• Published 3rd Feb 2019
  • 1,969 Views, 320 Comments

A Little Adventure in Alola - CommanderX5



With Twilight being able to successfully create a portal back to Alola, it's time for the ponies to escort the summoned pokemon back to their homeland. However, when one adventure ends, another begins, one that just might be their last.

  • ...
6
 320
 1,969

Ch.6 - Rescue Party - Pt.3

A Little Adventure in Alola

-

Chapter 6
-
Rescue Party - Pt.3


Nica’s ears perked up, alert to any sign of noise as she examined her surroundings, maintaining a fighting stance. Though Infernape provided most of the light, small sparks of electricity flickered from her cheeks and added a hint of light in the dimmed quarters.

From what they could see, the floor looked like a chessboard with bronze, checkered squares, some mismatched and cracked.

She spotted a few square support pillars made of bricks while an endless number of shelves formed a labyrinth. If ghost type pokemon indeed live here, they sure had plenty of time to move stuff around. They didn’t seem to bother cleaning the place though, she thought as she noticed specks of dust everywhere, from the floor that she walked on, to the numerous shelves. First sand and now dust. I’m gonna need more than a bath after this is all over. She shivered, accidentally reminding herself of her drowning experience.

<Are you scared?> Oshawott asked as they maneuvered around fallen shopping carts and abandoned Spinarak webs. He smirked and tapped his shell. <Don’t worry, I’ll protect you.>

Nica suddenly tensed, her ears twitching as she picked up a slight rustle, as though something flying through the air.

“Prepare for Trouble!”

“And make it double!”

Everyone looked around as the familiar motto echoed through the spacious room, yet telling from which direction proved difficult.

Ignoring the distracting motto, Nica focused her full attention on the rustle while sensing the aura of two nearby pokemon moving through the labyrinth of empty shelves. Something was coming, and it had hostile intentions.

<Watch out!> Nica shouted before jumping towards the smallest pokemon. Summoning her ‘Iron Tail,’ she preemptively blocked the incoming strike as a dull ring echoed through the abandoned mart. Spinning in mid-air, she slashed her ‘Iron Tail’ against the attacker. Whoever the enemy was, it withdrew towards the darkness in an instant, using hit and run tactics rather than pressing the offensive.

Oshawott grabbed his shell with his trembling hand, nearly dropping it.

<Are you okay?> Nica asked, glancing at the water pokemon with worry.

<Y-yes… thank you.> Oshawott mumbled, before narrowing his eyes and puffing out his chest. <I mean, I could’ve easily handled it, but I appreciate the assistance.>

Sensing the aura of another pokemon, Nica looked at the Sceptile and bent her legs, ready to jump to his defense, only for Krookodile to intercept the attacker with the help of ‘Dragon Claw’ as the two pokemon pushed the enemy away. She sighed, yet remained wary, expecting another attack at any moment.

“Hey, show yourselves!” Ash demanded, yet the attackers remained in the cover of darkness.

“To protect the world from devastation!”

“To unite all peoples within our nation!”

<Here they come!> Nica warned as she glanced at Ash. I wish we could brighten up the area, but there’s not much we can do. Infernape’s already putting out as much light as he can without draining himself and my short sparks of electricity can only do so much. As long as the enemies are attacking while remaining invisible to the eyes of the trainer, there is not much he can do to help us.

Krookodile’s claws extended once again and flashed with an acid green while Sceptile’s forelimbs readied ‘Leaf Blade’. Slash after slash, they struck against the air relentlessly before being quickly overpowered and thrown towards an unaware Ash.

Launching herself, Nica threw herself in between both the pokemon and their trainer before gritting her teeth. She pressed her tail against Krookodile’s back while the black part of her tail stopped Sceptile, her paws bent and trembled as she held her ground, keeping the larger pokemon standing while preventing them from crashing into Ash.

Infernape unleashed flames from his mouth, burning a nearby shelf to a crisp in an attempt to push the attackers back. His move missed though as the fire pokemon ended up slashed a moment later, leaving a cut-mark on his right arm.

“To denounce the evils of truth and love!”

“To extend our reach to the stars above!”

Ash narrowed his eyes. “Enough of that. Infernape, use ‘Flame Wheel’ and ‘Flamethrower’ and light this place up.”

Infernape jumped into the air and spun as a few pillars of flames started striking their surroundings, setting fire to a few shelves, lighting up the area. The fire quickly sparked to life, consuming each shelf it touched and any items unfortunate enough to be stored within them.

