• Published 4th Feb 2019
  • 1,117 Views, 51 Comments

LEGO Equestria Girls 6 - Chronicler06



In the Lego World, when everyone suddenly forgets that Sunset Shimmer is now a hero, she must rely on some unlikely help to find and stop whoever is responsible, before the effects become permanent.

  • ...
3
 51
 1,117

Prologue

LEGO Equestria Girls 6

Prologue

Summer had arrived for much of the Lego World. Kids were excited for an extended break from school, and families came together to enjoy picnics at the park, barbecues in their backyards, and swimming at public pools or the beach. But for inland regions like Canterlot City, the beach simply wasn’t an option, so those who wanted to experience the sand and surf would have to travel to one of the coastal cities.

It was for that reason that a certain group of best friends found themselves at Canterlot Airport, waiting for their flight to Lego City. The girls of Canterlot City’s LEGO Team — Sunset Shimmer, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Twilight Sparkle — were definitely looking forward to their upcoming vacation to the beach, especially since it meant they got to travel somewhere just for fun and not have to deal with some terrible threat. Because of this, Twilight was even allowing Spike to join them on their trip, which he was especially excited to hear.

To celebrate the beginning of summer, Rarity had offered all of her friends a brand new range of standard outfits for them to wear — claiming that a change in their standard wardrobe was long overdue. Twilight Sparkle now had dark blue on her feet, a purple skirt piece around her upper legs with detailing of her symbol of a magenta six-pointed star on all sides, and narrow horizontal stripes of light blue and purple on her shoulders and torso with detailing on the front of her torso of a magenta bow with her magical geode in the middle of it. Rainbow Dash now had medium blue on her feet, dark blue on her legs with rainbow lightning bolts on the outer side of each leg, her old red-yellow-blue bands on her wrists, medium blue on her upper arms with a yellow stripe down the middle, and medium blue on her torso with detailing on the front of a white shirt with her symbol of a cloud and rainbow lightning bolt under an open jacket with a lowered hood on the back and her magical geode around her neck. Applejack now had brown on her lower legs with her symbol of three apples on the front of each leg, a blue skirt piece around her upper legs with detailing of two pockets on the front and a red belt around the waist, green on her shoulders, white on her torso with a single apple on the front and her magical geode around her neck, and her old hat atop her head. Rarity now had purple on her feet, a purple skirt piece around her upper legs with a light blue ruffled skirt piece on top of that, gold bands around her wrists, and light blue on her torso with detailing of a purple belt around her waist with a diamond buckle and a broad yellow collar around her neck with her magical geode as part of it. Fluttershy now had pink straps around her lower legs, a turquoise long skirt piece around her legs with her symbol of three butterflies on the right side, pale green on her upper arms but not her shoulders, and a turquoise torso with detailing of a pink belt around her waist with a butterfly-shaped buckle and pink straps over her bare shoulders and her magical geode around her neck. Pinkie Pie now had light blue on her feet, white on her legs, a pink ruffled skirt piece around her waist, white on her torso with detailing on the front of her symbol of three party balloons and her magical geode around her neck, and a light blue hair band in her hair with a bow on the left side. Sunset Shimmer now had black on her feet, a magenta skirt piece around her upper legs, orange on her upper arms but not her shoulders, and black on her torso with detailing on the front of an orange shirt with her symbol of a red and yellow sun under the open vest and her magical geode around her neck. In addition, Sunset had also slightly changed her hairstyle so that it was now smoother and slightly curled at the ends. Despite Rarity’s offer, Spike had chosen to stick with his old standard outfit — blue on his short legs, green on his arms and torso, and a plain red baseball cap on his hairless head.

As they waited, Rarity was showing pictures on her phone to Fluttershy and Applejack as they stood together, Pinkie Pie was buying snacks for the flight from a nearby vending machine, Rainbow Dash sat on one end of a bench with a bored expression on her face, Spike sat on the other end of the bench while listening to some music on his phone, Twilight sat next to him while looking at something on her phone, and Sunset sat in the middle of the bench while reading a newspaper — a 2x2 white tile with newsprint on the top surface.

Sunset sighed and muttered, “I still can’t believe the city of Brickburg could just mysteriously vanish like that.”

Rainbow glanced over at Sunset and rolled her eyes as she grumbled, “We’ve all known about that for months now. The whole region got covered in some weird haze that not even space satellites can see through, and everyone sent over to investigate have never come back.”

