• Published 8th Feb 2019
  • 3,863 Views, 141 Comments

Anon-A-Miss: Chaos - CapNTilfy



Anon-A-Miss sets their next plan into motion in a continued effort to humiliate Sunset Shimmer.

  • ...
14
 141
 3,863

Crescendo

Applejack strode into the cafeteria, feeling good about herself. She grabbed her lunch and sat at the usual table, waiting for her friends as she tapped her fingers. She didn't care for all this fussin' and fighting, and just wanted things to go back to normal!

----------------------------------------------

Rarity walked into the cafeteria, taking stock of the situation surrounding her. Students were still at each other's throats, and the staff was stretched thin trying to keep her peers under control. It was pure chaos, even worse than a sale at Carousel Boutique on a bad day! The fashionista shook her head. Now was not the time for such thoughts. She had to get her lunch and sit down.

----------------------------------------------

A few moments later, Rarity arrived at the table where Applejack was sitting. "I'd ask about the getup," the farmer said, appraising the fashionista's outfit. "But there's more important things to talk about here."

Rarity nodded, then laced her fingers together and rested her head atop her hands. "Agreed. But we should wait for the others, don't you think?"

Applejack nodded. "Agreed."

----------------------------------------------

"See ya later, Butterfly."

Sandalwood's words continued to echo through Fluttershy's head as she grabbed her lunch. She had to focus if Sunset was going to be helped. These newfound feelings would have to wait! And yet...

"See ya later, Butterfly."

Fluttershy felt heat rise to her face, then shook her head. No, no, no! Sunset first, Sandalwood later! She grit her teeth in determination, and pressed forward.

----------------------------------------------

Fluttershy reached the usual table where Rarity and Applejack were waiting.

Applejack raised an eyebrow. "Uh, y'all okay, Fluttershy?"

The animal caretaker sat down at the table and sighed. "Yes, Applejack," she said as she began to eat. "I'm doing just fine..."

"Are you sure, darling? You seem rather distracted."

Fluttershy opened her mouth to speak, when she briefly felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, Butterfly," Sandalwood said as he walked past.

Fluttershy felt heat rise to her face like never before. "H-Hi," she said before giggling nervously and waving at him. She turned around to see Rarity and Applejack glance at each other, then stare straight at her with knowing looks.

Rarity squealed, flapping her hands excitedly. "You have a crush! Oh, how adorable!"

Fluttershy slapped the palm of her hand to her forehead.

----------------------------------------------

Pinkie Pie hurried into the cafeteria. Lunch would have to wait, Sunset Shimmer was in danger! She scanned her immediate surroundings, hoping to find her friend. Time was limited, so she decided to ask her other friends at their usual table...

----------------------------------------------

"Yeah, that's nice and all," Applejack said as she folded her arms. "But let's not get too distracted. okay?" She looked at Fluttershy. "Not that I ain't happy for ya," she said with a smile.

The shy girl blushed as she looked away.

"Guys," Pinkie exclaimed as she reached the table. "Has anybody seen Sunset?"

"Not since before first period," Applejack said.

"I saw her before second," Rarity said.

"She was with me before third," Fluttershy said. "Why? Is everything okay?"

"No," Pinkie said as she shook her head. "She's in big, big trouble," she exclaimed, flailing her arms.

Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack gasped.

"Well," Rarity asked worriedly. "What sort of trouble is she in?"

"My Pinkie Sense went off, that's all I know."

The party girl's friends all exchanged meaningful glances at one another. In all the time they'd come to known each other, they'd learned to trust in her Pinkie Sense.

"Well, we can't just sit here gabbin', we gotta find her!"

----------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash entered the cafeteria, warily looking around for anything suspicious. She glanced in each direction, then noticed her friends begin to rise from their table. The athlete hurried over.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Where are you guys going," she asked.

"Sunset's in trouble," Pinkie said.

Rainbow stood still for a moment. "...Pinkie Sense?"

The rest of the girls nodded in unison.

"I think we should stay here."

"What," Rarity asked in surprise. "Why?"

Rainbow Dash took a deep breath, exhaled, and told her friends of her talk with Sunset.

"Oh, my," Fluttershy said. "It's... it's worse than we thought."

"That's why I think we should stay here," Rainbow said, pointing to the cafeteria floor. "She's going to come, we should just wait for her."

"I dunno," Pinkie said, cupping her chin. "Did she Pinkie Promise?"

Rainbow Dash thought for a moment, then shook her head. "That doesn't mean she won't come, Pinkie. You've got to have faith that she will."

----------------------------------------------

Sunset Shimmer entered the cafeteria. Her mind was racing as tears were falling.

"You're a monster..."

She hissed through her teeth, fighting through the mental turmoil. The voices. The shouting of the students, reminding her of her darker, manipulative days. She was lonely. So painfully alone.

A memory flashed.

"I don't deserve your friendship," Sunset shouted. "After all that I've done. All the pain that I've caused." She sobbed again. "I... I don't deserve forgiveness! Please. Just leave me alone."