Nica raised her forepaw, summoning ‘Light Screen’ to defend the team while Oshawott shot water from his mouth, intercepting any flames bold enough to dart towards them, creating a thin veil of steam as a result.

<Nice aim,> Nica said to Oshawott, who blushed and rubbed the back of his neck with his shell. She glanced between Infernape and Ash, impressed by their creativity.

“Jessie!”

“James!”

Everyone’s attention zeroed in on two floating figures, which hovered above the two speakers like kites on the wind.

<Those are our opponents? I could tear them in half,> Krookodile muttered in annoyance.

<Don’t underestimate them. They may look thin, but their moves are devastating,> Sceptile said, his limbs raised like two swords at the odd creatures.

<Gotta say, their strikes hurt,> Infernape said as he massaged the cut on his arm.

“Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!”

“Surrender now, or prepare to fight!”

“Meowth, that’s right!”

“We have no time for your games. Krookodile, attack with ‘Crunch,’ Sceptile, use ‘Leaf Blade’,” Ash commanded.

“You may have been beaten us in the past repeatedly, but since we arrived in Alola, the tables have turned,” Jessie spoke up as her voice boomed from the mart’s speakers. “I still remember that time when we would have taken Pikachu, if not for that annoying, overprotective Bewear.”

“You escaped defeat before, but now we have you right where we want you,” James said.

“We have Ultra Beasts on our side, we can’t lose,” Meowth taunted, “but try to resist, it will make our victory that much sweeter.”

Both thin, little beasts flew to the side, effortlessly circling around the larger pokemon while evading their strikes.

“Sceptile, attack with ‘Leaf Storm’ and Krookodile, use ‘Stone Edge!’ Don’t give them room to evade!” Ash commanded while pointing at the miniature beasts.

Together, the stones and leaves circled Sceptile and Krookodile before merging together as one, forming a thundering storm of jagged rocks and sharpened fronds. They pierced through numerous shelves as a few just managed to graze their targets.

Nica narrowed her eyes. While the beasts seemed small and vulnerable, they didn’t care much about the rock and grass attacks.

“Kartana, use ‘Leaf Blade’ to slice through the rocks and hit Krookodile,” Jessie commanded.

“Second Kartana, cut through those leaves with ‘X-scissor’ and hit Sceptile,” James joined in.

Zipping through rain of leaves and stones, both Kartana cut through anything that got in the way before striking their targets, leaving numerous, deep gashes on their opponents in seconds. Neither even had the chance to dodge.

“Oshawott, Pikachu, cover them with ‘Hydro Pump’ and ‘Thunderbolt,’” Ash commanded.

Nica smiled sheepishly, following the command while ignoring the obvious mistake. She combined her electricity with the water attack for a stronger combo.

“Kartana, ignore Krookodile and Sceptile. Focus on the little water pokemon,” Jessie suggested.

“Those beasts may look fragile, but their power is absolutely insane. Sweet dreams little Oshawott,” James said in a dark tone, chuckling.

Seeing as both attackers flew left and right to evade, Nica redirected her attack, landing a hit while leaving a few small burns on the beast.

“Infernape, intercept them with ‘Flame Wheel,’ Ash commanded, shaking his right hand.

“Not so fast,” Meowth said. “If you think you can win because the beasts are outnumbered five to two, think again. Time for third Kardana to make an entrance. Attack Infernape with ‘Aerial Ace.’”

Infernape’s ‘Flame Wheel’ collided with another beast’s ‘Aerial Ace’ as both pokemon were thrown in opposite directions, both accumulating massive damage.

With nothing to block their path, the first two Kartana charged with ‘Leaf Blade,’ cutting through ‘Thunderbolt’ and ‘Hydro Pump.’

Oshawott raised his shell defensively as it shone in blue light, yet his face showed anything but confidence.

Nica glanced at the smaller innocent pokemon, sensing his growing fear. With a rush of determination, she jumped at the attackers, intercepting with ‘Iron Tail.’ One slash after another, she countered carefully, using the length of her tail to her advantage, trying to strike the enemy’s ‘Leaf Blade’ from the side rather than directly like a fencer with a thin sword pushing aside enemy strikes.

