• Published 12th Mar 2019
  • 2,438 Views, 40 Comments

The Day From Hell - pabrony

  • ...
9
 40
 2,438

Revelation

Later that week…

The steady beeping of Twi’s heart monitor was the only thing keeping me from going bonkers from silence. The rooms didn't have televisions in them; most likely because the patients that occupy them are usually unconscious.

So to occupy my time, I responded to tweets from my Twitch followers as they came in. Eventually, I ran out of tweets to respond to. So I then pulled up my YouTube app and began watching some of my older gaming videos to try finding a weakness in my rival.

“There has got to be a way to beat him,” I said softly as a grenade exploded on the video. As the video continued, I began hearing other sounds in the room.

What was that? I thought, pausing the video to look around. I scanned every square inch of the room looking for the slightest hint of movement. After seeing - and hearing - nothing for almost three minutes, I shrugged my shoulders and resumed the video.

A few minutes later, I heard the same sounds once again. This time, I sat my phone on the cot the nurses had brought for me the day Twi was admitted and got up to look for the source of the mysterious sounds. Okay, I'm not going insane, I told myself as I walked around the room. I know I heard something moving.

Before returning to YouTube, I stopped off at the bed and kissed Twilight on the forehead. “Love you, babe.”

I shifted around to get comfortable once more and went onto the next video. I was less than a minute into the video when I heard more noises.

“Suh…”

I finally located the source of the mystery noises the room. What I saw made me squeal with joy.

“Sun…”

“Twilight!” I cried as I bum-rushed the bed. “Oh thank Celestia you're awake! I've been so afraid.” I did my best to hug her considering her casts and IV lines were still in the way.

“Wha…what-” she managed before I put a finger to her lips.

“Shhh,” I said softly. “Try not to talk. Just nod your head. Okay? Don't worry. I'll explain everything.”

She looked at me and slowly nodded.

As I looked back into her violet eyes, I began to get choked up. “Twi, there’s something I've got to get off my chest before I explain what happened to you.”

“Okay,” she barely whispered.

“Twilight, I am so, so sorry for how I've been treating you,” I said as I wiped a tear off my face. “These hormones from Gleaming Dusk have my emotions more out of control than I expected.”

“Gleam…?” she asked.

“Yeah, we're having a girl. I know you wanted to be there for the ultrasound but I couldn't reschedule it on that short of notice,” I explained as I began rubbing her hair. “So I had to go alone.”

“A...girl?” she said with a weak smile.

“Mhmm,” I confirmed, returning the smile. “And don't worry, I haven't told anyone the results yet.”

I noticed a line appear on her cheek as I gushed over our future daughter.

“Sun...set, why…?”

I shook my head. “Oh right. You were in a terrible car accident earlier this week.”

“Week? But I…”

I went on to describe the accident, her injuries and who all had visited her. I read the cards that everyone had left and shown her the flower arrangements that Rarity had sent.

“Where are...my glasses?” she asked, still extremely weak.

“Those are no longer wearable. When I went with Shining and Cadence to clean out the twisted piece of metal that used to be your Fusion, we found them in four pieces.”

“Four?”

“Yeah, one of the lenses were popped out. One of the legs were broken off and the frame broke right on the bridge,” I told her. “We found your geode in the backseat but that's at the house.”

“How long…?”

“It’s been six days since the accident. They kept you in a medically-induced coma for two days,” I went on to explain. “You had me scared, babe. They took you off the medicine that had you sedated but you didn't wake up.”

“What?”

“It's been tense. We almost lost you twice the other day.” I stroked her right cheek with the back of my hand and kissed her softly on the lips. “I'm so glad that you're going to be alright.”


Later that day, the hospital transferred Twi out of the ICU and into a regular room. She had gotten stronger throughout the last few hours and the doctor felt she didn't need to be in intensive care any longer.

My spirits from the last few days had been lifted and I could tell Gleaming was in better spirits also. It was great hearing her put sentences of more than two or three words together as I lugged all the cards, balloons, and flowers to the new room.

“What do you want to watch?” she asked as I set up her gifts.

“I don't care. I haven't watched any television in six days so whatever you want to watch is fine with me,” I replied.

She flipped through the channels before settling on a show about equine mating habits.

“Really?” I deadpanned.

“What?” she asked innocently. “You said you didn't care.”

I opened my mouth to argue but closed it immediately upon realizing she was correct.

She let out a small giggle as I shimmied onto the right side of the bed. “This seems familiar.”

I gave her a quizzical look. “Familiar? What do you mean?”

She kissed my cheek as I slipped my left arm under her. “Think back to before you learned that you were pregnant,” she said.

“Uhhh…”

“We laid in the bed together when you were in the hospital back in December,” she reminded me.

