• Published 3rd Feb 2019
  • 1,963 Views, 320 Comments

A Little Adventure in Alola - CommanderX5



With Twilight being able to successfully create a portal back to Alola, it's time for the ponies to escort the summoned pokemon back to their homeland. However, when one adventure ends, another begins, one that just might be their last.

  • ...
6
 320
 1,963

Ch.4 - Search Party - Pt.2

A Little Adventure in Alola

-

Chapter 4
-
Search Party - Pt.2


Both parties stared at one another, an intense hatred burning in their eyes. To call it a staring contest would be an understatement. The boss maintained a firm posture, refusing to back down as he stood with his arms crossed and satisfaction present on his face. Both subordinates quickly took a protective formation in front of him.

Astra kept her long-sword raised ahead of her while she snatched a pokeball from her belt with her other hand. Emily followed her example.

Pikachu didn’t dare take his eyes from Hypno as bolts of electricity escaped his cheeks.

“Pikachu, I will need as much backup as possible in this battle. I know I’m not your trainer, but will you listen to me?” Astra asked.

Pikachu looked at the Pokemon Master before responding with a nod. If this trainer was the one who managed to raise such an amazing pokemon like Nica, he would trust her judgement and skills with his life.

“Your moves?”

“‘Thunderbolt,’ ‘Iron Tail,’ ‘Electro Ball,’ and ‘Quick Attack,’” Pikachu answered, naming each move aloud thanks to his translating collar.

“Got it.”

“Another talking one?” Butch said before grinning as the image of one, particular Meowth flashed in his mind. “I can’t wait to see their faces when I tell them how many pokemon can talk on this island.”

Pikachu took a deep breath and tensed his muscles for the upcoming battle. I may be a bit tired and hurt from my previous battles, but I won't let it hold me down. Bring it on!

Emily spoke up, glancing at the pegasus, “Rainbow Dash, I know you’re not a pokemon, and I don’t know your moves, but…”

“I can fly super fast, punch kick hard, control the weather, and make a tornado,” Dash said in haste. “I didn’t think I would fight in a pokemon battle like that, but I need to teach these punks a lesson for messing with us!”

The Pokemon Master and her subordinate Emily looked at each other and nodded before throwing their pokeballs, Astra’s first.

“Go, Haxorus!” Astra shouted as a two meter tall pokemon was summoned into the open area. Three large, blood-red claws dug into the ground, ripping up the grass beneath it as the dragon gave an earth-shattering roar. Three smaller ones were present on each hand, shining bright in contrast to the dulled armour plates that ran along its body. Shaking its head in agitation, the two battle axes on each side shook, swinging back and forth along with its tail as it awaited any commands from its trainer. Astra grinned as Giovanni narrowed his eyes.

Pikachu looked to his side and up at the massive creature, gasping. That’s one intimidating pokemon. He gulped and took a tiny step back without realizing it. He looks strong as well. I don’t remember Nica mentioning a Haxorus. Astra must have caught it some time after gaining the title of Pokemon Master.

“Go, Alolan Muk!” Emily shouted as a massive pile of multi-colored goo made of poison appeared beside Haxorus. Oozing waves of green, yellow and pink toxins circulated on his body, causing the ground beneath it to smoke and rot right before Pikachu’s eyes. Multiple white crystals were present as well, serving as deadly spikes, claws and teeth.

“We won’t let you touch our boss. Go, Primeape!” Bunch shouted as he sent his pokemon into battle, though unlike the intimidating duo from before, it seemed like a ball of fluff popped out, with two scrawny legs and arms, a metallic bracelet adorning each wrist and ankle. A vein seemed to bulge out as it looked on at the other two pokemon with a gaze of rage.

“Hypno needs reinforcements, go Raticate!” Cassidy shouted as she deployed a fat-looking rat with overstuffed cheeks, two razor-sharp fangs coming out of the top and bottom part of its mouth.