Much to her shock, despite her careful approach and the fact that steel resists grass, her ‘Iron Tail’ started to crack within seconds, ready to break under the heavy pressure at any moment. She glanced over her shoulder, watching as Oshawott struggled to defend with his ‘Razor Shell,’ which broke in half upon receiving a single strike.

Nica grit her teeth and jumped towards her ally, striking Kartana from the side as her ‘Iron Tail’ finally broke from the contact. She spread her forepaws protectively, intercepting another ‘Leaf Blade’ with her own belly as her fluffy fur received a slash mark.

With the help of her damaged tail, she pushed Oshawott into Ash’s embrace before taking another ‘Leaf Blade’ on herself. Ignoring the intense pain, she wrapped her four legs and tail around the attacker, allowing her ‘Static’ to paralyze the Kartana.

<You… won’t escape… I won’t let you!> Nica shouted as she attacked with ‘Thunderbolt’. The pokemon in her embrace flailed, flying haphazardly around the mart before smashing her into a wall, then against a nearby shelf before rubbing her against the floor, leaving holes and marks in the crude shape of a Raichu. In response, she withdrew her tail form the embraced pokemon, charging a new ‘Iron Tail’ before pressing it into the floor. With a flex of her tail and swift swing of her paws, she threw the paper-like pokemon towards the floor before pinning it.

Oshawott watched Nica in admiration, his mouth agape while hearts formed in his black, rounded eyes.

Ash looked at the scene before glancing between his other pokemon. “Infernape, help Nica. Attack the Kartana with ‘Flare Blitz’.”

“No, no fire attacks!” Meowth shouted in panic.

“Kartana, protect Kartana!” James commanded.

“This is so confusing, why do we have to command three identical beasts?” Jessie complained.

“I told you we should have named them!” Meowth shouted indignantly, momentarily forgetting about the battle at hand.

Jessie shouted back with even more volume, “I don’t care! Pinwheel is a stupid name and you know it!”

“Krookodile, Sceptile, keep the other Kartana from interfering!” Ash commanded in haste, snapping the team rocket members out of their argument.

Nica looked at the ball of fire and destruction, quickly withdrawing from the trapped Kartana before wrapping her tail around it. With a firm jump and quick spin, she threw the Ultra Beast towards Infernape’s ‘Flare Blitz.’

In an explosion of flames, she watched as the origami pokemon fluttered to the floor before lying limp, small burns etched into its body.

<Fire is working. Infernape, can you afford a ‘Flamethrower?’> she pled as she saw the Kartana begin to stir. Her prayers were quickly answered as Infernape spat a plume of flames towards the beast. She assisted with her ‘Thunderbolt,’ pressuring Kartana to ensure he wouldn’t get away from the incoming flames. The smoke descended a moment later, revealing the unconscious beast.

“They got one, this isn’t good,” Meowth said.

“Don’t worry, we still have two, and their pokemon are getting tired,” James reassured him.

Nica looked at the speakers, noticing cables leading further into the labyrinth of shelves. How can they command the beasts if they aren’t present? Maybe I should shut down those speakers... She looked towards the ceiling and narrowed her eyes. Is that… a camera? There are more! Clenching her forepaws, she unleashed ‘Thunderbolt,’ destroying one camera, then a second and the last one.

“Hey, that’s cheating,” James complained.

“You can’t blind us like that!” Jessie yelled in anger, “You’ll pay for that!”

Nica smirked, feeling the satisfaction of a job well done. She may not be the one doing the damage, but she preferred the supportive role any day of the week.

“Wow, Pikachu… I mean… Raichu, you were amazing! Not only did you save Oshawott, but also helped Infernape take down that beast.”

Nica turned to the side and looked up, seeing Ash’s proud expression. Her eyes sparkled in joy and her mouth opened in a wide smile. The heroic… Ash Ketchum… gave me praise… This is the happiest day of my life! She just kept staring, hoping this moment would last a little longer.

Oshawott jumped from Ash’s embrace, hugging Nica’s neck. <You’re an incredible Raichu. That ‘Leaf Blade’ would have been my undoing for sure.> He nuzzled her cheek, a gesture she gratefully returned. The moment he released her neck, he looked to the side while rubbing his arm nervously. <Do you… do you… do you have a boyfriend?>

Nica blinked in confusion, caught off guard. <Boyfriend?>

<Y-yes? Because… if not… I could…>

Ash bypassed the two pokemon, commanding his Infernape, Sceptile and Krookodile against the remaining confused beasts.

