sunset spun the bottle and it landed on Twilight.

"Truth or dare?"

"Well, I assume from a statistics standpoint that everyone’s guess would be that I would say truth to test my knowledge, but that isn’t the case! I will say dare!"

"I dare you to tell me what Artie’s hiding—" Sunset hit her tongue and Twilight’s dark face fell and she pushed up her glasses.

"Huh?"

"I asked you ‘what are you hiding?’ Okay, let me try again: would you rather date me or Pinkie?"

"Oh! I thought you just asked me what my uncle was hiding," she laughed, "because I would have to dissolve your body if I told you." Sunset’s face fell and Twilight smiled, nudging her shoulder with her elbow. "That’s an easy question! Since Pinkie’s already got a crush on Cheese Sandwich, I’d have to say you!"

Everyone cooed at the answer, and Sunset smiled.


All of the girls were asleep except for Sunset Shimmer and Twilight. They lied side by side on the floor and Sunset looked over to Twilight. "Twi?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you mean what you said?"

"About what?"

"The dating thing." The room remained silent for a long time, and Sunset knew that she had fallen asleep again. She waited for any sign of life before standing off of the floor, creeping to the bedroom door. Ever so softly she opened it, and she crept from the room silently. She slowly walked down the hallway and approached the living room. If she was caught, she could lie and say she was going to the kitchen to get a drink.

Sunset slowly pressed her back against the door, and heard nothing from inside of the room. It was dead silent. Breathing ever so softly, she slowly bent down and peeked through the keyhole. Inside was a stone, square pool of water that was as black as night with gentle specks of silver swirling around it. She glared at it and smiled, backing away to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water from the fridge.

Artemis opened the door and rung his hair out with a towel as he quickly walked into the kitchen. "What are you doing," he hissed, and she looked at him as if he were a madman.

"Getting a drink," she responded, walking past him. He caught her arm and pulled her back, leaning down to her. Any trace of anger left him and he now looked like a kind, caring young man.

"Tell nobody. Not your friends, not your father. This is our secret. Understand?"

"Cross my heart," she whispered, and he nodded to her.

"Thank you," he sighed with a smile, patting her shoulder.

"It’s just water," she quietly responded, and he shrugged.

"What something looks to you may not look the same to me." She smiled and he smiled right back, and she turned to face him once again.

"You’re weirder I thought you were," she told him outright, and he chuckled.

"And you’re more inquisitive than I thought," he explained, grabbing a bottle of water as well. "Persistence is a virtue, Sunset. Keep it forever."

Then the two parted ways, and she went back upstairs to the bedroom, where she found Twilight looking through her journal with a flashlight.

"I’m sorry," the girl immediately whimpered, and Sunset’s bottled up rage finally exploded.