“Usually I won’t dirty my hands, but I respect those who are strong,” he snarled, giving a mocking grin. “I want to witness the power of the one who turned my proud organization into a joke. But make no mistake, I’ll make you regret the damage you have done in the end! Don’t mistake my respect towards you for mercy.” With a sharp flick of his wrist, he threw an ultraball into the field, a mix of black and white with a golden insignia visible at the top. A massive pokemon made of rock appeared on the field. “Rhyperior. Test the might of my opponents before I crush them.”

Both rocket members looked at their boss’s pokemon, both grunts lighting up with determination, inspired by their very own boss fighting right beside them. The pokemon itself was equipped with two wickedly sharp horns piercing out of the top of its head, though only one horn seemed long enough for drilling. While having very short legs, its body was massive and armored with orange plates, covering skin already crafted of rock.

“Pikachu is the weakest of the bunch, so let's get rid of it quickly,” Cassidy commanded with a strong swing of her hand. “Hypno, attack Pikachu with ‘Psychic,’ full power!”

Pikachu grit his teeth. His instincts screamed to try and escape the attack or counter, reminiscent of Ash commanding him, but he agreed to follow Astra so he stood his ground, awaiting command.

“Pikachu, jump towards Muk!” Astra called.

Following on to her boss’s plan, Emily shouted, “Muk, protect Pikachu!”

The little pokemon did as he was told, jumping towards his ally.

Muk spread his hands out protectively, carefully wrapping his gooey body around Pikachu. Though toxic, the pokemon made sure to avoid directly touching the small mouse, so when the Hypno’s pink aura came searching for him, Muk’s resistance to Psychic attacks was more than enough to ward off the unwanted presence.

Hypno dropped to one knee and grit his teeth as his medallion lost its light. His power was wasted against an immune opponent as the dark aura nullified his attack.

“Primeape, trash that Muk with ‘Thrash,’” Butch commanded.

“Raticate, get around Muk and hit Pikachu with a ‘Hyper Fang!’” Cassidy commanded.

Raticate tilted his head to the side and turned, slightly confused and glanced back at its trainer, unsure on how to attack the Pikachu while the Muk was quite literally draped over him. As soon as Cassidy spotted her pokemon’s inactivity, she stomped her foot and screeched, “I don’t care how you do it, just do it!” That spurred the Raticate into action.

Pikachu jumped out of Muk’s embrace and took a fighting stance next to the him, his attention focused on the charging pokemon. At times like this Ash would no doubt command him to hit it with ‘Thunderbolt.’ Was Astra going to do the same?

“Pikachu, prepare ‘Electro Ball’ but don’t attack yet. Haxorus, use ‘Dragon Dance’ and wait for further commands,” Astra commanded.

Pikachu repeated his name, charging the orb of electricity as it grew atop his tail, sparking and pulsing. Much to his surprise, Astra ran in front of him, raising her shield. What is she doing? She’ll get hit at this rate.

“Muk, ‘Minimize,’” Emily called as the size of her pokemon shrank before her very eyes.

Pikachu looked at Astra in worry as the attacking pokemon dashed closer. His attention focused on the shield as it flashed with power, only for some sort of square barrier to form ahead of them. His temporary trainer leaped backward, getting safely behind both pokemon, a weak quake shaking the ground every time her armoured boots made contact with the ground.

“‘Reflect’ set up. Haxorus, protect Pikachu,” Astra commanded.

Pikachu leapt backward as the large pokemon got in between him and the attacker. Raticate jumped, charging at the dragon type pokemon with his shining teeth exposed.

“Haxorus, tank and grab,” Astra said, her tone now calmer than before.

Raticate struck the barrier, losing some power and momentum before hitting the dragon. Haxorus’s massive legs didn’t even budge as he grabbed his opponents with both of his hands, sinking his claws into Raticate’s fur.

“My poor Raticate, release him this instant!” Cassidy shouted in an enraged tone, though Haxorus ignored her.

Primeape jumped at the Alolan Muk with all of his ferocity, swinging his arms. The once large pokemon, now only two times larger than Pikachu, stretched its flexible body, evading one blow after another due to its much smaller frame.

“Muk, attack with ‘Crunch’ while your opponent is close. Then hold him in vice-grip,” Emily shouted.