Wait. That never happened... did it?

The rocker yelped as she experienced a sudden splitting headache. She clutched her head in agony, only for the pain to disappear just as quickly and suddenly as it came. Opening her eyes, she saw her... friends? Friends or no, she needed them, and with that in mind she walked over to the table.

"G... Guys..." Sunset's voice was weak, but not so weak that the girls didn't hear her.

The five girls gasped and ran over to her, each speaking at once.

"P-Please..." Sunset sniffled. "I..." she sat down at the table. "I can't. I-I just." She trailed off, already past her limit.

Sunset's friends huddled around her, then hugged. She broke immediately, sobbing uncontrollably. The warmth she was feeling, deserved or not, was a much needed respite from the hell she'd been through.

Everyone's phone buzzed simultaneously.

"It can wait," Rainbow Dash said.

Within moments, the fighting and shouting stopped. An oppressive silence loomed over the cafeteria. The girls looked up from their hug, and saw every student glaring in their direction.

Pinkie gasped. "This must be the danger!"

Applejack raised an eyebrow. "What in tarnation's goin' on?!"

Rarity risked a glance at her phone, and her eyes widened. "Oh, shit," she all but whispered, then showed the message to her friends.

This is my final message.
Ever since yesterday, I've been exposing peoples' secrets and posting them online.
And now, it's time for you to learn mine.
I am Sunset Shimmer.

Rainbow Dash grit her teeth. "Oh, Jesus..."

"Sunset's in no condition to deal with this," Fluttershy exclaimed. "What can we do?"

The students slowly walked towards the six, and the shouting and anger gradually returned. Only now, it was directed at one person: Sunset Shimmer.

"Wh-What's going on," Sunset asked wearily.

Applejack wordlessly handed her phone to the rocker.

Sunset took it, then read the message. Her eyes widened in horror, and her hands began to tremble as she lost grip of the phone. "Oh, sweet Celestia..."

The students drew closer, and Sunset could barely make out what they were saying as Pinkie, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Rarity and Pinkie all formed a circle with her in the center.

"How could you?!"

"We trusted you!"

"You haven't changed after all!"

Each exclamation of rage and sorrow struck Sunset Shimmer down to her core. "P-Please s-stop!"

Sunset's circle of friends shrunk slowly, until almost all six girls were touching each other.

"Stand strong, girls," Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

Pinkie Pie yelped as she was pushed away by a student, who then came within inches of Sunset's face.

"You're a monster," he spat.

Suddenly, memories flooded through Sunset. Memories of her wrongdoings.

"N-No..."

All the people she'd hurt.

"No..."

Everything came back to her.

"No!"

The memories that replayed over and over... The pain she felt... While in the rainbow.

Pushed far, far, beyond her limit, Sunset Shimmer took a deep breath...

...and shrieked in mental anguish, causing everyone to stop.

Then everything went black.

End of Anon-A-Miss: Chaos

Author's Note:

It is highly recommended that you read The Other Side of the Rainbow, as it ties into the next book and also provides context for what Sunset was experiencing.

Comments ( 11 )
CSC

Whoa......

Suddenly, memories flooded through Sunset. Memories of her wrongdoings.

"N-No..."

All the people she'd hurt.

"No..."

Everything came back to her.

"No!"

The memories that replayed over and over... The pain she felt... While in the rainbow.

Pushed far, far, beyond her limit, Sunset Shimmer took a deep breath...

...and shrieked in mental anguish, causing everyone to stop.

Then everything went black.

Holy s:yay:t. I just read that other story and...my god. Wallflower, is it? I now officially have four words to say to you: Welcome to the list.
It's a very, very special list of very, very special people. I look forward to crossing your name off it one day.

Pinkie Pie: DEFCON 1! EVERYBODY RUN!

Good God. What a cliffhanger.

I haven't felt this tense reading a fanfiction since Terminal Chaos was posting. You did a good job on revamping the Anon-a-Miss genre, and I'd suggest a career as a professional writer.

When I get my hands on Wallflower, I'm gonna tear her a new asshole!

9781206
I will assist you!:flutterrage:

Rarity squealed, flapping her hands excitedly. "You have a crush ! Oh, how adorable !"

Saw it coming a mile away. :facehoof:

Then everything went black.

Oh no!

11126377

" In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, and the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories. " Pinkie finished belching out her monologue, then grinned widely, making a squeaking noise.

What?

It's from Law and Order.

Everyone's phone buzzed simultaneously.

Within moments, the fighting and shouting stopped. An oppressive silence loomed over the cafeteria. The girls looked up from their hug, and saw every student glaring in their direction.

This is my final message. Ever since yesterday, I've been exposing peoples' secrets and posting them online. And now, it's time for you to learn mine. I am Sunset Shimmer.

The students slowly walked towards the six, and the shouting and anger gradually returned. Only now, it was directed at one person: Sunset Shimmer.

Pinkie Pie yelped as she was pushed away by a student, who then came within inches of Sunset's face.

HIT THE DECK!!!!!!

Login or register to comment