• Published 6th Feb 2019
  • 704 Views, 21 Comments

The Hero of My Story - maxisscrewed



"I have a dream every night," Sunset Shimmer sobbed, "where I am the hero of my story." One night when her dream finally comes true, she finds that Princess Luna’s banishment from her story book might not be such a tall tale after all.

  • ...
0
 21
 704

Chapter 2 — Twilight’s First Sleepover

"I hope you feel better now, Sunset," Celestia coddled, placing a gentle hand on Sunset Shimmer’s knee. She smiled to the woman and sighed, looking towards the staircase that Artemis had walked up so long ago. The cuckoo clock on the wall cried out seven long chimes, and Celestia looked to the beautifully crafted clock. The sun in the backdrop of the clock began to change to the moon, and she stood to her feet.

"What’s wrong, Aunt Celestia?"

"Nothing, Twilight—look after your friends, please, I have business to attend to." She began to rush to the stairs, but then stopped on the bottom step and she looked behind her. "Goodnight, dearests, sleep tight and be safe on your walk home!" She continued to jog up the steps and Sunset looked to Twilight.

"There’s something off about them both."

"Yeah," Twilight began, nervously looking at her feet as she tapped on the cover of her book.

"What’s wrong with them?"

"Hey, I have an idea," Twilight quickly offered with a nervous smile. "What if you stayed over tonight? All of you? I’ve never gotten to have a sleepover before!" Applejack had long since dozed off with her hat over her face. Rainbow Dash wasn’t so discreet about her sleep, snoring loudly. The science lesson that the studious girl had tried to explain had bored nearly all of them to death, and the only one that seemed remotely interested was Pinkie Pie—perhaps because the sweet, pudgy girl had no idea what was going on throughout the physics lesson.

"Are we going to have to hear about quantum physics some more," Sunset asked, and she folded her arms.

"Nope," Twilight proudly stated, and they all let out a sigh of relief. Fluttershy started to nod off and she placed her head gently on a Rainbow Dash’s shoulder. The athletic girl jumped and immediately wrapped her arm around Fluttershy, looking around at the scene.

"What? What’s going on?"

"I have a whole book of sleepover activities!"

"Uh," Rainbow Dash nervously began, "I think Fluttershy wanted to—"

"She’s not talking about science anymore," Applejack mumbled. It was obvious after she picked her hat back up onto her hay colored hair that she had been awake for a while, since she had no sleep left in her eyes and she knew what was happening around her.

"Twilight, why do you have a book about sleepover activities, darling," Rarity kindly asked with a little song in her tone, and Twilight Sparkle smiled.

"I’ve always wanted to have one, but Aunt Celestia said I couldn’t because Uncle Artie would—"

"Oh, forget your uncle! He’s weird anyways," Rainbow Dash scoffed, letting a Fluttershy get comfortable in her shoulder.

"I wouldn’t say that, but we can all stay in my room away from him! He always works all through the night, and he’ll be in his office anyways!" There were creaking footsteps that came down the stairs, and Artemis came into view with a cup of hot tea.

"Your friends are still here," he asked, and the other six girls could tell that he was in a much better mood. He seemed more put together and awake, and he finally wore a smile.

"Yeah! Guess what?"

"What?"

"We’re going to have a sleepover!"

"Well, isn’t that exciting," he answered to her in a more cautious tone. The smile faded away and he took a sip of his tea. "I have one rule about the house, though. Nobody should step foot towards or into that room at any point." Artemis pointed a bony finger to a door with a black moon burned into the wood. "Understood?" The girls nodded and he smiled. "Good."

Artemis held his arm out to where his hand pointed up the staircase. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," Twilight responded, and she squealed in happiness before she clamored upstairs. Five of the girls followed, and one was stopped at the bottom by his cold hand. Sunset Shimmer looked to the man, and they locked eye contact.

"What’s the rule," he whispered.

"Don’t go in your chamber," she muttered, snatching her arm back. He nodded to her and began to walk to his office door, keeping an eye on her to make sure she went upstairs.

Sunset Shimmer glared at him as he turned his back on her, and he pulled out a key that was tied around his neck. It fit perfectly in the door and he slowly turned it to unlock the office door. Then it hit her, like an itch she couldn’t scratch.

She had to get into that room.

Author's Note:

If I messed up any grammar, feel free to correct me: I’m not wearing my glasses and I’m on an iPad