Primeape finally hit Muk with his fist, only for said fist to sink into the pokemon and promptly become trapped. Sharp, jagged stones formed above and below the Primape’s arm, before a dark aura surrounded them and delivered a painful crunch, along with the Muk’s toxic body burning into him. A violet color sprung to life on the Primape’s forehead as the Muk’s ‘Poison Touch’ ability infected him.

“Pikachu, strike Raticate with ‘Electro Ball’ while he’s immobile and follow up with a quick ‘Thunderbolt.’ Haxorus, attack with ‘Outrage’ the moment Pikachu finishes.”

The pupils in Raticate’s eyes shrank as it started struggling, desperately trying to free himself from the powerful grip.

With a swift swing, Pikachu pushed the ball of electricity against the pokemon before sending a follow-up ‘Thunderbolt’ into the smoke caused by the explosion. He raised his forepaw and closed his eyes, biting his lip upon hearing sharp yelps, furious roars and the noise of destruction caused by the ‘Outrage.’ Whatever was happening inside that cloud of smoke, he was happy not to witness it.

Primeape shook his hand, trying desperately to shake off the Alolan Muk, slamming the creature against the ground repeatedly, yet crunch still maintained its unrelenting grip while the poison spread inside his body. It didn’t take long before Haxorus jumped at him from the cloud of smoke, searching for his next victim.

Pikachu observed the descending smoke as both Raticate and Primeape lay unconscious with the enraged dragon towering over them, roaring in anger. One thing was certain, those two wouldn’t be able to fight anytime soon.

“Hypno, put them to sleep, now!” Cassidy commanded in panic, backpedaling as she watched her pokemon get demolished.

Astra took a step back, staring at her opponents in silence, a calculating look on her face.

“Rainbow Dash, interrupt Hypno and get him into Muk’s jaw!” Emily commanded.

“Finally!” Dash shouted before flapping her wings, flying into action. “Payback time, Hypno. Better get ready, cause here I come!”

Emily looked at Astra, giving her a knowing look. “Haxorus is out of control, you should probably switch him out.”

“Got it,” Astra said with a nod. She called back the rampaging dragon, sending out another team member instead. “Ninetales, I need you!”

Ninetales? But he’s still in Equestria, Pikachu thought as he saw the multi-tailed pokemon appear next to him. Instead of the golden fur and snarky attitude he was expecting, this Ninetales was snow-white and quite similar to Snowy, commanding over the power of ice. He raised his forepaws protectively, caught off guard by ‘Hail’ as it started to hit his little body.

Rainbow Dash flew circles around Hypno before kicking his hand, interrupting the ‘Hypnosis.’ She roughly grabbed the pokemon by his back and flew towards the Muk who had returned to his normal size, waiting with an open jaw. One look at Hypno’s face being enough to show he was in deep…

“Hypno, ‘Mega Punch!’” Cassidy commanded.

Giovanni shook his head in disappointment. “Seems my bodyguards are having some troubles. Rhyperior, end this with an ‘Earthquake.’”

With a high jump, Rhyperior slammed his entire body into the ground, causing the earth to tremble and the ground to split and shatter. A few trees from behind were ripped from the ground and tossed to the floor like twigs blowing in the wind.

Both rocket members struggled to maintain balance while their leader stood unmoving, a confident grin on his face.

Dash withdrew her forehooves, throwing Hypno into the jaw of the Alolan Muk. The ‘Mega Punch’ struck the barrier in front of Muk’s face, weakening the impact against Emily’s pokemon. The super effective biting move wasn’t weakened by anything though as the chewing commenced.

Emily and Astra ran away, increasing their distance from the spreading ‘Earthquake.’

“Pikachu, jump onto Dash’s back. Don’t let ‘Earthquake’ hit you!” Astra commanded.

“Rainbow Dash, pick up Astra’s Ninetales, fast!” Emily ordered.

The pegasus nodded, easily picking the lightweight fox pokemon up with her forehooves wrapped around her belly, while Pikachu held her neck. She closed one eye and grit her teeth, enduring the unexpected ‘Hail’ that accompanied her cargo. The opposing pokemon ended up being hit by ‘Hail’ as well while ignoring it.