Nica looked at the little sweetheart curiously, trying to gather her thoughts. Boyfriend? I suppose… I do feel affection towards Pikachu… but I don’t think he feels the same about me.

Oshawott picked up his shell, or rather its two parts as it was cut in the current battle. He held both parts together while taking a proud pose, obviously trying to impress the taller pokemon.

Nica smiled sheepishly. <You know… you do remind me a bit of Dewott.>

<Dewott?> Oshawott asked, taking a step back.

<Yes, Dewott. He was mature, very respectful, and he had a hilarious sense of honor. He was also very brave and loyal,> Nica praised, remembering her old friend.

<So Dewott is your boyfriend?> Oshawott frowned. <I… I can be more mature, braver and more respectful than he is. I can prove it!>

Nica rubbed the top of the smaller pokemon’s head, giving a soft smile. <You’re a cute and energetic fellow, but you still have some growing to do.> The smaller pokemon’s cheeks quickly became flushed, growing red from embarrassment.

She glanced over her shoulder just to make sure Ash didn’t need any assistance, though it looked as though he was fine. The previous flames lit by Infernape that light the area seemed to grow weaker with each passing moment.

<Just my luck! Why is every charming lady either taken or not interested?> Oshawott groaned as he kept staring at his broken shell in annoyance.

<To be honest, Dewott isn’t my boyfriend. Our trainers went separate ways.> Nica’s ears drooped. Now that I think about it, we cared and respected each other a lot. Maybe if one of us was honest with our feelings, something could have come out from it.

<Does that mean I have a chance?> Oshawott asked, staring at Nica with renewed hope.

The Raichu looked at the ceiling, now deep in thought. Is history going to repeat itself? Will we just go our separate ways? She narrowed her eyes and shook her head. No, it is my choice to make. I made that mistake with Dewott, but not again. I don’t care anymore if he turns me down in the end, at the very least I won’t feel regret that I never told Pikachu how I really felt.

<Sooo?>

Nica smiled sheepishly. While she decided to reveal her feelings towards Pikachu, she now needed to gently turn down this cute little admirer. They barely knew each other after all.

“That’s enough!”

Nica and Oshawott turned towards the source of the voice, now seeing Team Rocket and their Meowth standing atop a random shelf in the distance.

“So you finally decided to show up? Give back the Alolan Raichu!” Ash demanded.

“I don’t think you understand your situation, sucker. You’re in our hands, not the other way around,” Jessie said, holding her hands on her hips.

“Ace is in the shadowy claws of Mimikyu and trust me, our ghost friend is an impatient fellow,” James said, rubbing his nose arrogantly.

Meowth pointed at the Raichu. “Here’s the deal. Nica will stand still and allow Kartana to knock her unconscious, and then we’ll trade the Alolan Raichu for her.”

“And if she doesn’t comply in the next minute, then trust me, Mimikyu will not go easy on her brother… I don’t think the poor fellow will last long at this rate,” James said.

Jessie stomped repeatedly, shaking the shelf they stood on. “Fame, fortune, promotion, it is all within our reach, a big victory that was denied to us for years. Just do as we say!”

<Using Nica’s brother to capture her, how despicable,> Infernape stated. <That’s low, even for Team Rocket.>

<Do you think we’ll let you capture her without a fight?> Krookodile displayed his teeth.

Sceptile ignored his cuts, his attention on the weakened Kartana. <You’ll have to go through me first.>

Oshawott jumped forward. <You won’t lay a scratch on her, I won’t allow it.>

Nica narrowed her eyes and jumped forward much to everyone’s confusion, making quite a distance in a mere moment as she landed on a shelf close to the rocket members, who immediately became wary of her. <Where’s Ace? Where’s my brother!> She growled in anger.

Anger? Such an alien feeling that she held at bay for years. Sure, she got annoyed from time to time, maybe a bit frustrated or a little mad if someone pushed her nerves, but not this angry. The desire to hurt the people and pokemon in front of her, to punish them by force and make them miserable. It felt so wrong, yet it didn’t matter. If what Pikachu told me, these rocket members have been harassing and trying to capture him for years, and now they want to hurt my family. I… I feel no sympathy for them.

As much as she hated hurting others, as much as she hated unfair fights, she was very determined to keep those she cared about safe. <Release him this instant, or I am done playing nice, and trust me, you won’t like me when I don’t hold anything back!>

“We won’t tell you. You… you don’t intimidate us?” Meowth said, his voice cracking as he attempted to puff out his chest. A moment later, a short but sharp ‘Thunderbolt’ slammed into him, sending him crashing into the wall.

