• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 1,727 Views, 2 Comments

Equestria & Wolf - Dumakey93



Holo has been searching to escape her world, but she must do something in exchange

  • ...
3
 2
 1,727

Rainbow & Wolf

Rainbow Dash charged at her with great speed. Holo’s eyes could read her opponent’s movements, as she went to dodge. She dove over the pegasus, rolling herself into a slight limp stance.

She was surprised at how quickly Holo moved. She had never been in many fights with ponies faster than her, but this thing was beyond her level.

Holo sighed, as she took a wide fighting stance, and she closed her eyes. Picture the opponent, and find their patterns. She opened her eyes, looking over the Dash’s build and her way of fighting. From what she observed, this opponent was young and speedy. She noticed that she was cocky, so she could be manipulated easily. Holo readied herself for the pegasus, having had a strategy in place.

The rainbow pegasus charged at full speed into the air, as Holo closed her eyes again. The pegasus aimed at Holo with her signature “Sonic Rainboom”, as she dove at Holo. Holo’s arms were outstretched, as her legs were shoulder-width apart. Rainbow Dash was within a meter of hitting Holo, leaving almost no time for a counter-attack.

Holo’s arms suddenly flew in between the pegasus and herself. Thrusting her arms out in front of her, Holo blocked the Sonic Rainboom. Her opponent’s eyes widened, as she was shocked that Holo withstood the Sonic Rainboom’s speed and power. She seemed exhausted after her signature move, which seemed odd.

Rainbow Dash had used up all her energy for one critical attack, that was nullified by Holo. Dash wondered how Holo had blocked it, for she seemed very small and weak. How could a frail looking creature stop me?

Holo looked at her arms and hands. She normally would’ve been beaten in her human form, but why did her body withstand the impact? She could only think of one possibility, the power she had as a giant wolf, was put into her human form. The sudden switch to a new world with magical creatures probably enhanced her power as well. It all seemed too good to be true, but Holo didn’t want to take her chances with a new power. She didn’t know how much she still had in store, especially after the incident with Flagg.

Holo looked at herself, with wolf ears and a tail, and her human body, it didn’t make sense that a creature suddenly would attack her. Then again, the world Holo was used to didn’t take kindly to things like her. She looked at her tail, paying no mind to the panting Rainbow Dash. A cold chill went up her spine, as she sensed something coming her way. She looked at Rainbow Dash, and dove at her.

Rainbow Dash was too tired to move, so Holo had shoved her out of way. A flash of red light made Holo and Rainbow Dash wince, as the earth shook violently. Where Rainbow Dash once stood, only a large crater remained. Holo sighed in relief, but kept alert, as a groan was heard from the bottom of the crater.

A man with torn blue jeans and a brown leather jacket rose from the crater. His black shades hid his eyes, as he cracked his neck and pulled an apple out of his pants pocket. Taking a bite, he nonchalantly walked out of the crater, paying no mind to Holo or Rainbow Dash. Sighing, he stared up at the sky, and raised his right hand up to the sun. As he lowered his hand, the sun dimmed, as it became night in an instant. He made a slight coughing sound, as he spoke, “That’s better, never did like the daylight anyway.”

Holo was flabbergasted at how casual the man was. She was so distracted, that Rainbow Dash ran out from under her. She made an attempt to punch the man, as he simply took the brunt of the blow.

His face did not move, nor did any part of his body move at all. It seemed that it had no effect, as Holo watched closely. Suddenly, Rainbow Dash was holding her arm in pain, as the man knelt close to her. He shook his head in disappointment, “You shouldn’t have done that. Every weak punch you give only hurts you, not me. Here, this is how you should hit someone...” In a flash, he grabbed Rainbow Dash, and gave her a quick roundhouse kick to the skull, sending her tumbling to the ground. She landed with a thud, that ended with a cracking sound, as she winced in pain.

Holo could not help Rainbow Dash, for she had no idea how hurt she was. The man slowly walked up to Holo and grabbed her by the tail. She punched at the man, until his nose bled from the few punches she gave. He laughed, “You hit pretty well, not as powerful as Flagg, but good nonetheless.” He threw Holo next to Rainbow Dash, as he took another bite of his apple. Scratching his black shoulder-length hair, he sat down on a nearby rock. Looking at Holo, man spoke, “I am not the strongest of all my comrades. I was sent her to end your life, but I see no point in the deed. Why must I end a life that cannot even save herself, let alone a stranger she doesn’t know? I need to have somewhat of a good fight, especially when it’s you I have to fight.”

Holo’s eyes widened as she began backtracking to the man she met before. The Flagg that I met before, was weaker than him this man? She thought a moment, then spoke up, “Why are these people after me? Why do you want to kill me?”

The man spit a seed out of his mouth, as he blinked at Holo. “I don’t want to kill you, my boss wants you dead. He’s a busy guy, you see, so he doesn’t have time to deal with you. Which is why he sent me here. I only will fight you when you are at full strength, because I know that Flagg drained you of your energy. I think if you were at your full strength, you could defeat me, but that’s just my theory. After all, you are a deity in your world. I’ve always wanted to fight a goddess...”

Holo raised her voice to the man, “Why do you fight me?”

The man raised his eyebrows, “I fight because I get bored of killing weaklings, I’d rather have a challenge every time. You are but a seed that needs to grow and mature in battle. You are experienced with your wolf form, but you need to channel that power through your current form to master your power. I will come back here when you are ready to fight me.”

Holo only had one final question for the man, “What is your name?”

The man looked slightly surprised at the question, “Well, I guess it wouldn’t hurt. I mean, I can’t even remember the last time someone asked me my name.” Tapping his temple, he replied, “My name is Montez, and I look forward to fighting you again.” Montez gave a smirk, as he sank into the ground.

Holo looked at Rainbow Dash to see if she was okay. She seemed to be breathing, but just barely. Out of all times, why did he have to interfere with our fight? Especially after the both of us were weakened. Holo spotted the unicorn from earlier walk up.

Holo could now see that this unicorn had a purple body and pointed stars on her flank. She could only look for a few seconds, as the unicorn teleported between her and Rainbow Dash. The purple unicorn looked at Holo with contempt in her eyes, as her purple eyes began to turn to a bright white color.

Holo backed away slowly, as the unicorn charged up the magic in her horn. The heat coming off of the horn made Holo shout, “STOP! I didn’t hurt your friend! It was a stranger!” The unicorn’s horn stopped glowing, as the heat faded from her horn. “Alright, I’ll hear you out, but make it quick.”

Holo let the events from earlier come out, “Your friend and I fought for some reason. She suddenly snapped at me, maybe she thought that I hurt the person you picked up earlier. After our fight, this man suddenly came out of nowhere. He injured your friend when she tried to punch him in the face. He only wanted to confront me....I don’t know why he didn’t just attack me.”

The purple unicorn smiled, “Thank you for telling me outright, but don’t think that I’ll trust you that easily. Now if you don’t mind, would you tell me your name and the name of Rainbow’s attacker?”

Holo nodded, “Yeah, my name’s Holo, and the man’s name is Montez....”

Twilight wrote down a few notes, as she spoke, “Could you help me carry Rainbow Dash to the hospital? You can also meet your friend there too.”

Holo agreed to Twilight’s plan, as she supported Rainbow’s deformed wings and walked to the hospital.