The Alolan Muk stopped chewing his opponent and spat him out before closing his eyes. Despite what was left of ‘Reflect’ somehow weakening the force of incoming blow, both Muk and Hypno ended up being swallowed by the enraged ground.

“Ninetales, attack Rhyperior with ‘Ice Beam,’ then help Pikachu hit it with ‘Iron tail,’” Astra commanded.

Pikachu grit his teeth, charging power into his tail.

Ninetales opened her mouth, unleashing an icy beam against the massive pokemon, causing it to struggle against it while freezing part of his body. Hail added a little damage into the mix.

“Counter with ‘Stone Edge!’” the boss shouted out as his pokemon slammed a leg into the ground, causing numerous stones to shoot up and block the oncoming ‘Ice Beam.’

<Pikachu, hold my neck!> Ninetales shouted before pushing herself free from Dash’s hold. She landed atop one of summoned stones as Pikachu jumped onto her neck and grabbed it. The stones started trembling a second later.

Jump after jump, Ninetales leaped from one stone to another. Each stone exploded, yet none were fast enough to keep up with her quick feet and agile reflexes.

“‘Rock Wrecker!’”

Astra took a step back, a bead of sweat dripping down her forehead. “Evade! No matter what, don’t let it hit you! Pikachu, defend Ninetales with ‘Iron Tail.’”

Emily shouted, “Ninetales, you know Aurora Veil, use it!”

Astra looked at her subordinate and smiled. “Thanks. I almost forgot about it in the heat of the moment.”

Rhyperior growled, crashing his armored fists into the ground and causing a massive number of stones to dart out of the ground, ranging from pebbles to boulders as they shot towards the pokemon.

Both of the creatures balked for a second, turning to spot the rocks fly towards them, before leaping into action. Ninetales’ tails flashed brightly as a powerful aura formed around her and Pikachu, using hail to continuously sustain itself. She leaped left and right, evading whatever she could with agility and grace, though with every stone dodged, three more seemed to shoot down after it.

Pikachu leapt forward, quickly intercepting one massive stone from smashing into Ninetales’ face. He swung his tail in mid-air again, cutting a second and third stone before one flying in from the side took him by surprise and slammed him into the ground. His side ached, but he struggled to his feet, determined to help Ninetales. He managed to evade another two rocks and deflect a third before another crashed into him from behind and sent him stumbling to the ground as a multi-colored aura surrounded his body.

Before he could recover, a third, and fourth and fifth boulder rammed into him, burying him immobile under a few tons of pressure. Wincing, he swallowed his yelp of pain and spotted Ninetales running towards him thanks to a small opening in between the stones that trapped him. Above her the final wave of boulders came soaring, aiming to land right on top of the unsuspecting pokemon. He struggled, trying to scream out a warning. He watched, stunned as Ninetales failed to evade two massive boulders that crash-landed directly on top of her, though he noticed a rainbow-like aura around the ice/fairy pokemon appear in the nick of time.

Pikachu grit his teeth, preparing his attack as bolts of electricity started escaping his cheeks, but before he could push the boulders off his back with a burst of lighting, Ninetales freed herself with a burst of dazzling light. She followed up with a beam of ice, freezing the stones weighing on his body while pushing them away.

He ignored the chilling sensation as his crushed body suddenly started feeling a thousand times lighter, and as he was about to force himself to stand, Ninetales’ muzzle gently lifted him to a standing position.

“Thanks,” Pikachu said with a warm smile as his collar was still functional despite tiny cracks now present on its gem.

<I should be the one thanking you for bravely cutting the massive boulders, little one.> Ninetales grinned mischievously, gesturing with her forepaw to their recharging foe. <It seems that using ‘Rock Wrecker’ took a lot of out Rhyperior. How about we take advantage of that and repay him in kind?>

Pikachu stretched his back and limbs, which didn’t seem to ache all that much thanks to the protection of ‘Aurora Veil.’ He charged power into his tail and grinned. "With pleasure."