<Where is he!?> Nica shouted as sparks of electricity erupted around her.

James gulped. “Our mouths are sealed. Just surrender already. Time’s running out.”

Nica lashed with her electricity at the Rocket members, knocking them to the floor. Refusing to waste anymore time, she leaped from one shelf to another, occasionally jumping towards the ceiling while examining her surroundings from the higher ground.

“Everyone, scatter and search for Ace!” Ash commanded as his pokemon did so immediately, pushing aside any shelf or box that got in the way. The flames set up by Infernape finally extinguished as the area once again became dark.

“It’s pointless,” Jessie commented, crossing her arms. “Ever since we took this place as our hideout, Mimikyu has absorbed the lingering aura that made him as strong as a Totem pokemon. Your brother is hidden behind illusions and our pokemon are much stronger. Just give up already.”

Nica shook her head. Illusions. If I can’t trust my eyes, I’ll trust my other senses. She closed her eyes while focusing on what she learned from Riolu and Lucario all those years ago. Sensing a weak aura in the distance, she opened her eyes and jumped, leaping from shelf to shelf. She closed her eyes again, focusing on the aura of the living creature. She sensed… sadness, desperation, fear, and next to it anger. She opened her eyes, only to blink in confusion as she was now staring at a wall.

She narrowed her eyes and repeated her name, jumping from the shelf to the floor. With an aura of lightning surrounding her body, she slammed into the wall, piercing through with the help of her ‘Volt Tackle’ while aiming at the malicious aura. Time seemed to slow down as she saw her brother tied to a chair, a swarm of bruises and gashes decorating his beaten body while none other than Mimikyu stood beside him, wearing a devious smirk.


Ash and his pokemon followed Nica, so did Team Rocket as they stared at the hole in the wall in panic, only for a burst of electricity to escape through the hole. Much to Ash’s confusion, the spot on the struck wall vanished, only to be replaced by a damaged door.

“Oh no, the illusion is busted,” James said in a panic. “Where are those useless Kartana when you need them?”

Jessie yelled, “Kartana, get over here this instant and attack that stupid Raichu!”

Ash looked at the approaching beasts, but before he could even give any command, his pokemon immediately blocked their way.

With a slam of her tail, Nica pushed away the damaged door before trotting on her rear paws while holding a faint Alolan Raichu in her embrace.

Ash grit his teeth before shooting Team Rocket an angered glare. “You tortured this poor pokemon. I didn’t think you guys were this bad!”

James rubbed back of his neck, blushing. “Well… in our defense, it was Mimikyu who tortured him.”

Jessie crossed her arms before narrowing her eyes in annoyance. “When we tried to get info about where to find your Pikachu, that stupid Alolan Raichu was giving us false leads, one after another. He got on Mimikyu’s nerves. He if just spoke the truth, none of this would have happened.”

Ash knelt, taking a closer look at the poor creature.

<N-Nica? S-sister…>

<Yes, it’s me. I am with you.>

Ace opened his tired eyes, which immediately burst into tears as he embraced his sister with injured paws. <N-Nica… I knew… I knew you would come for me!> He tightened his embrace. <It was horrible. Those people were so mean.> He took a deep breath, sobbing. <First Shadpedo… bit me… then he slammed me into a rock… then Mimikyu beat me up... and beat me up... and beat me up... while I was trying to save you. He was so mean, a big merciless bully. He hissed at me, said all those mean words and kept squeezing my neck. This was the most terrifying day of my life.>

<Shhh… it’s alright, everything will be…> Nica failed to finish as her ears perked up. She leapt backward, just in time to evade a large ‘Shadow Claw.’

Ash lost his balance, falling to a sitting position as he looked to the side, spotting the enraged face of Mimikyu who seemed to be surrounded by a powerful aura. Wait… is he… bigger than before? Ash thought, remembering the increased size of other totem pokemon he had faced.

<Give him back!> Mimikyu screeched as another ‘Shadow Claw’ shot out from under its costume.

Ash stood up, observing how the ‘Shadow Claw,’ which seemed to be larger than usual shot after Nica, who in turn leapt forward, landing on the middle part of the attack as she stood on the tips of her rear paws. “Behind you!” Ash warned as the hand turned around, following the Raichu as if a heat-seeking missile. He yelped in surprise the moment Nica jumped and threw Ace into his embrace.

He look two steps back, balancing himself as he held the crying pokemon in a firm grip. Upon seeing the ‘Shadow Claw’ reaching for Ace, he turned around and raised his shoulder protectively, yet paused when he didn’t feel the attack land. Confused, he glanced over his shoulder, seeing the tip of Nica’s long ‘Iron Tail’ stretched towards Mimikyu and held threateningly before his cloaked head.

The moment of tension lasted for seconds as no one dared to move while ‘Shadow Claw’ and ‘Iron Tail’ were ready to strike their targets at any moment. He heard the repetitive ‘Raichu, Raichu, Rai,” as Mimikyu responded with a screeching noise.

“You can’t be serious,” Meowth said, receiving a curious glance from Ash and the Rocket members.

“What did she say?” James asked.

“She’s challenging Mimikyu to a duel. If she wins, she’ll take her brother away, but if she loses, she’ll surrender to us,” Meowth translated. “She demands one versus one, no interference from any pokemon or beasts.”

Jassie crossed her arms and asked, “Sounds good to me, but we’ll still use our Z-move.”

Nica nodded.

Ash protested in panic, “You can’t! You’re still hurt and tired, and you got hit by two powerful ‘Leaf Blades!’ Just let us…” He paused upon receiving a determined glare from the Raichu, seeing nothing but confidence. This fight was both important and personal to her and she wasn’t going to take no for an answer. He sighed and lowered his head. “Alright, I’ll support you, but don’t you dare lose. After what you did for Pikachu, I couldn’t stand it if Team Rocket took you away on my watch.” Nica nodded in understanding, knowing how high the stakes were.

James looked at Jessie in panic. “Are you sure this is a good idea? If boss wants this Raichu so much, then she must be really strong. Can Mimikyu handle her?” His face became pale upon seeing fake ears twitch and hearing Mimikyu’s angered hissing that followed.

“Oh please. Don’t you remember how Mimikyu crushed pikachu everytime they clashed? And now he has become a Totem Pokemon, growing even stronger.” Jessie pointed at the ring on her wrist. “Not to mention we worked hard on the Z-move, and unlike Pikachu who can use his Z-move against us thanks to his strong connection to Ash, we have nothing to fear from that Raichu.”

Meowth grinned, small fangs peeking out. “Ultra Beasts are great, but Totem Mimikyu with a Z-move is even better. Neither Pikachu, nor Raichu stand a chance against it.”

James, Jessie, and even Meowth raised their beastballs, recalling two injured and one unconscious Kartana.

Ash followed suit, recalling his Krookodile, Sceptile and Infernape, though Oshawott evaded the recalling beam, demanding to watch the battle.

After finding a less ruined area, one spacious enough for everyone to fit in and surrounded by undamaged shelves, Ash approached a shelf that seemed to have some old soft material, a little stack of toilet paper. He didn’t bother to think why toilet paper was there in the first place as he gently placed the injured Alolan Raichu on the floor, supporting his back against the soft material.

He glanced at his water pokemon and said, “Oshawott, can you guard Ace? In case they try to capture him while we’re busy battling.”

The pokemon nodded, holding the two fragments of his shell together. He looked at the injured Raichu in pity, gently stroking his injured paw.

Ace wiped tears from his eyes, wincing in pain from moving his paws. <N-Nica… kick Mimikyu's… thing…? Does he even have that thing?> He shook his head. <Kick his ectoplasmic non-existent butt.>

Oshawott chuckled at this remark.

Ash stood up and turned around before twisting his hat backwards, a new fire burning in his eyes. While the inside of the Megamart was a bit dark, there seemed to be a few little holes on the ceiling, inviting bits of light into this particular area. Not much, but good enough.

Nica stood before him, already in a fighting stance while facing Mimikyu. He could see sparks of electricity escape from her body while her raised tail flashed in metallic grey. Focus Ash, this fight is important. Mimikyu was already strong, but now he’s even more powerful, and Nica is far from her best. This is going to be a really hard fight.

He gulped as drops of sweat fell down his forehead. Whenever Pikachu and I faced Mimikyu, we often ended up on the ropes. I’m not sure if Nica even stands a chance, but I must support her the best I can. Too much is on the line for us to lose. He glanced at his Z-ring, desperately wondering if it would even work with a Raichu he had met for the first time. They would need any advantage they could get.