“And now it seems we may not be getting any answers anytime soon,” added Sunset. She tapped her newspaper and continued, “It says here that President Business has just called off his efforts in the investigation, claiming that he can no longer afford to throw away assets on what has essentially turned into a great big unknown.”

“I just hope everyone there is okay,” said Twilight as she set down her phone. “I know of a former Shadowbolt agent who happens to live there.”

“An old friend of yours?” asked Applejack as she, Rarity, and Fluttershy turned their attention towards their seated friends.

“Not really,” replied Twilight as she shook her head. “She’s actually someone we were all familiar with because, before the Shadowbolts were disbanded, she was the only one to successfully leave that underground organization and avoid termination — and when I say ‘termination’, I mean that in every aspect imaginable.”

Fluttershy gasped and worriedly asked, “Y-you mean…?”

Twilight nodded solemnly. “Cinch wanted to make sure no one would ever leak any secrets to anyone else, so she made it very clear that once we were in, none of us would ever leave alive.” She then began to smile slightly. “The fact that Lucy was able to prove it didn’t have to end that way actually inspired me to believe that I could also make a new life for myself away from the Shadowbolts. Of course, we all know that eventually turned out.”

There was a bittersweet silence among the girls as they were reminded of certain past events.

It wasn’t long before Applejack spoke up, “So what do ya know ‘bout this Lucy gal?”

Twilight replied, “Most of us believed one reason she was able to avoid detection for so long was because she kept changing her name a lot — I had even heard there was a running joke that she would change names more often than I would change locations, as I had a habit of never staying in the same place for more than a few months.” She chuckled lightly at that. “Last I heard, she went by the name of Wyldstyle.”

The mention of that name made Rarity’s eyes widen. “Wyldstyle?” she asked in astonishment. “The Wyldstyle? As in, the one who inspired all the lands under President Business’s control to rise up in resistance against his tyrannical plans? Are you telling us that she was once a Shadowbolt agent herself?”

Twilight smirked and quipped, “How else do you think she became so good at fighting against all those robots?”

Applejack chuckled and remarked, “Well, ya learn somethin’ new every day.” Her smile fell as she added, “Ah just wish we all knew for sure what really happened over in Bricksburg.”

As Pinkie Pie sat down on the bench with a huge pile of various snacks in her arms, she excitedly spoke up, “I think they were invaded by alien Duplo creatures from outer space!”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and responded irritably, “Please, Pinkie, everyone knows there’s no such thing as Duplo. It’s just a silly myth that no one with even half a brain would ever believe in.”

“Though on the subject of space creatures,” Twilight pointed out, “I have heard that there’s been some unusual activity over in the Systar System.”

“What kind of activity?” asked Fluttershy.

Twilight shrugged and replied, “That’s literally all I know about it. Much like the Constraction Zone, the Systar System is kept completely isolated from the rest of the Space Region we’re familiar with. Aside from some occasional sightings in nearby areas, we really don’t know much of what’s really going on over there.”

“Whatever it is, I’m sure it probably has nothing to do with whatever happened to Brickburg,” assured Sunset.

Suddenly, a voice came on over the speakers throughout the airport. “Now boarding: Flight 83 to Lego City.”

“That’s us!” said Rainbow Dash with a smile as she stood up and grabbed her luggage. “Come on, girls, let’s go!”

As everyone else grabbed their luggage and followed Rainbow, Twilight nudged Spike before grabbing her things and following after them. Alerted by that nudge, Spike removed his earbuds and, as he watched the rest of the group begin to walk away, he asked, “Are we going now?”

“Yes, Spike, now hurry up before we forget to take you with us,” teased Sunset.

Spike quickly put away his phone and grabbed his luggage before finally following after the seven girls.

As the group of best friends made their way towards the plane that would take them to their destination, Sunset was confident that she and her friends were going to have a wonderful time over the next week, and make plenty of pleasant memories together.

Author's Note:

As hinted at in one of the Starlight Glimmer short stories, the Equestria Girls now have those new standard outfits we've seen in the official series. Even though the Lego Movie 2 is not out yet (though I do plan to see it soon), since the events of the first movie occurred in this Lego World, I wanted to try to explain why that city had ended up so different while also attempting to be ambiguous enough that I hope I don't end up contradicting what could be in the movie. I also took this opportunity to mention again a certain detail I had included back in the third story, if only to show that the events in this Lego World are not quite exactly like what happened in the movies. As usual, please be sure to point out any issues or errors I might have missed so I can correct them immediately. And feel free to check my most recent blog post where, among other things, I'm now offering everyone a chance to write short stories based on the Lego World of this series.