A smile spread across my face as we cuddled up closer to each other and began talking about our upcoming plans for the little one until we both nodded off.


“Sunset Shimmer,” called a voice from the night sky.

“Yes?” I replied, looking around.

“Sunset Shimmer,” the voice called again.

“Who's there?” I shouted.

“Sunset Shimmer,” the voice repeated.

“Show yourself! Stop playing mind games with me!” I hollered angrily.

Moments later there was a blue glow materializing behind me. I spun around and came face to face with a woman in a sparkling midnight blue dress.

“Vice Principal Luna?” I asked, tilting my head in confusion.

“No, Sunset Shimmer. I am the Princess Of The Night,” she replied.

“Princess Luna? How-?”

“It is complicated. I only have a couple of minutes before I must return to Equestria,” she interrupted.

“Very well,” I said as she approached. “What do you want to talk about?”

“Sunset Shimmer, you have done a good job with you and your wife’s current situation. However, she will be needing your love and support now more than ever,” Luna said as she placed her hand on my shoulder.

“I know. It's going to be a long road with rehab for her injuries,” I told her.

“But it's going to be an even longer road with one of those injuries in particular,” she said.

I suddenly felt like a swallowed a stone. My stomach got knotted up and my pulse began to increase. “Um, which, uh, which one?” I asked as I pretended to play stupid.

She removed her hand from me, stepped back and began to disappear. “The one you haven't told her about yet,” she said as she vanished.


My eyes shot open and I found myself gasping for air. Was that really Princess Luna? I thought as my breathing returned to normal. I looked over and saw Twi with her mouth wide open and a tendril of drool hanging off each side of her mouth. I kissed her nose and carefully slid off the cramped hospital bed.

I slid my shoes onto my feet and headed toward the door. I think I'll take a walk to clear my head, I thought as I exited the room.

I stopped at the nurse's station to let them know where I was in case Twi woke up before I got back. My destination was set; the enclosed sky bridge that connected the main hospital to the specialty clinics.

The view from it was amazing. I leaned against one of the rails and watched the stars vanish - one by one - into the night sky. It made me feel at peace with what had to be done in a little bit. Once the last star was no longer visible, I decided to head back and face my wife.

After a couple of minutes of walking, I arrived back at Twi’s room. I stood against the wall outside the door and took a few deep breaths.

Here goes nothing, I thought. I walked through the doorway and locked eyes with her.

“Sunny? Is something wrong?” she asked, a hint of worry in her voice.

“I...had a bad dream,” I said. “I thought that a short walk would help me take my mind off of it.”

“Oh. Well, are you coming back over to cuddle?” she asked.

A weak, nervous smile crossed my face as I agreed and sat down on the edge of the bed. It was then that she picked up that something was bothering me.

I felt her place her good hand on the small of my back. “What's wrong, Sunny? And don't tell me that it's nothing,” she said softly.

I let out a wavering sigh as I steeled my emotions. “Babe, you know how I listed off your injuries yesterday?”

“Yes, why?”

A tear rolled down each cheek as I continued, “I told you about how you were bleeding internally…” I paused momentarily to wipe my nose on my sleeve. “I failed to tell you where the source…”

Twi pulled on my shoulder so that she could see my tear-filled eyes. “Sunny, look at me. What is it you're trying to say?”

“Twilight, the source of your internal bleeding was your uterus.” By this point, I was barely maintaining my composure.

“Okay. So-”

“Babe, the only way they could get the bleeding stopped…” I swallowed hard before finally dropping the bombshell. “They had to do an...emergency hys-hysterectomy. I'm so sorry.”

Author's Note:

The next installment, The Long Road (coming soon), will pick up at the exact place except it will be from Twilight's POV.

Also, to those unfamiliar with the term, a hysterectomy is when a woman has her uterus removed.

Comments ( 8 )

Omg! I'm so happy Twilight's awake, what a relief!

However... a hysterectomy? I'm so sorry Twilight. This sure is going to be one heck of a ride.

Can't wait for the next story! <3

9512665
Yes, it will. Sunset's nearly six months preggers at this point, and now this upcoming emotional roller coaster shoud really shake things up.

A Hysterectomy? Oh no. :fluttercry:

9513571
Oh no, indeed. It'll definitely take a while for Twilight accept it.

:fluttershysad: ...... :fluttercry: ...... :raritycry:
WHY MUST THEY BE SO SAAAAD???? :raritydespair:

9517239
Eh...it's my writing style.

Sorry I took so long to get back to this. With that said... I didn't ask for my heart to be torn apart today you know. An up vote from me.

9536213
Thank you. Hope you get a chance to check out the sequel. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment